PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old Is anyone else doing Camp NaNoWriMo April?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:30 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Is anyone else doing Camp NaNoWriMo April?

Is anyone else participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this April?

If you're wondering what NaNoWriMo is... Every November is National Novel Writing Month, and in that month (if you choose to participate) you have to write 50,000 words of a novel. Your 'novel' can be anything from a book to a fanfiction to a play. There are even a few 'rebels' out there who, instead of writing, draw 50 pictures!

Now, Camp NaNoWriMo is a more laid-back version of NaNoWriMo. It's the same as the regular, except it happens in April and July, and you can pick your word-count. (Anything between 10,000 and 1,000,000!)

Another thing Camp NaNoWriMo has is groups called 'cabins'. A cabin is A group of up to 11 other people to talk and share encouragement with for the entire month.

So... Interested in participating? Here are the links to the original NaNoWriMo (13 and over), the Young Writers Program (17 and under) NaNoWriMo, and Camp NaNoWriMo, in that order.

http://nanowrimo.org/about
http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/what-is-nanowrimo
http://campnanowrimo.org/about
Old 03-14-2016, 06:36 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
I'm not joining since I simply don't have the motivation to keep up with something like this, but it does look super cool! Reminds me of Camp Pixie Dust. I wish you luck with your writing, Daisy!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:02 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I did it one year, but like Neverbelle I didn't have the motivation to finish it. The whole concept of it is amazing though. It makes me wish I was more of a faithful story writer.

Edit: I actually decided to write! So I guess I will be doing it this year.

Last edited by Primrosesweet; 03-23-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
*groans* Sorry I didn't reply sooner; I got caught up in planning for Camp NaNo. I lost with a total of... around 7,000 words -- I haven't added up the grand total yet because, well... I know I didn't get anywhere near my goal, so I've been putting it off until the last possible minute. I still have more words than I started with, though!

Thanks, Neverbelle! Yeah, I also seem to lose motivation a few days into the month, but I still think it's fun to try.

That's great, Primrose! What was your story about (or did you decide to 'rebel'?) ? Did you reach your goal?
Old 05-12-2016, 03:01 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I didn't decide to rebel. Unless writing short stories counts... Wait. Does it? I wrote about a girl going to be a nanny in Ireland. And I failed too. I only made it a little past 5,000
Do you think you will do Camp Nano again, Daisy?