PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & Fairies Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old Serious problem with computer....any solution?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Flitterer
View Stella Icewind's Photo Album
Stella Icewind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Apr'15 Coloring Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Angelic
Stella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Serious problem with computer....any solution?

Hey pixie friends. As the title says, this thread isn't for good news.
I have a serious big problem with my computer. When im on it and im doing something like im on pixiehollow or in youtube or im hearing music or even when im away from it, it shuts off by itself.
I did install a anti-virus and im trying to scan the viruses but my computer doesn't let me it turns off even if i dont have any tab just the scanning tab it doesn't stay more than 10 minutes, and plus now when im writting this im like: now will shut off i know it. This thing is crazy, i mean to sit in my computer and check something you will stay with fear if it will shut off.
Plus when i go to pixie hollow for more than 5 minutes it shuts of and i am so angry.
Does anyone of you know what can i do or install or i dont know, any solution.
If yes please reply and tell me, i would be so so happy if someone will help me with this problem.
~Stella
Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 PM
hi!
View RosesOfScarlet's Photo Album
RosesOfScarlet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 41

My Mood: Happy
RosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dustRosesOfScarlet glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Hmm, interesting. How long have you had your computer and how long has this been happening for? If it's really old I would think it would do somehing like that. Maybe you should talk to a computer expert if nothing on this thread works? I'm sorry this is happening to you
Old 12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
I would contact a computer expert. Maybe there's a website where you can send them an e-mail? I hope your problem doesn't persist
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Oh, I am so sorry about your computer problems, Stella! You should get a computer technician to see what is wrong with your computer. Try searching things to find a solution before you actually get a professional to help you out, though. I hope your computer problem gets fixed soon, Stella!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Is Back For a Few Days :)
View vetcat1234's Photo Album
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 
Total Awards: 60

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
I'm so sorry about your computer, Stella! I'm afraid I can't help you; I'm not the best with computers, I leave that up to my brother. I hope you can find the answer soon!

~Cat

Sarah Ajay Oak
Credits: Avatar: Twilight Signature: Jenny. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Fly with you!
View Tiramisu's Photo Album
Tiramisu's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day New Years Eve 2016 PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Fairy Feast Award Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: LiveChat
Tiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Ive had the music thing happen on my computer; It tends to be really
random or on older computers. I just restart my computer when that
happens but it is not due to a virus. It is because of lag and it trying
to process things and its sort of crashes.

Now the shutting off thing is a very big issue. Has your computer been
on for a long period of time? none of your issues are due to a virus;
but probably due to hardware being over used or to old and needing to
be replaced. Make sure all the cords are plugged into the computer right!
I suggest going to go see a technician for this!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Foxfeather Animal Fairy
View Foxfeather's Photo Album
Foxfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 173

My Mood: fairyish
Foxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast FlyerFoxfeather is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent
Have you tried a system restore. just choose a date before this happened.
I would at least try before I spent money.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM
thanks, Stormy and Lilac!
View Sophie Silkpetal's Photo Album
Sophie Silkpetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Amazed
Sophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Oh! My computer had the same problem!!

Strawberry is correct - it tends to happen on older computers.

What you might need - ( along with a thorough cleaning by a professional of the inside - so there is less dust. ) is a new Graphic card. They are put into your computer, so that websites like Disney Fairies, Youtube, and even just Facebook games and email websites aren't using space on your internal memory; instead it uses the graphic card's memory.

Hope that helps!!

- Sophie

Signature by Ruby {BookThing}. Thank you!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Flitterer
View Stella Icewind's Photo Album
Stella Icewind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Apr'15 Coloring Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Angelic
Stella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dustStella Icewind glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Thank you for suggestions everyone, i appreciate everyone of you thank you again.
Ah my computer is so old, we bought it earlier and it has a old model it isnt like the new models laptop or something.
And this happened to the computer 2 times, in the first one we clean it from viruses and we made our memory refresh how to call it we made it new, but now again it happens, and it doesnt stop shutting when i open pixiehollow i can stay 10 minutes if im lucky of course and boommm...it shutts off.
~Stella
Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Searching....
View Jezzi's Photo Album
Jezzi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond repute
Garden Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
I can't work out if you have a desktop or a laptop but our laptop used to frequently shut off when playing the Sims game, nothing else. Apparently all the graphics made it overwork and the laptop overheated (it automatically shuts down to cool off). I went searching online for a cooling pad and came across a "free" answer. Whenever we use the laptop for the Sims we place it on top of a cooling rack (yes, the ones you place cookies on when they come out of the oven ). It is fine now.

Credits ~ Signature: Alyce Natalie ~ Profile: Twilight ~ Avatar: SweetCupcake ~ Thank you!