PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old The Quest for the Scepter

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:17 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent

I am crouching in the grass on the outskirts of a meadow, watching a group of pheasants several yards in front of me. Quietly, I move forward a bit and draw my bow, aiming at one of the birds. Maybe I’ll actually be able to get a good meal today…
Suddenly, an ear-piercing scream in the distance causes the pheasant to frantically fly away. My eyes widen as I turn to look at the forest behind me. Immediately, I flashback to the day my sister was captured by the Rameons. I had left her alone at our campsite for not even a minute to go hunting. Then I heard her scream…
Quickly, I bolt into the forest, searching for the girl who shouted.
Those Rameons need to leave us alone!! I think angrily.
Soon, I come to a clearing and see a girl surrounded by Rameons and an elf is fighting them off. Without hesitating, I unsheathe my dagger and join the battle.

(I’m going to skip a little bit so I’m not reposting everything that already happened. )
~~~~~~~~
(So, Ariellia is going to be captured, right? I can edit my post if that’s not what was supposed to happen.)

Calaeron, Saria and Maverick hurry after the girl, leaving me to watch over Ariellia.
“Did they hurt you?” I ask, turning to her.
She shakes her head. “No, I’m alright.”
I begin to walk around the clearing with my dagger drawn, checking to make sure no soldiers are left. Good. I think. It looks like they're all gone for now.
Suddenly, two arrows come zipping from out the trees in front of me and both of them hit me; one in my right leg and the other in my left arm. I shout in pain and stumble backwards as four Rameons rush into the clearing.
You have to protect Ariellia, I think. Get up and fight!
Bracing myself, I grasp the arrow in my leg firmly and pull it out with all my might, causing a sharp pain shoots up my leg. With another cry of agony, I pull the second arrow out of my arm. As I struggle to stand up again, one of the soldiers jumps in front of me with his dagger drawn. I block the stab, but not the punch that follows it. My head is now throbbing, but I charge at the soldier with my dagger in hand.
By now, I've become completely exhausted. I feel lightheaded from the blow in the face and my arm and leg are bleeding, not to mention my wounds from the previous battle. Somehow, I manage to take down the soldier despite my condition.
I turn around just in time to see three Rameons seize Ariellia and begin to make an escape into the forest. She struggles to free herself from their grasp.
My leg gives way as I attempt to run after them and I stumble to the ground. The pain in my leg has practically crippled me. I attempt to draw my bow and fire an arrow at the soldiers, but am unable to aim accurately due to the wound on my arm. The remaining three soldiers don’t turn back as they leave with Ariellia.
I sprawl on the ground, breathing heavily.
Good job, Aranel. I think sarcastically. As soon as you make some friends, one of them gets captured because you are unable to protect them. What will they think of me now?
Slowly and weakly, I lean up against the trunk of a tree and examine my wounds.
Ehh, they're pretty bad, but I've seen worse. I think bluntly. I'll live.

(Medic!! )

Last edited by Misty_12; 01-16-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent

The entire group of Tayvians has just disappeared in front of us. Once I got over the shock of it, I scowled.
Really messed up my plans. I remember the slender fairy with the light blonde hair who'd called for her friend. Ugh. Curse the halfling. I hadn't been able to tell until it was too late that she had wizard blood.
I turned and led what was left of my troops away. My scowl deepened when I saw how many we'd lost. For such a small group of Tayvians, it shouldn't have been so many.
At least we'd caught two, and gotten rid of a third, the older nymph who just wouldn't cooperate.
"Should we go after them?" someone offered to the group. I couldn't remember her name. Whatever, these soldiers are just a means to an end.
"No," I told her sharply. "Going after them would be too risky, when there is a wizard involved. Don't worry--their clumsiness will lead them back into sight eventually. Tayvians can never stay hidden for long."
I didn't particularly see the need to share my plans with the group. They were little more than mere tools to me, and you didn't tell your bow or knife what you planned to do with them, did you?
We'd lost too many fighting this. The king would be most displeased with me if this continues. Instead, we'd just take these two, see if we can get any information out of them.
Their friends would come looking for them soon enough. I smiled to myself. I loved the hunt, but there was pleasure in catching your prey this way as well.
Like a fly in a spider's web, or a rabbit in a trap.
Just then, a few others caught up with us. They were dragging the angel girl behind them.
Well, three pieces of bait was better than two.
"Well done, all of you. We've had a good hunt." I grinned cruelly. They all brightened at the praise, which was a rare thing coming from me. Like dogs starving for their master's approval. Pathetic.
"Now. Let's see what kind of information the King can get out of them." I flicked my long, dark cape behind me and spun on my heel.
I couldn't wait for the halfling to come find us. I had a score to settle with the girl who'd cheated me out of a better hunt.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
(Yes please, Night! I'm still trying to work out the kinks in Nyxie's backstory, but something that happened to her during her childhood made her quiet and mysterious.)

I sat in my study, channeling my thoughts to focus on one particular subject: dragons. I'd always been fascinated with them since I was a little girl, but I'd never told anyone that. Well, I didn't have anyone to tell that to. Being King Balthazar's daughter, princess and second in line for the throne to my brother, Judas, everyone in the realm either feared me or ignored me.
With reason, of course. I was their dictator's daughter, perceived by the public as a quiet, proper, and a rather peculiar spectacle.
However, I did have one friend I could trust. Well, "friend" and "trust" weren't exactly the correct words to describe her. Raven, a girl around my age who works for Father. She and I had the same tutor during our education years, so we had gotten to know each other fairly well. Father looked at her with such pride, he frequently told me someday I would go on an "adventure" with her. But when would that time come?
Father said Raven's mission was to capture a group of Tayvians. He told me that since I am coming of age, I would be put in charge with the duty of handling and interrogating the prisoners, should any needs arise. I was used to being in the dungeons, one of my younger servants, Kailani, worked there along with being employed by me. She was only eleven, and a dryad. Her older brother, the Tayvian-turned-Rameon Blake, had hid her during the invasion, so she couldn't run away with her sister. Part of me pitied her, but another said that she had a better life now because of it.
I looked up and saw my reflection in the mirror placed above my desk. I touched the scar under my right eye, and shook my head. I was such an arrogant little girl at the time.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wish View Post

I didn't particularly see the need to share my plans with the group. They were little more than mere tools to me, and you didn't tell your bow or knife what you planned to do with them, did you?
(...sorry... )
Old 01-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rose Starbloom's Photo Album
Rose Starbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Pixieish
Rose Starbloom is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Rainbow

Ok I'm going to do mine!

Name: Princess Rose
Personality: Rose is a princess but doesn't act snotty like asking people to bring her things. Is gentle and sweet.
Appearance: Long curly red hair, crystal blue eyes, fair skin
Type of creature: Fairy Princess
Family: Honey (Mom) Primrose (10 year old sister) Breezy (my twin)
Other: Queen Honey, Princess Primrose, Princess Breezy and I fly to the castle where the scepter is hidden.

Thanks!
Love,
Rose
Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent

Cress turned around and flew off into the forest, panicked, and someone called out in surprise. I glanced at Aranel, and she wordlessly nodded, so I leapt after Cress, effortlessly following her. Maverick and Saria dashed after us as well, but Aranel stayed behind with Ari.

Cress finally stopped near the foliage just outside our former campsite. Rilla was on the ground, her hands raised in surrender as some Rameon boy tied her hands behind her back. Cress called up a spell to hit him in the back with a large tree branch, but he spun around, easily catching the branch in his hand. He smiled over at us.

Before I could jump in to save Rilla, more Rameons came out of the foliage all around us. You fool! How could you not have noticed them?! I screamed in my mind as we were surrounded.

"Go, Cress!" Rilla yelled. "Get them out of here." She nodded to us desperately.
I was wishing that Aranel was with us now, because out of all of the others, she was the only one I knew could fight well enough with me to get us out alive.
"Cress, please," Rilla begged. "You're the only one who can do it." She tried to smile bravely, "Like you said, some of us need to be free."
"I'm so sorry," Cress whispered.
"Me too."

Cress fought back tears as she raised her hands, then a spell of invisibility fell upon us, and the Rameons looked around wildly as we disappeared from sight.
There was nothing we could do for Rilla, or for Maye either. I stood numbly in place until Maverick pulled me from my spot, then we ran from the Rameons with what was left of our group. I hated myself for losing Rilla and Maye, and I ran only to keep the rest safe.

As we return to the clearing, Cress drops her spell and sinks to the ground with her grief. I scan the area, noticing that Ari and Aranel aren't there, so I quickly run to the far edge where I spot Aranel leaning against a tree.
"Aranel!" I cry out as I see her wounds, and she weakly opens her eyes.
"I'm so sorry Calaeron. They got her." She says, looking down in shame. "You all should go. They might still be here."
"No. At least I know that Ari and Maye have Rilla with them. They will be fine. We will get them out." I force myself to say, "You need our help. We aren't going to leave you. Come on." I say, helping Aranel up. She winces in pain, but doesn't cry out. I put her good arm over my shoulder and help her limp back to the clearing.

Saria takes one look at Aranel and rushes over to help. "Lay her down here." She instructs before flying into the woods a short distance. She soon returns with some plants and begins to clean Aranel's injuries.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:37 PM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 

Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post

(...sorry... )
No need to apologize, Popcorn! I just put that little comment in there to make Raven seem more cruel. It's not that I have a problem with what you had Rune find out from the Rameons. I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

"Hello, Raven. What do you have for me?" King Balthazar tapped his fingers on the edge of his throne and smiled coldly at me.
I nodded to the three prisoners my guards were on their way to dragging towards the dungeons.
"Only three?" the king frowned. His displeasure was clear.
"There is a reason the Tayvians have evaded you for so long, my lord." I said calmly. "Do not underestimate them so easily. Instead of attempting to capture them all - which is entirely possible, but would be... costly - why not wait for them to come to us?"
The king stared at me. I had his attention.
"They will come for their friends," I said simply.
A slow smile spreads across his face. "Perhaps you are right." He motioned for the girl standing beside him to step forward. The princess Nyxie.
I smiled at her, perhaps the closest I can come to a real smile. Nyxie and I had known each other for many years. Maybe "friend" isn't exactly the right word. I don't really trust anyone enough to be their friend.
Nor do I want to deal with the... affection that comes with friendship.
"You know my daughter, Nyx. She is to be in charge of handling and questioning the prisoners."
I bowed. "A wise choice, my lord. She needs to be educated in the ways we deal with Tayvians."

(Hazy, I just noticed something weird. Our characters are almost always one of each other's friends! Ivory and Dove, Annalise and Laurel, Cress and Rilla, and now Nyxie and Raven. I hope that speaks well for our friendship. )

Last edited by Night Wish; 01-31-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:46 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 

Light Talent
The Quest for the Scepter

Haha! Thats funny Night!

Last edited by Liri Dazzlebeam; 01-18-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Flitterific Garden Fairy
View Coconut Tulippetal's Photo Album
Coconut Tulippetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 102

My Mood: fairyish
Coconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent

I went out for a small walk before we left the cave. Things are going to get a lot harder after we leave the cave, I thought. As soon as I walked up to the small birch tree that I usually sat down beside, I heard a large scream coming from the cave. Oh no! I screamed inside my head. As I turned to run back, I saw that they were getting closer and closer to me. Then everyone split up to fight off the Rameons. I, too went off to fight the Rameons. They were all around me! Then, I saw Aranel dashing towards me. We fought as hard as we could, but ultimately the Rameons had quietly pulled me away from the battle. "This isn't the end!" I screamed.

Last edited by Coconut Tulippetal; 05-17-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:02 AM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Oh Night, that's hilarious! I was beginning to notice that too! I guess we just RP well together, and our writing styles mix nicely? I actually had a similar vibe once going with another roleplayer, Scarlet. I have no idea how some of these things work out, but they do! Rapunzel: What brought you here? Fate? Destiny? Flynn: A horse... I thought that quote seemed to fit because it must be fate or destiny that brought us together in the RP world (that sounds so ridiculous!) and Laurel is the descendant of Rapunzel!
But I was thinking, what if it was Nyxie that went "undercover" as a Tayvian, so we could have one of my characters with the Rameons and the other with the Tayvians. If Raven went, then Night you'd have both of your characters in the Tayvian group. Just throwing it out there, though! Although Nyxie was supposed to interrogate the prisoners... Ideas, anyone?

Last edited by Hazel Brightsparkle; 01-18-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rose Starbloom's Photo Album
Rose Starbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Pixieish
Rose Starbloom is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liri Dazzlebeam View Post
Haha! Thats funny!

Liri when should I write it?
Old 01-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
The Quest for the Scepter

Um... When should you write what rose? I was talking to Night Wish there...
Old 01-18-2014, 07:49 PM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Brightsparkle View Post
Oh Night, that's hilarious! I was beginning to notice that too! I guess we just RP well together, and our writing styles mix nicely? I actually had a similar vibe once going with another roleplayer, Scarlet. I have no idea how some of these things work out, but they do! Rapunzel: What brought you here? Fate? Destiny? Flynn: A horse... I thought that quote seemed to fit because it must be fate or destiny that brought us together in the RP world (that sounds so ridiculous!) and Laurel is the descendant of Rapunzel!
But I was thinking, what if it was Nyxie that went "undercover" as a Tayvian, so we could have one of my characters with the Rameons and the other with the Tayvians. If Raven went, then Night you'd have both of your characters in the Tayvian group. Just throwing it out there, though! Although Nyxie was supposed to interrogate the prisoners... Ideas, anyone?
Thanks Liri, I thought so too.

Haha, Hazy, that is hilarious! The Tangled quote is so perfect. Only thing we need is a horse!
Anyway, yeah, I guess our writing styles do go nicely together. That's cool.
Ugh, I see your point, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that. Sorry, do you want me to change my post? We don't really need a Rameon spy.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Maverick

I'd never felt more useless in my life. I stared numbly as Saria tended Aranel's wounds. Aranel had only appeared a few minutes ago, but she'd done infinitely more than I could ever do. When the Rameons had invaded, I was overwhelmed by the horrifying memories as they rushed back. Now, Maye, Rilla and Ariellia were gone, and I'd done absolutely nothing to help them. Maye, Rilla, Ariellia... I hadn't known them for long, but they had been so accepting. I tried to ignore the sense of guilt that was lodged deep in my gut. The qualm had been growing inside me since the Tayvians had welcomed me for my lies. But whether or not they knew I was a Rameon, I had to prove that I wasn't just another pitiless Rameon—I had to help them.

"Crescent, that invisibility spell was... incredible. You saved us." I glanced at Crescent hopefully, but she winced with painful regret.
"We're going to rescue them." It was the first time I'd said anything with so much certainty. "I know a way—a shortcut to the heart of Ramea."
Calaeron suddenly stared at me, his eyes flickering with interest. "The heart of Ramea..." he tested the words on his tongue.
Then Crescent's entire aura changed. She rose with new determination. "The Sceptre...!"

Last edited by Book Thing; 01-19-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:05 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Rune
Just as the scents were getting stronger and stronger, I heard voices. I quickly hid nearby, to understand what they were trying to say.
"You saved us," someone was saying, which was followed by a short pause.
Then, "we're going to rescue them," they continued, sounding completely certain of themselves. "I know a way—a shortcut to the heart of Ramea."
Here, my ears perked up. Either the person was a previously captured Tayvian, another Changeling that had done what I had done, or...
... a Rameon themselves.
No one else in the group didn't seem to notice the novelty of this. "The heart of Ramea..." someone else was saying, while another person filled in, "the Sceptre...!"
They're going after the Sceptre?!
Before I could stop myself, I ran into the clearing, and found them all staring at me. Me, panting, tongue lolling out of my mouth...
As much as I regretted interrupting their conversation, they had to know that they were walking right into a trap!
I... would just have a lot of explaining to do.
Taking a deep breath, I started to transform into my real self. Halfway through, I felt something cold and sharp on the back of my neck. I immediately panicked, and froze.

(I sort of have this idea where you guys would start out by not trusting Rune (as long as that idea isn't completely overdone), because of her transformation abilities, her knowledge of the Rameon plans, and the fact that she was disguised as a Rameon...
Maybe Rune and Maverick could be friends because of this? Would that be a good idea, Ruby?)