PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All discussion of PH's closing *mega thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Is a Pixie
View Serendipity's Photo Album
Serendipity's Fairy
Serendipity has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Unhappy

I joined the forums because now that Pixie Hollow is closing, I need to keep in touch with my fairy friends. I e-mailed their support about this and this is the reply I got:

"Thank you for your email!

Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow will be closing on September 19, 2013.

All Pixies can log into Pixie Hollow and enjoy full unlimited access for free, from now until September 19, 2013!

To learn more about the Pixie Hollow closing, click here. (http://disney.go.com/fairies/pixie-hollow/closing/)

For further details and questions on billing, please visit the Pixie Hollow Closing FAQs here. (http://blog.pixiehollow.go.com/blog/help)

Continue to check out all of the exciting games and activities currently available at the official Disney Fairies website (http://fairies.disney.com/?cmp=ELP|f...synergyFran|||), including the brand-new Pixie Party Couture fashion game! (http://fairies.disney.com/games-acti...synergyFran|||)

Please note, any future emails to [email protected] will not receive a reply. Thank you again for your enthusiasm and loyal support for Pixie Hollow. You are truly flaptastic

Fly with you,
The Pixie Hollow Team"

We need to do something about this, guys. Please sign the petition. Tweet them. Whatever it takes. Pixie Hollow is a part of us, and it's cruel to suddenly take it away.

I've been spamming [email protected]. I'd advise you to do the same, that way they might actually read it.

Last edited by _Stormy_; 08-21-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Merged double posts
Old 08-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Hollybell View Post
Guys on the profile thing, it says new backgrounds in 90 days! And I count on the calendar 90 days and it is November 17. Does that mean there will be new Hollow on November 17? Just wondering...
HOPE!!!!!
No, I think they resetted the membership's so everyone got them, hence the 90 days thing. I am sorry!

And it really hit me too, when I saw the stuff for winter. I was like these aren't old gifts, they were planning for this winter, and I loved the cut little hats they are selling. That was what was really sad for me

Last edited by bayberry bubbleweather; 08-21-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Is a Pixie
View melandnate25's Photo Album
melandnate25's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Memory Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Lucky
melandnate25 is a Fast Flyermelandnate25 is a Fast Flyermelandnate25 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
I hope you are right. Ph Has been a part of my life for so long. It was my way of escaping the real world. I don't know what I am going to do now. I loved dressing up my fairies and their homes. I had a fairy for each talent. Three accounts. I am truly going to miss them.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Here we are again
View The Rosey Trio's Photo Album
The Rosey Trio's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Torn
The Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the Queen
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Um, virus? My mom wanted to know if that effected the players too. I ran a scan on my Toontown, and it said that there where none. But, I just wanted to make sure... Or maybe if it did, Pixie Hollow and other games wouldn't be open for a month, lol...
Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 PM
(/ ● ◡<)/ ★ミ
View Cutesky's Photo Album
Cutesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
 May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Ethereal
Cutesky is a wiz at Fairy TagCutesky is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker406TWO View Post
Click here to sign a petition. Lets try to get to 1000 signatures!
Thank you for the link! Are there any more petitions like these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Hollybell View Post
Found the link to contact Disney from the Official Site. COME ON, EVERY PIXIE! LETS SPAM THEM INTO GIVING US PH BACK!! WOO!!

http://disney.go.com/guestservices/contact
Thx so much Jenny, they didn't have a link to the never council.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Is a Pixie
View lila glitterwill's Photo Album
lila glitterwill's Fairy
lila glitterwill is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
My letter to Disney

I am so upset right now, I cried myself out yesterday, and now I'm just numb, pixie hollow is/was such an immersive online world. I met some of my best friends on this site, when I would play snowy lullaby my cat would curl up next to me and go to sleep, I always loved to buy the pretty clothes that I could never afford IRL, and as someone with anxiety disorder and OCD, the game offered me a much needed escape into a fantasy world where everything is wonderful, I just can't believe how everything changed over night, they just added a spa and butterflies, why close now? I'm sure they're making plenty of money, I think at least 60-70% of pixie hollow are members, my heart broke collecting the farewell badge and going on the never unicorn quest, and my heart breaks for any fairy who has just arrived, I hope one day we will see pixie hollow again, I wrote a letter to disney if any of you want to read it:

Hello my name is Lila Glitterwill and I am a fairy on pixie hollow, as someone whose injuries has left them homebound, pixie hollow was my escape and my happiness, it's so easy for corporate people who are out of touch with real feelings to say, "oh big deal it's just a game." It's so much more than that, it's a world that used to only exist in the imagination, come to life, isn't that was disney stands for? More to the point why out of all these games is club penguin allowed to exist? It's not a fantasy world it's just one long ad for your movies and products, in fact, that's an apt metaphor for what disney has become, a place more focused on money and ads then magic and dreams. I for one, think Walt would be very dissapointed in what this company has become. I was always a lover of disney movies and products I have all the designer dolls the animator dolls and movies, but I refuse to spend a dime on any digital media that disney puts out including club penguin, mobile apps, and the much lauded Disney Infinity, and many of my fellow fairies are with me, so not only have you taken away our place to dream you have simutaineously alienated a huge portion of your market share, just with the members of pixie hollow alone, not to mention, the two other games that have been axed by this ill-conceived decision, as a company you need to seriously reevaluate who makes your decisions, pushing back the pirate fairy to release planes (have you checked rotten tomatoes? How did that work out for ya?) It's so sad to see a company that use to stand for so much magic and dreams, turn in to the ugliest kind of corporate machine

I hope you will realize what a gross error in judgment you have made and rectify the situation, As the fairies say we must have faith and trust and I hope we can regain our pixie dust, for us as members and for you as a company.

Sincerely,
Lila Glitterwill

There is just no words to describe my grief, Lila Glitterwill, will always be a part of me and I will miss exploring that world with her I just don't know what to do with myself anymore
Old 08-21-2013, 08:30 PM
KTPHPA xoxo
View XRoseyGirlX's Photo Album
XRoseyGirlX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Quiet
XRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
There's still hope

Kit responded with more info with a link, I do not and WILL NOT believe Pixie Hollow is closing for good! In my post below you read "At this time" and they will still be working on the Disney Fairies website. Sending much love and many hugs! Always keep believing in fairies!!!
*"Why is Pixie Hollow closing?
Disney Interactive is committed to offering high-quality, entertaining play experiences in both online virtual worlds and mobile apps. At this time, we are shifting our development focus towards other online and mobile play experiences, such as the Disney Fairies website and a growing selection of Disney Mobile apps. We deeply appreciate your enthusiasm and loyal support for Pixie Hollow and sincerely hope you will continue to enjoy the large variety of online and mobile play experiences Disney offers, and will bring you soon!"
Rosey XOXO
Old 08-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Nyra/Jeanie/Vicki
View nyra's Photo Album
nyra's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 1

nyra has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
"Fly with you later"

Hi all!

I know pixie hollow will close, but did you all notice something at the pic below that they put in the pixie hollow front page?

I think they will create the game in a different plataform. Because pixie hollow was a flash game, and flash is going bad, with many bugs and problems. Maybe they will create the game later in another plataform ... who knows!?

It's sad that pixie hollow is closing. Ph is a unique game, we can't replace it. Maybe they are looking (or doing) for something better.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I thought that "Fly with you later" was a common fairy saying for "Goodbye"...
...sorry to rain on your parade.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Nyra/Jeanie/Vicki
View nyra's Photo Album
nyra's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 1

nyra has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Yes, it's a "Goodbye PixieHollow" because will take time for them to create another game. And if they will really create another fairy game. We doesn't know.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 PM
The Quenchiest
View CactusJuicy's Photo Album
CactusJuicy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Asleep
CactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Yeah, although it sort of implies "see you again", I think it is really more of a goodbye.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rosey Trio View Post
Um, virus? My mom wanted to know if that effected the players too. I ran a scan on my Toontown, and it said that there where none. But, I just wanted to make sure...
I don't think it was a virus. The Flash program that makes up everything in Pixie Hollow is "dead" now, since every electronic (or pretty much everything new, or going to be released) will no longer support Flash. Even if Disney would have kept it open, it would have been a matter of time until most of the electronics would have no way to access the Hollow.

... Oh wow... I never thought about it that way...
(C'mon, Disney! Get on the HTML5 bandwagon, and FIX OUR HOLLOW! Tinker Bell would be so proud if you did.)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Is a Pixie
View Serendipity's Photo Album
Serendipity's Fairy
Serendipity has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rosey Trio View Post
Um, virus? My mom wanted to know if that effected the players too. I ran a scan on my Toontown, and it said that there where none. But, I just wanted to make sure... Or maybe if it did, Pixie Hollow and other games wouldn't be open for a month, lol...
"Kit says:
Hi Coconut. There is no virus in Pixie Hollow. For more information about why we're closing, please visit our FAQs. Thanks!

I don't think there's a virus.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Save Pixie Hollow!
View FairyJulie's Photo Album
FairyJulie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Sad
FairyJulie is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Everybody needs to sign this list of protests:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/257/5...isney-mmorpgs/

According to some, Disney will consider keeping Pixie Hollow if the petition gets 5000 signatures. We can do this!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
I signed the petition!