PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors

Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors Discussions about your ideas or possible changes for Pixie Hollow go here!

Old Pixie Hollow Private Server

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:08 AM
Pixie Forever
View PenelopeRaindrop's Photo Album
PenelopeRaindrop's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Participant's Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: Rainbow
PenelopeRaindrop has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Rainbow Pixie Hollow Private Server

Hi pixies!

Lately Toontown private servers have come to life.Toontown Rewritten which is in the process of beta . Toontown House which will probably release today.Also POTCO got his own private server as well its Pirates Online Rewritten.

I think we have to try and find a team to make us a private server.Truly I think we are discriminated ... I saw someone post on mmo central forums ...
Farewell TT and POTCO ... and PH even though it was a poor child game without many players.
I don't even know how to do this. I just want to play this game again!

Do any of you know someone who knows programming.Maybe we can ask some of the teams that recreated tt and potco ,after they finish theyre jobs there , to make us a private server
Old 05-11-2014, 07:39 AM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Listen, Penelope, I think its time for you to move on from PH. A lot of us have accepted the fact that it may not return and we did try everything. We emailed game designers, we emailed Disney Interactive and f.y.i., we did email TTR about opening a private server for PH, they said no. We can't do more than what we already did, its over. I'm not trying to sound negative but its been almost 8 months since the closing... don't you think its time to let go and move on already? Plus we have the forums to keep us strong! We can still talk to other pixies, just not on the game. I think that's better than nothing! So I'm telling you this because everyone has already accepted the fact and moved on with their lives, and that's the best option right now. We're putting PH to good rest after 6 good years, and its about time that you did too.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Stella Suspeck
View 56GreyJars's Photo Album
56GreyJars's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Splashing
56GreyJars has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
To be honest, I don't know what to think about this idea. From my experience with other private servers from other games, they don't last long. The makers of it aren't making a profit and therefore when they get tired of maintaining it they either shut it down (sometimes even without warning), or they leave it be without maintenance where floods of bugs, glitches, and hackers would completely eat it up. But all private servers are different; maybe the PH one (if we get one) will have better luck. I just doubt it will run longer than the Disney PH, but it would be wonderful if it did. On the brighter side of things, I think having a PH private server would be lovely. Amber, I understand your point and that moving on is the best, and I agree with that; I think the majority of us have, and having a private server would just be a fun little thing to do, not necessarily a new home. Also, I fear that if we do make a private server, we shouldn't invest all our time, hard work and effort into it. I did that with the last private server I did and it was gone in a flash. But if we're really serious about the idea of making a private server, I support it, as you all are aware that it could be gone really quickly. (not to sound negative or anything, just realistic)
Old 05-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Derp.
View Figfig's Photo Album
Figfig's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Cheerful
Figfig has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Animal Talent
I agree with everything you both have said...but I'm feeling cynical in this area. I think Amber is right; it won't live long, and even if it did stick it out for a longer time than we expected, I'm afraid, especially if it proved to be a quality private server with lots of similarities to our PH, that if it closed, or bugged out, or anything, we would just be upset all over again! If we hit it off lucky though, perhaps the few of us would play it only to realize that it's simply not the same as it was before. For me personally, it wouldn't feel the same without Chloe, Mia, Izzy, and even Violet. Even if they were all there-- yes, even then, would I feel maybe just a bit grown out of Pixie?

I don't know. These are just my thoughts. Maybe I'm looking at this prospect through my own eyes and not the eyes of others...still, this is my opinion, whether it's of any significance or not.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I've already pretty much moved on and am letting the thought rest for a while.
Penelope, I am suggesting you do the same, because if we did have a private server, it might not last long, as pretty much everyone else had said.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Is a Pixie
View vidia3886's Photo Album
vidia3886's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Word Search Winners Award Spring 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Happy
vidia3886 is a talented Fairyvidia3886 is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent
As much as I hate to admit it, everyone is right. We need to move on...at least for a while...maybe until the anniversary of the closing or something...

I'm having trouble moving on myself, but if I don't think about it, I don't remind myself of the pain of PH closing.

How do I move on? I try to not do anything PH related - which means none of the movies, no books, music...or anything like that. I try to void myself of those things, that way I won't get choked up and think "Hey, maybe we could create our own Pixie Hollow!" And, no, I'm not trying to mock you Penelope, or anyone with the same thought.

I just think we all need to move on. But stay on the forum of course, to keep in contact with friends.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:30 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeRaindrop View Post
Hi pixies!

Lately Toontown private servers have come to life.Toontown Rewritten which is in the process of beta . Toontown House which will probably release today.Also POTCO got his own private server as well its Pirates Online Rewritten.

I think we have to try and find a team to make us a private server.Truly I think we are discriminated ... I saw someone post on mmo central forums ...
Farewell TT and POTCO ... and PH even though it was a poor child game without many players.
I don't even know how to do this. I just want to play this game again!

Do any of you know someone who knows programming.Maybe we can ask some of the teams that recreated tt and potco ,after they finish theyre jobs there , to make us a private server
I email the TTN rewritten people asking if they are opening the other closed games :O
UNLESS THERE making PH rewrtitten :/ But like you guys said it wont last long..
An I have moved on so im not planning to get my hopes up.. Its time to move on its for the best of us.. U can't hang onto the past forever but you can't
forget the memories we must pass on bc PH will always be in our hearts. It's time to end something we have struggled with and will miss but to start a new beginning for all of us.
*slithers off to watch tv*

Last edited by Silver LightflowerPH; 05-11-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
View Lila Starshine's Photo Album
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Magical
Lila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Unlike most everyone I will be holding out hope that Disney will reopen Pixie Hollow, or something revamped from it, in the future. I don't think a private server would be as good, for many of the reasons mentioned above. I want updates! New items! Events for the movies! New events for seasons! It would be difficult for a private server to fulfill that wishlist.

But I haven't given up hope yet on an official future game I don't like any other games, so I'm hoping Disney will make one that I like and take my $$ again.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rose Starbloom's Photo Album
Rose Starbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Pixieish
Rose Starbloom is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAmberXOX View Post
Listen, Penelope, I think its time for you to move on from PH. A lot of us have accepted the fact that it may not return and we did try everything. We emailed game designers, we emailed Disney Interactive and f.y.i., we did email TTR about opening a private server for PH, they said no. We can't do more than what we already did, its over. I'm not trying to sound negative but its been almost 8 months since the closing... don't you think its time to let go and move on already? Plus we have the forums to keep us strong! We can still talk to other pixies, just not on the game. I think that's better than nothing! So I'm telling you this because everyone has already accepted the fact and moved on with their lives, and that's the best option right now. We're putting PH to good rest after 6 good years, and its about time that you did too.

No!!!!! We Have not moved on! I stay forever with my Pixies.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56GreyJars View Post
Also, I fear that if we do make a private server, we shouldn't invest all our time, hard work and effort into it. I did that with the last private server I did and it was gone in a flash. But if we're really serious about the idea of making a private server, I support it, as you all are aware that it could be gone really quickly. (not to sound negative or anything, just realistic)
Out of curiosity, if someone was interested in making a Pixie Hollow private server or something very similar and had no previous experience or knowledge of programming, where would they begin? What would they need to know or learn?
Old 05-16-2014, 09:28 PM
BK
View Dawn Daisydew's Photo Album
Dawn Daisydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Summer Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Bored
Dawn Daisydew has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbelle View Post
Out of curiosity, if someone was interested in making a Pixie Hollow private server or something very similar and had no previous experience or knowledge of programming, where would they begin? What would they need to know or learn?
They would need to know to stay away from Disney infringement which covers anything that even looks like a Pixie. You risk unleashing Disney lawyers as their property is THEIR property. Only Disney can bring back Pixie Hollow no one else or they could be in serious trouble. Don't you understand you are playing with fire.... the Hollow is gone let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56GreyJars View Post
To be honest, I don't know what to think about this idea. From my experience with other private servers from other games, they don't last long. The makers of it aren't making a profit and therefore when they get tired of maintaining it they either shut it down (sometimes even without warning), or they leave it be without maintenance where floods of bugs, glitches, and hackers would completely eat it up. But all private servers are different; maybe the PH one (if we get one) will have better luck. I just doubt it will run longer than the Disney PH, but it would be wonderful if it did. On the brighter side of things, I think having a PH private server would be lovely. Amber, I understand your point and that moving on is the best, and I agree with that; I think the majority of us have, and having a private server would just be a fun little thing to do, not necessarily a new home. Also, I fear that if we do make a private server, we shouldn't invest all our time, hard work and effort into it. I did that with the last private server I did and it was gone in a flash. But if we're really serious about the idea of making a private server, I support it, as you all are aware that it could be gone really quickly. (not to sound negative or anything, just realistic)
Who has a private server powerful enough to run Pixie Hollow and why would they do this with out money. Disney (with its deep pockets) is out so why would anyone else try. A private server wouldn't even be able to run a quarter of the old Hollow that's how big a job it was.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 05-17-2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: merged posts
Old 05-16-2014, 09:44 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Daisydew View Post
They would need to know to stay away from Disney infringement which covers anything that even looks like a Pixie. You risk unleashing Disney lawyers as their property is THEIR property. Only Disney can bring back Pixie Hollow no one else or they could be in serious trouble. Don't you understand you are playing with fire.... the Hollow is gone let it be.
Thank you for your opinion, Dawn, but if you read my post you'll see that's not what I was asking for.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:52 PM
BK
View Dawn Daisydew's Photo Album
Dawn Daisydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Summer Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Bored
Dawn Daisydew has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Quote:
Thank you for your opinion, Dawn, but if you read my post you'll see that's not what I was asking for.
Messing in Disney's business without their permission is asking for a world of trouble that is what I am trying to convey.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Daisydew View Post

Messing in Disney's business without their permission is asking for a world of trouble.
I totally agree.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
I'm not 100% certain, but a SWF file maker could be used such as Adobe Flash (are there any other programs out there?), which uses Actionscript code language. Javascript and HTML are also useful programming languages.

As much as I have understood about Flash so far, Pixie Hollow Online must have been extensively coded, as there was no one SWF file available on the page, but rather each animation within the game was imported onto the gaming screen through code. It would be a huge amount of work just to re-create the original game, without even talking about new updates. As someone had mentioned in another thread, PH didn't have any files to download (unlike Toontown), so it would take much longer to re-create.

In the mean time, it would be very helpful if some fairies would be interested in learning Actionscript, as I could definitely use more helping hands with collecting wardrobe items. Whether or not a private server will be made in the future, at least we can have a collection of outfits to keep. Plus, the items are all stored in a safe place, so if anyone will ever wish to expand the game, the items will already be available. In terms of copyright issues, I don't see how it would matter if the game is not intending to make a profit, but I would have no clue as to how the law of copyright works for retired online games.

At least the Disney Fairies franchise is still available; who knows, maybe they might release something fairy-related in the future?

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki

Last edited by Onionleaf; 05-17-2014 at 09:45 AM.