PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Tips for Animal Derby

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 AM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Tips for Animal Derby

This is a guide with everything you need to know about Animal Derby!

THE ANIMALS.

Turtle

Is very slow. It has a
slow start, but not as
slow as a Rabbit's start.
Fairies find themselves
using the Turtle and winning.
The Turtle is very easy
to play with though.
But if you race with it you
sacrifice fastness for easiness.

Snow Weasel

Is slightly fast, has a
wonderful start. He ducks
great and he is very quick
when at it. He floats across
the pond quickly. He is slow
in the mud. And he doesn't
do well when jumping. He also
recovers from a power-up
amazingly fast!

Mouse

Is small, a little faster
than a Turtle. It is hard too
cross the lake with the Mouse though.
I see fairies having trouble crossing.
The Mouse is good for Ducking and
Jumping obstacles.

Rabbit

Is easy to control
not best at Ducking, but great for Jumping,
it's really fast and it works great in the mud.
also it floats across the puddle easily.
It doesn't do good in power ups though,
and it has a REALLY slow start.
slower than the Turtle.
But gains speed later in the game.
It gains speed quickly.

Squirrel

Is probably the best. It has the
best start and it goes fast.
Almost as fast as the rabbit.
It is easy to control. Does well
in Power-Ups.

When your choosing your animal there is a timer above that says how long you have to confirm your choice. You have 60 second to choose. When time is up and you have not yet chosen an Animal you will automatically be set to race with the Turtle.

Members can race with each of the Animals for free. Both, Member or Free-Player can all race with the Turtle, but they both have the option too race with the others. A Free Player can race with a Member Animal but must pay 1 Pixie Diamond in return to race with a Member's animal.

WHEN AND WHEN NOT TO USE POWER-UPS

Turbo Boost

Save it up, it's important you do because you will need it. I was one time racing and I had a Turbo Boost, I was at the end right next to the other person and I felt confident I would win. I used my Power-Up but the person next to me used the Bee Power-Up on me. If I still had my Turbo Boost I could past them. Save up your Turbo Boost! don't use them right away. When your being attacked by a Power-Up: Thistles, Bees, Tornado, Freeze you can't use a Turbo boost. Like, you would have to wait for the bees to fly off you to use a Turbo Boost. So wait for the Power-Up to be done.

Thistles and Bees

Be careful when you use these.
Don't use bees on someone when there about to cross the pond, the Bees only affect people on land. None of the Power-Ups: Tornado Bees don't affect a person when there crossing the lake. By the time the person reaches the land, the bees will be gone, cause they flew off at the end of the lake.

Thistles are good to use on someone when crossing the Mud, it's hard to gain speed after being struck by a Thistle. Great to use at the end to steal last place!

I was one time in the mud and I was right next to the player in first place, I saw someone used Thistles and it was heading to the girl in First place. I tried not to get ahead cause they would hit me if I got in first. After the thistles struck her I took first.

Note: If your in first place and the next person is right next to you do not use a Bee or Thistle to slow them down. Thistle's and Bees ALWAYS go for the person in first place.

NIGHTSPARKLES TIP:
(Nightsparkles tip!)

When racing against more than one player, my trick is when you're crossing the mud, use that opportunity to make sure that you're /not/ in first place. Because if you're in first place, you're gonna get hit by all the power-ups. Try to get close behind first. (Sometimes the person in front of you then misses a duck. Just miss it too.)

Also, if you get a speed option in the power-up before the mud, don't use it just yet! Save it! Save it all the way til near the very end. Doing these things has helped me come in first many times.

OBSTACLES

Mud

On the Rabbit use the Turbo Boost before the Mud. It will let you pass through it easier. When at the Mud, try to click as fast as you can, on any Animal you can gain lots of speed ( Turtles don't do well on it though ).

Puddle ( Lake )

When your about to cross the lake be sure to keep clicking to float across on a Lily Pad. If you do get a Lily Pad you won't have to click again. If you miss the Lily Pad you have too click to make your animal swims through the water. If you do get a Lily pad, it's the perfect time to rest. Rest your hand off clicking and you will be able to relax for a few seconds. Be sure to begin playing again when back on land.

WHAT WILL SLOW YOU DOWN

Try not to talk to another play when your playing Animal derby. You can't type and talk at the same time. When you need to click to Duck or Jump you might miss it when your talking.

That's all!
I will edit this list to add more things and to make it much better. I hope it is useful. Also you can share your own tips, I might add them to this thread. One more thing.

A Secret Code!

When the fairy Coliseum was opened to all players, a new Secret code came out. So I thought I'd share it with you! Both, Fairies or Sparrow Man can redeem the code for a free Animal Derby Racing item.

Code:
Derby

Last edited by Cornflower; 01-19-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Thank you so much! Animal Derby is my worst game and these tips will definitely come in handy.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Goodbye Pixie Hollow :(
View pink_guavas's Photo Album
pink_guavas's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Userpage Donation Award Pixie Resolution Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Make A Wish Award Thankful Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: BusyBee
pink_guavas has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Thanks for these great tips Cornflower!
I wouldn't say animal derby Is the worst game on Pixie Hollow!
I guess everyone has their own opinions but I think Animal derby is quite fun myself!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 PM
~Start a Chain Reaction~
View Nightsparkle's Photo Album
Nightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Pixie Resolution Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Dreamy
Nightsparkle is a talented FairyNightsparkle is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Good advice miss!

When racing against more than one player, my trick is when you're crossing the mud, use that opportunity to make sure that you're /not/ in first place. Because if you're in first place, you're gonna get hit by all the power-ups. Try to get close behind first. (Sometimes the person in front of you then misses a duck. Just miss it too.)

Also, if you get a speed option in the power-up before the mud, don't use it just yet! Save it! Save it all the way til near the very end. Doing these things has helped me come in first many times.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I am going to add the Snow Weasel section now! I should of edited it a while ago when he came out . Also, if you have any tips of your own you may post them here if you wish!

Last edited by Cornflower; 01-19-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:49 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
I have a few tips...

I like to use a rabbit when I'm racing. With a rabbit, he starts slow, but becomes the fastest when it gains enough speed!

Also, when I get a turbo boost from the first power-up, I only use it when i'm about to get another power-up. The next power-up comes up after the first obstacle after the lake. (Usually.)
If you get a bee, and your in first... Remember, do NOT use it!

As you said cornflower, I always use the Turbo boost before I get to the mud, since the bunny isn't the best at that.

My last tip is - If you get a freeze, don't use it yet! Wait until you are in first to use it, It helps you get ahead.

Lily Snowfleck

----------------------

Last edited by Lily Snowfleck; 07-28-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Fly with you!
View Tiramisu's Photo Album
Tiramisu's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day New Years Eve 2016 PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Fairy Feast Award Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: LiveChat
Tiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
This is a really helpful guide! Thanks so much for posting it! So many
details and everything explained very well. I end up picking whatever
animal is cutest. lol