PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Differences: Movie & Books

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Has Animal Talent
View texastinkerbelle's Photo Album
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Curmudgeon
texastinkerbelle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
Differences: Movie & Books

Differences between this film and the Disney Fairies series

* All the fairies live on their own in this film. In the books, all but Vidia lived in the Home Tree.
* Tinker Bell is referred to as a "tinker fairy" in the film; in the books she is known as a "pots-and-pans" talent fairy.
* In the film, fairy dust comes from the Pixie Dust Tree. In the books Mother Dove's molted feathers were ground to make dust.
* Mother Dove, who is a very important character in the books, is not mentioned in the film.
* The talents of the fairies are portrayed differently in the film than in the books. For example, in the books the garden talents tended their own garden and fast-flying talents simply flew fast, whereas in the movie garden talents paint flowers and fast-flyers can make mini-tornandos from the wind.
* Queen Clarion's appearance is vastly different from her look in the books.
* Queen Clarion is always referred by her full name; in the books, she is frequently known as Queen Ree.
* In the film, the fairies visit the mainland. In the books, the fairies never leave Neverland, and think of humans as foolish Clumsies.
* All four seasons exist in Pixie Hollow at once in the film. In the books, Pixie Hollow only has two seasons: spring and summer.
* Clank once calls Tinker Bell "Miss Bell" and she doesn't do anything. In Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, Prilla accidentally calls Tinker Bell "Miss Bell" and Tink appears quite shocked.
* In the film, there is an elaborate talent-discovering ceremony once a fairy arrives, whereby the fairy can attempt to select a talent (by choosing its avitar). In the books, all fairies (except Prilla) simply know their talent once they arrive.
* Rosetta looks different than in the books.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM
IgoBacktoDecember<3
View Chloe_Flutterbug's Photo Album
Chloe_Flutterbug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Autumn 2010 Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Balanced
Chloe_Flutterbug has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
i noticed all this too. its quite annoying. in the movie when everyone called tink "miss bell" i was shocked. b/c she doesn't like that. its too proper. and how did she go from a pots-and-pans fairy to a tinker? in the books there's a talent for everything. like napkin-folding fairies. flour making fairies. polishing fairies. if it can be done there's a fairy talent for it. and why aren't other fairies seen in the movie. like rani, bess, lily, and prilla??????? why leave them out?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Has Animal Talent
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe_Flutterbug View Post
i noticed all this too. its quite annoying. in the movie when everyone called tink "miss bell" i was shocked. b/c she doesn't like that. its too proper. and how did she go from a pots-and-pans fairy to a tinker? in the books there's a talent for everything. like napkin-folding fairies. flour making fairies. polishing fairies. if it can be done there's a fairy talent for it. and why aren't other fairies seen in the movie. like rani, bess, lily, and prilla??????? why leave them out?

I know, ALL the Fairies we were Originally introduced to, have just gone away.
Rani Water Talent, Now it is Silvermist.
Beck Animal Talent, Now it is Fawn.
Fira Light Talent, Now Iridessa.
Lily Garden Talent, Now Rosetta.

I just loved all the different Talents.
Great, New Fairies but dont drop the others of the end of Neverland.
Guess we will have Book Fairies & Movie Fairies.

Bottom line is most likely.....New Fairies =New Toys = More $$$

Oh well just makes My Vidia, Dulcie, Bess & Other rarely seen Fairies more Valuable.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
~Merry Christmas~
View Dawn Starsong's Photo Album
Dawn Starsong's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Creative Holiday Writer's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Gaming
Dawn Starsong has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe_Flutterbug View Post
and why aren't other fairies seen in the movie. like rani, bess, lily, and prilla??????? why leave them out?
Well there are supposed to be 3 more Tinkerbell movies coming out I heard...so I wonder if they will be putting other characters from the books into them? Maybe they just didn't want to give to many characters to learn about at once. That would probably overwhelm the viewer...especially since the viewer is meant to be kids =P

To LAZY to change my sig!
Neverray's Home Neverbee's Home
Old 01-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Founding Fairy
View MissMe's Photo Album
MissMe's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Winter Solstice Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award 2010 Holiday Award Autumn 2010 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Costume Designer Award Halloween '09 Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Sad
MissMe has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Mother Dove comes later to the Never Fairies. There was no Home Tree, in its place was the Pixie Dust Tree. That is the tree we saw when you could only do the tour or the Tree in the Movie. This was when Pixie Hollow was a seperate place from Never Land and to get to it you had to fly through a secret portal behind a water fall. There was a battle and the Pixie Dust Tree was destroyed. Pixie Hollow began to disappear because it had no dust, so there was no magic. The Fairies feared for their existence.....and then they found Mother Dove. She taught the Fairies a new to make Pixie Dust by grinding her magical feathers down that she molted each year. And a little side note to this story is that its Mother Doves egg that holds the secret to all Never Land. She sits on it and keeps it from harm because as long as the egg is healthy and whole no creature in Never Land will ever grow old. So the books are after the battle and fire, and the movie takes place when Pixie Hollow was still a great Kingdom that reached far and wide. Where the fairies were safe to have their homes all over Pixie Hollow. I got all this info from the book In the Realm of the Never Fairies. Its my favorite!! So the movie isn't really differant but rather another time. I have no idea about why they added or replaced, whichever it was, other fairies. I do remember when the movie was coming out the first time around it seemed that the previews were FAR differant from the movie I own. It was not at all what I exspected from the first previews. But I thought it was super cute! I miss the other characters though. Fira is my favorite fairy. I am excited for the next movies=]

Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Daring
Puck has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Yes. it really does irritate me they situated the movie BEFORE the books, or even before Peter Pan without LINKING them! It confuses the heck out of the book-readers. I heard the movie was originally supposed to be located in Kensington Gardens when Peter Pan grew up and was supposed to be how Pixie Hollow was moved to Neverland from London.

It really made me mad that they changed it.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Is a Fairy
View coriander's Photo Album
coriander's Fairy
My Mood: Fiesty
coriander has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Sun

I've just started delving into the books, but by far "Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg" has been my favorite, and I hope that they will someday incorporate Mother Dove into the Pixie Hollow game. Do you think they will ever bring more book elements into the game? The addition of Dulcie gives me hope that they might.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Arizona on my mind...
View Bug's Photo Album
Bug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 107

My Mood: Purrfect
Bug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Question Movie Fairies VS Book Fairies???

Hi Everyone,I don't get why D made new fairies to be in the Tink movie & excluded the books, copyright maybe. It would be nice if they could incorporate Rani, Fira Etc... into Pixie Hollow game, toys etc. Just a thought, please share yours on this subject...
Old 02-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Collector
View Ali_Lenora's Photo Album
Ali_Lenora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Spring 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award 

My Mood: Bored
Ali_Lenora is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Innocent I agree.

I was thinking the same thing, I dont really understand why they did it, I like the movie fairies but, the book ones were.........origanal they were the first disney fairies, right? well why not put them in pixiehollowonline/tinkerbell the movie........at least a little ????? dont know.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:51 AM
Pixie Dusting Mom
View Isabel Seamist's Photo Album
Isabel Seamist's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pixieish
Isabel Seamist has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
I totally agree!! I was actually wondering why they weren't even in the movie. But I still loved it regardless....Maybe the next one, because they are supposed to be making another! It would be nice to see them in the Hollow though.

Isabel Seamist.........
Old 02-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Collector
View Ali_Lenora's Photo Album
Ali_Lenora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Spring 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award 

My Mood: Bored
Ali_Lenora is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
at least put some of the book fairies in the second movie maybe?!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 

Confused

Well, the fact of it is, ladies, that the movie took place before the books, before Tinkerbell had even met Peter Pan. This was before Mother Dove even existed as a sentient being. At the time of the Pixie Dust tree, she was nothing more than a normal dove.

From what I gather, the others from the movie were probably there before the pixies from the book. For example, it said Rani got a seashell from Silvermist as an Arrival Day present, so I believe it's safe to assume Rani came to Neverland after.

It would have been nice if they incorperated the other pixies. *sigh*

Last edited by TopazR; 04-06-2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: font color
Old 04-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Has Animal Talent
texastinkerbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil LadyBug View Post
Hi Everyone,I don't get why D made new fairies to be in the Tink movie & excluded the books, copyright maybe. It would be nice if they could incorporate Rani, Fira Etc... into Pixie Hollow game, toys etc. Just a thought, please share yours on this subject...
Rani, Fira, Lily, Beck, Bess, Dulcie, Puck & Vidia
(to name a few) have been Toys.
I have them all (including 2 of the HARD to Find Vidia Dolls)

I have been collecting the Disney Fairy Toys & Dolls
since they started them a few years ago!

I have a Guest Room that is a Fairy Room
& All the Toys & Dolls are on display.

I have the fabric but not the time yet to make
a Fairy Quilt for the room.
(Ok, enough fabric for 2 or 3 of them!)

Anyone want me to add Dolls to a album or is that just showing off?
They really are cute dolls.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 

Huh. That's interesting. I have nearly all the books, but no toys.

What? Puck? O.o You have a toy of me?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 AM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastinkerbelle View Post
Rani, Fira, Lily, Beck, Bess, Dulcie, Puck & Vidia
(to name a few) have been Toys.
I have them all (including 2 of the HARD to Find Vidia Dolls)

I have been collecting the Disney Fairy Toys & Dolls
since they started them a few years ago!

I have a Guest Room that is a Fairy Room
& All the Toys & Dolls are on display.

I have the fabric but not the time yet to make
a Fairy Quilt for the room.
(Ok, enough fabric for 2 or 3 of them!)

Anyone want me to add Dolls to a album or is that just showing off?
They really are cute dolls.

Showing off is allowed here....isn't it? There is a thread dedicated to it too, I think. I would love to see em Tex! And truth be told after that Barbie thread we had I almost got pictures of two of the barbies I have in boxes (the one's with horses) to post on here... but I resisted the temptation.

Profile Pic from Coconut. Thank You! Just Remember... I think I'm funny!