PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow

Beyond the Hollow For anything not relating to Pixie Hollow or Fairies

Old Toy Story 4

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:29 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
News Toy Story 4

Pixar released the official trailer of Toy Story 4 today.

What do you guys think? Are you excited to see it?

I'm a big fan of the Toy Story franchise so I'm excited, but also a teensy tiny bit nervous that this film might not be as good as the last three. Bo peep looks pretty different now too!

Last edited by Neverbelle; 03-19-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Couldn't figure out how to embed the video
Old 03-19-2019, 10:53 PM
just vibing
View kass101's Photo Album
kass101's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Boo!
kass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
FINALLY, Disney heard our cries to bring back the peep!
I am super excited by the concept, I love the concept that there is just a non-compliant fork who is resistant to being a toy.

Also: this teaser made me CRY

hi from Kass
signature by nightwish

Last edited by Lori; 07-04-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Embedded Video
Old 03-19-2019, 11:50 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Oh my, poor Forky! Thanks for sharing the teaser trailer!

I agree, I think it's hilarious that Disney\Pixar can create a whole movie based off of something so small as Forky.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:15 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
This became a full-on review of Toy Story 4

(beware of veeeeeeeeeery minor spoilers that I think were plot points that had already been revealed to the public before the movie came out but if you haven't seen the film yet and want to go into knowing nothing, go ahead and just avoid this post of mine)

I finally saw the movie and I really enjoyed it! I was worried it wasn't going to be as good as the last three. I didn't even think we needed another Toy Story film. Suffice to say, it exceeded my expectations. I think it's a very nice addition to the original Toy Story trilogy. It isn't the best Toy Story film, but I think it's definitely the best film Pixar has released in the past few years.

The graphics were absolutely outstanding and were hands-down the best part of the film. Almost everything looked straight out of a live action film, especially the clothes all the people were wearing. It was one hour and forty minutes of visual candy.

I think the plot was good. The direction they took Bo Peep in was a really smart and creative choice. Same could be said for Woody but after having seen Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, I was able to predict Woody's story in this film, mainly his ending (though that isn't a bad thing).
I would have loved to have seen more from the other toys like Jessie, Rex, and Hamm, but since they introduced so many new characters in this film, I understand why their roles in this film were minimized. I'm glad we got a little more Buzz Lightyear in this. I was worried he was going to be in the same position as the other toys too but I believe they handled his character pretty well.

The new characters held a lot of potential but ultimately fell a little short for me. Mainly Key and Peele as the plush toys, Ducky and Bunny. I think they are both incredibly hilarious people in real life, but in this film, it just felt and sounded like they were trying too hard to be funny. Granted, they had a couple of good moments but not enough to actually redeem their characters.

Keanu Reeves as Duke Caboom was a nice addition to the cast. I would have liked to have seen more of his character in the movie. I think he had the most intriguing personal story out of all the new characters, especially since he seemed to have had a history with Bo Peep. That definitely should have been explored more. I also think Duke's relationship with Woody would have been nice to expand on, as well as Duke's relationship with his former owner.

Gabby Gabby was a really great antagonist and was actually kind of terrifying sometimes, especially with her "henchmen" (they genuinely made me feel uncomfortable). I liked the horror movie vibe most of her scenes had. Her story was handled very well and subverted my expectations in a really good way.

Giggle McDimples didn't really add much to the story. I mean, I've only seen the film once. Maybe on a second or third viewing my opinion will change but Giggle really didn't seem to add much to the main plot. If you took her out, everything in the film would remain the same. The plot wouldn't have to change. It's a shame really. She had a lot of potential, and I always welcome another female character. They should have explored and further expanded upon her relationship with Bo and her past.

They also should have taken out Ducky and Bunny and just kept Giggles and Duke. That way we could have the development those two characters desperately needed and Giggles would finally have a reason to be in the movie and not just be... there.
Sure Buzz's sideplot would have to be tinkered a bit with Ducky and Bunny gone, but they could easily just have Buzz go with Woody to retrieve Forky and then maybe Jessie and a couple of the other toys could have their own special side plot. OR we could restructure this even more so that Jessie and Buzz both go with Woody, that way we'd get more of our OG Toy Story trio (we never really got enough of all three of them together) i.e. more Woody and Buzz, Buzz and Jessie, and Jessie and Woody relationship building. Plus we'd get to see Buzz and Bo again and see their relationship develop more (since we only got to see a little bit of it in Toy Story 2) AND, the best part, we'd get to explore Jessie and Bo's relationship which got absolutely no development since they never interacted in Toy Story 2 and Bo was gone for Toy Story 3. (Stop destroying my lady friendships, Pixar! Films about toys deserve some representation too.)

In conclusion (with some additional notes), Toy Story 4 was a solid Pixar film. It's better than most of Pixar's sequels (i.e Monsters University, Cars 2, Finding Dory) and threequels (Cars 3), but not as good as most of their other films (i.e. Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, and Inside Out to name a few). Despite lacking humour and having too many under-developed and poorly utilized new characters (and, let's face it, poorly utilized "old" characters too), Pixar's fantastic, photo-realistic animation allows you to suspend your disbelief with ease as you enjoy a heartwarming Pixar film with a quaint score that harkens back to the original Toy Story films.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:38 PM
The Kirby Fan Admin
View Gigi's Photo Album
Gigi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Author
Gigi is a talented Fairy
I watched it last week and it was a pretty fun movie! I thought I was going to think it was unnecessary but it sure wasn’t. It feels for me more of an extension of Toy Story 3 which was great!