PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old The Cursed Manor

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 AM
Busy as a bee♥
View Hazel Brightsparkle's Photo Album
Hazel Brightsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 80

My Mood: Dreaming
Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
The Cursed Manor

A hundred years ago, deep in the Forest of Cariwind in England, there lived an English aristocratic family by the name Sylvester. The Sylvesters had discovered a dark mystery that must be protected at all costs. One day their carefully guarded secret tumbled out to a family friend. That night, an evil sorceress came to their mansion, and cursed the Sylvester family to be ghosts for all of eternity unless they could figure out a way to undo what had already been done.
A hundred years later, their crumbling mansion still stands in the Cariwind Forest, undiscovered and untouched by any humans. To society, the Sylvesters vanished. Nobody knows what really happened to them.

One way or another, we discover the seemingly abandoned collapsing mansion. The ghosts won't allow us to leave until we find a way to break the curse.

Rules
-Please be courteous to one another
-Don't make it too creepy! (While this RP is a mystery one, it is not my intention to make it scary)
-You may control the Sylvester family and if you like, can be one of them (Their names and character descriptions are below)
-Follow all PHF rules
-Read others' posts before posting (you may edit if needed)
-No god modding (power playing)
-2 characters per person
-Post meaningful posts (It's okay to make something dramatic happen! That's how role plays get going!)
-Have fun!

The Sylvesters
John Sylvester: The father and head of the Sylvester family, John is a strong man who has a tendency to act out irrationally before contemplating any situation. When he was "alive", he owned a railroad company which was what made the family income. Since being cursed, John is now temperamental and is easily angered.
Violet Sylvester: The mother, Violet keeps her family and husband in line. Violet loves her family dearly, but prior to being cursed had fragile health. This causes her ghost to take sudden gasps and faint erratically. Since being cursed, Violet is has turned into a quiet and cold, heartless woman.
Liri Harriet Sylvester: The bubbliest of the family, Harriet is the oldest child (age 17) and fully enjoyed being the heiress to heaps of money. She loved parties and extravagant events, fashion and boys. All of that vanished when she became a ghost. Now she is lifeless and has a negative outlook on--well--everything.
Theodore Sylvester: Theodore, most commonly known as Theo, is the second child (age 15) and was the handsome boy any early 20th century girl would love. Of the Sylvesters, he is the one whose personality changed the least when he was cursed. Theo is arrogant, deceitful, and bitter.
Daisy Sylvester: The youngest of the Sylvesters, Daisy was a happy eight year old who loved everything. She enjoyed having her playdates with friends and keeping her mother company, and excelled musically and academically. When the curse was set upon them, Daisy became similar to her mother. She is mean and prideful now.
Attached are their appearances. From left to right: John, Violet, Daisy, Harriet, Theo. John and Harriet have pale blue eyes and light brown hair, almost a cinnamon shade. Violet and Theo have the same chocolate brown eyes with dark hair. Daisy has her father's blue eyes and her mother's dark brown hair.

Character Form
Name:
Personality:
Appearance: (You may post a picture)
Other:

Characters

My Character

Name: Chantilly Hastings (The "ch" is pronounced like "sh", and she's called Tilly by her closest friends)
Personality: Intelligent, a bit shy, observant
Appearance: Long curly dark brown hair, hazel/brown eyes, tan skin, a bit short
Other: Her wealthy parents don't really pay attention to her and she didn't have many friends at her school, so she decided to run away

Night Wish's Characters

Name: Azure Evyntine (nickname Az)
Personality: On the outside, Azure is bubbly, outgoing, social and fun-loving. However, there's a side to her that she never shows in public, a part of her that is perpetually sad, lonely and melancholy. She carries this side with her always, though nobody ever sees it.
Appearance: Tall, willowy, with long, wavy dark red hair and azure blue eyes. Usually wears a mischievous, teasing smile
Other: Her mother died a couple years ago, and her brother left home without a trace soon after. Her father is so lost in grief that he never seems to care about her anymore. Azure feels so abandoned by everyone in her life that she plans to run away with her best friend, Chantilly

Name: Ro (It's not her actual name... I'll get to that in a moment )
Personality: Independent, clever, witty, a bit mischievous. She's an orphan, so she's pretty street-smart and can take care of herself. Ro has an insatiable sense of curiosity, and a sort of fierce optimism that makes her leave her orphanage to try and find a better life elsewhere - and to find out the secrets of her past.
Appearance: Slender, petite, lightly tanned skin, wavy light brown hair and deep ocean-blue eyes. Usually wears clothes that are ripped or too big for her, because her orphanage doesn't take very good care of its charges. (Image attached)
Other: Ro was found in a town on the other side of the Cariwind Forest; she was orphaned at three years old. She doesn't remember who her parents are, where she lived, or even what her name is. Her parents left her a pendent necklace with the letter "R" strung on it. A matron on the orphanage named her "Ro" because of that, and no one bothered to give her an actual name.

Popcorn1234's Character

Name: Alice Rivens
Personality: She generally isn't that social, but can talk to people--that is, if they talk to her first. But once you get to know her, you find that whatever she's passionate about, she sort of throws herself into it, and can be willing to take risks if the situation requires it.
Appearance: Reddish hair that swings past her shoulders, shining blue-grey eyes, brown wire-rimmed glasses. She has pale skin that burns almost too easily, hence the slightly pinkish tone of it. And she loves to wear short sleeves and jeans.
Other: She loves Nancy Drew. What? We had to have at least one character in this roleplay who loves Nancy Drew!

Rainbowswirls's Characters

Name: Lucidia West (Likes to be called Lucy.)
Personality: Usually Friendly, Outgoing, Social, but sometimes, she won't want to be around anyone and just think about stuff.
Appearance: Brown straight hair that falls to her waist, blue eyes, likes wearing black and white.
Other: She's an orphan and she lives with her stepmother and older brother.

Name: Lucas West
Personality: Outgoing, Adventurous, sometimes sneaky, but when he is, no one ever catches him.
Appearance: Brown hair that's a bit messy, blueish grey eyes,usually wears hats
Other: Lives with stepmother and younger sister, he's an orphan

Blaze of Glory's Characters

Name: Cassia Willows
Personality: Friendly, cheerful, outgoing, good sense of humor, can also be too serious at times
Appearance: Windblown dark hair that's in a short bob, tanned skin, and eyes that are almost golden in color
Other: Her parents are divorced, lives with her father and older sister

Name: Vivien Willows (nickname Viv)
Appearance: Long straight reddish brown hair, same tanned skin and golden eyes as Cassia
Personality: Loud, outspoken, dramatic, a bit self-centered, but very caring and loyal. She can be inconsiderate, and becomes truly rude when she's angry or frustrated
Other: Lives with her dad and sister Cassia. She was very close to her mom, and since she left, Vivien has become irritable and resentful, causing her to snap and become her rude, inconsiderate self more often

Kenzie_Lightningripple's Character

Name: Ryeleigh Clark
Personality: Slightly anti-social, isn't very good with making friends.
Appearance: Brown hair, but it's platinum blonde at the roots. She has grey eyes that remind people of storm clouds.
Other: She has lived with her brother for as long as she can remember, so she doesn't know what happened to her parents. But her brother pretty much does the father role with her, and he protects her respectfully.

The Rosey Trio's Character

Name: Adeline
Personality: Pretty introverted, and can be kind of rude at times, but is pretty kindhearted.
Attached Images
File Type: png ChantillyRunAway.png (191.0 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg TheSylvesterFamily.jpg (55.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Hazel Brightsparkle; 11-22-2014 at 04:42 AM. Reason: updated characters
Old 06-11-2014, 04:35 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
This looks really cool Hazy! Sad I wont be able to join Can't wait to read it when I get back!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 AM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]Yay! Sounds great Hazy, can't wait to get started.
Aw, too bad you can't join Liri. It'd be way more fun with you here.

Name: Azure Evyntine (nickname Az)
Personality: On the outside, Azure is bubbly, outgoing, social and fun-loving. However, there's a side to her that she never shows in public, a part of her that is perpetually sad, lonely and melancholy. She carries this side with her always, though nobody ever sees it.
Appearance: Tall, willowy, with long, wavy dark red hair and azure blue eyes. Usually wears a mischievous, teasing smile
Other: Her mother died a couple years ago, and her brother left home without a trace soon after. Her father is so lost in grief that he never seems to care about her anymore. Azure feels so abandoned by everyone in her life that she plans to run away with her best friend, Chantilly.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Last edited by Night Wish; 11-22-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
You made the roleplay!!
Alright, I'm joining. Hopefully I can give this roleplay at least some of the care and love it deserves.

Name: Alice Rivens
Personality: She generally isn't that social, but can talk to people--that is, if they talk to her first. But once you get to know her, you find that whatever she's passionate about, she sort of throws herself into it, and can be willing to take risks if the situation requires it.
Appearance: Reddish hair that swings past her shoulders, shining blue-grey eyes, brown wire-rimmed glasses. She has pale skin that burns almost too easily, hence the slightly pinkish tone of it. And she loves to wear short sleeves and jeans.

(Just ignore the snowy background.)

Other: She loves Nancy Drew. What? We had to have at least one character in this roleplay who loves Nancy Drew!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
This RP sounds cool!

Name: Lucidia West (Likes to be called Lucy.)
Personality: Usually Friendly, Outgoing, Social, but sometimes, she won't want to be around anyone and just think about stuff.
Appearance: Brown straight hair that falls to her waist, blue eyes, likes wearing black and white.
Other: She's an orphan and she lives with her stepmother and older brother.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Busy as a bee♥
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ April Fool's 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Tooth Fairy Day 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 

Hazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy ListHazel Brightsparkle is on Tink's Buddy List
Aww, Liri you will be with us in spirit.

I love your characters, Night and Eve! (Eve, I bet Alice will love the mystery of the Sylvesters )
Welcome to the RP, Rainbow! I don't think I've RPed with you before but am excited to do so.

We will start soon, hopefully!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:32 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 

Light Talent
Haha! I will miss you all while I'm gone!!! And obviously things won't be the same without me here.... Haha! Yes, I will definitely be with you in spirit Maybe I'm secretly a Silvester ghost! Heehee!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:28 AM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 

Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Thanks Hazy! And I can't wait to start this.
Popcorn, it's perfect that your character is a Nancy Drew fan!
And sorry the pic of Azure is so big, I got frustrated because my attachments weren't loading.

That sounds like a great idea... We should totally change Harriet's name to Liri and make her a Sylvester. Then she really be with us "in spirit"! A very pessimistic and depressing spirit, but oh well!
Kidding! Have fun on your trip Liri, we'll be thinking of you.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Light Talent
Haha! Thanks Night :P I still have 10 days til I leave!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Busy as a bee♥
Awards Showcase

I will just start.

The doorbell rang. I rushed down the stairs from my room and swung the door open, not even bothering to look to see who was there. It was Azure, my best friend, and sadly my only true friend. "Hey!" We greeted each other and hugged.
"Where are your parents?" Az asked more out of assurance than curiosity. My parents were never home.
"Guess." I looked at her expectantly.
"Out to dinner with their friends?"
I nodded.
"Do they know I'm here?"
"Nope," I responded.
"Do they care?"
I shook my head and shrugged. "Come on, let's go upstairs."
The walls of my spacious room were a soft grey color, and my bedspread swirled with coral pink and bright blue vines. It had twelve decorative pillows, too many for my style of comfort. I had a window seat, and draped on either side of it were fluffy white curtains pulled aside. My nearly-always bare white desk had nothing but a couple of pencils and a pad of paper on it. My dresser and closet housed more clothes than I could wear. Every friend I'd had come over had known that I was unhappy, but they could never understand why. "You have all of this stuff!" They said to me. "How can you hate this?" But Az--Az got it. My parents spent little time with me, and even when they did it was to always see if I was excelling in school. Az was my only friend.
"So what's the plan?" Azure asked, jumping right to the point.
"Well, I have my bag packed," I pointed to my duffel I had, stuffed with everything I'd need. "So I figure we could even leave tonight."
Azure and I were going to run away together.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 PM
RPs assemble!
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Yay! Let's do this!
Phew, one final exam done, four more to go. (They only take up the morning, that's why I'm on this early). Then I'll be free!
Hazy, my post starts the day before yours takes place.

"Hey, Az! Azure!" A group of girls I know from school waved to me as I entered the coffee shop. I grinned and waved back.
The shopping bag on my arm swung from side to side. I went up to the counter and ordered a mocha latte, my favorite kind of coffee.
As I walked over to the group of girls, I passed by another girl with a swing of reddish hair and brown wire-rimmed glasses. She was sitting at a table, reading a Nancy Drew novel.
"Hey Alice," I grinned and waved at her.
"Hi Azure," Alice glanced up and smiled at me, her blue-gray eyes shining. She generally wasn't that social and didn't hang around big crowds much, but she was really nice once you got to know her.
I opened my mouth to say something, probably to comment on the fact that she was reading Nancy Drew again, but the group of girls beckoned to me again. I rolled my eyes good-naturedly and walked over.
"What's up?" I asked as I reached the girls.
"Oh my gosh, Az!" One of the girls, Natalie, held up a pair of earrings. "What do you think of these?"
"Gorgeous!" I grinned, straightening the skirt of my aqua blue minidress. "Now, what did you guys - "
Just then, my phone rang. I picked it up, my mouth dropping open in shock when I saw the number. "Excuse me, guys, I have to take this."
I slipped to a quiet corner, answering the call. "Hello, Dad," I said tonelessly.
"Azure." His voice was weary, defeated. The way it had been for the past nearly two years. I can barely remember what it was like before, when she was still around. Loud, booming, full of laughter and cheer. "You need to come home. There's something important I'd like to discuss with you."
"Of course, Dad." A knot of dread formed in the pit of my stomach. It was extremely rare for him to remember my existence, let alone call me for something important. I couldn't even recall the last time he'd done this. Heck, I wasn't even sure he knew my phone number.
I hung up, walking back to my friends. "Sorry guys, I have to go. See you all later."
I turned, walking to the door while a chorus of "Aw..." and "Bye, Az!" and "What's the hurry, girl?" sounded from behind me. I was trembling, whether from fear, dread, or hope, I didn't know.
When I got home, closing the door quietly behind me, Dad was sitting on the couch, staring off into space. His eyes were faraway, remembering some distant time.
Disappointing struck me like a crushing blow. I hadn't realized until now how much I'd hoped that the one phone call meant that things would change, that he'd actually remembered me. And cared.
"What is it, Dad?" I asked wearily.
"Azure." He sighed, not meeting my eyes. "Some... people are coming over tomorrow. To see you and see if they'd like you to live with them." He said this completely tonelessly, as if none of it mattered to him in the least.
"You're sending me away?!" The shopping bag and cup fell from my hands. Hot coffee spilled over the plush living room rug, but I didn't care.
"Please, Azure, don't make a scene. You know things have been hard for me since... Since..."
"Since she died," I said angrily, tears blurring my vision. "Even now, you can't face it, can you? Mom died, and Tristan left."
He closed his eyes, unable to face me. "Azure..."
"I'm still here, Dad," I said, my voice pleading. Desperate for him to, for once, admit that he still cared. "Doesn't that matter to you at all?"
The silence stretched on, until I couldn't stand it any longer. I spun around and ran, up the stairs to my room, where I slammed the door shut.
I fell on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. It wasn't like I didn't see it coming. I've known for a while now that losing Mom and Tristan had broken him, but I didn't think he could be so cruel.
I turned my head to the side, and saw my reflection in my full length mirror. My wavy dark red hair was tangled, and my eyes were red rimmed. But it was more than that. There was sorrow in my sky-blue eyes, a kind of sadness that never truly left me. I looked shattered, despairing, and utterly alone.
This... this was the Azure that no one ever got to see.
I got up, picked up my phone, and dialed the number I knew better than even my own. My best friend's voice answered, and the familiarity of it broke something in me.
"Okay, Chantilly," I whispered. "Let's run away."

The next day...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, I have my bag packed," Chantilly pointed to the duffel she had, stuffed with everything I'd need. "So I figure we could even leave tonight."
"Okay, sure," I said readily. I'd packed my own bag last night as well, staying up into the wee hours of the night because I couldn't sleep.
We'd planned to run away for a long time now, but I'd always been a bit unsure. I was leaving so much behind, my home, my friends, what was left of my family...
But now I could see that there was nothing left of my family. And, I realized, it'd been a long time since home had felt like home. The joy and laughter in it had died along with Mom, and any remaining family ties had left when Tristan did.
Sometimes I hated him for leaving, for giving up. Other times, I couldn't blame him.
As for my friends, Tilly was my best, truest friend. And if my father really wanted me gone, it wasn't like I had a choice. At least I'd have her with me.
"So, we're still on for going through the Cariwind Forest?" Chantilly asked. It was what we'd planned on, to be able to escape without being caught.
I nodded, and walked over to give her a hug. "Soon," I whispered. "We'll be free."

(Hope you don't mind that, Popcorn! I like including others' characters in my posts, hope you're okay with what I did there.
And Hazy, we are going through the forest in our daring escapade run-away plan, right? And that's how we'll meet the Sylvesters? )
Old 06-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Busy as a bee♥
Awards Showcase

Yep, that's the plan!

So far we only have four people.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
(I don't mind at all!)

I really... don't know why I'm here.
I was probably feeling bored. Or lonely, or something. Maybe there was this underlying feeling of guilt, that I hadn't really talked to anyone in a while... you know, outside of my family? But considering I don't have many friends, and most of the ones I do have are out of town or busy right now...
So, I guess I found myself here, in the coffee shop, drinking hot chocolate. Laugh all you want, but I've never tried coffee. Besides, hot chocolate is the best hot drink that exists. Next to tea. No, wait, its definitely better than tea...
I look up from the table, out the window next to me. Its not like its a pretty view--unless you're wowed by cars, either rusted over or extremely brand new, closely packed around the shop as they wait for their teenage owners to finish chatting with friends.
Books really make me poetic, don't they?
I turn back to my book, find my paragraph, and continue reading. I may have read The Secret of the Old Clock what feels like a million times, but I still love it. Nancy Drew's stories are still amazing, even though they were published so long ago. I guess that's part of the reason why I like them--mysteries set in the "present day" of the thirties just makes them feel authentic.

"Hey Alice."
My head pops up, and I immediately spot Azure, shopping bags in one hand, coffee in the other. She waved at me with her free hand, and I grin.
"Hi Azure," I answer. She starts to say something, but she's almost immediately cut off by the girls at the other table. She rolls her eyes jokingly, and walks over to them.
I watch her go, and sigh a little to myself. Out of all the people you might expect me to be friends with, Azure was probably not one of the ones you'd pick at a moment's notice. But we were good friends, and right now a good chat would probably do me some good...
I look toward her group of friends, chatting lightheartedly with one another as Azure walks away. I keep feeling like if I could just build up enough nerve, just enough sense to talk to them, maybe... maybe I wouldn't feel so lonely.
But at the same time, I feel like if I'd walk over there right now, it'd be like gym class all over again. Joining a pair of best friends who immediately stop talking as soon as I approach, and immediately I feel like I've just... interrupted something.

I turn back to my book. Nancy doesn't judge people like they do, at least not without good reason. If we had ever met, hopefully she'd consider me more friend than foe. Maybe, she'd even let me tag along on one of her adventures!
My eyes glass over a little bit. Just imagine, helping Nancy Drew on one of her fantastic adventures...
When I look up again, Azure is completely out of sight, and her friends had all left too. Looks like I was more out of it than I thought.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Hi guys, this looks really interesting. Do you mind if I join?

Name: Cassia Willows
Personality: Friendly, cheerful, outgoing, good sense of humor, can also be too serious at times
Appearance: Windblown dark hair that's in a short bob, tanned skin, and eyes that are almost golden in color
Other: Her parents are divorced, lives with her father and older sister
Attached Images
File Type: png Cassia.png (240.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-18-2014, 03:56 AM
Busy as a bee♥
Awards Showcase

Welcome to the RP, Glory! I just added you to the characters list.

I will try to post tomorrow!