PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Proxy Error??

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Is Back For a Few Days :)
View vetcat1234's Photo Album
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 
Total Awards: 60

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Confused Proxy Error??

I was entering a poem for Sarah just now, and when I clicked "Submit" it gave me a proxy error! I lost my whole poem. Does anyone know what causes this/why it happened?

~Cat

Sarah Ajay Oak
Credits: Avatar: Twilight Signature: Jenny. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
Proxy is a server that allows you to access the web, do you happen to be in a country out of the US and probably UK? that may have caused an interference or something, that might have happened even if you were in those two country's. I think it just means that you weren't able to connect to pixie hollow forum's server that allows you to post things. That is what i think anyway.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Is Back For a Few Days :)
View vetcat1234's Photo Album
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 
Total Awards: 60

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Oh, I'm in the U.S.A. and I was doing this on the PH site, entering for the Pixie Postings. Sorry for not being clear. Thanks though, Bayberry!

~Cat

Sarah Ajay Oak
Credits: Avatar: Twilight Signature: Jenny. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Is Reminiscing...
View McKenzieO1's Photo Album
McKenzieO1's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Reading
McKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
Cat, are you using Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser? This may be the cause of some interference.

Mozilla Firefox is a free, open source Web browser. Unlike competing products, such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, Firefox does not always rely on global Windows settings for network configuration and connectivity. While Firefox does allow users more freedom to personalize the browser, some tweaks can create conflicts with Windows settings, including proxy server conflicts.

WHAT IS A PROXY ERROR:

General Definition

Proxy errors signify that an Internet user is not allowed to visit a specific website or URL. This restriction is set by the Internet administrator of the organization or by the website/URL creator to protect private content, which is only meant to be viewed by specific people.

Cause

Proxy errors occur after you or your organization configures its main proxy ISA server to filter HTTP content based on extensions or signatures. As such, when you or any employee of the organization attempts to visit certain URLs on the Internet, the organization's main proxy server creates a proxy error message.

Fix

To avoid getting proxy error messages in the future, configure the HTTP Filter component by removing all extensions and signatures settings from the HTTP Filter settings. Change the settings to allow all extensions and signatures.

I hope this explains a little.

~Lily