PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old Create a Tailor-made Pixie Outfit Contest

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:01 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Rainbow Create a Tailor-made Pixie Outfit Contest

Have you ever wondered how pixies make their clothes?
Who picks and sews the fabrics as each season comes and goes?
For it’s not so easy as it may seem at first glance,
To design a brand new outfit… Now it is YOUR chance!

Fly with you! I hope you've come prepared with needles and tailor chalk because you'll need them!

As the title suggests, this contest is all about creating a perfect pixie outfit!
You might be a bit rusty with outfit designing (we haven't had a contest like this in a while, huh?), but that's okay!
That's why we have this contest for you so that you can practice again, and more importantly, have fun with it!

Now, since we are talking about pixie outfits, naturally (no pun intended) the focus will be not just on the look of the design but how pixie perfect it will be.
Basically, using what nature provides, what kind of outfit could a five-inch pixie design, create and wear?

And if that didn't catch your interest, we have a ton of prizes planned for the winners and participants, so read on!

Required

One Fairy or Sparrow Man outfit:

Your outfit should include a Top, a Bottom/Skirt, Shoes and at least one other accessory.
Present it as a drawing or a written description, but remember that you will get the most marks for doing both!
Hint: Other images may also aid in your explanation, for example, an image of what inspired you or an example of the material used.

Post your entry on this thread. Don't hesitate to contact one of the judges if there are any problems:
Onionleaf | Tiramisu | Twilight

(If you'd like a fairy or sparrow man template, let us know and we can whip one up for you!)

Deadline:
This is not set in stone; however, please do your best at submitting your design by the 30 November.
The judges will be busy preparing the prizes for you at around that time so try to get your entry in early!

Marking Schedule

You'll need to know what the judges will mark you on!

Practicality (10 pts): Points will be given on how practical the outfit would be for fairies or sparrow men. Would they be able to tailor the outfit and stay true to the design? This includes the type of material used, the way it sits on the silhouette, and how comfortable a pixie would feel wearing it.

Detail (10 pts): The more explanations you provide, the better! What the judges will be looking for are the little details that make your design shine; from stitches to buttons and down to the very tips of the shoes.

Originality (5 pts): Do your best to think outside the box and come up with an idea that’s very much your own. There is no harm in using something as inspiration as long as you put your own thought into the idea.

Color (5 pts): Pixies love their dyes, so don't forget to think about your color combinations!

Style (5 pts): Every type of outfit (formal, casual, costume, etc.) is beautiful in its own way. The judges will mainly be looking at how well you stick to your particular style and how well you pull it off. (It would be useful to state your intended style.)

This comes down to a total of 35 points you could potentially earn.

Remember that there are no limitations to the kind of theme you choose, what matters most is staying true to a pixie's nature-inspired look.
Your idea could relate to a season, plant, animal, meadow, event, or anything else you can think of!

Now, while your mind is whirring and ideas are beginning to form, here's the fun part!

Prizes

1st Place
A 6 month PM or Signature Subscription on PHF (or MCF).
PLUS 1 month Membership (or equivalent) for a game of your choice.
An exceptional bundle of graphics from Twi.
A pixie drawing from Tiramisu.

2nd Place
A 6 month PM or Sig Subscription on PHF (or MCF)
OR 1 month Membership (or equivalent) for a game of your choice.
A flitterific bundle of graphics from Twi.

3rd Place
A 6 month PM or Sig Subscription on PHF (or MCF).
A glowing bundle of graphics from Twi.

Note: The Membership/Subscription prizes may be transferred to a runner-up if they are not applicable to the winner.
The Membership prizes are subject to the availability of gift certificates for your chosen game.

To All Participants:
A participation badge that encompasses the theme of your design,
as well as hugs and kisses for being so supportive of the contest idea and creative with your entry!

So what are you waiting for, start your tailoring! Any questions or issues? Please ask!
We can't wait to see what you creative pixies will be able to come up with!

The Entries:

1) PixieHollowForever
2) Jenny Hollybell
3) Alyce Natalie
4) Lily Snowfleck
5) popcorn1234
6) Sapphire Sweetfeather
7) Neverbelle
8) Night Wish
9) ella roseplume
10) Blaze_of_Glory
11) Sapphira110
12) Book Thing

Click on the link below to see the Results!
http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...655#post309655

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki

Last edited by Onionleaf; 12-24-2015 at 05:21 AM. Reason: added link to results
Old 10-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Wow, this seems like a lot of fun! I'm excited to get designing!

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 10-13-2015, 11:26 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Ooh, great idea for a contest! This sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't created a fashion design in ages - seems like a good time to start again!
Good luck everyone!

Also, I love the banner for this contest! Especially the fairy sketch and the hand holding the pencil.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 10-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Sounds like fun! Good luck all.

One question - if we include a picture, do we have to draw a fairy/sparrow man model for it, or can it be just the clothes?
Old 10-18-2015, 11:49 PM
Our fairies are in our ♥s
View PixieHollowForever's Photo Album
PixieHollowForever's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Arcade Champ Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 2016 Holiday Traditions Contest PHF Winter Award 2016 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: fairyish
PixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Do we need to draw them, or can we make them on a computer? I don't have a scanner so I can't send in a hand-drawn picture.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Flitterific! I hope you'll all enjoy participating in this contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_of_Glory View Post
One question - if we include a picture, do we have to draw a fairy/sparrow man model for it, or can it be just the clothes?
A model is not necessary to show us your design; as long as we can tell what type of item each piece is (which should be pretty obvious anyway ^^), you can share it however you wish. We're not going to judge anyone on their artistic skills, the written description will be just as important - play by your strengths and share your idea with us as best as you can.
Hopefully the marking schedule gives a sense of how we will judge the entries.

Also, if you'd like it to look more like a dress than a Top and Bottom, that is completely fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieHollowForever View Post
Do we need to draw them, or can we make them on a computer? I don't have a scanner so I can't send in a hand-drawn picture.
A drawing is not compulsory, it will simply mean that you will have to write a bit more (a picture can speak a thousand words, after all). Again, the actual art won't be marked but rather the idea of the design. There is always the option to take a photo of your drawing - I don't have a scanner either but my phone's camera usually suffices when I need to transfer something to my computer.
We're here to help with any technical issues if need be.

@Night Wish: I'm glad you like the banner, Tiramisu did a great job with it.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Our fairies are in our ♥s
View PixieHollowForever's Photo Album
PixieHollowForever's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Arcade Champ Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 2016 Holiday Traditions Contest PHF Winter Award 2016 
Total Awards: 37

PixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Here is my entry:dress drawing.jpg I know it doesn't have color, I did it that way for 2 reasons. 1: some of the lines might not show up as well, and 2: I wanted to emphasize the design, and how it could be any color. The dress is made of rose petals in an overlapping design. The top of the dress has a jacket over it made out of lily petals with a heart shaped button. The headband is made of sweetgrass with any type of heart shaped leaf or petal on it. The boots (only one is in the picture) are made out of tulip petals with vines wrapped around them and little roses on the end. My overall theme is hearts, with roses being a symbol of love and hearts being my favorite shape. I tried to edit it onto my fairy but it didn't look very good. Here is the image just in case it is needed.phoebe bumbleflip drawing(kind of bad).jpg
Old 10-28-2015, 03:18 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I like it, and those boots seem good for upcoming fall and winter weather.

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks for your entry, Phoebe! I started a list of entries in the original post and you're lucky #1.
I do hope that everyone is busy thinking up fun outfit ideas (I'd probably spend quite a bit of time just brainstorming myself), us judges would love to see more.
Time flies by so quickly these days; before you know it, it will be mid-November, so try not to delay with your entries.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:45 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Wow, this looks like a super cool competition! Here is my entry, I drew it on your own fairy, Onionleaf! I'm so sorry that the image is both so large and sideways. The dress is supposed to be worn to parties, and is made of a combination of tiger lily petals, vines and meadow grass.

Spoiler for Dress:
Old 11-02-2015, 02:06 AM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
What an exciting contest... I have already started designing!
Is it okay to submit more than one entry?

This gorgeous siggy was made by Ruby! Thank you so much!
Old 11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks for your entry Jenny, the picture is absolutely fine! It's so sweet of you to let Alexia be the model, she is honored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Snowfleck View Post
What an exciting contest... I have already started designing!
Is it okay to submit more than one entry?
I'm happy to hear you're excited, Lily! We're allowing only one entry per person, but if you'd like to create more than one outfit, just let us know which one you would like us to judge and it will be entered into the contest.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:45 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
WOW, what a flitterific idea! I don't know if I'll have time to actually do this, but I'm certainly thinking about it. Really awesome idea, guys!
Old 11-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
What if you can't draw... both on a computer and paper... D:
Old 11-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbelle View Post
WOW, what a flitterific idea! I don't know if I'll have time to actually do this, but I'm certainly thinking about it. Really awesome idea, guys!
I hope you'll have the chance to participate, Neverbelle! I would feel pretty bad if someone who wanted to participate wouldn't be able to because of the deadline. If people will need some more time to think of their idea, we can definitely arrange for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa Diamondflower View Post
What if you can't draw... both on a computer and paper... D:
That's perfectly okay! We're not judging on artistic skills at all, only the actual idea. If art is really not your thing at all, I would simply recommend to provide a more detailed written description of the outfit. Providing reference images is fine as well (for example, to show us what inspired your outfit), just as long as you don't fully copy someone else's idea.