PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Stationary

Pixie Stationary Discussions about stationaries, calling cards, and other printable items.

Old Leaf Journal Idea

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
For the paper dolls we would need a basic fairy body and a sparrowman body. We really just need one. Then we can customize the hair and cloths however we want!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Spectrum

There are several skin tones, so at least four Sparrow and four Fairy bodies (so the color is at least somewhat close to the face color.)

Oh no! What about the skin color change silly sweets? There's no way to pdf those is there? And actually, I hope someone can capture the effects of all the silly sweets. (Or are they already in the DOW wiki?)

If someone is REALLY ambitious, they might want to cut out front and back hair separately. Watch this to see how the back moves separately from the front.

Stormy "Electricity Talent" Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 09-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Umm.. there are a lot of skin tones available, and some fairies are shorter than others, so I was thinking of having each fairy cut out separately. :S If I figure out a system on how to do it then I would be able to accept orders for it and hand it back as a PDF file.

There may be an obvious difference if you fit clothes from fairies of different sizes, so I can see your point of having a standard size body. But wouldn't you like a fairy model that looks just like your fairy? For example, I created Alexia to be a little taller and more slender than the default size, so if say, I collect different skin tones and crop them out, then others might not like those proportions or the clothing won't fit. However it shouldn't be too difficult to change the size of clothing items, as opposed to body shapes.

On the one hand I'd like the fairies and sparrow men to be unique, and on the other hand we have to figure out the most efficient method.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 

glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
Umm.. there are a lot of skin tones available, and some fairies are shorter than others, so I was thinking of having each fairy cut out separately. :S If I figure out a system on how to do it then I would be able to accept orders for it and hand it back as a PDF file.

There may be an obvious difference if you fit clothes from fairies of different sizes, so I can see your point of having a standard size body. But wouldn't you like a fairy model that looks just like your fairy? For example, I created Alexia to be a little taller and more slender than the default size, so if say, I collect different skin tones and crop them out, then others might not like those proportions or the clothing won't fit. However it shouldn't be too difficult to change the size of clothing items, as opposed to body shapes.

On the one hand I'd like the fairies and sparrow men to be unique, and on the other hand we have to figure out the most efficient method.
That sounds like a lot of work. Are you sure your up to the job?
Old 09-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Lightbulb Seed Sorter

I thought of an something.

Seed Sorter is based on the game of mah jong. If I take images of all the tiles and cut them out, then glue them to cheap little tiles, then I can still play 1 pattern of Seed Sorter. The tiles would have to be stored in a pouch, but the board could be an optional page in the leaf journal.

Just a thought.

Stormy
---
"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 09-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Pixieish
RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Lightbulb I don't know what the rest of you are doing...but I'm...

I'm going to make a Word Document and put on a cover page and title it Leaf Journal. River Luna Morningvalley, Water Talent. Then I'll put in the pictures of my leaf journal.

Once I'm all done, I'll print it out and laminate each page and stick some together since my printer can't print double sided.

Then I'll have my leaf journal in the flesh!

Does this sound practical?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
I thought of an something.

Seed Sorter is based on the game of mah jong. If I take images of all the tiles and cut them out, then glue them to cheap little tiles, then I can still play 1 pattern of Seed Sorter. The tiles would have to be stored in a pouch, but the board could be an optional page in the leaf journal.

Just a thought.

Stormy
---
"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!"
Thats a great idea! I want a copy of the game!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverLunaMorningvalley View Post
I'm going to make a Word Document and put on a cover page and title it Leaf Journal. River Luna Morningvalley, Water Talent. Then I'll put in the pictures of my leaf journal.

Once I'm all done, I'll print it out and laminate each page and stick some together since my printer can't print double sided.

Then I'll have my leaf journal in the flesh!

Does this sound practical?
Exactly What I'm Doing! I might even try to figure out one of those virtual book things!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
@Glitter: As long as people will have a good quality PDF file of their fairy or sparrow, then it should be no problem to crop everything out and send back the file. But that is the reason why I'm asking for everybody else's opinion, maybe there is a better way of organising this?

@Stormy: That is a wonderful idea! There could be a grass patch on a page of the journal, do you think a set of gridlines would help? I hope you develop this idea further, if you need some assistance just shout out. The best I could do for now is to gather necessary screenshots, but it sounds like you already have this sorted. (whoops, unexpected pun!)

@River & Jenny: Sounds like you're going to make a great start on it! Please share your flitterific outcomes or thoughts any time.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Fly with you!
View Tiramisu's Photo Album
Tiramisu's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day New Years Eve 2016 PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Fairy Feast Award Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: LiveChat
Tiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magicTiramisu has mastered their Fairy magic
Light Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
This is a spectacular idea, Onionleaf! I might just have to make a
more.. lazy version then you for myself. lol. I decided I was going to
print my fairy off on sticker paper, and it looks wonderful. It means I can't
pick her up, but I also know she is not going to move once I put her
on my leaf journal. lol
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

What about all the outfits? How are we suppose to get all the outfits we want for our fairies? It would take SO long to crop out all those outfit pieces!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Moon Light River
View Moon Light River's Photo Album
Moon Light River's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Bored
Moon Light River is a talented FairyMoon Light River is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
I like the idea!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
@Glitter: As long as people will have a good quality PDF file of their fairy or sparrow, then it should be no problem to crop everything out and send back the file.
I don't know how to do a PDF file though. A friend tried to teach me how to do it one time, but it was getting way too complicated for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Searching for Pixie Dust
View Labyrinth Pepperpool's Photo Album
Labyrinth Pepperpool's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Pixie Resolution Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Author
Labyrinth Pepperpool is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
What if we made a pouch out of fabric and then printed out our favorite sweets, dyes, etc? Then it could be an actual pouch instead of a page in the book. We could also print out our favorite badges and write a little note saying the date we earned them.

Labyrinth Fantasia Foxstone
~Farewell Pixie Hollow~
Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I love that idea! We should do it!