PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Neverland Narrative

Neverland Narrative Join in and never grow up. RPG Forum

Old Far Far Away... (Sequel to OUAT and HEA)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2019, 07:00 AM
Hanging out in Estoriana
View Liri Dazzlebeam's Photo Album
Liri Dazzlebeam's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 16

My Mood: Adventurous
Liri Dazzlebeam is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Great posts Alexa! We will make sure someone introduces themselves to Kati!

Sorry this post is really long, but this is the post where you all learn a bit about who She is, and where Jack tells more of his story!

Jack Frost

The words on the page filled my mind, repeating over and over again.

“Nightlight, bright light, do you remember?
Time’s first lesson; remember, remember, or lose the last ember!
Seek the Author, seek the pupil; return to the beginning, the once upon a time.”

The words began triggering memories of Her. The grey-eyed, auburn-haired girl, with that one curl always falling to hang in front of her right eye.
Her hand reaching out, "Jack? It’s time. I’ll go with you.”
“Remember?”
Her smiling, “Once upon a time…”

Faintly, I heard my Ayla call my name, but I was lost in memories. Memories of a different time. Suddenly, I felt Mei’s hand on my cheek, drawing me back to the present.
“Jack? It’s time.” My wife said, for a moment sounding just like Her. “This message, it’s from Her isn’t it?”
I nodded. “It has to be. No one else… no one else would say that… would know that.”
Mei nodded, her suspicion confirmed, “Then it’s time. Time you tell the girls. Let’s go apart from the group a bit. I will tell Mom we need a moment.”
“I really should tell everyone…” I began, but didn’t really feel ready to do so yet.
“Yes, you should. Soon. But you can take a moment first. You can tell your daughters first.” Mei replied. I hesitated again, worried that we would lose precious time if I didn’t tell everyone at once, but…. I had only ever told Mei before. I needed to tell my girls, tell it to a small group, before trying to tell it to everyone else.
“Ok.” I agreed, promising myself I would tell everyone else right after I told my girls.

Mei told her mom, Queen Laurel, what we were doing, and then met the girls and I in a small room next to the great room.
“Daddy, what’s going on?” Yue asked, “What did that message mean?”
I took a deep breath, then began the tale. “Girls, I have been around far longer than you could imagine.”
“Well, obviously! You are an immortal Guardian, Daddy!” Ayla stated with a laugh, but I shook my head.
“No, Ayla, I mean, long before I was an immortal Guardian.” I corrected, and their eyes widened in confusion.

“Long before there was civilization on Earth, before Estoriana even existed, I was a being. A being known as Nightlight, an immortal child, and the last of my kind. I was the protector of the Man in the Moon when he was just a baby, and I fought Pitch many times - long before fighting him as Jack Frost with Jamie and the Guardians.”
“How were you someone else than you are now?” Yue asked, confused and a bit awed.
“I don’t really know how or why, just that I was.” I replied.
“How did you change?” Ayla asked.
“I gave a girl my Nightlight Kiss of Goodnight.” I replied, remembering the choice I had made that day. “To save her life.”

“For a long time, I served the royal Lunar family by protecting the baby who is now the Man in the Moon. One day, Pitch came and attacked the Lunar family, and I fought him, falling to earth with him. The two of us became trapped in a deep sleep, until one day a moonbeam set us free by accident. I remembered nothing of my past as Prince Lunanoff’s bodyguard, so for a long time I wandered the earth alone. Eventually I came across a village, unlike any of the other villages on earth - a village of refuge where magic abounded and children understood animals. For a while, I only watched them. But when Pitch attacked the village and trapped some of it’s protectors, I fought against my old enemy once more - freeing the first Guardians from his grasp.”

“North, Sandy, Bunny, and Toothie?” Ayla asked.
“North yes, but there were other Guardians before Sandy, Bunny, and Toothie joined in. The first three Guardians were North, an old wizard named Ombric, and a little girl named Katherine.”
“What happened to them? Why aren’t they Guardians anymore?” Yue asked.
“They are still around somewhere. And they are still Guardians, they are just doing a different task than the rest of us.” I explained, though I wasn’t sure at all what Katherine was doing.

“After we returned to their village, we went on a journey for answers, and found the Lunar Lamadary - a place high in the Himalayas. The people there remember the entire history of the Man in the Moon, Pitch, and my life before falling to earth. They told us who I had been, and how I had battled Pitch and trapped him for centuries.

“I remained with the Guardians, and over time we found the others now known as Guardians, and joined with them in the fight against Pitch. Katherine became my best friend. Then, Pitch trapped her in a deep sleep - like the one I had trapped us both in centuries earlier, and the only way to save her was to give her my Kiss of Goodnight. I knew I would no longer be Nightlight once I did, and I had no idea what I would become, but I chose to save my friend. And I was forever changed.”

“And you became Jack Frost, the Guardian.” Yue stated, but I shook my head.
“Not at first. I didn’t know who or what I was at first. In our battle we had managed to trap Pitch, so I left for a while, going far away - and over a hundred years passed by.

“In that time, my friends grew into the Guardians the world knows them as; Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Sandman… Ombric grew into Father Time, and Katherine grew into Mother Goose - an young woman who became immortal because of the kiss that had saved her. And I had begun to become Jack Frost, though I wasn’t who I am today yet - that wouldn’t be until centuries later.

“Eventually, Pitch began to stir and send minions against us and the children of the world, especially targeting me - his archenemy, so I returned at last to join with the Guardians. I helped the Guardians with holidays like Christmas and Easter, but I didn’t tell them where I had been all those decades.

“Then one Christmas morning, my old enemy’s army came out in force, and I knew that it was time I told them. In the brief moment of calm before the battle would begin, I told Katherine of all that had occurred while I had been gone, and she became the keeper of my story - like she already was for all the stories of the Guardians.

“I told her of the many adventures I had in the early years, and the battles with Pitch’s minions who endlessly hunted me. I told how I learned I had powers, and learned I could become any age between 11 and 18. I told how I began epic snowball fights, and brought adults and children together in great fun.

“I told her of the family who had taken me in, and the time I had spent just being a boy with a family. I told of the friends I had made along the way; the wolves, trees, leaves, squirrels, wind, children, adults, and my staff. I told Katherine how I had missed them all, but that how I knew I was supposed to have this life without them for a time. Then, I told her of how my happy “childhood” had ended abruptly, when my enemy’s forces had attacked my little family.”

“No!” Ayla gasped, hugging her sister closer to her.
“Yes, dear. It was one of the worst days of my life. Let me tell you of that day.” I continued, telling the story how I had told it to Katherine all those centuries ago.

“My adopted siblings and I had been out playing, when suddenly they were there, and they tried to get my siblings. My friends from all around came to help, and I used my powers for the first time in a very long time. The army chased after my siblings instead of me, and that was when I realized I had to leave my family behind in order to protect them - because Pitch would always hunt down anyone I cared about. I asked my friends to take my siblings to safety, hugging them for the last time, then I turned to face Pitch’s army.

“I shattered the ice covering a lake, sending his forces into the freezing waters, where I followed. I let myself sink deep into the icy water, with only my staff, where I would remain. I wanted Pitch to believe I was dead so that he could harm no one I loved.

“I knew I needed to stay away from everything and everyone. I had to feel nothing so I would be invisible to Pitch. I had to be gone.

“I stayed there for a hundred years. I made myself forget everything about my past, to protect everyone. I even forgot Pitch, and my dear friend Katherine. Then, at last, I returned to the world, knowing only that I had powers.”

“How did you remember all of this now if you forgot it when you were frozen in the water?” Yue asked, sorrow filling her eyes at my tale.
“I would not remember for many years. But one day, Pitch’s Nightmare Men finally tracked me down, and at last I remembered everything I had once forgotten when in the ice. I remembered it, and knew that I would someday have to face Pitch once and for all. That is when I rejoined the Guardians, and eventually told all this to Katherine.” I answered.

“After I finished telling my story to Katherine, Pitch finally broke free of the prison we had put him in over a hundred years before. All the Guardians, Pitch and all of his army, and the creatures of the world all began to gather for one more battle - a battle that I was prepared for with the only thing that could end Pitch at last. But when the battle began, I realized Pitch had one more surprise, he had sent forces to attack the descendants of my adopted family. Luckily, Toothie had already sensed something was wrong, and she fought to rescue my family from his men. Meanwhile, I used the one weapon that worked against Pitch, defeating his army in the process - since they were created from him. Silence fell.

“At last, I knelt over the fallen form of my greatest enemy - with his daughter beside me, who had become Mother Nature when her father was corrupted by Darkness. Leaning over him, the weapon dissolved into the tears it had been created by, falling onto his chest. The tears soaked in, and the Nightmare King transformed back into the noble and valiant man he had once been - the right hand man of Tsar Lunar, Prince Lunanoff’s father. Together, she and I grieved him, her father and my old enemy - the man who was once the most honorable in the universe.

“We would never again face the Pitch who was formerly Lord Pitchiner, second-in-command to Tsar Lunar, but the Boogie Man and the essence of the Darkness still exists. Two hundred years later we fought the new Pitch Black, the next Nightmare King, with young Jamie and his friends - which is the story that you already know. It was then, that I finally became who the world knows now. Jack Frost, immortal Guardian, able to control all that comes with winter.

“Just before we had this battle though, Katherine went off on a journey - far away from earth, and none of the other Guardians have seen her for over a hundred years. We all can feel she is still out there, still alive, but we don’t know where or what she has been doing. But now, today, she sends me this message, a message meant to help us with this new danger we are facing,” I finished at last.

“Whoaaaa.” Yue said, the story of my life slowly sinking in.
“You are sooooo old Daddy!” Ayla proclaimed, “Waaaaaay older than I already thought, which was already really old!”
“Ayla!” Yue exclaimed, exasperated with her sister. “Is that the only thing you heard?”
“No! I heard the whole story, I promise I listened. And all of this happened before he even met Auntie Astrid! Daddy, you have been through so much.” She hugged me, and Yue joined in. “But, you are super old…” She added, and we all laughed, Mei joining into the hug.
“Yes, yes I am, my child.” I replied, still laughing. “Come, I need to tell the others my tale now. And I need to explain the clue Katherine left me.”

I then told the rest of the Varden the entire tale that I had just told my daughters, leaving out no detail in the second telling. The others sat in stunned silence when I finished, having not interrupted me like my daughters had.
“So, Katherine, the Guardian of Storytelling - also known as Mother Goose, is sending us a clue to aid us with the new danger we are facing.” I finished, waiting for it all to sink in for my friends.

My sisters Astrid, Ivory, and Lillie looked at me, with fresh wonder and love in their eyes now that they finally had heard my story - a story that spanned centuries. Mei rubbed my shoulder, then wrapped her arm around me.
“Thank you for telling us all that, Jack.” My mother-in-law, Queen Laurel, finally said. I bowed my head in a slow nod, feeling free after telling so many of my friends my story at last.
“Yes, thank you Jack.” Iv agreed, “Now, can you explain what Katherine’s clue means?”

I read the clue out loud to the Varden,

“Nightlight, bright light, do you remember?
Time’s first lesson; remember, remember, or lose the last ember!
Seek the Author, seek the pupil; return to the beginning, the once upon a time.”

“She addressed it to me, using the name she first knew me by, Nightlight. The next words are the beginning of the vow I made when I was the protector of Prince Lunanoff, swearing to protect the baby prince always. ‘Time’s first lesson’ refers to Father Time, the former wizard named Ombric Shalazar. The first lesson he always taught all the children of his magical village was, ‘I believe! I believe! I believe!’ - because all magic is only possible with belief.” I began breaking down her clue.

“She keeps saying ‘remember,’ because I have a history of losing my memory, and she has no way of knowing what all I remember from our past at the moment. And also probably because humanity is forgetting our stories. I think that she is urging to remember ‘or lose the last ember’ because if we don’t get enough people to remember our stories again… then I can only imagine we will all disappear eventually, our bright lights flickering and then fading away.” I continued.
“That makes sense,” Astrid mused, “It fits in with what Lillie, my Never fairies, and I have figured out so far.”

“I am not sure what the next lines mean, ‘Seek the Author, seek the pupil’… I don’t know who the Author is, or the pupil. Katherine isn’t the Author, I know that much, I can feel it.”
“Here!” Noelle spoke up excitedly, “In the front of Tales of Estoriana it says it was written by ‘The Author’!” We all looked at the cover, and sure enough the words were there.
“So we need to figure out who this Author is, and who their pupil is.” Calla said, “But where do we even start?”

“We can start with the last piece of the clue, and try to work from there. Katherine says to ‘return to the beginning, the once upon a time.’ I think she means to return to the beginning of our history together, where we first met - in her village on earth. I can only hope that more clues can be found there. That was where our story began, and where she first began to become Mother Goose. The village of Santoff Claussen, which name means the ‘place of dreams.’ The place where Katherine first spoke the words ‘once upon a time.’” I said.
“And where would that village be?” Queen Kida of Atlantis asked.
“Deep in the forests to the east of Siberia.” I replied, remembering the hidden haven.

“So,” Iv began, “All we have to do is find Katherine, find the so-called ‘Author’ and their pupil, and restore belief in us to enough people so that we won’t all fade away. Seems…. just a tad bit more impossible than all the other things we have faced and accomplished, so should be totally doable!” She laughed, with a bit of her usual sarcasm, despite the fear and worry I knew she felt - we all felt.
“Like we told everyone earlier, we will figure this all out together - like we always do. Together we are strong, and together we will get through this.” Astrid restated, firmly.

(Hope you all like it! Jack's story information comes from the Guardians of Childhood books by William Joyce - what Rise of the Guardians is based off of. Katherine is the Guardian of Storytelling, not the Apprentice, but she is with the Apprentice somewhere in the Universe(s).

She and the Apprentice are sending clues to everyone because they want to help save everyone - unlike the Author who believes they should all stay apart and not interfere one way or the other. Katherine and the Apprentice have written up a prophecy that will say who needs to go on the quest to find the Author and to save all the fairytale characters. Each of us needs to come up with lines of prophecy for each of our characters that are going on the quest. Night and I have begun writing ours, and they are all three lines each, with something to describe the character and something that speaks to what you want them to overcome/achieve/experience throughout the quest experience.

The prophecy will also have a few lines at the beginning and the end to round things out and tell them where to start, though they will travel through many worlds. So! Everyone, start thinking of and writing up your prophecy lines! You can send the lines to me and I will put the whole thing together when we have all the lines!

Here is an example, see if you know who this line is about :

Dance of the snow maiden in the land of sweets, born as the winter’s long fury depletes
The powers you cherish, not your greatest gift, a strength to challenge the mightiest rift
Pierce through the darkness with your heart as your blade, into the unknown, find the light that won’t fade

And here's another one:

Tears of gold that restoration create, as the flower within changes ones fate
Accept that your battle is one to protect, reconcile with the self that you cannot reject
When the empath becomes a warrior at last, the legacies together will be held fast

So, be writing up your prophecy lines for each character of yours that will be questing! I can't wait to have them all get going! )

Last edited by Liri Dazzlebeam; 11-17-2019 at 07:56 AM.