PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > News Articles > PHF's Official Contest and Competitions

PHF's Official Contest and Competitions Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggetions.

Old May 2014 Craft-A-Word Contest

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Hall of Fame
View Top Squeek's Photo Album
Top Squeek's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Winter 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Trivia Winner -Retired Craft-A-Word Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Confused
Top Squeek has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
May 2014 Craft-A-Word Contest

PHF has an exciting new contest to announce, but we’re at a loss for words…
Hey wait, that gives us an idea! Presenting...

Calling all creative word-smiths!
We’re challenging you to come up with a new word related to online games and gaming.
Post your word in this thread, along with its definition.

Examples:

Hometreeing v. - the process of getting more pixie dust when you are out of sweets and need to get more

Shinarkley adj. - A good alternative for when you just cannot decide if that top is shiny or sparkly.

Flitterjipped adj. -The way you feel when you didn't win Fashion Spotlight...again

Don’t forget to include the part of speech with your definition.

Parts of speech:
Noun—n. (a person, place, or thing; names something; e.g. house, bird, girl, Susan)
Verb—v. (an “action” word; doing something; e.g. jump, run, sit, sleep)
Adverb—adv. (used with a verb; describes how you are doing something; e.g. loudly, quietly, quickly, slowly)
Adjective—adj. (used with a noun; describes how something looks or acts; e.g. dark, red, smart, colorful)

You may submit as many words as you’d like, but please only post once. Edit your post to add more words as you think of them.

The PHF moderating staff will select the five words that we like the best,
and those winners will receive this lovely word wizard award:

Everyone else who participates will also win a wonderful word-writing participant award:

Please submit your words in this thread by May 27, 2014.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
This may be different from others, I think:

Transcendent adj. - beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience.
Master adj. - having or showing very great skill or proficiency.

New word:
Transmaster adj. - this person having or showing a very great skill or proficiency and that skill or proficiency is beyond or above normal or merely physical human experience. (or could be said, extraordinary)

~Alyce

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 05-01-2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: something ;)
Old 05-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
This sounds like a neat contest! I will update this post as soon as I get ideas for new words.

Bunchie n. - a pixie who is obsessed with gathering bunches, typically with his/her pixie pals who are also bunchies.

Badgie n. - a pixie who has earned a large number of badges and is obsessed with earning as many as possible.

Pixalgia n. - a yearning caused by one's longing for Pixie Hollow to return.

Last edited by Julie Dazzleshimmer; 05-03-2014 at 12:07 AM. Reason: new word :)
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Wildernista n. - one who goes into the wilderness so often

Twi is a Wildernista and proud of it.

gatherhoad v. - to collect and keep your pouch full of ingredients

Twi is going to gatherhoad ingredients.

dye-a-holic adj. - a fairy who constantly dyes and re-dyes her clothes

Daisy thinks Twi is a dye-a-holic, she never leaves her dye shop.

Cookie-licious adj - when you bake the most delicious cookie ever at Dulice's

Not the easiest challenge, but I love that it made us think.

~Twi

Last edited by Twilight; 05-04-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: new word
Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 PM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
View guardianluna2003's Photo Album
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Blah
guardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyer
Light Talent Water Talent
Word contest

snezust:adj when you sneeze pixie dust or anything irritating to your little pixie nose.

Sentence: Tinkerbell snezusted pollen all over Rosetta.

snezusting snezusted

combitnation of sneeze and pixie dust

Last edited by guardianluna2003; 05-02-2014 at 04:07 AM. Reason: added
Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Whisperbird n. - a person who whispers a lot
Example: Julie thought she was a whisperbird after whispering to everyone of her friends in the server.

Fly-sitting v. - flying while sitting
Example: Julie was fly-sitting at the party.

Hollowful adj. -A feeling you get when you think the Hollow is coming back real soon.

Example: I sometimes feel hollowful.

Sweet-mistaken adj.- A feeling that you get after mistaking a silly sweet for a cookie or another silly sweet
Julie was sweet-mistaken after eating the cookie and turning purple.

Sundust n. - Pixie Dust that's in the sky that comes from the sun
Julie caught some of the sundust in the air to make some sunflower cookies.

Snoositting v. - Sleeping while sitting
Example: Julie was so tired after the party that when she sat down, she began snoositting.

Pixibi n. - A chibi drawing of a fairy.
Example: I drew a pixibi of Julie.

Unflittersure adj. - The feeling you get when you're unsure if you just saw a fairy.
Example: I was unflittersure that day I took a walk at midnight.

Cheesetastic n. Something fantastic related to cheese
Example: "That's cheesetastic!" she said as I told her about the piece of cheese that was shaped like a tinker hammer.

Last edited by Rainbowswirls; 05-25-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Post My Contributions to the Fairy Dictionary

hummingflitting - v. when you're so excited for a meet-and-greet or spotlight results, that your wings flit at the speed of a hummingbird!
Ginger was hummingflitting all over the place as she got ready to meet Fawn in Springtime Orchard.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Our fairies are in our ♥s
View PixieHollowForever's Photo Album
PixieHollowForever's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Arcade Champ Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 2016 Holiday Traditions Contest PHF Winter Award 2016 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: fairyish
PixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy ListPixieHollowForever is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Rose -lilac-violet-lily-pomegranate-strawberry-daisy-honeysuckle-buttercup n: A plant that is all of these plants combined, only grows in certain parts of Pixie Hollow.

Last edited by PixieHollowForever; 05-08-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:26 AM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
This contest is so cute! I hope you like my word!

Flygirl n. - A little girl who is a fairy in her heart and still relives the memories of Pixie Hollow in her heart.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Is a Pixie
View pumpkin Peachlily's Photo Album
pumpkin Peachlily's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 6

pumpkin Peachlily has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
pixiegembusted - (adv) means completely out of pixiediamonds (example) I saw a pretty dress in the postoffice that I wanted to buy but I was pixiegembusted this week.

bugaspritealoo - (n) a new popular fairy dance in pixie hollow (example) At the party we all did the bugaspritealoo.

cuddlecake - (n) a cake made with a pinch of pixie dust and when eaten makes you want to hug your friends

sourpower- a fairy that has the power to make everyone sad by complaining all the time

Last edited by Sapphire Sweetfeather; 05-02-2014 at 06:52 PM. Reason: merge posts, one post per user for this contest
Old 05-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Flitterific Garden Fairy
View Coconut Tulippetal's Photo Album
Coconut Tulippetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 102

Coconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Words:

Ballroomer n. - a fairy who goes to the Ballroom very frequently.
Example: Coconut is definitely a ballroomer.
Fluttercolor n. - the color of a fairy's wings.
Example: Coconut's fluttercolor is pink.

Last edited by Coconut Tulippetal; 05-05-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:48 PM
older fairy, young heart!
View Alina M's Photo Album
Alina M's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Fairy Feast Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 135

My Mood: Cheerful
Alina M is on Tink's Buddy ListAlina M is on Tink's Buddy ListAlina M is on Tink's Buddy ListAlina M is on Tink's Buddy ListAlina M is on Tink's Buddy ListAlina M is on Tink's Buddy ListAlina M is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Word contest

dustified, verb, something that is pixie dusted

Alina M.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Is The Best ♥
View Rach1214's Photo Album
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Leap Year 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: InCharge
Rach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Dustin' : Cleaning the Bugs
Snowdust: Cold Dust
Old 05-02-2014, 10:42 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
This is such a fun contest!

Imperfeccable (adj) ~ a fairy home that is neat, clean, and perfect in every way
(Combination of the words perfect and impeccable)
E.x. The fairy constantly cleaned and redecorated her already imperfeccable house.

Fliesta (noun) ~ a nap that's taken while flying
(A combination of the words fly and siesta, which means nap)
E.x. The tired fairy accidentally took a fliesta while flying over Cottonpuff Field.

Faireminiscent (adj) ~ Reminding us of Pixie Hollow or fairies in some way
(Combination of the words fairy and reminiscent)
E.x. Pixie Hollow Forums is a very faireminiscent site.

Sweettart (noun) ~ A fairy who is very sour and unpleasant, but has a secret sweet side
(Combination of words sweet and tart, which can mean sour, and a twist on the word "sweetheart")
E.x. Vidia may be grumpy, but she can also be a real sweettart!

(I'll edit this with more words later. )

Last edited by Night Wish; 05-03-2014 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Add more words
Old 05-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
My words for the contest

Alwaywaterfalling v. A challenge or game in which pixies without Pixie Dust, fall from above a body of water usually for a long period of time.
You should always make sure you have your alwaywaterfalling gear just in case.

Dust-out v. To remove or boot someone out from your home without being aware, may or may not be on purpose.
Next time, be more careful or you'll dust-out someone.

Dust-bust v. To not use Pixie Dust correctly (accidentally).
She is always known to dust-bust anything.

Last edited by Daisybelle; 05-23-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Closed Thread