PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Error communicating with the server

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Is a Pixie
View wise_jake's Photo Album
wise_jake's Fairy
wise_jake has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Error communicating with the server

I hope someone can help. My wife and I bought the Pixie Hollow Clickables Fairy Jewelry Box for our daughter, for her birthday a few weeks ago. She still has not been able to use it.

I set up her account the very first night, but was unable to download the executable (the Pixie Hollow program). I eventually found an email address for support, sent an email, and received a direct URL from which to download the program.

After installing the program, I entered my daughter's Account ID and Password at the login screen, clicked the Sign In leaf, and then received the following error message:

Quote:
Oops! There has been an error communicating *** the server. Please, contact customer support.
Well, actually I was trying to upload a JPG image of the error msg, but keep getting the following Upload Error:

pixie_hollow_error.jpg exceeds your quota by 22.9 KB

The "Manage Attachments" page lists the Max Filesize for jpg images as 293.0 KB but my "pixie_hollow_error.jpg" image is only 71.6 KB so I don't know why I'm getting the error that my image exceeds the 293 B limit.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Visit the DOW wiki at www.disneysonlineworlds.com!
View Mommy 2 Jules's Photo Album
Mommy 2 Jules's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Extra Life 2014 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 188

My Mood: DowObsessed
Mommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond repute
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
My guess would be that you could not connect yesterday to the server because of the issues PH is having. Try again shortly is the only advice I can offer.

As for the image size, I am not sure. However, I remember entering text for a contest they were running months ago and it said you were allowed 5,000 characters when in fact it only accepts 1,000. Um, that's a huge difference! I had to edit down my entry and it magically accepted it after that. So perhaps, and this is just guessing here, the upload image limit says one thing but is really less?

Good luck,

~ Em
Old 10-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Is a badge hound fairy
View Violet Merryvale's Photo Album
Violet Merryvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 55

My Mood: Balanced
Violet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast FlyerViolet Merryvale is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I also had a similar problem. It was actually a bad bracelet. So maybe if you exchange the jewelry box it will work. In my case I added the bracelet, but then it wouldn't recognize it. Hoping a second might work better? Good luck.

VM

PS I used the link to the program on Pixie Hollow to download the clickables program. You didn't mention what computer you have, but clickables is not Mac compatible and I had to use my Husband's PC.

Last edited by Violet Merryvale; 10-04-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Is a Pixie
View wise_jake's Photo Album
wise_jake's Fairy
wise_jake has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Thank you both for your answers. I will try again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Merryvale View Post
I also had a similar problem. It was actually a bad bracelet. So maybe if you exchange the jewelry box it will work. In my case I added the bracelet, but then it wouldn't recognize it. Hoping a second might work better? Good luck.
I hope that's not it! :-D
Quote:
PS I used the link to the program on Pixie Hollow to download the clickables program. You didn't mention what computer you have, but clickables is not Mac compatible and I had to use my Husband's PC.
Laptop running WinXP
Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Ali Islandsprite
View FairyTL's Photo Album
FairyTL's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Happy Easter Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

FairyTL has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I was also on the clickables window yesterday trying to add fairy points, but because it seemed like the entire, disney.com log in system wasn't working, the clickables weren't working either. I tried it later on that evening and everything went smoothly. I would suggest to try it again.