PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors

Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors Discussions about your ideas or possible changes for Pixie Hollow go here!

Old Pixie Hollow will coming back (Important to read)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:25 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Exclamation Pixie Hollow will coming back (Important to read)

Hey guys,

I'm really tired to hear everyone that complained about Pixie Hollow from e-mail, threads, even from petition. Sorry to be a bit mean, but that's just only make you feel dissapointed and won't bring Pixie Hollow back. If you read the FAQ more detailly, you will find this sentence (in bold).

Quote:
Why is Pixie Hollow closing?

Disney Interactive is committed to offering high quality, entertaining play experiences in both online virtual worlds and mobile apps. At this time, we are shifting our development focus toward other online and mobile play experiences, such as the Disney Fairies Website and a growing selection of Disney Mobile apps. We deeply appreciate your loyal enthusiasm and loyal support for Pixie Hollow and sincerly hope you will continue to enjoy the large variety of other online and mobile play experiences, and will bring you soon.
Guys, do you read the text on bold (not the title)? If yes, you shoud know if Pixie Hollow will come back soon, they're still trying to make Pixie Hollow is being able to be play, not just at the PC, but also in mobile play. So, anything that we can do right now is just wait, don't keep complaining, they're really busy. If you keep complain, it means you don't really support for the new Pixie Hollow. If you sign the petition, it won't also help, because they're so busy and don't want you to disturb. So we can't do anything now except wait Pixie Hollow to open the new game in a new way. Thank you for reading this thread, I hope you understand about it.

Sorry if I have misspelled anything or I look really mean to you, guys.

~Alyce

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 01-15-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: check spelling
Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 AM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
I didn't take that as an offense, Alyce, its a pretty logical theory though. However I have one tweet I wanna add. Being able to develop mobile apps is just a cover up for Disney to say that they're choosing Club Penguin over Pixie Hollow. Everyone knows that. If you think about it closing Pixie Hollow just because they want to develop mobile apps is a stupid reason. If I were a virtual world owner I would just hire some people to take over for a period of time while I spend time working on mobile apps. I agree with you on some parts though including complaining isn't getting us anywhere, I totally understand that. In fact I made petitions and stuff to take action. Your theory is very logical in some ways however, and yes the only thing we can do now is wait.

~Amber
Old 01-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
First Amber, I don't think that, If you think about it closing Pixie Hollow just because they want to develop mobile apps is a stupid reason. I DON't Think That is a STUPID Reason at all!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 PM
∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞
View Infinity Mistyvalley's Photo Album
Infinity Mistyvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Pixieish
Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

*Sigh* I thought this was going to be actual proof yet again.

Alyce, I am hoping just as much as you that PH comes back and I did not take offense from your post. However, I do believe we need more definitive proof than that statement in order to say a bold statement that it IS coming back without a doubt. Unfortunately, I believe what they meant by that statement is to check out the new Disney Fairies site and their new mobile apps and all the new CP crapola (lol, sorry) they're bringing out. This also includes the new game Infinity.

I do believe that we should keep up with the three W: Watch, Wait and most importantly... WISH!!!

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I agree with Olivia. I don't mean this as an offense, Amber, I just want to see if I can offer up a different point of view.

So, pretty much this is a comparison between the pay-offs of Pixie Hollow (and the other Disney MMOs) and apps. Membership for Pixie Hollow did give you full access to the online world, for a monthly fee (the price of which I forget) or a semi-annual/annual fee of over $50. Apps are, as you know, games fit for mobile devices. The games are complete and, in the case of Disney apps, are relatively inexpensive (with a chosen few as being really expensive. Ex: So, I can pay $5 for an app, but I can get the lite version and just get it free?! ...was the example of the Fairies Fly app that was released several years ago and probably doesn't exist anymore...

Anyway, to my point: because apps are less expensive and appeal to a wider range of people, they will earn more money for Disney. I know what you're thinking: less expensive = more money?! Just hear me out for a moment.
So, there's two games out on the market. They are both complete games. If you pay a lot of money for one, you can unlock everything in it (Pixie Hollow membership). But if you pay a little money to another, you can get the complete game--or, at least, the good majority of a game (but I'll get to that later). Usually, most people would go for the one that costs less. So one person buys it, because it looks cool, and is inexpensive. Then another person does. And another. And soon, all of this little amount of money being paid starts adding up pretty quick. Does that make any sense?

It helps that apps are usually universal, so you don't have to specifically like the characters in it to like the game. For instance, the Where's my Water? app just has to do with an alligator who wants to take a shower. You can pick up the game immediately, because not only do the characters not have a backstory that you have to read up on (or a history behind the game that isn't immediately told to you), but its also a puzzle game--track the water to the shower while avoiding obstacles, poison, moss...
And I'm not even going to go into the benefits for Disney with in-app purchases (if you're really addicted to an app, and you want it to keep going, you'll often pay to "extend the life" of your app).

So, looking at it from a business standpoint, its not a bad idea. Apps are easy to produce, and if done right, can become really popular and earn you tons of money. Which has happened a lot in the past with Disney Interactive Apps--for instance, I have seen Where's my Water? in the Top 10 Paid Apps before.

So, yup. There's my two cents on why Disney Interactive made the right move (from a business standpoint) in choosing to focus more of their time on apps.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post

Anyway, to my point: because apps are less expensive and appeal to a wider range of people, they will earn more money for Disney. I know what you're thinking: less expensive = more money?! Just hear me out for a moment.
So, there's two games out on the market. They are both complete games. If you pay a lot of money for one, you can unlock everything in it (Pixie Hollow membership). But if you pay a little money to another, you can get the complete game--or, at least, the good majority of a game (but I'll get to that later). Usually, most people would go for the one that costs less. So one person buys it, because it looks cool, and is inexpensive. Then another person does. And another. And soon, all of this little amount of money being paid starts adding up pretty quick. Does that make any sense?

Wonderful explanation, Popcorn!
I don't prefer apps. Virtual worlds are better, and something more creative which helps us grow.
But Club Penguin is a virtual world. Club Penguin makes more money than Pixie Hollow.
I think that's because they can handle making apps at the same time. I don't really know.
What do you guys think?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
But Club Penguin is a virtual world. Club Penguin makes more money than Pixie Hollow.
I think that's because they can handle making apps at the same time. I don't really know.
What do you guys think?
I would think that they can produce apps pretty quickly (at least compared to online world updates), but they probably just couldn't handle the amount of work devoted for four online worlds and apps...
That still doesn't explain the reason why they had to shut down four, and not... I don't know... less...
Old 01-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 

Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:

That still doesn't explain the reason why they had to shut down four, and not... I don't know... less...
Exactly!

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rose Starbloom's Photo Album
Rose Starbloom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 5

Rose Starbloom is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Garden Talent
Rainbow

Guys, I believe deep down in my fairy heart, that one day it will come back.

Love,
Rose
Old 01-16-2014, 02:54 AM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:

I heard it was a virus, since you might remember all the bugs and updates before it closed. It effected every game except Club Penguin (which was more protected for some reason) so they said it was going to close. The one that everyone loved most of all, and was magical. I kept all the promises I did on there those so many lies, and secrets. I still do. Waiting.
(XD Feels like The Bride from Phantom Manor, waiting for her love.) Sometimes I sit there on my laptop bored, lost in a swirl of depression.
Then I had hope. I started searching for clues, and answers. Then recent ally the website http://pixiehollow.go.com was found saying it was a "testing page" I'm exploded with excitement! We thought that maybe, maybe Disney didn't want to delete it! PH WAS COMING BACK!!! But I guess we have to wait and see!!

-Silver Lightflower
Old 01-16-2014, 03:16 AM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
I heard it was a virus, since you might remember all the bugs and updates before it closed.
-Silver Lightflower
Where did you hear that?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:34 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Where did you hear that?
It was on a site. I can't remember it now, but It might have been a thing I was looking at a blog before PH closed, or something. I remember reading it saying it had a "virus" and Disney was going to reopen it possible later on, etc.
Anywho I went on the "Test Page" and used the Java Console. I click on sources, and scrolled down a way, and then I saw the thngy that said "Event Listener Break Points" on the side and it had alllllllll the animation, control for the fairy, clipboard uses, loading, and stuff!! I just was like, this is proof PH is coming back. It's on here!

~Silver Lightflower
Old 01-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I don't have much time, but remember the ToonTown pages and the POTCO pages that we couldn't access a little while ago? Well now, when you try to type in their web addresses, it redirects you to the Disney Homepage!
And yet, the Pixie Hollow page not only exists, but says its under maitenence...

Last edited by popcorn1234; 01-16-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
BK
View Dawn Daisydew's Photo Album
Dawn Daisydew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Summer Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Bored
Dawn Daisydew has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
and now that PH is gone and most of the fuss has died off why would they bring it back because a few die hards, I hope you are right but it just sounds like another rumor[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited by Dawn Daisydew; 05-07-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
Anywho I went on the "Test Page" and used the Java Console. I click on sources, and scrolled down a way, and then I saw the thngy that said "Event Listener Break Points" on the side and it had alllllllll the animation, control for the fairy, clipboard uses, loading, and stuff!! I just was like, this is proof PH is coming back. It's on here!
What!? Can you post a screen shot of all of this?

~Infinity Mistyvalley