PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fly Home

Fly Home Discussion about your own home, decorating, and other players' homes.

Old Pixie Gardens Megathread *merged*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Awe Bug I knew you couldnt stay away! YAY! I will visit everyone! well who are on my
list hee hee But I must say itis getting a bit pricy! AND Yeah Flora got two plants. AND Phoebe got some stuff that never showed up and she cant put anything in her garden!
If it doesnt show up tomorrow I guess I need to report it...New things brings new glitches, ha ha ha ~Olivia
Old 04-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I absolutely adore the new gardens!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfarie View Post
Ok - another question.... Are the rewards diamond items or just regular items? After all the seeds cost diamonds so I assume the rewards are diamond items.
That is what I assumed too, because how would the free players be able to use the items if they weren't diamonded? I don't think they will have to buy a membership to use them.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
That is what I assumed too, because how would the free players be able to use the items if they weren't diamonded? I don't think they will have to buy a membership to use them.
bc they buy the with Diamonds too!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Coffee Monster
View Frozenthorn's Photo Album
Frozenthorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award A Fairy Haiku Award Spring 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 85

My Mood: Tired
Frozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Water Talent
I think the garden area is cute. I like how we can decorate out there too!

But on the prices!

I am now making a prediction that there will be a contest for something like "how does your garden grow" and we will see many many beautiful gardens.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rill Wildspirit's Photo Album
Rill Wildspirit's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Sad
Rill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
I am mostly happy with the gardens. I do hope that we will eventually be able to buy different gardens just as we can buy different homes.
The prices of seeds is a bit high, I think 2 or 3 packs of 1-day seeds should be sold for the 1 diamond price, and the other seeds re-priced accordingly.
I think I understand why they need to be bought with diamonds if they are to be 'diamond' items that we receive. BUT, members should have the option of using ingredients on the dye seeds or if we choose to use our regular storage for the 'surprise' items. Members should also get more free seeds and I would not mind if some of the bonus items we get would be more seeds. For example, I bought special seeds for the Lagerstromia outfit (sp?) which was from the DS game (don't want to get the system and game just for that dress). If they end up growing a spring bouquet instead of part of the outfit, I will be very upset. If that happened and I received as a bonus, more seeds of the same type to try again, that might help with the disappointment.
Overall, I am happy about the gardens, but I do not like the huge sign pointing to the garden in my fairy home. It is too big and in the way. There must be some way of disguising this thing, making it smaller or transparent. It is worse in the small homes.
Oh, and I am thrilled that non-members get gardens too.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
The Gardens are so neat! Anyway, since I don't think it has been pointed out, I'll go ahead and say that you use pixie dust to sing to a friend's plant. And it takes about 5 minutes before you can sing to it again. I hope that helps someone out there.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Question Bonus items?

Does anyone know what bonus items come with each plant? I can't grow them all, but the cookie plant gave me a bonus cookie! What have you all gotten from your plants as a bonus? Is it always a cookie?

Riverbow
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
The cookie plants give you the cookies.
The others give clothes, shoes, dyes, furniture and
flowers.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Rainbow Over the River
View Riverbow's Photo Album
Riverbow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
School Days Contest End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Cookies
Riverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy TagRiverbow is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Wow Breezy, really? Like, if I plant a "furniture seed" it will grow into a furniture plant PLUS if people sing to it and fill the Bonus meter, you get another furniture item? Really??? Ooooo so exciting!

Riverbow
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Yes Riverbow. So far I have gotten two bottles of dye from one plant and
two different kinds of cookies from my others. So it really helps if your
friends sing to your plants, especially the ones that give you clothes or furniture items.

~Twi
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 AM
knows the muffin man
View Buttercup PollenPuff's Photo Album
Buttercup PollenPuff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Sneezy
Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbow View Post
Wow Breezy, really? Like, if I plant a "furniture seed" it will grow into a furniture plant PLUS if people sing to it and fill the Bonus meter, you get another furniture item? Really??? Ooooo so exciting!

Riverbow
Yep! And usually it's two different items. Some of my plants are a little snarky and like to give me two of the same item. Usually something I already have, or woudn't need two of. This has been true of the flowers 100% so far. They always give me two of the same kind.

Also I have gotten one or two items not pictured as a reward in the shop. I got a wreath that wasn't the daisy wreath, it was the old berry one and this cookie jar. And with the Garden Premier seed I got a watering can that wasn't pictured along with the hairbow that is pictured.

When I received dye earlier there was the color pictured (Strawberry) plus a bonus Rosetta Red.

With the cookies, you get an acorn cookie unless you are at full bonus. Then you get a a better type like Sunflower or Honey or whatever and as a bonus you get the slightly higher equivalent like Honey maple or a truffle.

I am beginning to think that (other than the flowers) the bonus item can be almost anything.

And yes, I am using my diamonds to hurry some seeds along just to see how this whole process works.

BPP

This has been a segment of Buttercup's guide to better gardening.

Last edited by Buttercup PollenPuff; 04-28-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Buttercup, for the cookies, I got a Bonus and received a Blueberry Cookie & a Blueberry Truffle Cookie
Old 04-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Is a Pixie
View Tanglethorn's Photo Album
Tanglethorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Autumn 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 50

Tanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A list
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
So I guess I'm not understanding. Where do you get sunflowers for growing like Buttercup PP posted (what packet do you buy)? I don't see them in the pictures for what seed packets will grow, so are they a surprise item?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Believes laughter is LIFE
View JovialOne's Photo Album
JovialOne's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2014 Award Spring 2014 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 62

My Mood: Lazy
JovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglethorn View Post
Anyone know how long before you can sing to a plant again? I noticed that if you try to sing to a plant after someone you can't right away.
Five minutes must pass before a plant can be sung to again. I was curious so I clocked it. So if you have an offline friend with a full garden you can pick a few and rotate between them. What I think the bonus should be is another of the same type of seed that was planted. But then I guess we would not have to use more diamonds to earn those garden badges, and whoever it is on the Never Council trying to clear a debt would not like the diamond linings of their pockets to thin

Tanglethorn you need to look for the red seed packets with the white flower on them, there is no way to tell exactally what kind of flower will grow though. Those are the packets I'm buying simply because they are beautiful flowers and when I run out of diamonds I can place them in the soil spots to have them continually grow in my garden. I've also invested into the special seeds since the outfit they give was on the DS game and I choose an outfit other than that to bring with Lila to the hollow.

Last edited by JovialOne; 04-28-2012 at 05:17 AM.