PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub > Fairy Bookclub Archive

Fairy Bookclub Archive Archive for Fairy Bookclub

Old What order should I read the chapter books?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Goodbye! <3
View Autumn Sunshimmer's Photo Album
Autumn Sunshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Signature Donation Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 48

My Mood: Moving
Autumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
The title says it all! Please answer
GoldenIvy

I was wondering which order should I read the fairy books

Last edited by Tepcat; 09-06-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rosa's Photo Album
Rosa's Fairy
My Mood: Amuzed
Rosa has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Animal Talent
If I remember correctly it goes like this
The trouble With Tink
Vidia and the Fairy Crown
Beck and the Great Berry Battle
Lily and the Pesky Plant
Rani and the Mermaid Lagoon
Fira and the Full Moon
Prilla and the Butterfly Lie
A Masterpiece for Bess
Tink North of Neverland
Beck Beyond the Sea
Dulcie's Taste of Magic
Silvermist and the Lady Bug Curse
Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster
Rosetta's Daring Day
Iridessa Lost at Sea
Queen Clarion's Secret

The next two books to come out are Myka Finds her Way and Lily in Full Bloom

But really it does not matter what order you read them since each book has very little to do with the other. I read Tink North Of Neverland first and have read them at random since.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Post Rani's big event and what order to read the books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post

...really it does not matter what order you read them since each book has very little to do with the other.
I agree! I read some of them and I had no clue about any order. Yet it did not matter. Well, except one big thing that happens to Rani might affect your view of certain books. Do you think maybe she should read that book before before some of the others? And in which book does the big thing happen to Rani?

Stormy

Not related to the reading order of books really, but does Dulcie show up later than most fairies?

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
The "big thing" that happens to Rani?
I think that happens in Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg.
A very big thing happened to her in that book.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Goodbye! <3
View Autumn Sunshimmer's Photo Album
Autumn Sunshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Signature Donation Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 48

My Mood: Moving
Autumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
well I just read fairy dust and the quest for the egg first because I thought that I should because of Rani. So yep. My library doesn't have all the books. So it looks like I will read the rest in random =D
Old 09-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Well the books did come out in a certain order, but it doesnt really matter what one you read first. They dont say much from previous books in each one, so you can pretty much read them in any order you like!

Last edited by Sahara Islandheart; 09-08-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Flying in for a visit
View dandelion_wish's Photo Album
dandelion_wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Design A Costume Winner's Award Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Pixie Parade Participant's Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Bouncy
dandelion_wish is a talented Fairydandelion_wish is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenIvy View Post
well I just read fairy dust and the quest for the egg first because I thought that I should because of Rani. So yep. My library doesn't have all the books. So it looks like I will read the rest in random =D
If they dont have them all you might try looking for them on cd(in the library) or try other librarys near you. Somtimes the can ever ship in books from other librarys across state for you good luck
Old 09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Senior Fairy
View Foxglove Starglow's Photo Album
Foxglove Starglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Foxglove Starglow has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Well, Prilla and the Butterfly Lie clearly comes after Vidia and the Fairy Crown, but other than that, continuity tends to be a bit fuzzy. You probably want to read Gail Carson Levine's books first -- they're quite good.

Rosa, where'd you hear about Lily in Full Bloom? I'd heard Vidia Meets Her Match was the next after Myka's.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rosa's Photo Album
Rosa's Fairy
I've never heard about a another Vidia Book, Random House the comapny that publishes the series just put up Lily In Full Bloom to come out in May of 2010

Personally I would LOVE to see a new Vidia book, because I like her so much more than Lily

There is a rumor that after Lily, either Rani or Terence will get a book

On a side note there are books unavailable in the U.S you have to buy them imported from other countries.
There's
Tinker Bell takes Charge

Rani and the Three Treasures

and Art Lessons by Bess

Last edited by Maps; 01-28-2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: removed non-g link
Old 09-10-2009, 03:46 AM
Senior Fairy
View Foxglove Starglow's Photo Album
Foxglove Starglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Foxglove Starglow has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Vidia Meets Her Match has been announced in Japan; they tend to get books before they're released in North America, for some reason.

Vidia finds her status as the fastest fairy in Pixie Hollow jeopardized by the arrival of a fast-flying newcomer named Wisp.

(rough translation from Japanese)Fast-flying fairy Vidia's rival appears! A new fast-flying fairy arrived. Vidia, who has never lost to anyone in fast flying, immediately challenges her to a competition. Will she be easily surpassed for the first time...?

A new fairy arrived in Pixie Hollow. Even fast-flying fairy Vidia, who doesn't care about other fairies at all, was bursting with curiosity. Sprinkled with fairy dust, the new fairy said, "My name is Wisp. I'm a fast-flying fairy!" One of Vidia's talent had arrived! "I want to be friends with you,"
Old 09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
My rusty and literal translation of the Japanese title is "Vidia and the First Friend."

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)

Last edited by Tepcat; 09-10-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: excess quote removed
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rosa's Photo Album
Rosa's Fairy
That's so cool! I LOVE Vidia, I really hope we get that book in America soon.

I've also tend to notice how not just Japan but EVERY country get's books and stuff before us. Iridessa Lost at Sea has been out forever in Japan but we only got it six months ago. Doesn't really seem fair does it?

Oh well as long as we get it sooner or later

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post

Not related to the reading order of books really, but does Dulcie show up later than most fairies?
No. Dulcie's been around since Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, but because she's only a suporting character we don't get to see her that much.

Last edited by Tepcat; 09-11-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: multiple post by same user
Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 PM
knows the muffin man
View Buttercup PollenPuff's Photo Album
Buttercup PollenPuff's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Sneezy
Buttercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the QueenButtercup PollenPuff met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
That's so cool! I LOVE Vidia, I really hope we get that book in America soon.

I've also tend to notice how not just Japan but EVERY country get's books and stuff before us. Iridessa Lost at Sea has been out forever in Japan but we only got it six months ago. Doesn't really seem fair does it?

Oh well as long as we get it sooner or later
That's true but they only get one black and white picture in the book and we usually get about 6 or so in color!

BPP
Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Just got the latest Disney Fairies Book, Queen Clarion's Secret. Wonder how it will be?

Oh, and I also found another new book coming out in January 2010, Myka Finds Her Way, look it up!

Last edited by Sahara Islandheart; 09-13-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Is a Pixie
View Disney_Fairies_Fan's Photo Album
Disney_Fairies_Fan's Fairy
My Mood: Relaxed
Disney_Fairies_Fan has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
I would love there to be a book about Terence, another one for Fira, Prilla and Queen Clarion. There are way too many on Rani, not that I don't like her or anything, but there should be books on a range of fairies, not just one or two.