PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Comparing programs: Finding the best quality fairy image

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Misses Pixie Hollow
View alllthingspixiehollow's Photo Album
alllthingspixiehollow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 23

My Mood: Sick
alllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queen
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Lightbulb Comparing programs: Finding the best quality fairy image

I'm doing a little experiment to find the best quality fairy image! I've tried out a few common programs on Windows computers, sorry mac users! This is inspired by Onionleaf's PDF Lite Post

My first test was with Window's Snipping Tool
Here is a snip of the PDF Lite Picture I took:

Notice the fuzzy-ish image, and if you look at other pictures you will noticed the color isn't as strong. (More noticable with colorful outfits)

Here is a normal screenshot of the PDF Lite picture, cropped down with paint:

The image is pretty high quality, and the color quality is good.

Finally, here is a cropped screenshot from a much older computer, who knows if that will make a difference: (I don't have PDF Lite on this computer so it's through the leaf journal) :

So apparently computer age doesn't ame too much of a difference. The image still seems pretty high quality.

So over all for basic screen capturing, I would say screen shot is the way to go, snipping tool doesn't take very high quality images. I hope you enjoyed this experiment!
~Allthingspixiehollow