PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & Fairies Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old HELP?! Trying to save from my inbox to a portable hard drive

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!
View seek4light's Photo Album
seek4light's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Thanksgiving Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Winter 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 76

My Mood: Inspired
seek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
HELP?! Trying to save from my inbox to a portable hard drive

I have been thinking tonight how nice it might be just to download copies of my inbox notes here in the Forum onto a portable hard drive so that I can save them and refer back to them but keep my inbox here free of clutter; I have no idea how to do that; is there somebody here who knows how to do this process well enough to teach me?

Thank you in advance, if you are able to help!
Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Computer This method saves TEXT only.

ALERT: This method of saving loses all the smilies and formatting and pictures.

I go to Private Messages in the upper right hand corner. I pick the inbox or outbox. On the far right edge there are lots of empty check boxes. I check the boxes of the ones I want to save.

Down on the right side, all the way at the bottom after the last message, there is a pick box. It looks like it says "delete" and next to it is a button that says "Go" and a number. Carefully change delete to "Download as text". Then click the "Go" button next to it. It saves the file as privatemessages-username-date.txt.

Then they are saved. However, I usually also want to clear out some space in my mailbox, so the next step I do is go to the same pickbox at the bottom and carefully change it to "delete". Then I click the "Go" button again.

Voila! More room in my inbox.

Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 05-16-2014, 07:16 AM
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!
View seek4light's Photo Album
seek4light's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Thanksgiving Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Winter 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 76

My Mood: Inspired
seek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A listseek4light has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
DEAREST STORMY,
I was quite determined to figure the answer out on my own and bless my socks I DID IT, just tonight! I had just completed downloading it all and then I came here to let others know how to do it and saw you had replied with the selfsame instructions I was about to share with everybody about how I did it so that others can do it as well...
THANK YOU, though, Stormy! I appreciate the time and thought you gave my problem and I may have done it already before I saw you had replied, dear friend, but it is so cool to me that you, also had figured it out and so comforting to find that what I did was exactly the right thing!

....To Others In Forum....

What Stormy wrote above is exactly what worked for me tonight and I had come in here to share with all of you, but I see it has been shared already!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Computer Afterthought

I'm so glad you figured it out and saved your letters.

And thank you for your kind words. You are a dear friend.

I should add that you need to find out where the text file is saved on your hard drive. On some computers it goes right to the "downloads" folder.

Also, if you need to move more emails on the same day, you will need to change the title of the file slightly.

For example, if I save the contents of my INbox today, the file will save as "privatemessages-Stormy-05-17-2014.txt". If I also want to save the contents of my OUTbox also today, the second file will get the exactly same name: "privatemessages-Stormy-05-17-2014.txt". So to keep the second one from covering over and erasing the first one, I would have to change the first's one title to something different, perhaps "Inbox-privatemessages-Stormy-05-17-2014.txt".

Stormy

P.S. I just realized that not everybody keeps a copy of their outgoing messages in their outbox.

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 05-31-2014, 06:36 AM
Is a Pixie
View Jen10's Photo Album
Jen10's Fairy
Jen10 has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Open your inbox mail after opening of that page click ctrl+s select location on which you want to save that file then click save.