PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old ☼ My Little Pony Art Tutorial ☼

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
thanks, Stormy and Lilac!
View Sophie Silkpetal's Photo Album
Sophie Silkpetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Amazed
Sophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmadebora View Post
The hair, though, needs help.
LOL!! That is what I say to my hair EVERY morning!!

- Sophie

Signature by Ruby {BookThing}. Thank you!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
OMG Nightshadow, that's amazing! You sure have a talent!
I don't think you even need a tutorial, lol.

And Straw, it's great that you could draw the horse legs and eyelashes! Keep on trying and one day your mouse will turn into a pony, just like in Cinderella.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Hard at work
View Straw's Photo Album
Straw's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays 2015 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Gaming
Straw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the QueenStraw met the Queen
Water Talent
the part that gets me is the head. for some reason it's the hardest part for me D:
Old 02-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Yep, that's why I always save the head for last.
Sometimes it helps just to trace a picture to understand how to draw it. If you want to, you could do just that, otherwise look back at the first step in the tutorial and figure out what went wrong.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:58 AM
Summer's end, fall begin
View Julie Roseblossom's Photo Album
Julie Roseblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 54

My Mood: Artistic
Julie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
After many, many, many tries, and using Nightshadow's pony as a beginning template (thanks for the unofficial use of your pony as a drawing guide! ) I finally figured out how to draw a newer MLP. I used the same pose, since it was fairly simple for me to draw. And now, I present Tumbleweed! (And yes, there are a lot of smudges and stuff. Odd, since I drew it on the computer.)

The eyes, hair, and cutie mark need help. Oh, and the ear.
Attached Images
File Type: png Tumbleweed.png (49.6 KB, 58 views)
Old 02-07-2012, 03:42 AM
thanks, Stormy and Lilac!
View Sophie Silkpetal's Photo Album
Sophie Silkpetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Amazed
Sophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dustSophie Silkpetal glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Oh, Julie, that's really good!
but it is also really funny - that ear REALLY needs some help.

Signature by Ruby {BookThing}. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Wow, it's much better than that last one you showed me! And the ear looks fine - am I the only one who thinks that?
I wish I could upload my tutorial, but it requires a lot of images, so I will wait until our albums are available again.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Summer's end, fall begin
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 

Julie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A listJulie Roseblossom has made Fairy Mary's A list
I thought the ear was a little long, and I forgot to draw the inside of it. Oh well, at least it's not a pixie blob.

And YAY for lots of images! Images always help.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM
music is what i breathe
View vilmadebora's Photo Album
vilmadebora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
vilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Glad my pony helped. LOL.
It looks great, the ear is fine. I don't see nothing wrong with it.

Onionleaf can I borrow some of the poses at your shop and try to recreate them?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Sure, go ahead! As long as you don't copy the colors (ie. make them look exactly the same), I would be happy to lend you my pictures.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
All of these look great -- and I think the ear looks fine too -- it's just the mane that keeps bothering me, lol
Old 02-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Founding Fairy
View Heather Cedarspeck's Photo Album
Heather Cedarspeck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Chocoholic
Heather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magicHeather Cedarspeck has mastered their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Thanks for the tutorial. I have been wanting to draw ponies for a long long time. I am still partial to the classic ponies but I am very tempted to give this tutorial a chance.

|| Pixie Hollow Online Wiki || Siggy made by Stormy. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Summer's end, fall begin
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris_Waterdew View Post
All of these look great -- and I think the ear looks fine too -- it's just the mane that keeps bothering me, lol
Hahaha, the mane needs a lot of help. I plan to fix that soon, in a redone version.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Cedarspeck View Post
Thanks for the tutorial. I have been wanting to draw ponies for a long long time. I am still partial to the classic ponies but I am very tempted to give this tutorial a chance.
You're welcome! (Even though I haven't exactly written up a tutorial yet )
That website also has a tutorial on the original pony version, but I find them much more difficult to draw.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Summer's end, fall begin
Awards Showcase

Interesting, I find the newer version harder to draw than the old ones. I'm not sure why, maybe more exposure to the older design?