PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old The Badge Chronicles

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:09 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Sun The Badge Chronicles

The Badge Chronicles

Summer is almost over and Iridessa needs help in lighting the lanterns for the End-of-Summer Sparkler event. Normally Iridessa asks the fireflies to help with the lighting, but the poor dears have been struck with a sickness that dulls their glow! Every fairy and sparrow man on wing, whether they be animal-talent or not, can help by entering the Silver Trees to find the cure. Once found, head on over to Firefly Light-up to heal the fireflies and gather their glow to bring light to the End-of-Summer Sparkler festivities!

Silly anecdote: When I first joined Pixie Hollow in 2009, I was sure there was an event called the Firefly Festival in September/October, and during that year the fireflies needed help being lit. I even recall a news article reminding players that they only had a week or two to help light the fireflies in order to earn a prize or badge or something before the next event started. When fall of 2010 came around I wondered where the Firefly Festival went to. Anyway, this is where I got the idea for this year's badge for End-of-Summer Sparkler.

If you have time after helping Iridessa, Fira is planning the Firefly Festival and would like help in getting all the decorations ready!

It's almost autumn and that means time to paint the leaves! Bess has come to Tinker Bell to ask her if she could be the leader behind the task, being an Art-talent Bess really wants to try out some new paint colors for the leaves. (Sadly, the colors she chooses aren't very Autumn-friendly - pink leaves, anyone? - and so after you help her paint the leaves every color of the spring rainbow you'll need to repaint them the appropriate colors )

(I'll add more later on...)

Last edited by Sapphira110; 09-08-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Nice badge, Sapphira! I can just imagine Julie helping to light the Fireflies. I guess it would be Firefly Festival 2014 if Pixie Hollow was still here and your event was real. By the way, I have a strong feeling that out fairies do exist in the world!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:24 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I'm so glad you decided to do this, Sapphira! I would love to hear the story behind all of your badges.
Your idea for the End-of-Summer Sparkler badge is great. And interesting story of how the idea for the fireflies came to be... Will you ever make a badge for the Firefly Festival? I think that would have been a really fun Pixie Hollow special event!

Thank you so much to the very talented Harmony, Alyce, and Ruby!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 

Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
By 'popular demand' I made a Firefly Festival badge! I had a difficult time finding a picture with the right image. I did make another with Fira, but I liked this one better because the colors contrasted nicely with the sunflower frame; while the Fira badge sort of melted into the yellow flower.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 

Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Nice Firefly Festival Badge, Sapphira!
I can't wait for more!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:35 AM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Do you think maybe I could do this with my badges as well? It's perfectly fine if you say no, because it was your idea. I just thought it looked fun.

By the way your badges are super cute and I love the concepts! You know, you can always check the wiki's badges and events for that firefly festival. I don't remember it though.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Hello Jenny, it's all right if you do your own Badge Chronicles; just make sure to call it something else, don't want to confuse anyone with two "Badge Chronicles" I don't want to constrict anyone's creativity.

For the Firefly Festival I'm pretty sure it was made up in my head. That happens a lot to me. I could read the summary of a book and get a totally different story compared to the real written story. It's an annoying trait of mine. I did look the event up and could find nothing. I think that what I thought was the Firefly Festival was actually either the End-of-Summer Sparkler or maybe when the Firefly Light-up game was officially released.

Thing is, when I first started playing Pixie Hollow in 2009 I made a fairy in August but couldn't actually go into the Hollow until November. I would visit the News page every so often to see if the computer would finally work and let me play the game; and that's when I thought I saw an article for the Firefly Festival. I remember the front page was decorated in pretty lanterns and firefly glows.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Gone camping
View RiverLunaMorningvalley's Photo Album
RiverLunaMorningvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award Thankful For Award EKB Meme Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Pixieish
RiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A listRiverLunaMorningvalley has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
*eyes bulge out of sockets* Oh my, Sapphira, these are impeccably beautiful! OK THAT'S IT! YOU HAVE TO OPEN A BADGE SHOP! I would totally, TOTALLY order from you!

But maybe you should do this, firstly. I don't want to pressure you with too many ideas!

You truly are an art talent!

~ Luna
Old 09-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Is in my comfy place
View Blaze_of_Glory's Photo Album
Blaze_of_Glory's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween 2017 Award Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 87

My Mood: Reading
Blaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dustBlaze_of_Glory glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Wow Sapphira, your badges are amazing! I'm glad you decided to open a thread to explain the story behind them.
I especially like the Firefly Festival badge and the Changing of the Leaves one. I would have loved it if Bess came to the Hollow for Changing of the Leaves, which incidentally happens around this time of year...
Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I love hat changing of the leaves one, also.
I agree, it would be nice to have Bess come to the Hollow and celebrate Changing of the Leaves with us in Pixie Hollow. . .if there was a hollow still around.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:00 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
The Firefly Festival one looks really good! I like the picture of the night sky, and the circle of fireflies around the badge are a great idea.
I like the Changing of the Leaves one as well! What a great idea, to have Bess visit the Hollow... I've always thought it'd be cool to include some of the "book" fairies in the game.

Thank you so much to the very talented Harmony, Alyce, and Ruby!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
Hello Jenny, it's all right if you do your own Badge Chronicles; just make sure to call it something else, don't want to confuse anyone with two "Badge Chronicles" I don't want to constrict anyone's creativity.

For the Firefly Festival I'm pretty sure it was made up in my head. That happens a lot to me. I could read the summary of a book and get a totally different story compared to the real written story. It's an annoying trait of mine. I did look the event up and could find nothing. I think that what I thought was the Firefly Festival was actually either the End-of-Summer Sparkler or maybe when the Firefly Light-up game was officially released.

Thing is, when I first started playing Pixie Hollow in 2009 I made a fairy in August but couldn't actually go into the Hollow until November. I would visit the News page every so often to see if the computer would finally work and let me play the game; and that's when I thought I saw an article for the Firefly Festival. I remember the front page was decorated in pretty lanterns and firefly glows.
Oh, that's funny! I do that too sometimes. But normally with events I think actually happened in my lifetime, then everyone is like "What?"

And thank you for granting me permission. Don't worry, I'll find another title. If you ever need help with badge ideas you can come to me or the wiki as well.
(Not that you need them you're so creative!)
Old 09-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Oh my gosh! These are amazing! I seriously thought that these were actually badges from PH until I read that you made them! You are a extremely talented fairy! My favorite (so far) is the "Changing of the Leaves" badge. I love autumn! Amazing job!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Storytelling-Talent
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks everyone.

Opening a Badge Shop did cross my mind after I made badges to promote my book characters, but I wasn't sure how many would want my badges. I have a very basic computer Paint program, nothing fancy like Photoshop, so options would be limited greatly: I save images to my computer; edit them in the Paint program (like cropping); then load the images to my website where I piece them together like a layered sandwich and use the website's text boxes; then I take a screenshot of the almost final badge; and back in Paint I crop and add any do-dads to make it look more presentable. And done.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
These are so creative! I can just imagine how surreal Springtime Orchard would look like with firefly lights dancing in the distance, next to the blossoming tree. And wouldn't it be flitterific if Fira visited the Hollow during the event? She would have been fun to talk to.

Well, you have the ideas part down for making badges Sapphira, and they are good quality too, considering you use basic programs. I would highly recommend that you try out GIMP or Pixlr at some point. They are free image editing programs and have much to offer. Plus, there are plenty of pixies who would be more than happy to help you get started. Once you pass the first learning curve, it becomes very exciting and rewarding to make new graphics. I hope you'll give it a go!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki