PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old PH Dress-Up Game Project **PDFs & helpers needed!**

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
The Pansy Headband looks great! Don't forget to also upload the background color image if you can.
I added all the tasks to your working list, take your time with them.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Tinkering...
View Daisybelle's Photo Album
Daisybelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award New Arcade Games Challenge Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ethereal
Daisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dustDaisybelle glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Okay! I am going to crop the Draping Daffodil Skirt. By the way, how do I add it into the Dropbox folder?

Last edited by Daisybelle; 10-07-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 AM
Off to new adventures
View lillyfairy's Photo Album
lillyfairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 National Cookie Day Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Guess Who Winner Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2015 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Klingon 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 45

My Mood: Crazy
lillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Taglillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Taglillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
I feel a little silly confirming all the dyes, but I did play around with the dye jobs a lot and I like to feel I am helping

Headpieces:
Sil's Winter Hat-Sadly I never dyed this one, so not sure (I would guess you're right)
Fresh Petal Barrette-yes, 2
Sweet Sunflower Headband-Pretty sure 2-mine was 2 different colors from the one pictured
Smart Artist Barrette-yes, 1
Sleek and Stylish Riding Helmet-2, hat one color, straps the other
Gentian Original Headband-don't think I got this one so...
Pumpkin Headband-yes 2, but I'm thinking not a blend-flower is one and band is the other (but I could be wrong)
Hiking Hat-um...2 is my guess as well, but never had

Belts:
Rubber Ducky Tube-I remember using 2 dyes, so yes!
Unstoppable Belt-2, the belt is one, buckle and studs the other

Necklaces:
Triple Bubble Necklace-center bubble IS dyable, outer bubbles (tiny ones) are not
Thistle Whistle-yes 2
Sweet Sunflower Necklace-pretty sure 2, but never did get this one as often as I tried

Bracelets:
Star Wand-yes, 2
Sweet Sunflower Satchel- again, yes 2
Gathering Basket-96% sure it's 2 colors, might want another confirmation on this one
Spade-I think 2 as well
Lovely Blooms Lantern-2 the red and white parts are both dye-able
Rainbow Umbrella-pretty sure 1 is correct
Cassie's Hook Hand-yes, 2; red and gold parts dye, hook stays the same

Anklets:
Looks like you have this coverred for now

Shoes:
Sweet Sunflower Slippers-I believe 2 is correct, but I never ended up changing them
Lovely Blooms Heels-2, if I remember right the gold part doesn't change
Pretty Plaid Flats-definatly 2; these had a weird blend that I could never get how I wanted first try
Tillandsia Flats-1 color with a blend into the yellow
Pumpkin Boots-2, flower and boot; green wrap part stays. Think the flower just has a lighter and darker side, but is all the same dye color
Cozy Rain Boots-not sure, but looks like 2.
Tink's Frosty Boots-I want to say 2, but I don't remember dying the brown part, so I'm not sure enough to confirm

Tops:
Campis Top-Yes 2
Sweet Sunflower Top-Looks like 1, but not sure
Vidia's Pixie Party Top-Yes, 1
Pansy Top-yes there is a blend, the red stays, and the blend happens around the middle from shoulder to waist
Fawn's Winter Top-yes 2,
Tink's Frosty Top-Same as boots, I think 2 but not sure enough to confirm
Pretty Periwinkle Skirt- I remember this one now! It is 2, yes
Sweet Sunflower Skirt-yes, this one is 1.
Tink's Travel Skirt-yep, 2 no blend
Tink's Frosty Skirt-again, 2; skirt and leggings seperate colors

Sorry I put down my "not sure's" but it helps me know what I have looked at vs. not looked at
Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
You are helping Lily, thank you! I haven't dyed most of these items before, so those with question marks are educated guesses from my part. I left some of the question marks that weren't 100% certain (since I'm picky that way ^^") but we'll see how it goes. The fun part is that we can alter the items ourselves, if we wanted to say, add an extra dye to the item or remove one instead. I'm trying to keep the items looking as close to the original items as possible though. If no-one would be able to confirm the dyes for an item, then we can figure something out.

PS. The flowers on the Pumpkin accessories are a little odd, since they create two different shades when only one dye bottle is used.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:12 PM
nostalgic
View Twinklesky's Photo Album
Twinklesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Memory Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Butterfly-ish
Twinklesky has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Sorry, Onionleaf, but I don't really have time nowadays to work on this project– life on the Mainland is super busy and I've been focusing on that much more. Might be able to help again later this month, though. Sorry again!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

@Twinklesky: No worries, I understand. Have a safe flight on the Mainland.

So, before I make any huge progress on working with Flash, I wanted to share a quick sketch of my ideas for the layout. Sorry if the text is a bit difficult to read.

I was thinking of having the fairy in the centre, with the menu of the items on the left and the colors on the right.
There will be several buttons (the leaves) along the edge to choose from. As you can see, I'm planning on adding a menu to alter the fairy's look as well, just like in the Create a Fairy process.

What I'd really like to see are some suggestions on how the layout could be improved, what you would like to see included, what the colors and buttons on the menus should look like, etc. I'd be especially grateful if any of you would be keen on creating designs for the menu and the background. Even sharing simple sketches or samples of your preferred colors will be wonderful. I think I'm going to make the game screen larger than what it is in the image above, so bigger images can be created for now as they can always be re-sized in the future.

Thank you all so much for the help so far! I'm really hoping to finish a small prototype of the game for you all soon so that we can tinker around with it further.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Computer Layout and Layette

I'm looking at your sketch. I like the layout. A print option would be great!

More talents would be fun but would it have any effect? There were some in-game badges for art and something...those badges could be the basis for new talent icons.

The screen may be quite busy, so I'm thinking you won't have room for leaves in the lower right corner... it may have to be vines or wood.

One thing that set the mood in pixie hollow was the restricted screen area. Pixie Hollow had a huge border that made it seem like a cameo (the old fashioned oval art). But that came with a huge disadvantage...there was not much space to work with. I recommend NOT using that oval border.

The semi-transparency (translucency?) of the wings won't be obvious if there is nothing behind the wings, so having a choice of white, black (with stars), pink, blue, green, and yellow background colors might be good.

Please don't try to add the feature Disney used of the floating fairy. Also leave out the blinking feature. They are appealing, but too much work at this stage.

Where would hair color go? On the left with eye color and skin color? (wing color?)

I'm stumped for how to handle fairy size and fairy wing size. How would clothes scale to fit? I think for now we just have to have one size and that's all.

Stormy Lightningberry

P.S. In the DISTANT future we can add static (not moving) silly sweet costumes.

OK. Here's my idea for the coloring station.

Make a brownish yellow vine with light yellow leaves as shown in segment F. Flip it for segment G. Flip and Repeat as needed to make top and bottom borders. Rotate 90 degrees to make left and right borders. Note that the endpoints of all segments must line up.

For upper left corner use segment E with a toast-brown curlicue tendril to help the vine grip surfaces.
For the lower right corner, rotate segment E 180 degrees.
For the upper right corner use segment H which is a dark blue blueberry hiding the corner of the vine border.
For the lower left corner, use segment A which is two trailing ends of the vines tapering to points. Segments B and C are simply alternative ideas for the same lower left corner.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)

Last edited by StormyLightningberry; 10-10-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added viney border ideas
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
More talents would be fun but would it have any effect? There were some in-game badges for art and something...those badges could be the basis for new talent icons.
That was simply my quirky idea for changing the color tone of the wings. I've already created a few layers for the wings, so we would be able to color them in any way we wish. I just thought it might be fun to get to choose from a larger variety of fairy talents, since we were never given any more talents in the game. Sort of like the idea of adding a "None" option for the shoes, since I recall some fairies suggesting that idea on the forums.

Quote:
One thing that set the mood in pixie hollow was the restricted screen area. Pixie Hollow had a huge border that made it seem like a cameo (the old fashioned oval art). But that came with a huge disadvantage...there was not much space to work with. I recommend NOT using that oval border.
*giggles* Right! I wasn't planning on adding a border, too much work and I wanted to leave space for possible expansion. Flash CS6 has a pretty nifty option of saving the file in HTML format, which makes the game border-less.

Quote:
The semi-transparency (translucency?) of the wings won't be obvious if there is nothing behind the wings, so having a choice of white, black (with stars), pink, blue, green, and yellow background colors might be good.
Any sort of background would work, really. I can add an option that would allow the background to be changed in one click of a button, so we can have several to choose from.

Quote:
Please don't try to add the feature Disney used of the floating fairy. Also leave out the blinking feature. They are appealing, but too much work at this stage.
Okay, I won't. I wasn't expecting to be able to accomplish such a feat anyway.

Quote:
Where would hair color go? On the left with eye color and skin color? (wing color?)
I thought the hair would be on a separate menu, divided into hair fronts and hair backs, with a hair color option at the bottom. I couldn't add all the menus on the diagram as they are supposed to switch places when you click on the "leaves".

Quote:
I'm stumped for how to handle fairy size and fairy wing size. How would clothes scale to fit? I think for now we just have to have one size and that's all.
Just one default size will have to do for now! I don't even wish to go into the depths of how size alterations would work.

Quote:
P.S. In the DISTANT future we can add static (not moving) silly sweet costumes.
Sweet! They'll have to be re-drawn from scratch since they were so tiny in the game, but it should be simple enough to add an option for the silly skin tones.

Quote:
OK. Here's my idea for the coloring station.

So detailed, I love it! It's a really good idea to have the one snippet of the vines repeated continuously. I probably won't implement any finished designs in the near future, but just knowing how it will look overall helps me a lot.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Remembering fun times...
View Bellflower Mistyvale's Photo Album
Bellflower Mistyvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Baking
Bellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent
I'm just LOVING the design you've come up with, Onion! I think it's a great idea to start out with clear, simple ideas to get things started since we can always work out the more complicated details later.

I've uploaded a good chunk of the many items that I've cropped so far that are now completed. I've been trying to upload everything all at once after I've worked on a large chunk. I've downloaded some of the more recent PDFs that were posted, so there are plenty more items on the way. The files I've added end in either "cropped", "color", or "completed", where the completed items are those that have been cropped and also have the color removed. So far things are going very well with this project. There are a few items I've encountered problems with (some of them are having a problem that you mentioned before where one bottle of dye seems to create different shades and cannot be removed correctly with our process). I'll make a list of those that I have trouble with and let you know so you can possibly add a note to the table. We'll just keep moving along with our project!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:48 AM
We heart PHF!
View Indigo Twinkleheart's Photo Album
Indigo Twinkleheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: QuiteMad
Indigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dustIndigo Twinkleheart glows with pixie dust
Light Talent Tinker Talent
I am IN AWE. This is so beautiful! Do y'all know what a magical thing your doing? It's just like Pixie Hollow, when Tink comes up with a plan and everyfairy pitches in.

I can't help right now either, but I will be on the sidelines cheering you on!

Gratefully,
*Twinkle*
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 AM
is RANDOM!!!
View Sundew Mangotwinkle's Photo Album
Sundew Mangotwinkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolution Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Impatient
Sundew Mangotwinkle is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Really hoping to see the game prototype!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 AM
stays at home
View Rainbow Darling's Photo Album
Rainbow Darling's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2014 Award Trick or Treat Award Autumn 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: Sleepy
Rainbow Darling is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Water Talent Water Talent
Rainbow Question(s)

Hi Alexia, can I know how to fill in he color into the dye bottle? and.... where can I find the due bottle? I hope you could make a video tutorial and I might be able to know
Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thanks again everyone. There are plenty of items to keep us busy, and we're not pressured for time either, so feel free to pop in and help with anything at all.
I've been tinkering around with ActionScript, it's a completely new computer language for me so it keeps doing things it's not supposed to do. Not to worry though, nothing a good ol' hammer can't fix. Not sure how long it will take me to finish, what with exams looming over me and catching a cold to match , but I'll be going through the item list and checking items off at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Darling View Post
Hi Alexia, can I know how to fill in he color into the dye bottle? and.... where can I find the due bottle? I hope you could make a video tutorial and I might be able to know
Hi Rainbow. If you'd like to use the dye bottle, you can right-click on the image of the bottle in the first post of this thread and select "Save Image As.." (or pick a similar option that saves the image to your computer). Once it is on your Desktop or in one of your folders, open it in GIMP and it will sit on its own layer. Right-click the Layers box and select "New Layer", click OK. Drag and drop it down so that it will sit below the first layer. You can now pick the paintbrush tool, select a color in the Color box and fill in the area underneath the bottle. Once it's colored in, you can go to File, then Save As..., name your file (make sure to add .png at the end) and your favorite dye will be stored in a bottle.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:00 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Wow! I love the way you drew the fairy! It looks very similar to the original!
I tried out dyeing some items. It's super fun! I wish I could just understand how to remove the shadow. (I am terrible with tutorials, its not you. I just have to find out on my own )
Here are some of my tries:

Baker'sHat.png Coral Pink .png FlowerPurse.png
DryMossGreen.png MarchingHat.png

Last edited by Jenny Hollybell; 10-14-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Add more tries
Old 10-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Remembering fun times...
View Bellflower Mistyvale's Photo Album
Bellflower Mistyvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Baking
Bellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent
My next project is to completely finish up the list of anklets and bracelets that are listed right now (except for those that are being worked on by others). Most of the anklets are completed at this point. I want to try and start some shoes after I finish these so we can have some to work with. For now I'm trying to stay away from the ones that just need to be cropped (like Queen's Boutique items) so that those with less time who are only able to do cropping can have plenty of items to work with. Look for most of the bracelets and anklets to be done soon!