PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Hollow Map > Pixie Map Archive

Pixie Map Archive Archive Forum for Pixie Map

Old Ditched in the Wilderness

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 PM
crabby old lady fairy!
View Grace Moonglow's Photo Album
Grace Moonglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 77

My Mood: Dancing
Grace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy ListGrace Moonglow is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Heart Oh MY!!

My thoughts about the Wild:

When there are fairies that tell me they are just collecting, or even refuse to answer if I ask them to "plz help?" - I just sit there. If they don't start to contribute or give a reasonable explaination (I'm sorry, I just ran out of dust, I'm new, anything is ok - just answer!), then I simply let my fairy go "to sleep." They usually give up & leave the wilderness. Then I make a group whisper to everyone & tell them NOT to go with that fairy & why. I figure if enough ppl know, then that fairy won't have anyone to go with anymore.

I can certainly understand when you have computer problems, your modem is slow, or simply forgot you were running low on dust, or even just say "this is my first time." For those who are new on their skills - I try to make sure they get the time & help they need to be able to have fun too. I am making the assumption they WANT to help, but just are not sure how to do the new tasks. I really don't mind going slow & helping the new fairies.

I usually hang back on the first task & let others go first, then I can see which ones they like to do & I'll do whatever is left. I am not picky about it; I just want to give everyone a chance. Then I can zip ahead & do all the ones that ppl don't like. That way everyone is happy about what part they get to play in the group. I can always go back & help the newbies if they get stuck at a certain spot. I think that works for both the 5 skills-fast flyers & the newbie-1 skill only fairies. I don't mind going really fast too - that's always exciting!

I guess I'm saying (after all the above machinations - sorry - ), is just try to adapt to whatever situation presents itself & just to have fun with it!

xoxx Grace
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I'm with you Grace. I do the same thing with the fairies I go in with. I don't mind doing more skills if I am helping a new fairy out.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Badge Hunter
View Elliandra's Photo Album
Elliandra's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2013 Award 2010 Holiday Award Winter Solstice Award Summer Room Design Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Welcoming
Elliandra has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Thank you so much Bubblemist for asking that question to the council. I think it happens more than they realize, but there is no way to track it. I am still hoping they open another wilderness. One for each season.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Is a Pixie
View mjsiowa's Photo Album
mjsiowa's Fairy
My Mood: Clueless
mjsiowa has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Thank you! I no longer feel so alone in being ditched in the wilderness.

About a week ago, I went on a wilderness quest with a fairy, we did all of our task except for one. She refused to use her fix talent, told me to "Leave", 'Get out", and I am friendly fairy and have not left anyone in mines like this. She refused to finish the challenge, and I do mean she refused. I asked her why and was told "I don't want to", thus not knowing what else to do, the third fairy and I left because of this.

I did try to speak with her about playing fair, not being rude or mean, but it did not work, she refused.

I understand new people can be nervous when in a group, or afraid they will fail and others will get mad, but to this day the above is only fairy I know who was actually mean to others.

Sorry this has been happening to others too.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 PM
BK
View Miranda_Flora's Photo Album
Miranda_Flora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Quiet
Miranda_Flora serves with Captain Hook willingly
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I'm sorry for your impatient, but sometimes Fairies/Sparrowmens do have difficult(ies) getting through their connections. Some reasons like you know, Wilderness are loading alot, and they may have a glitch. Another reason would be that they don't see any talent skills or objectives, which they had to "Refresh" again on top of the website box. Although, I just know they have some difficult(ies) getting through the connections and busy in what they need to do. Now, they be very sad, because you can go out and go in again in Wilderness. Don't let your wings crosses again!

----------------------------------------------
Miranda

A No Ordinary Fairy...But she a Pixie Pirate Fairy...

I Piratez!! Arrr..Mate
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 AM
is a Light-Talent Master
View Gardenia's Photo Album
Gardenia's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Design A Costume Participant's Award Summer 2011 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Mega Donation Award Pixie Parade Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 30

My Mood: Birthday
Gardenia is a wiz at Fairy TagGardenia is a wiz at Fairy TagGardenia is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Light Talent Light Talent
So sorry you had this encounter in the wilderness.

Many pixies do have difficulties and/or just don't have the energy to continue.

I have had this experience quite a while ago in the Wilderness, right when it got to the end.

I hope it turns out better next time for you.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:29 PM
The Pirate Talent
View Lily Lightlily's Photo Album
Lily Lightlily's Fairy
My Mood: Festive
Lily Lightlily has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent
I had it happen a few times today. Luckily, the second time, we could finish.

Lily Lightlily - Light Talent
Talent Skill Level: 2

Lily TwistyLily - Tinker Talent
Talent Skill Level: 3
Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I was asked to join a Wilderness group, so I flew right over; but then my internet provider switched to a super slow connection and I was booted out of Pixie Hollow completely! I felt so bad since I couldn't apologize; I couldn't get back on the internet that day.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Is a badge seeker
View RiverBubblesplash's Photo Album
RiverBubblesplash's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Sad
RiverBubblesplash has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
I have a few times for some dumb reason clicked the fairy map icon while in the wilderness.

Thankfully I collected myself and "flew back" and all was well.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Aw, I know how you feel! I think everyone will have this problem once in a while.
But I don't like to judge other fairies if they suddenly leave, cuz almost always it will be because of connectivity problems; usually I am the cause of the interruption, as my internet connection goes haywire every second day! :S
Old 04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
It has happened to me also, except only with friends. So I know how the computers act when your in the wilderness. It does not bother me. The only thing that does bother me is when fairies go in and don't do anything or they did not get enough cookies to finish in there.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:05 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy lemonwind View Post
The only thing that does bother me is when fairies go in and don't do anything or they did not get enough cookies to finish in there.
I totally agree with you Breezy.
If someone is going to lead or join a wilderness adventure
make sure you have cookies to complete the tasks.
And please help it is appreciated, all I ask is that
you do your part. I have no problem going into the
wilderness with a fairy that has one talent skill, but
please use that skill even if I do have that skill it is nice if you help.

~Twi
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Well, at least you will be able to get all of the talent skills soon! Yay! Pixie Dust Mill and Terence! As for the fairies that won't do anything ... we can only hope they will change in time. But if it makes you feel better, they have to PAY too! (being a member, I mean)
Old 04-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Coffee Monster
View Frozenthorn's Photo Album
Frozenthorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award A Fairy Haiku Award Spring 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 85

My Mood: Tired
Frozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy ListFrozenthorn is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Water Talent
I love the wilderness, even if it's just to earn points. I Don't mind helping out the lower level fairies. Anyone and everyone is always welcome if I have a group up.

Sunday night my friend Vanessa and I pretty much ran together in our own little 2 person team all night and got over 500 points worth of work done! Hee hee! She is a level 5 Animal Talent and I am a level 5 Water Talent. It's cool that we share some of our skills like Charm, Grow, & Splash. That way we can cover for each other and get more done faster.

We always go as fast as we can too. We don't take a rest unless we need to. We just flap our wings like crazy and get it done. And we always have tons of cookies made. Vanessa likes those Super Blueberry cookies, and I like the Basic Blueberry cookies. I wish we could buy cookies. That would rule for us faster fairies.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Is Back For a Few Days :)
View vetcat1234's Photo Album
vetcat1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick Day 2016 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Graphic Trio Award 
Total Awards: 60

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
vetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy Listvetcat1234 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
that happens to me sometimes. before, one of my friends left and i asked her why. she said that she had gotten all she needed for a quest.
it could be this, or it could be they've gotten enough to START a quest