PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive Forum for old news.

Old Never News ~26 April 2012 ~ Queen's Boutique Grand Opening

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
KTPHPA xoxo
View XRoseyGirlX's Photo Album
XRoseyGirlX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Quiet
XRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Cupcake View Post
ty Jillian to understand i would love know more english

Click the image to view the full version

they do not care if the players are upset...
Yes, we get monthly allowances of Diamonds but even with the highest amount (25/month) it would take about four months to get the amount we need for one of the two dresses that are LIMITED. Same with leveling up, it takes alot of time, by the time you get enough, chances are there won't be any more dresses...
Rosey xoxo
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Baking cookies for Pluma
View Sweet Cupcake's Photo Album
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Creative
Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
this means that we have to hurry to collect the diamonds bc the dress will go away.. and the only way is buying diamonds! i wont!!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Nyra/Jeanie/Vicki
View nyra's Photo Album
nyra's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 1

nyra has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
It's unfair that members need to buy diamonds, ridiculous!
I will not buy that dress!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Let's make some magic!
View Charlotte Frostsparkle's Photo Album
Charlotte Frostsparkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Purrfect
Charlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast FlyerCharlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast FlyerCharlotte Frostsparkle is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Animal Talent
I have put this in all the messages i have sent to the never council, and tulip you make an excellent point. Fairies don't care very much about fashion (apart from my saffron but thats another story for another time heehee) they make their own clothes that fit the function of their job, and they certainly would never pay in diamonds! diamonds are rare! Pixie hollow has become a selfish place it seems, where all they want us to do is buy things. All i really wanted was new talent levels.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Guardian of pixies
View Warrior Honey's Photo Album
Warrior Honey's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Bookworm
Warrior Honey is a Fast FlyerWarrior Honey is a Fast FlyerWarrior Honey is a Fast FlyerWarrior Honey is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Hi dear forum friends, I totally accept with u all. What ever they r doing is not at all fair. If they want more money to run, then they really should find some more ethical and supportive ways but not like this. This will only make them lose but not gain. They r already losing our love and faith and the affection we had on Pixie Hollow. I for one always loved pixie hollow and I always found happiness there. Its used to be a magical place like a dream land. But now I don't feel it the same way. They really should think again about these diamonds and find a way to win back our trust and love. I will wait and see one more month and if it goes on like this I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO QUIT HOLLOW FOR GOOD. They cant expect us to stay calm when they bring such amazing outfits for sale which we can only buy with diamonds. I cant stay calm nor I wanna spend any more money. This is not the pixie hollow I loved
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 AM
BK
View Fairy Goddess's Photo Album
Fairy Goddess's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Parade Winner's Award Spring 2012 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Talent Pride Participant's Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Fiesty
Fairy Goddess is a talented FairyFairy Goddess is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Honey View Post
Hi dear forum friends, I totally accept with u all. What ever they r doing is not at all fair. If they want more money to run, then they really should find some more ethical and supportive ways but not like this. This will only make them lose but not gain. They r already losing our love and faith and the affection we had on Pixie Hollow. I for one always loved pixie hollow and I always found happiness there. Its used to be a magical place like a dream land. But now I don't feel it the same way. They really should think again about these diamonds and find a way to win back our trust and love. I will wait and see one more month and if it goes on like this I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO QUIT HOLLOW FOR GOOD. They cant expect us to stay calm when they bring such amazing outfits for sale which we can only buy with diamonds. I cant stay calm nor I wanna spend any more money. This is not the pixie hollow I loved
I like and agree with what you have to say here. Why not jack up the yearly membership a little? An extra $5 wouldn't kill anyone...
Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Is a Pixie
View Tanglethorn's Photo Album
Tanglethorn's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 End of the Rainbow Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Autumn 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 50

Tanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A listTanglethorn has made Fairy Mary's A list
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I guess I'm not pleased about diamonds but also not as mad as some people.
But I had a few thoughts to add
  1. People keep bring up money or funding, that Disney needs us paying for membership or diamonds to keep the site going. I really disagree on this point. This is Disney we're talking about they probably have billions of dollars that they can decide to do with what they want. Maybe the popularity of certain sites may help bring in more money and allow for a larger staff and more focus on that site but I doubt they're making these changes specifically to pay for the site.

2. Sometimes I think, I wish new clothing never came out. That all that was available was the initial basics collection that was in the original 'create a fairy option.' And you could tailor or dye or buy them but it was limited to those items. Because every month it seems like there's a new collection and it feels like a popularity contest where it used to be about individual creativity in putting together color combinations and mixing and matching styles. I know there are some fairies from the beginning who are purists and stick to these 'fairy-like' clothes. But then I argue back to myself, you love fairy fashion and new things are what keep the Hollow fun.
So I guess I flip flop on the debate. I think it helps that I just decide to think about it in this way: that I enjoy the Hollow enough that I'm not going to worry about that I can't have every diamond outfit or worry too much about fairness. To just do what I feel works best for me. Sometimes I fall into thinking that I wish we could go back to a simpler time but I know that the grass is always greener on the other side and instead hope and trust that it will straighten itself out in the end.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Cupcake, you are right. PH doesn't care if our players are upset. They should at least add more talent levels! And yes, it is kind of like rich vs. poor, which I think is sad and unfair for others. Now PH is going to lose players and money. That was NOT smart move by the NC. Sometimes I think that the NC does unfair things just to upset more people and create drama.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Flies free and proud
View Violet Littlespeck's Photo Album
Violet Littlespeck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Lazy
Violet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy TagViolet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Hmm, well I have no opinion on the high priced boutique items because I really don't care about buying those things, but I have to say as a non-member I'm thrilled that I can play the games again. And not just the old ones, but other ones that I've never been able to play before like Butterfly Painter and Pinecone Pop. I am absolutely SHOCKED that we can go into the wilderness. I didn't see that one coming, I've never even complained that I couldn't go there, LOL. But there are still a lot of things that we can't do and badges we can't earn, so I definitely wouldn't say membership is worthless.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Littlespeck View Post
Hmm, well I have no opinion on the high priced boutique items because I really don't care about buying those things, but I have to say as a non-member I'm thrilled that I can play the games again. And not just the old ones, but other ones that I've never been able to play before like Butterfly Painter and Pinecone Pop. I am absolutely SHOCKED that we can go into the wilderness. I didn't see that one coming, I've never even complained that I couldn't go there, LOL. But there are still a lot of things that we can't do and badges we can't earn, so I definitely wouldn't say membership is worthless.
True, Members can still personally craft items!

The real problem, for me, is that I'm not allowed to spend any of my own money on this game - my parents don't care if its a membership or diamonds. I won't be allowed to buy anything until I go off to college! But, I still would like a membership.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Littlespeck View Post
I'm with Violet. I'm SO glad that non-members can enjoy the games again. I hope they can also earn the badges. I'd also like it if they could display them again on their cards.

As far as the diamonds, I REFUSE to buy them.

Go ahead Disney and try to entice me with badges.....

Try to get me to buy a dress....... You can keep the dress. Summit will be my store of choice!

Last edited by Sapphire Sweetfeather; 04-27-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: poor color choice on default skin
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Flies free and proud
View Violet Littlespeck's Photo Album
Violet Littlespeck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Lazy
Violet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy TagViolet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Lightningwillow View Post

I'm with Violet. I'm SO glad that non-members can enjoy the games again. I hope they can also earn the badges. I'd also like it if they could display them again on their cards.

As far as the diamonds, I REFUSE to buy them.

Go ahead Disney and try to entice me with badges.....

Try to get me to buy a dress....... You can keep the dress. Summit will be my store of choice!

We can earn the game badges that keep track of the number of times we play, but we can't earn high score badges. Also I'm not sure if we can do the ingredients badges again, because I have all of those except for most of the royals, but we can't earn royals.

Also, it's fun that we can now go into the wilderness, but keep in mind that you need to eat cookies in order to keep your pixie dust up, and we can't personal bake. So the only way we can get cookies is to grow them. In order to buy the seeds, we need diamonds! LOL.

I've been having a blast playing the games that I haven't played before. Pinecone Pop makes me laugh!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Baking cookies for Pluma
View Sweet Cupcake's Photo Album
Sweet Cupcake's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Halloween 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Creative
Sweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magicSweet Cupcake has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
this is the last letter of them, i hope that they think about the prices..

Click the image to view the full version

Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
I liked the old hollow better... i had membership for a month back in 2009 and they still gave non-members all the playing options and members the extra benefits of buying clothing items. no membership badges no different backgrounds and non-members still got to earn badges . And back then most people were happy fairies wanted membership and those that didn't were happy because they had another set of clothes. it was fair to the members and non-members ( from my point of view anyway) now with this diamond thing... idk really... i just don't like it taking over to much. Post office, i was like ok i like it and i can get things that won't lower down my inventory but this just no..
For the new gem dresses, didn't they say that the sewing talents will restock them as soon as possible? i may be wrong though.... I am a non-member for more than half a year and when i do i just wish members would get some of the benefits back again or there is like no point for me to pay 6 dollars for something i can pay with diamonds and they do not take away inventory space.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Miss Mia was allowed to model the new outfit sold in the grand boutique.

But when she got home she asked Gaven to secretly help her create a 'knock-off' from the clothing she was able to get with her membership! Plus the knock-off can be dyed!

No diamonds needed. Pffffft! LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg original.JPG (22.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg knock off.JPG (25.8 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Sapphire Sweetfeather; 04-27-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: poor color choice on default skin