PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors

Pixie Hollow Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors Discussions about your ideas or possible changes for Pixie Hollow go here!

Old I think I have an idea (IMPORTANT)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:43 AM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Innocent I think I have an idea (IMPORTANT)

So guys um, I don't know if this will work for sure, but I have an idea for bringing Pixie Hollow back. I found this site, its called Toontown Rewritten. Basically they're an organization that's bringing Toontown back but with a different name. I'm so glad I found them because it relieves me to know that not everyone doesn't care about letting kids down. And its not Disney that's making this, its a different group, I don't know the name though. I got this crazy idea that they might be able to help this. If they care enough to bring Toontown back (and it takes A LOT of work and effort) they could care enough to bring Pixie Hollow back. I mean if they're willing to put that much time into it for the kids, they might be willing to help recreating Pixie Hollow. Again I'm not sure this'll work but I emailed them telling how much Pixie Hollow means to me, and how much it meant to others and how I felt after it collapsed. If you wanna email them, make sure you include how much you cherished the game, and how upset you got (and make it sound like a tragedy using sad words ex. heartbroken). Also include what you've been going through in real life that made you stick to Pixie Hollow. Did you get bullied? Include that stuff cause the more heartfelt words the better our chances will be. Here's the link to their site if you wanna check it out:

https://www.toontownrewritten.com/about

P.S. They give their contact information on the bottom
Old 01-04-2014, 06:46 AM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
View guardianluna2003's Photo Album
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Blah
guardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyer
Light Talent Water Talent
That would be wonderful but using anything from Disney without permission is illegal. So this site or company must have a contract with Disney to do something with toontown or they will be in court. Disney has patents on everything with there name or they created.

Thanks for the information Amber and hope!

Love Silver Eveningdew and Littlewillow
Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Oh, that would be awesome! I'll totally email them!

Guardianluna, it's not illegal if your just making a game like another game with different names and different everything else. I mean, Disney can't stop someone from making a fairy game! That's just stupid!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
The only reason why Disney isn't suing TTR is because the people at TTR are not making any money off of this. No memberships at all. Plus, since I'm guessing that the game is so old, Disney doesn't want anything to do with it anymore. So, yes. TTR is not working directly with Disney on any agreement, but since they're not making any money off of this game that Disney will (probably) not reproduce in the future, they're relatively OK with this.

However, I don't think we can recreate Pixie Hollow right this minute. Why? Pixie Hollow was closely associated with the Disney Fairies franchise, which is still going on (even if they have only 2 movies left, its still 2 movies, and Disney still will own the franchise after the movies are done). Plus, the technology is still "new" (created in 2007-2008 against Toontown's 2002-2003 aged software), so it might be harder to work with. What do I mean by this?
Quoted directly from the Toontown Rewritten FAQ's:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontown Rewritten FAQ's, under "If you don't charge any fees, how will you pay for the game to run?"
Surprisingly, Toontown Rewritten really isn't nearly as expensive as you would think to maintain. Hardware prices have substantially dropped compared to what they were when Toontown first launched in 2003, and the folks over at Toonbook have provided the funding and servers necessary to run Toontown Rewritten.
Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter8pony
Guardianluna, it's not illegal if your just making a game like another game with different names and different everything else.
While this is true, I would just like to point out that TTR is keeping everything the same. Right down to Donald's Dock, Minnie's Melodyland, and Mickey roaming around Toontown Central. I'm guessing the only reason why Disney isn't suing them right off the bat would be because they're just done with Toontown, and the TTR workers are not receiving any pay for bringing this back.
And this is my personal opinion, but I would much rather play a replica (or the actual game) of Pixie Hollow rather than a knock off, generic fairies MMO. I've been part of the Disney Fairies franchise for eight years now, and am... well, attached to it. I don't know about you guys, but I want the Hollow back just the way that it was--not another fairy game. If it has to come to that, I might live with it for a while, but it just won't be the same.

Ok, mini rant powering down.

Also, thought I'd put this here for consideration:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontown Rewritten, under the FAQ's
But wait- You copied Toontown from Disney... Is that wrong?
This is a pretty tough question that we have been pondering since the start of development. Is what we are doing wrong? Some may say that it is. We really aren't trying to do any wrong.

As mentioned above, Toontown Rewritten is completely free to play. We make absolutely no profits whatsoever and will refuse any donations given. We're not in this for money or fame. We're in this because of kids like Charlie and their parents who genuinely loved this game and want it to continue. The morals Disney used when shutting down Toontown were very wrong in our opinions, but hey: that's business. We can't blame them for it.

Is it wrong to replicate a game using Disney's assets? Personally, we don't think so. Disney is no longer making any money off of the Toontown trademark, meaning that we aren't stealing any profits from them. Ultimately, the Lawbots will decide our fate.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:03 PM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award 

guardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyer
I hope Glitter but these days companies and people will sue for just slightly anything the same. If they do not have a contract with disney to rewrite toontown for a new game well that is what i mean. But that is awesome if they could work something out just as good and gives us hope!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:01 PM
∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞
View Infinity Mistyvalley's Photo Album
Infinity Mistyvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Pixieish
Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

While I do absolutely agree that copyright infringement is wrong... I do believe that if Disney were to ever get upset over the recreation of these previous Disney online worlds... I have 2 things to say to them about that. 1.) Perhaps you shouldn't have shut down these sites in the first place and 2.) Build a bridge and get over it. You have enough money as it is.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Flitterific Garden Fairy
View Coconut Tulippetal's Photo Album
Coconut Tulippetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 102

My Mood: fairyish
Coconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Actually, I've heard that Disney has visited the TTR website ten times already over the past few months and done nothing. It seems that they don't care about Toontown anymore.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 

glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Well, I contacted TTW, and I got a response. They said it was impossible for them to bring Pixie Hollow back. I respect their response and am happy that I at least got a reply at all. I'm still really mad at Disney for ignoring our emails before.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Moon Light River
View Moon Light River's Photo Album
Moon Light River's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Bored
Moon Light River is a talented FairyMoon Light River is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
Well, too, Toontown was downloaded on the computer, and saved in files, so I think that's how they are bringing Toontown back. They're basically copying the files from what they have saved I believe. I'm not to sure about this, but I think it may be.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Defy gravity!
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I think your right, because the message I got also said that it might have been possible to bring back Pixie Hollow if it was still around, but it's impossible now.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Well at least there answering e-mails and we are getting some idea on what might be going on or what will go on.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:25 AM
was dewdroporangepuff
View Marionette's Photo Album
Marionette's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: CantWait
Marionette has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I agree, When disney launched this game on their site, they had to know that this was gonna be a huge hit! I've been following the Disney Fairies for around 8 years, and i played PH from the time it started to the time it ended, and i was probably way to old for it, but for some reason i still liked it. I dont know why, how, or anything about why i was so attached to that game! I was a teenager and i was playin PH. True I went on there to make sure my little sisters were okay, but something....was magical about that site. And today ( i cant believe it ) i'm emailing big time companies about this. We gotta keep going. Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!!!!!

Last edited by Tiramisu; 07-14-2014 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Personal Information