PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Stationary

Pixie Stationary Discussions about stationaries, calling cards, and other printable items.

Old Leaf Journal Idea

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Lightbulb Leaf Journal Idea

Hi all! I'm sure many of us are distraught about having to lose our pixies in the month to come, but I would personally love to have something to treasure my own fairy by. Not just the screenshots and the PDF files, but more like a unique album, and I thought that a Leaf Journal would be just the thing for it.

What I was picturing in my head was a printable Leaf Journal that would be the same size as the one in the game, with leaf bookmarks along the sides and even a leaf clasp to hold everything together. The pages could be all organized in a Word file that people would be able to download, then edit the text to their liking, add their own pictures and then print out and stitch all the pages together.

I was planning on experimenting with this idea some time next month, but just wanted to let it out in the open - maybe we could all brainstorm some ideas. I have been collecting screenshots of blank pages (you know, when things take a while to load and you can see the background) but there could be a chance that I may miss something, so the first task for you all would be to fly around the game and collect any screenshots that you think might be a great addition to a printable Leaf Journal.

Here are some ideas that have been brewing in my head these last few days:
  • First page is the To-Do List. I really like the little note on the left that has our fairy's name on it. Maybe the page on the right could list our fairy's favorite activities.
  • Printed pages of Badges we have managed to earn would be so cool!
  • The Leaf language could also be useful. Maybe there could be a separately printed bookmark with a favorite phrase written on it?
  • For the wardrobe, I was thinking that there could be a page where our fairy has different parts of the body cut out and then stuck together so that the pose can be changed (so she could bend her elbows and knees, move her head from side to side). A "pocket" can be stuck on another page where you can store your favorite outfit pieces and your fairy would be able to change outfits.
  • Some sort of profile page for our Animal Friends would be wonderful to include.
  • A whole place for favorite screenshots could be added to the back. Instead of pasting the images to the pages on Word, you could print them out separately, cut them out and then stick them on like you would in a collage book, perhaps even decorate the edges with frames.
  • If you'd like to write a story about your fairy's adventures, some blank pages could be added (with lines?) and you could write it there with a calligraphy pen. Or using the available fonts on the computer could work as well.

I was very excited when the idea first appeared in my head, and am wishing that it could become a reality. It would such a pleasure to be able to pick up a fairy journal off the shelf once in a while and recall the most fondest memories of the game. I hope you all would be able to help me out with the whole process of putting it together.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 08-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Arizona on my mind...
View Bug's Photo Album
Bug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Happy Valentine's Day 2015 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 107

My Mood: Purrfect
Bug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magicBug has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Wonderful idea Onion!! Kind of like a paper doll set!! I used to love paper dolls...very "old school" & there were actual sets that came with "homes" play areas etc. so this is a very cool idea if you have the time & patience to do it!! I actually had a Patty Duke set from her tv series & a McCalls set from a big magazine in the USA (huge in the 60s) & played with them for hours upon end!! You could have the entire Hollow at your fingertips if you wanted!!

Where Dreams Really Do Come True TY Stormy
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Bard's Drab Brads

Would you make the doll body out of stiff paper and then put brads* to connect the limb joints?

*I think they are called brads. I mean metal fasteners with two tiny brass leaves that you can thread through a hole and then bend apart.

Stormy tells me she wants this most of all!

P.S. And as I recall, her long purple dress had some articulation as well, so that it would fit in various poses.

Stormy Lightningberry
"And I walk right in to the path of a lightning bolt" -- Bugg

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 08-31-2013, 01:44 PM
🔨💚✨Ꭾɾoʋɗ❤Ꭲɪɴκϵʀ✨💚 🔨
View Lily Snowfleck's Photo Album
Lily Snowfleck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award Thankful For Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Arcade Participants Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Happy
Lily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dustLily Snowfleck glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Light Talent Water Talent
That seems like a wonderful idea!
Though I would love to have one, with the materials I have at my house it would take alot of work.

Though I can't make one, how cool would it be to have your own leaf journal with all of the things from the game that you loved most?

Lily Snowfleck

You can help save Pixie Hollow by signing the petition.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/257/590/769/stop-the-closing-of-disney-mmorpgs/

Last edited by Lily Snowfleck; 09-01-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:46 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
I was thinking of doing the same! I couldn't get the actually journal, but I got a picture of the wardrobe book:
Screen Shot 2013-08-19 at 12.45.10 PM.jpg
Old 08-31-2013, 01:57 PM
A Hot Cup of Tea
View Flora's Photo Album
Flora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2016 Award Winter 2015 Award Thankful For Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Autumn 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Create A Talent Award 
Total Awards: 82

My Mood: Rainbow
Flora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the QueenFlora met the Queen
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
This sounds like a flitterific idea! It would be nice to pull out my fairies' leaf journal once in a while. I suppose it would be like a mini fairy scrapbook, with additions . I'm willing to help with anything I can do!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Is Reminiscing...
View McKenzieO1's Photo Album
McKenzieO1's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Arcade Spooktacular Participant's Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Reading
McKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magicMcKenzieO1 has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent
This such a cute idea! as I agree with Bug. Paper dolls were one of my all time favorites as a child and making scrapbooks. I'm such a fanatic with saving such precious things that meant the world to me.

I still have every report card from when I was a child and some of the work I did when I was in school ( little drawings, hand written stories, etc. ) It really is a treasure to be able to look back on them and especially for my daughter!

I'm not sure what I can do to help but I'll try
Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 PM
♪ Let it go ♪
View Minerva Grace's Photo Album
Minerva Grace's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award Winter 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Creative
Minerva Grace is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
What a great idea! This would be a great way to cherish our pixie memories!
I love any art project of any kind so I'll want to try this out!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:17 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
This would be amazing!! I would love to be able to have my fairies' leaf journals to keep forever. Great idea!!
If you need any help with anything, just let me know!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:50 PM
♪ Let it go ♪
View Minerva Grace's Photo Album
Minerva Grace's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2016 Award Autumn 2014 Award Winter 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Creative
Minerva Grace is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Here is the picture I took of the To-Do Page before it loaded...

To Do List Journal.JPG

And here is the wardrobe...

Wardrobe Leaf Journal.JPG

Here's the Badges page:

Badges Journal.JPG

And the Storage (Not sure if this is necessary but...)

Storage Leaf Journal.JPG

Last edited by Minerva Grace; 08-31-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added more pictures! :)
Old 08-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
This is a great idea! I would love to have my own little leaf journal!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Remembering fun times...
View Bellflower Mistyvale's Photo Album
Bellflower Mistyvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Baking
Bellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent
What a pawesome idea!! I would flip for the chance to have my own leaf journal to keep with all my memories! I'm a sucker for arts and crafts any day - this will be a flaptastic project!!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I'm already thinking up ideas for my journal! It doesn't even matter if we don't end up making our own journals. I can make one myself anyways!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:02 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Thank you all for the support! The best way you could help is to throw out any ideas that you may think of. I'd really like it to be more of a collaborative project, with a completed Word or PDF file as the result and easy-to-follow tutorials for the cutting and pasting part. I don't have too many craft materials at home myself, but visiting a crafts store should be simple enough to do.

Thank you for the screenshots as well! It would be best to save them in PNG format rather than JPG, and it would be nice to have the whole leaf page seen, right down to the uneven edges.

I know there are many of you here who are able to work well with graphics, so I hope that you will be able to help out as well. I have a feeling there is a LOT of cropping and editing to be done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyLightningberry View Post
Would you make the doll body out of stiff paper and then put brads* to connect the limb joints?

*I think they are called brads. I mean metal fasteners with two tiny brass leaves that you can thread through a hole and then bend apart.
That is exactly what I was thinking of! Now I'm not very experienced with arts & crafts so it could take me a while to figure out what material would be required.

The fairy paper doll sounds like the most popular idea, I'd be happy to develop that further. It might be best to actually have the fairy at a larger scale than the size that is in the Leaf Journal. Thicker paper could be used, and the different clothing items could be cut out separately. I was thinking of something like this, where the paper tabs on the sides would secure the piece.

top.png bracelet.png

This is just from memory of what I've seen when I was a kid. It would be impossible to cut out all the accessories, so that is why the whole hand is cut out. Also, maybe someone could design a simple top and skirt that would fit the fairy's body so that other outfits could be fitted over it. There's also the problem that only PDF files would have the required quality for such a project.. *sigh* So many questions to consider!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-01-2013, 04:20 AM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
I got two more possible templates

Pouch: For favorite ingredients, dyes, sweets, etc.
Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.20.03 AM.jpg

Friends List: For memory of all of our close friends
Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.21.16 AM.png