PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old How do you feel about the new features?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Inactive for a while
View AznSilver's Photo Album
AznSilver's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Pretty
AznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A listAznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A listAznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A listAznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent
Well, BPP is right...
But it would just really feel weird because we never had this option before. As I said, we're not used to these kind of changes.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity Stardance View Post
As I said I love the new Spa, I know some people don't like so much, but is just a option, if you don't like don't use it. All the online games (some games are for really young kids) that I played, allowed to change faces, skin tone, eyes, everything, so for me its not a big deal, Im sure that nobody will get hurt just for this, kids are happy to get a way to costumize their fairies, I read some comment in facebook about a wrong message, come on, is just a game, games are for fun. The confidence, the ​​values, the self esteem are things that we learn in home. So lets enjoy the game (;

You took the words out of my mouth! I completely agree with you! If people don't like the new features, they don't have to use it. Besides, it's not like they're saying you HAVE to change your fairy. I love it that Pixie Hollow is allowing us to customize our fairies more with the new features! Pixie Hollow is not trying to send the wrong message out, they just want us to be creative and have fun.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:47 PM
~Dream a 'lil dream of me
View Mia_Sparkle_Fairy's Photo Album
Mia_Sparkle_Fairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award DOW Follower Award - Retired Pixie Resolution Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: CantWait
Mia_Sparkle_Fairy is a talented FairyMia_Sparkle_Fairy is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rosey Trio View Post
Did anyone notice how Prism's Spa is on the roof, and the only room on the roof is tiny, and the Spa is bigger on the inside?
Prism must be a Time lady, and her TARDIS is her spa!
LOL ! This made me laugh so hard.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Flies free and proud
View Violet Littlespeck's Photo Album
Violet Littlespeck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Lazy
Violet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy TagViolet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rosey Trio View Post
Did anyone notice how Prism's Spa is on the roof, and the only room on the roof is tiny, and the Spa is bigger on the inside?
Prism must be a Time lady, and her TARDIS is her spa!
I'm still wondering how Schelly can do hair while her customers are sitting in those seashell chairs with the giant backs. In order to do someone's hair, you need access to the hair. Also why when you're outside the shop, the chairs are pointing outward, but when you're in the shop, the chairs are facing inward.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
When the shop first opened, the big chairs faced the outside. But I guess a bunch of fairies told the NC that they wanted to sit in the chairs to pretend that they were really having their hair done, so they turned them around. But since they really did not want to redo the entire outside of the shop just because a chair turn-around, they left the outside appearance stay the same as before.

Thats just my idea.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I've been thinking about this some more, and had a thought that Pixie Hollow is changing its outlook on the "avatars". Now we seem to have more mainlandish clothes, sometimes it feels as though my fairy looks more like a little person rather than a magical fairy. The game is turning more to the style of "dress up fashion dolls", where shopping and fashion dominates. Changing the whole appearance of your avatar in such games is completely normal, I agree. However, that is not the reason for which I play this game, and I've never truly enjoyed such games in the first place. I hope that those who enjoy those types of games will enjoy these new features to the fullest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Littlespeck View Post
I'm still wondering how Schelly can do hair while her customers are sitting in those seashell chairs with the giant backs. In order to do someone's hair, you need access to the hair. Also why when you're outside the shop, the chairs are pointing outward, but when you're in the shop, the chairs are facing inward.
LOL, I've never really thought about that before, those seashell chairs do look rather silly now. I do remember there was a change in Schelly's once where they turned the chairs around so that we could actually sit on them when we're in the shop, but I guess they haven't changed the exterior.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 03-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Teasing Schelly's Shocking Shears

Quote:
OK, this isn't a serious answer. I'm just having fun.

You know how pixie wings don't go right up to the fairy's back? There's a little gap, because they are magically attached, not attached by a wing bone or something. Schelly can do the same thing with her scissors. That way the back of the seashell chairs don't get in her way.

Stormy Lightningberry

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rill Wildspirit's Photo Album
Rill Wildspirit's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Sad
Rill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
And the chairs are swivel type chairs, like many hairstylists use. It just happens that whenever you look at the shop from the outside, they are facing out right at that moment. Then, when you fly in they just happen to be facing in. Try flying in and back out really fast and see if you can catch them still facing in.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Remembering fun times...
View Bellflower Mistyvale's Photo Album
Bellflower Mistyvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 
Total Awards: 38

My Mood: Baking
Bellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A listBellflower Mistyvale has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent
Well, the new features are live. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. At least now everyone can see the new features for those that didn't get a chance to earlier!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM
very quiet lately
View Rin's Photo Album
Rin's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 59

My Mood: Cheeky
Rin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I wish I could play, but this keeps happening.

I can't escape it. It's probably because I have AdBlock on Chrome, but this is kind of silly. Is everyone seeing ads or just free players?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Flitterer
View stargazer80's Photo Album
stargazer80's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Get Connected Award  - Retired Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Sleepyy
stargazer80 is a talented Fairystargazer80 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Complaint letter sent to the NC regarding the pricing for the non members.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 PM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I just tried to buy an expression for one of my fairies on another account. It took two diamonds away and didn't give me the expression. I emailed the NC about it...hopefully the fix it soon! Did anyone else have this problem?

I also flew to the Queen's Boutique and saw the new prices....
Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Cupcake :)
View CookiezPrincess's Photo Album
CookiezPrincess's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Pixieish
CookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy ListCookiezPrincess is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Honestly, Im happy about the new prices for not members! Maybe the beggers will finally learn that diamonds are real money!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
It figures that the one thing I've always wanted to change about Violet (height/size) is the one thing that is not included in this crazy fairy makeover "spa". I kind of messed up when I was creating her and have always wanted to go back and make her smaller (to be truer to the name "Littlespeck"!). Now that I think of it, I've also always hated being saddled with orange tinted wings just for being an animal talent, and that's yet another thing that can't be changed. All the other appearance features I have no interest whatsoever in changing. Hmph.

Don't even get me started on the diamond price changes.
I had the same issue as you Violet. When I created Mia I didn't know you had the options of other faces. I never liked hers. But I understand Twi how you feel. We are created a certain way, and should be happy with who we are. I am on the fence about changing Mia's face to the one I really would have prefered. Other than that she is perfect!

And yes seeing LOTS of ads now Rin. lol
Old 03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Flies free and proud
View Violet Littlespeck's Photo Album
Violet Littlespeck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Lazy
Violet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy TagViolet Littlespeck is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Well I don't know if members are seeing it too (doubtful), but whooooaa Nellie am I NOT happy about that big video ad that pops up in the middle of playing now. I thought the one on top of the screen was bad (mostly because it causes you to keep scrolling back down every time the screen reloads...I would have no problem with the ad being up there otherwise), but THIS....this is just a new low.