PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Gem Juggle tips :)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2011, 01:35 AM
omg i found fairyabc! :D
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Lightbulb Gem Juggle tips :)

just a few things i've figured out since the game was released.

scoring:
  • minimum score is +15 for 3 gems, then +40 for 4, +75 for 5, +120 for 6, etc. (maybe +175 for 7?)
  • double head arrows take out one row or column for +100. quad head arrows take out both an entire row and column.
  • the gem bunch adds +100 to the gems it takes out (+10 for the 2 to make the minimum of 3 = +110).
  • the mining hat takes out a bunch for +150.
  • the pick axe takes out up to 8 gems for +200.
  • rocks aren't just there to take up space; i've seen an arrow take out 2 for a total of +300, so i think they may be worth +100 each

tips:
  • i think someone else noticed this too, but you don't have to click+click to swap gems; you can click+drag instead. i find that to be a little faster myself. maybe Vidia contributed the feature.
  • if you're working on the high score badge, don't forget to use the special items when you get the chance. also, while you have to get a certain number of one or two gems on higher levels, if you have the time, try to get matches other than the ones the game wants. think of it kind of like Petal Pick-up when it only wants one kind of petal.
  • once you have the high score badge, if you want to get the other three badges right away, play the first 1 or 2 royal levels. you only need to get about 3505 points in order to also get 10 talent skill points. 100 games x 10 points = 1000 points, plus 500 while getting the high score badge = 1500 talent skill points, which is like another entire talent skill level. might as well multi-task.
  • be careful with the mining hat, it may take out special items!
  • the gem bunch seems to match not only multiple gems, but in multiple directions at the same time.
  • if the pick axe is on the edge, move it in towards the center instead of along the edge, otherwise you'll only take out 5 gems instead of 8; and don't move it into a corner, or you'll only take out 3.
  • arrows can take out rocks. they can't take out frozen gems, but if you use an arrow on the same row or column as a frozen gem, you'll unfreeze the frozen gem.
  • use arrows before some of the others, but watch out that you don't wipe out another special item when you do. also note that you don't have to drag the arrows in the same direction they point.
  • not specific to this, but while you're working on badges, don't forget to let your pet out and check on it every 5 minutes or so until you get your gifts.
  • ...and don't update tips while the timer is still running!

Last edited by Littlebell; 05-28-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added more info :)