PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old PH Dress-Up Game Project **PDFs & helpers needed!**

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Smile Piecework :-)

I have cropped Plush Plumes Top, Magnificent Evening Scepter, Magnificent Evening Top, Magnificent Evening Skirt, Magnificent Evening Hairpiece, Flaptastic Cloche, Flaptastic Shoes, Flaptastic Top, and Flaptastic Skirt.

I like how they used "Flaptastic" to imply "Flapper" style clothing. I think Tiana from "Princess and the Frog" would be happy to wear that cloche hat.

Stormy

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 12-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Thank you for the help Stormy! I know progress has been rather slow lately, but even a tiny bit of help from any one person is greatly appreciated. Editing clothing items is at the very bottom of my to-do list at the moment, as I still need to finish the palette, expressions & wings, not to mention all the additional work of putting it all together. So even if people crop or edit a piece or two whenever they have spare time for this project, it's already a huge help. I do understand that people are busy though, especially at this time of year. I would have totally given you all a cookie for every task you complete!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 05-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Update

Hi all! Sorry for the lack of progress or updates on this project. I haven't completely forgotten about it, but just haven't been finding the time to continue. I've actually been spending quite a lot of time trying to re-create one of the Talent Games from Pixie Hollow, but what seemed easy enough at first turned out to be a very big challenge, so I am postponing that work until I gain some more experience with Actionscript. However, I did learn a few tricks along the way and feel much more comfortable with coding, so going back to this dress-up game feels like a breeze!

So, to keep myself (and hopefully others!) motivated, I was thinking that I could post either weekly or fortnightly updates (depending on how busy I am) with how much *we* have managed to complete.

In the mean time, here's the new link. Please let me know if something is not working properly.

I've added a couple of small features to the game this week:
  • The music button works now! Have fun turning it on and off to check if it does what it should do.
  • There's now a glow around the eye and skin color buttons when selected. The great thing is that I'll be able to copy and paste that code for the rest of the menus once I complete them.
  • I've added a lot of finished headpieces to the SWF file, but you cannot access them yet as I haven't added the buttons to the menu.

At this moment I would really like a volunteer or two (or more!) to help with a bit of a tedious task, but I assure you that it will be extremely useful in the long run. It would be very helpful if I have a full list of ALL the wardrobe items. Since there are going to be many pages for each item type in the menu, it would be much easier for me to add items to the menu once I have planned out the order in which the items are going to go in. You probably won't be able to find the items that you need if they are all ordered randomly, right? Just a simple order by theme and release date will make everything look much cleaner.

As an example of what I mean, here is what I have completed so far (this list is almost done): Headpieces

So, if you think you'd be a good data collector, you know the Excel basics and don't mind spending a lot of time browsing the Wiki, please send me a PM if you'd like to help out. I'll give the basic instructions of how I'd like it to be formatted and you can work at your own pace.
I'd honestly really appreciate any sort of help with this. If no-one is free at this time then that's all right, I'll be compiling the rest of the lists slowly but surely as studies will allow.

Other than that, if you'd like to help out with collecting dye colors, editing expressions or creating backgrounds, let me know as well! I was going to work on it myself, but the "putting it all together" work is just taking too long.

Thank you all so much for your efforts! Feel free to share any ideas or ask questions that could improve this project. Teamwork is definitely required for such a large amount of work.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Oh, Onionleaf, this is AMAZING! I truly admire your dedication in sticking with this difficult project. It's so nice to have a little bit of the Hollow back.

I volunteered to help with this around the time the game closed, but I soon realized visiting the forums and thinking about PH made me a little too sad. I apologize for disappearing, but I'm so happy to see you haven't given up!

Old 05-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Busy with Pets or Books
View AutumnNeversprite's Photo Album
AutumnNeversprite's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Autumn 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Thankful For Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
AutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Water Talent
this is really cool I've only got my outfits uploaded on here but i do have all of them on here at least.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella_roseplume View Post
I volunteered to help with this around the time the game closed, but I soon realized visiting the forums and thinking about PH made me a little too sad. I apologize for disappearing, but I'm so happy to see you haven't given up!
Don't worry about it, I understand! I'm not exactly following a proper schedule myself, some weeks are much more busy than others. Browsing the Wiki also gives a melancholic feeling, but at the same time it's interesting to look back and see how the game had evolved.
I'm not expecting from anyone to be doing a lot, this is purely volunteer work. I just wanted to let everyone know that if they'd like this project to be completed sooner, there are heaps of tasks still available.

@Autumn: Thank you! No worries about the outfits, I'm sure there are plenty of PDFs available elsewhere. Your mixed & matched outfits are beautiful!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Update

I know it hasn't been too long since the last update, but I wanted to share what I have finished so far. Since the next month will be very busy, I'll be taking a break from this to catch up on my studies. But feel free to upload any finished work if you have any.

Link to game
  • The "work-in-progress" list in the opening post has been updated.
  • Items Completed: 2 One of them is a re-dyable Boutique skirt, though!
  • Finished 3 item lists in Excel: Headpieces, Tops & Bottoms. Started a few others (with some help!)
  • Re-arranged the library names of Headpieces (now items in the project file are numbered instead of written out in full).
  • Added all menu pages for Headpieces. Now that all the code has been set out, I can just copy & paste it for the other menus.
  • Added all currently finished headpiece buttons, so now you can access those items! There are spaces between items because I am adding them in a specific order.
  • Finished Dye word list.
  • Completed Orange and Yellow dyes. (excluding those that haven't yet been updated on the Wiki) They can be found in the opening post.
  • Uploaded a video tutorial to help with de-coloring items.
  • Fixed an eye color and the Leaf Topper Boot overlap.

*phew!* Please check that I've correctly positioned all the headpieces on the fairy's head. Some of them look a little wonky to me.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Is The Best ♥
View Rach1214's Photo Album
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Leap Year 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: InCharge
Rach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Heart

I like how you helping everyone!
Myself, I have a lot of outfits saved from Pixie Hollow, I'm not sure if you know that or not, but still!: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/j44.../Fairy_Outfits

I also have many of my friends saved in a folder too: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o88...ers_%26_Myself

And 1000+ in jpg/png:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0k7...iries_Pictures

And then some male outfits: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0k7...iries_Pictures

I literally have 6192 files spilled around, and needs a home. I think I got some hundred in my computer, but literally, I don't know.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 05-18-2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Oh yes, I did have a look at your uploaded files in one of your threads, thank you for the direct links. 6000 files is a LOT! I'll be sure to download as much as I can, but since Mediafire doesn't allow bulk downloads, it will take a long time.

Thank you very much for the help, this will definitely be useful!

Old 05-18-2014, 12:29 PM
so much to do!!
View Jenny Hollybell's Photo Album
Jenny Hollybell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Mother Earth Day Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017 National Puzzle Day PHF Winter Award 2016 2016 Summertime Award 
Total Awards: 99

My Mood: Growing
Jenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy ListJenny Hollybell is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Hi Onion! I just wanted to say I checked your new headpieces update and it is super flaptastic! I was so happy when I could dress "Jenny".
The only thing I saw, was the headpieces are weirdly scattered throughout the pages. Are they going to be kept like that? Oh, and the leaf-topper boots are still shown overlapping.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Is The Best ♥
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Leap Year 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 

Rach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
Oh yes, I did have a look at your uploaded files in one of your threads, thank you for the direct links. 6000 files is a LOT! I'll be sure to download as much as I can, but since Mediafire doesn't allow bulk downloads, it will take a long time.

Thank you very much for the help, this will definitely be useful!
I can upload them on my DropBox, would you like that instead ?

For you: https://db.tt/IUUbkh9O

Last edited by Onionleaf; 05-19-2014 at 06:47 AM. Reason: merged posts
Old 05-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Rachel, you're amazing! Thank you so much for the link, I was able to download all the PDFs just fine! Some of the cropped items and fairies are unfortunately too small, but the PDFs are going to be very helpful. I also enjoyed browsing through the official contest winners, there were so many creative ideas sent in of fairy outfits and other fairy-related things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Hollybell View Post
Hi Onion! I just wanted to say I checked your new headpieces update and it is super flaptastic! I was so happy when I could dress "Jenny".
The only thing I saw, was the headpieces are weirdly scattered throughout the pages. Are they going to be kept like that? Oh, and the leaf-topper boots are still shown overlapping.
Thanks Jenny, I'm happy to hear that! Yep, the headpieces are scattered because I've already created an order in which the items will be displayed. Those "blanks" that you see will in time be filled with other items. It's just that it would be difficult for me to plan out the menu structure and code if I don't know the order of items, and can you imagine how confusing it would be for fairies if their wardrobe would be in a chaotic mess?

Here's the link to the Headpieces list that I had compiled. There will soon be one for every item type - it will be easier to keep track of our progress this way.

About the Leaf Topper Boots.. yeah, if you mean that menu button, I'll make sure to fix that for the next update. ^^"

Old 05-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
You've done such an amazing job so far, Alexia! Thank you for putting so much of your time into this!
Here are all my PDF files of Ruby's outfits. I know a lot of the pieces are cut off, but I hope it can be of some use!

~Ruby.

Thank you, Hazel ♥
Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Oh yay, some more PDFs! I downloaded yours also, thank you Ruby, and you're too sweet! (Beautiful signature, by the way!)
I probably won't add these files to the public folder yet, since it would take me a while to go through them and update the item list (hence why I removed the public uploading link in the first place). At least they will be able to be used in the future, once the current working list shortens down a bit.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Is The Best ♥
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Heart

More and More Outfits! Woo!