PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Differences: Movie & Books

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Daring
Puck has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
But - but why am I mentioned as one of the pixies? O_o Is there a toy of me?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Puck, *takes a minute to laugh* Don't you think a widely known Trickster King would have a few fans? If Hercules has an action figure, you just might as well.

Anyway, I loved Bobble from the new movie, but the rest of the charaters didn't really leave a stamp on my heart...

They really should've put the originals in. They probably would've made more money off of the movie if they did, don't you think?

-Never
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Daring
Puck has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Yes. it really does irritate me they situated the movie BEFORE the books, or even before Peter Pan without LINKING them! It confuses the heck out of the book-readers. I heard the movie was originally supposed to be located in Kensington Gardens when Peter Pan grew up and was supposed to be how Pixie Hollow was moved to Neverland from London.

It really made me mad that they changed it.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I completely agree! The original character were some of my favourites! I wrote to the Never Councel at some point suggesting they make Rani, Fira, Bess, Beck, Prilla, Vidia, and some of the other main character into 3-D ones. Like Rosetta,Iridessa,Tink,Silvermist, and Fawn on Pixie Hollow!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Is a Fairy
View coriander's Photo Album
coriander's Fairy
My Mood: Fiesty
coriander has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Sun

I've just started delving into the books, but by far "Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg" has been my favorite, and I hope that they will someday incorporate Mother Dove into the Pixie Hollow game. Do you think they will ever bring more book elements into the game? The addition of Dulcie gives me hope that they might.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
It annoys me how they added the floating symbols instead of just having the fairy announce their talent. I think it's why I made my main character just announce his talent in my story Ziggo, denying going over to those floating things, because he already knew. And how could Disney just ignore Mother Dove? I think it's all a little thing so they can say that fairies actually come to the mainland so little kids can possibly think they've seen them. It's like what Peter and the Starcatchers did to the original Peter Pan: it messed it up.

-Never
Old 07-19-2009, 03:43 AM
Senior Fairy
View Foxglove Starglow's Photo Album
Foxglove Starglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Pixieish
Foxglove Starglow has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
The lack of Prilla in the movie makes sense, I have to say -- even though she's one of my favorites. The first movie covers the arrival of Tinkerbell, and by the time Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg comes around, Tink's been around forever.

I suppose that a sort of continuity could be formed; starting with the movie, Tinkerbell arrives in Neverland. All four seasons exist at once in Pixie Hollow, and the fairies think that they're needed to bring about a change in seasons on the mainland.

From an anthropological standpoint, this makes sense -- numerous societies held the belief that, unless they went through one ritual or another, the seasons wouldn't change or the sun wouldn't rise or something.

Then something -- currently unspecified -- happened. The Home Tree stopped producing Dust, but Mother Dove arrived and knew her feathers would replace it. The seasons dropped down to two in Pixie Hollow and the fairies realized they'd change on the Mainland on their own. Without having to spend all their time preparing for the seasons, the different talents developed other ways of using their gifts -- garden talents tried growing flowers that came in a color instead of painting them that shade, Tinker talents broke up into specialties instead of spending their time making more baskets and kettles than anyone would need. And one day, a fairy arrived and instead of picking her talent from those offered, simply announced to all who she was.

And at some point, Tinkerbell decided to explore a bit and met Peter. . . until he broke her heart, at which point she flew back and didn't especially care if he forgot she existed in the first place.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Is a Fairy
coriander's Fairy
Excited Timeline

Now you've all got me thinking about the timeline. I guess we have to consider that "Tinker Bell" the movie is the very first event. Next, Tink will have to meet Peter Pan. The next major event in the timeline should either that Tink meets Peter, or that the devastating event happens that destroys the Pixie Dust tree and creates Mother Dove. Which do you think comes first? I believe that in "Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg" that Tink's adventures with Peter and Wendy are in the past already.

As far as our beloved Pixie Hollow game, it seems rather ambiguous as far as where in the timeline it falls. I assume that since there are four seasons, that we must be pre-mother dove. It would make things very interesting if they did incorporate a devastating event in Pixie Hollow that might lead to some interesting quests. Then, a transformation in the structure of the layout. Sounds like a lot of work for developers, though.

I hope that they portray this drastic change in Neverland and Pixie Hollow in the movies! I am hoping that the movies will remain faithful to the books and create a continuity so that everything will make sense as a whole. It is such a nice series!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Senior Fairy
View Foxglove Starglow's Photo Album
Foxglove Starglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 

My Mood: Pixieish
Foxglove Starglow has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
It's stated outright in Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg that the events occur after the whole business with Peter and Wendy; Tinkerbell's still rather upset about it.

Not sure, but I'd guess the disaster occurs and THEN Tink meets Peter. If they're at a point in their society that they're not spending all their time working on bringing the seasons about, it'd be easier for Tink to be in a position where she can just take off and spend all her time with Peter for a while.

I hear there's a book coming out later this year on the 'Golden Age' of Pixie Hollow . . . I'm guessing this'll give us some answers!
Old 08-04-2009, 02:20 AM
finding my inner ghoul
View lucky_ladybug's Photo Album
lucky_ladybug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Autumn 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Winter Solstice Award Pixie Resolution Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 48

My Mood: Woot
lucky_ladybug has chosen their Fairy magic
I find it slightly irritating that in the books we own which is a lot
The PH clothing is way more elegant or stylish,why?
The clothes we have in PH are not as nice
I would like ths to change
Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Is a Fairy
View Naz99's Photo Album
Naz99's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Happy Easter 

Naz99 has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil LadyBug View Post
Hi Everyone,I don't get why D made new fairies to be in the Tink movie & excluded the books, copyright maybe. It would be nice if they could incorporate Rani, Fira Etc... into Pixie Hollow game, toys etc. Just a thought, please share yours on this subject...
I was wondering the same thing! I hope this doesn't happen in the next movie .
Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Is a Fairy
coriander's Fairy
Smile Official Timeline!

I found it really exciting to find this Pixie Hollow timeline at the amazon uk website!!!

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...line_print.pdf

Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Summer is coming :)
View Sahara Islandheart's Photo Album
Sahara Islandheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Summer 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Participation Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: Artistic
Sahara Islandheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Whoa, there are a lot of differences. I noticed the mother dove thing too. She is a HUGE part of the books. Maybe she will be in Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Flying in for a visit
View dandelion_wish's Photo Album
dandelion_wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Design A Costume Winner's Award Summer 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Pixie Parade Participant's Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 35

My Mood: Bouncy
dandelion_wish is a talented Fairydandelion_wish is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
What bothers me is that the online ph is like the ph in the book before THE BAD THING(never named) showes up and mother dove has to rescue the isand. Soooo is that going to happen(I hope not! Disney will have ALOT of therapy bills if it dose! lol )
Old 10-10-2009, 07:42 PM
dancing for the holidays!
View MistyMay's Photo Album
MistyMay's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Valenpixie Day Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 29

My Mood: Mellow
MistyMay is a talented FairyMistyMay is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
I think that is kind of annoying that they don't link the fairies in the movies, but have you noticed that while playing in PH, the fairies will mention each other? Like while doing a quest for Sil, she mention her friend Rani to me. And if you go to the Disney Fairies website and click to learn more about the fairies, where it says "Best Friend" for Irridessa it says Fira, Fawn it says Beck, Rani it says Silvermist and so on. So I think that there is a real possibility that they could bring some of the book fairies into the movies. But the differences can be annoying!