PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old How can i make a 3D fairy?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
When I open my layers Tab theres nothing... Its all gray and it wont let me click
Have you opened any files in GIMP?? Just go to File > New or Open. You will have to add at least one image at first to begin working.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 PM
☼♦Shine bright♦☼
View Iceglow's Photo Album
Iceglow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Halloween 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Snow!
Iceglow is a talented FairyIceglow is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I was attempting to make a 3D fairy and I had opend up a file in GIMP, When I went to layers it was all gray, I selected "open as layers" Or whatever and it was still like that! Very confusing..

EDIT: ahh nevermind xD I X-ed it out and opend it back up and that did the trick
Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 PM
I Love Pixie hollow :)
View KarinaPixie's Photo Album
KarinaPixie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Adventurous
KarinaPixie has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
Here are the links:
Part 1
Part 2
Remember that a red star stands for a left-click and blue star stands for a right-click of the mouse.

Note: In Part 2, at time 02:24, the note that shows up for a few seconds is actually supposed to be at 04:05. I don't know how that happened, I must have accidentaly moved the text.

Hope this helps!
Thanks alot!!!You're so sweet by making this video.its helping more,by this weekend i will attempt to do this and i will post the finishing product!Also for now im just gonna see the videos and kinda get the hang of it.then attempt this by maybe fri. or sat. THANKS AGAIN!!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 09-19-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: shortened quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
No problem! If any problems arise, feel free to ask at anytime, I will always be available.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 AM
idk what to put here!
View Kenzie_Lightningripple's Photo Album
Kenzie_Lightningripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Roflol
Kenzie_Lightningripple is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Wow! Interesting that I found this because I really wanted to know how to get a 3D fairy because it looked like the fairies in the original Disney Fairies movies.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Mmmmm...vanilla!!
View vanillabug's Photo Album
vanillabug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Winner's Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Charming
vanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Here are my attempts at 3D

This thread has been awesome help! Onion/Alexia, what a fantastic tutorial. I'm very much a novice with GIMP and was amazed how many cool editing things you were showing! Wow!

Anyway, here are the fairies I made. Please forgive the flaws; I'm not an artist and I'm sure there are MANY things that lack the proper perspective and shadowing. I also chose to just change the colors on the clothes the fairy models were already wearing. I used Fawn for Vanillabug and Periwinkle for my other fairy, Cricket.

cricketfixattempt.png

vanillabug_posingtouchup.png

Siggy by the ever so talented Twilight!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Too Much Homework
View mango.fairy's Photo Album
mango.fairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolution Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Artistic
mango.fairy has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Exclamation question

onionleaf i don't get the part were u copy and paste the hair and outfit which tool do u use
Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

First off... Vanillabug, that is a fantastic first attempt! Of course, little steps need to be taken when first starting out, but that is some neat editing there!

@Mango: When you have something selected (like a layer or an area), then press the keys Ctrl and C together, then Ctrl and V, and then right-click the new layer that is called "Floating Selection" and select New Layer. Hope that is what you were asking about.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 AM
In an art world
View BrittPixie's Photo Album
BrittPixie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Summer 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 22

BrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dust
I might make a video tutorial on how to do that so it can be easy. I made one but lost the files But I really want to show you guys!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I Love Pixie hollow :)
View KarinaPixie's Photo Album
KarinaPixie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Adventurous
KarinaPixie has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie, WaterTalentFairy View Post
Wow! Interesting that I found this because I really wanted to know how to get a 3D fairy because it looked like the fairies in the original Disney Fairies movies.
Then im glad i posted this question!And they really do look like original!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillabug View Post
This thread has been awesome help! Onion/Alexia, what a fantastic tutorial. I'm very much a novice with GIMP and was amazed how many cool editing things you were showing! Wow!

Anyway, here are the fairies I made. Please forgive the flaws; I'm not an artist and I'm sure there are MANY things that lack the proper perspective and shadowing. I also chose to just change the colors on the clothes the fairy models were already wearing. I used Fawn for Vanillabug and Periwinkle for my other fairy, Cricket.

Attachment 6660

Attachment 6661
I Love them!!Awesome gfor your first try!I Will try to make some too and post them here.I Havent had much time lately only on weekends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittany75103 View Post
I might make a video tutorial on how to do that so it can be easy. I made one but lost the files But I really want to show you guys!
That would be great!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Thank you for the tutorial Onionleaf!
I gave it a shot in PS (the steps are basically exactly the same except instead of the tools you highlighted for gimp, you use Transform or Free Transform tools) and here are the results...

I know it's not very good and definitely needs some work, but this was my first attempt at a 3D fairy!

P.S. Vanillabug, I LOVE your version of Periwinkle!

Last edited by Neverbelle; 09-30-2020 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM
BK
View Diamondwings's Photo Album
Diamondwings's Fairy
My Mood: Pixieish
Diamondwings is a talented FairyDiamondwings is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Onionleaf you make it look so easy!
I did something weird with my eraser and now it isn't transparent
I do not know how to put the top that I cut onto the 3D model.
I'm all messed up!

-Dess
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
What is the website you downloaded the program from?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker406TWO View Post
What is the website you downloaded the program from?
Which program?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM
In an art world
View BrittPixie's Photo Album
BrittPixie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 Thanksgiving Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Summer 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 22

BrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dustBrittPixie glows with pixie dust
Omg that is beautiful Tulip! Super job for a beginner!

I usually use Sweet Pea for making my 3D fairies because her face is in full view, but that's just my easy way. Since I'll try to complete an order this week I will make a picture tutorial. I hope that will be helpful. http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...p?albumid=2729