PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Sunbeam Bend Tips

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
loves to fly!
View ella_roseplume's Photo Album
ella_roseplume's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Create A Talent Award Autumn 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Riddle Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Pixieish
ella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dustella_roseplume glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I got the High Score Badge for both my fairies the first time I played it with each of them, but both times I had to give up on level 29. It's so annoying to not be able to figure it out, especially when there's no way to lose and you can only end the game by quitting. Such a disappointing feeling!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ella_roseplume View Post
It's so annoying to not be able to figure it out, especially when there's no way to lose and you can only end the game by quitting. Such a disappointing feeling!
Ooooh, how I hate that feeling too! D:
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM
very quiet lately
View Rin's Photo Album
Rin's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 59

My Mood: Cheeky
Rin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Rainbow

Sunbeam Bend has quickly become my favorite game in Pixie Hollow!

The only advise I can think of is if you are stuck on a level, try playing while listening to classical music!

I was stuck on level 30, but after I switched the music I was listening to, I was able to finish the level in less than five minutes!

It's amazing what effects music can have on the brain!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Ooh, ooh! I have a tip!

When there are Light Splitters, you have to use ALL of them - there won't be any left over in the end. And without them, you will only have one beam of light.
Hmm, how should I describe this... example!

Eg. There is one white light, one blue light and two red lights to fill. You only have one red gem (and one blue gem). You receive one 'T' light splitter. So obviously, the light splitter will be used for the red lights, to make TWO red light beams.

Aahhh, did that make sense? O_o

Edit: Ahaha, no problem! ^^

Last edited by Onionleaf; 09-08-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Yup, it did. Thanks Alexa!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Have you seen?? They have doubled the amount of ingredients you receive as a reward!

Last time I played, I only received 21 roses - now it's 43!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 02-19-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: fixed image
Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Is a Pixie
View biscuitbear's Photo Album
biscuitbear's Fairy
biscuitbear has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Yippie! Thanks for the tips, I relaxed and tried it once again and got the high score at level 28 without any problem! I had tried it a couple of times before and thought I'd never get it, but today somehow it was a breeze!

Last edited by biscuitbear; 12-07-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 

Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I'm glad I could help! Congratulations on your high score!
~ Iris
Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Dreamer
View Gummybears's Photo Album
Gummybears's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Procastinating
Gummybears has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Rainbow

I use this as my talent mastery leveling game. I've met alot of pixies and sparrow men who play Gem Juggle. But this is kind of (although it's a bit slower) an easier route. I play up to level 17, and stop. I get 100 talent points each time. Iris, you're right about not as much ingredients, but I think it's worth it. I'm almost level 28 in talent mastery, and I've been using this process ever since Sunbeam Bend came out.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Ooh, almost up to level 28 You must be a hard worker!
Good luck! (I used Acorn Cookies in Practice Baking for my talent level-ups since I needed by baking badges & the seasonal ones (while they are still earnable) used to give quite a lot of Talent Points!)
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I figured that it might be nice to update this thread a little.
True, the game is now more difficult, but there are still a few tips I have figured out that have helped me already.

First, I would like to say that the ingredients rewards are now back down to a miserable amount. (30 Roses, 40 Buttercups and 60 Raspberries for a 150,000+ score)
  • I know I've said before that most likely items appear close to where they should be. Now they are placed much further away! Just be careful of that; if you begin putting different items around and realise that that's not the answer, you should first check the items that you have barely moved.
  • There are a few new levels which are symmetrical on the horizontal axis (ie. the left and right halves of the puzzle are almost identical). If you see such a level, most likely your answer will look symmetrical as well - in fact, it is almost certain.
  • Most levels are not new at all - they have simply been made a bit more difficult in order to confuse us, but the overall working will be similar. If you see a level and you think that you have seen it before, then try to remember how you have figured out that puzzle previously.
  • New changes = More items given, which in turn = Less elbow space. Ugh, it can be so frustrating to have to move away a whole row of mirrors to let that one light beam pass through. It has thrown me off so many times! Your mind automatically thinks that all that space cannot be used. Keep in mind that you do have a lot more space to work in!
  • Because of having to move more items around, it takes longer to complete a level. Most of the time, if I don't have my answer ready in my head from the very beginning, I tend to lose that Time Bonus. So don't panic if you see your time bonus running out - panicking never helps in situations like these.
  • I don't know about all of you, but I find that the levels are so out of order! I might get stuck at one level and then breeze through the new few, then stop on another level again. Level 30 tends to be easier than Levels 28 and 29, lol.
  • There might still be some mirrors or light splitters left over in the end.
That's about it for now.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki

Last edited by Onionleaf; 02-23-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added point
Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Thanks so much for the tips Alexia -- and I'm very disappointed that they lowered their ingredient rewards again
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Is a Pixie
View Flutterlashes's Photo Album
Flutterlashes's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2012 Solstice Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Disney
Flutterlashes is a talented FairyFlutterlashes is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
I have screenshots of all the completed medium level game boards. There are 15 board options for the medium level! I thought of posting them, but thought I'd put it out there and ask first if it would be helpful to anyone? Or maybe there is a different way of sending them to those who are interested. Don't wanna be a spoiler. They would be in thumbnails anyway. But, just thought I'd ask.

I haven't tackled the Hard or Royal levels yet. I was traumatized by the medium levels! haha!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Rin has been a dear and collected all of the screenshots of the Sunbeam Bend levels solutions. You can find the answers in the "Mysteries Behind The Vale" forum, which can be accessed by joining the Spoiler Group. Simply go to your User Control Panel, select "Group Memberships" from the menu on the left and there you may choose to join the Spoiler Group.

The answers have also been added to the Sunbeam Bend Wiki page for easy access!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki