PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old ☼ My Little Pony Art Tutorial ☼

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Is a Pixie
View noseinbook42's Photo Album
noseinbook42's Fairy
noseinbook42 has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Happy Great!~!!

I did this and it turned out great!!!! I made a lineart pegasus, and adoptables from the lineart, and a few other things too!!!

Image 1 is the adoptables, Image 2 is my OC!!!

There's a cool tool BTW That helps with the erasing outside, and not needing to at all, if you use the magic wand to select stuff on the pony's body and you can have the outlines all on the same layer.
Attached Images
File Type: png Set 1.png (159.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: png Fire Light.png (266.1 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Mommy 2 Jules; 08-24-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: filter evasion
Old 08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
cool
View Cerise_Ivory_Electro's Photo Album
Cerise_Ivory_Electro's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ EKB Meme Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Winner's Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Skilled Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Apathetic
Cerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dustCerise_Ivory_Electro glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Wow!! Those are great! I like the 1st adoptable and you OC the most!!
How long have you been on the forums? I was sucked into a portal o_o

Last edited by Cerise_Ivory_Electro; 08-24-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Justice Clan Girl
View HoneyMagixJustice's Photo Album
HoneyMagixJustice's Fairy
My Mood: Artistic
HoneyMagixJustice has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Cool!

I don't usually darw ponies, but it looks really fun to draw! :3
Old 08-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Wow, what beautiful artwork, noseinthebook! The colored-in ponies look very pretty, and I love how you have done the shading on your OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noseinbook42 View Post
There's a cool tool BTW That helps with the erasing outside, and not needing to at all, if you use the magic wand to select stuff on the pony's body and you can have the outlines all on the same layer.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. Would you mind explaining it further, I think it would be great if I could try it out some time.

@HoneyMagixJustice: It is indeed a lot of fun to draw to ponies. I love seeing your artwork, you and your sister are so talented.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 08-25-2012, 04:33 PM
BK
View Lilac Rosewillow's Photo Album
Lilac Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Riddle Participant's Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 3

Lilac Rosewillow has disabled reputation
Wow you guys are really awesome at this! I'm am now an official GIMP fairy after using the program until I memorized every tool and how to use all the different things as well as being able to do some of the advanced stuff but would probably never be able to do this!!! Horseshoes off to you! Love your art!
xoxo
-Lilac Rosewillow #love4ever
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 AM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Thank you so much for this tutorial! I (finally) found the time to try, and here's my first attempt. I'm pretty proud of it, although the hair and eyes could use some work...

Julie Sunripple, pony style!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
It's so cute Julie! I don't see that there's anything wrong with it, it really does remind me of your fairy. All I can say is.. thank you for trying this out, this is what I love to see -- the hard work that other people have put into their drawings!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:46 AM
Misses Pixie Hollow
View alllthingspixiehollow's Photo Album
alllthingspixiehollow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 23

My Mood: Sick
alllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queen
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I love your pony, Julie! It is very nice! The color is very well done!
~Victoria

Profile picture by ElectroStorm, siggy by Cornflower! Thanks!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Just glow with it! :)
View _Maggie_'s Photo Album
_Maggie_'s Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'13 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: fairyish
_Maggie_ glows with pixie dust_Maggie_ glows with pixie dust_Maggie_ glows with pixie dust_Maggie_ glows with pixie dust_Maggie_ glows with pixie dust_Maggie_ glows with pixie dust
Light Talent
Heart Maggie pony

I saw this thread and wanted to make a Maggie pony. I think it turned out okay.

Click the image to view the full version

And I made a Chloe pony for brittany75103:

Click the image to view the full version

This tutorial was very, very helpful! Thank you Onionleaf

Last edited by Onionleaf; 02-18-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: reduced image sizes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Here we are again
View The Rosey Trio's Photo Album
The Rosey Trio's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Torn
The Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the Queen
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
I tried drawing ponies, once.

It needed to be like, 20% cooler.

I'll try again!
Thanks, Onionleaf :3
Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie the Fairy View Post
I saw this thread and wanted to make a Maggie pony. I think it turned out okay.
I think both of your ponies turned out fabulous! I love all the detail in the eyes and hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rosey Trio View Post
It needed to be like, 20% cooler.
*brohoof* Haha, no worries, I'm glad you had a go; you know I would always love to see the results, if you're keen to share.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Solving life's mysteries
View tinker406TWO's Photo Album
tinker406TWO's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award PHF Winter Award 2016  Halloween Award 2016 School Days Contest PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award PHF 2016 TV Star Award 
Total Awards: 112

My Mood: Dreamy
tinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magictinker406TWO has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
I made a pony and it turned out HORRIBLE!