PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Beyond the Hollow > Way Beyond the Hollow

Way Beyond the Hollow Off Topic Archive Forum

Old I'm so scared of growing up

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:49 AM
BK
View xAmberXOX's Photo Album
xAmberXOX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: CantWait
xAmberXOX is a talented FairyxAmberXOX is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Scared I'm so scared of growing up

The thing is guys, my life is passing really fast by. I remember it was just 2010 I was watching Tangled in the movie theaters and now its 2014? Its just scary to think about. I'm facing all these new responsibilities. And the worst part is I have to say goodbye to a lot of my childhood memories like Pixie Hollow since I'm a young adult. Its really scary to think about my whole future ahead of me, and all these new responsibilities I have to take on. Starting to manage my own life. I mean where did the time go? I wish I was still that 6 year old kid having fun outside. Do you guys ever feel like it passes way too fast? I always feel that way. I'm scared of growing up. My parents are already lecturing me about how I'm a young adult and how I should stop being immature. But I guess my heart still is that innocent little kid having fun. I have like 5 cousins who are below the age of six and when I look at them I remember myself. And if I could turn back the clock years back to when I was a little kid, I would've done that long ago. It just passes way too fast. And I'm not trying to grow up fast, it just happens ya know? And sometimes when I think about it deeply I tear up cause its so scary and sudden. Do you guys know what I mean?

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-19-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: personal information
Old 01-19-2014, 03:32 AM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
View guardianluna2003's Photo Album
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Blah
guardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyer
Light Talent Water Talent
I know how you feel Amber. I miss my childhood and my high school years very much. When your a child things seem to go by so slow and when you hit adult hood everything goes by so fast. But remember stay young in your heart. Also just because your growing up does not mean you cannot enjoy some of the things you did in your childhood like DISNEY!

Last edited by guardianluna2003; 01-19-2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 01-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Well your not an adult YET! You go play outside and have some fun, because it goes by a lot fast when your older! HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-19-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: reply to edited post
Old 01-19-2014, 03:45 AM
Is Pixie Perfect!~✿
View VanessaPixie's Photo Album
VanessaPixie's Fairy
My Mood: Amazed
VanessaPixie has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I feel the same!, It's like yesterday it was 2009 and I just started playing PH, but now it's all gone. and It feels like a little bit of the fun in life is slowly moving away?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:27 AM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I know exactly what you mean, Amber. Time does flies by so quickly and I also feel scared about growing up sometimes. I wish that I could turn the clock back and be little again, too. When I think about that, it just makes me sad because I know it’s not possible to do that.
But, even though I will grow up, I know I will always be a kid at heart, and nothing can change that. For some reason, that makes me feel better about growing up. And like Luna said, just because you are growing up, doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy things that you did in your childhood!
For instance, I thought for a while that I would have to stop playing Pixie Hollow because I was becoming older, but guess what my mom told me? She said it didn’t matter if I was fifty and I still played on there, it was something that I had fun doing and it brought me joy, and that was all that mattered. Unfortunately, Pixie Hollow is obviously closed, but the point is, some things you can still enjoy no matter how old you are! Some people might think it’s silly, but who’s really losing out?
Anyway, I've realized that when I constantly wish to go back to the past, I'm not enjoying the present. One thing that's good to remember is always enjoy the age you are, because you’ll never be that age again.
So instead of remembering your childhood and being sad and wishing to go back, try to remember the memories and be happy! (It was hard for me to do, and it sometimes still is, but it helps me feel better.) Being little was a lot of fun, wasn’t it? Enjoy the rest of your childhood while you are still young!
“Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.” (I found that quote online, I don’t know who said it. )

Last edited by Misty_12; 01-19-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:29 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Fly with you, Amber!

I have that fear sometimes, too. I think it's something that everyone experiences sometime in their life, but maybe some more than others. It's been a struggle of mine to deal with, but here are a few things I've realized:

Age really doesn't have much to do with maturity. I've known some very mature kids and some very immature adults! So, you can be mature and still be a child at heart at the same time. You can still like Pixie Hollow, you can still go outside and play tag if you want to.. You can do anything you want! Really. There is no rule that says once you turn (__) years old then you're not allowed to do\like (__) anymore.

It's important to live in the moment and enjoy what's happening right now, because if you keep worrying about how fast time goes by, you'll be sitting here in a year wishing you had enjoyed it instead of worrying so much about the future.

I know getting new responsibilities can be very stressful, but take a breath.. it's okay. You don't have to be completely mature and responsible all in one day! You are still a kid, too. Try your best to enjoy life as it is and remember that "growing up" doesn't mean you have to change who you are into some boring cog (Toontown reference ) or stop loving "childish" things. As Walt Disney said: "Adults are only kids grown up, anyways."

Pixie hugs and hot cocoa for you!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Farewell, beloved Hollow
View nevaeh's Photo Album
nevaeh's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Memory Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Winter 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Halloween 2013 Award Design A Silly Sweet Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Angelic
nevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queennevaeh met the Queen
Water Talent Tinker Talent
Heart

Aw, growing up can feel scary sometimes, but it's not as bad as it seems to right now, I promise!

The best part about growing up? Age is just a number.

You don't have to 'grow up' in a sense. Yes, there will be responsibilities that will need to be done as you grow, but you can stay childlike in your heart!

There are many grown ups on this site! (Myself included!) We have chosen to keep the spirit of Pixie Hollow in our hearts, and you will, too.

hugs!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Derp.
View Figfig's Photo Album
Figfig's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Cheerful
Figfig has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Animal Talent
Rainbow Adventurouz Spirit, Amber

Just remember, you're only just at the beginning of the greatest adventure of your life. By letting go of some things you loved, you're just making room for new things you'll love even more. Sure, growing up seems scary... But isn't that what everyone feels at the beginning of an adventure?

you know, maybe you're not scared. Maybe you're just a little nervous... But really excited. lol no, seriously!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
First things first: time for hugs!
I know how you feel. When I was starting to get older, I was completely terrified. I'm 85% sure that everyone goes through this panicky feeling of growing up. But, of course, that means all the more people to give advice!!

Though, everyone here has posted such amazing tips, so... I'm just going to double everything. Growing up and looking at your future can be really scary. But you've sort of got to take it one step at a time. Try not to fear what's coming--because its your future! You "call the shots"! Its your life, and you can live it however you want to. It doesn't matter what other people say--if you feel in your heart and mind that it's the right thing to do, then it probably is.
Going out and living in the moment is also important. Then, instead of looking back on what you could have done with regret, you can think about what you did do with pride. That whole idea just changes your entire outlook.
Also, staying on the bright side of things helps. Going through the whole getting older thing can be tough, since most people associate getting older = growing up mentally. But if you just try to stay true to yourself, and try to look on the bright side of things, it will help you get through even the most dire of situations.
Also: problems are temporary setbacks. "My Life is Over" moments don't actually last for the rest of your life. The sun always comes out after a rainstorm, every cloud has a silver lining, and every rainstorm brings out life in the world. (Go nature morals!) Just keep moving forward, and you'll find that you can... well... keep moving forward, past all of the problems of the past.
(Say goodbye to the pain of the past, we don't have to feel it anymore... Love is an Open DOOR!!!)
^ As you can see, I'm a firm believer in a positive outlook ^

Pixie hugs, sweetie! We've all got your back!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Derp.
View Figfig's Photo Album
Figfig's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Cheerful
Figfig has disabled reputation
Garden Talent Animal Talent
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn1234 View Post
First things first: time for hugs!
I know how you feel. When I was starting to get older, I was completely terrified. I'm 85% sure that everyone goes through this panicky feeling of growing up. But, of course, that means all the more people to give advice!!

Ingenious! Pure poetry! Magnificently put!

I agree wholeheartedly with every word!

Last edited by Onionleaf; 01-21-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: reduced quote size
Old 02-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Storywriter
View Seinahpet210's Photo Album
Seinahpet210's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Apprehensive
Seinahpet210 is a talented FairySeinahpet210 is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
You know what? Your parents are scared of you growing up, too. I don't know how old you are, but they've probably been realizing that you are growing up, and thinking, "Oh my goodness, she's going to be __ in just __ short years!!" So they're doing their best to prepare you. They're probably worried that they haven't been good enough parents to get you going on your own two feet when the time comes, but they're probably over-worrying too.

Everybody grows up pretty much at their own pace. You still have some years before you're out in the world, it sounds like. It's good that you're aware that that day is coming and it's good that you're taking it somewhat seriously. I think that'll help you grow up at a good pace--not too fast, not too slow. Try not to worry and just trust that you'll get there in your own time. There will come some days where you're emotionally ready to put some kid stuff behind you, and it'll surprise you that you're so calm about it. Or for some things, you'll suddenly discover one day that you haven't done that particular thing in a long time! And that you don't miss it too much, because there are other fun things to do now.

And then there'll be some things you just never can quite give up, and that's okay too. I'm a grown-up and I still LOVE coloring (with crayons!), and juvenile fiction will always be my favorite kind of book to read. Whatever those little things are for you that you keep with you as you grow up, they'll just become part of who you are as an adult. Or maybe some of them will transform into similar fun hobbies that have a more grown-up flair (for example, scrapbooking, or making real jewelry to sell).

Whatever happens, you're going to be okay. Enjoy your life as it is every day and watch yourself grow. Lots of hugs.

Last edited by Seinahpet210; 02-07-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:53 AM
Busy with Pets or Books
View AutumnNeversprite's Photo Album
AutumnNeversprite's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Autumn 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Thankful For Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
AutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Water Talent
ok so you know you neer really ever grow up trust me, and being an adult isn't too bad just means you have more work to do also go to someone that does taxes for a living to file yours it'll save you from wanting to hit your head on a wall trying to understand it all. ^^,
Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Misses Pixie Hollow
View alllthingspixiehollow's Photo Album
alllthingspixiehollow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Spring 2014 Award Memory Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 23

My Mood: Sick
alllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queenalllthingspixiehollow met the Queen
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I know how you feel, Amber. Pixie Hollow was pretty much my only place to just have fun a be a kid. Now that it's gone, I feel like Peter Pan without Neverland! I don't mind growing up, but it's nice to feel like a little kid sometimes. You just have to keep going and enjoy life as much as possible.

Profile picture by ElectroStorm, siggy by Cornflower! Thanks!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
We've all been there, but you know - "Time flies when you're having fun!" Remember all of the good - and bad- times. Keep a journal. Take pictures. Get out and have fun. Laugh often. Love wholeheartedly. Cherish your loved ones. and Love yourself.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 PM
❤️🌟❤️Hi I'm Kenzie!❤️🌟❤️
View kenzie404's Photo Album
kenzie404's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer Solstice Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Arcade Champ St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 64

My Mood: Butterfly-ish
kenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyerkenzie404 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent
I know how it feels too... I remember like it was just yesterday i was a little girl at elementary school playing four-square at the blacktop,having a good time and having that exciting feeling when i coming home from school because i couldn't wait to go back online and play Pixie hollow. Now its 2014... actually were in April of 2014!! almost the middle of the year! The year does pass by fast...My advice is to just to be prepared what life has in stored for us and live your life to the fullest!

~Kenzie