PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old What does YOUR name mean?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Is a Blaugrana Princess ♥
View Serendipity Stardance's Photo Album
Serendipity Stardance's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
Serendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent
I think my name it's because I like to see the bright side of the things. Serendipity means "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful while not specifically searching for it. And Stardance, its because I LOVE TO DANCE
Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
everyone has such interesting names!

My fairies names are Bayberry Bubbleweather. Bayberry is the Myrica plant ( another name for it) and is used in candles and its fruits. Bubble and weather mean bubble and weather lol. I actually didn't choose this name, it was a name that was the first one when I making the fairy and I didn't change it, so I really picked the name that was already given but I love it lol.

My other fairy is called Cypress, which is another plant, they are usually trees and it is kind of a group and it is the family name, that is what the only thing I can compare it to lol.

Both my fairies are named after plants, yay xD
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Here we are again
View The Rosey Trio's Photo Album
The Rosey Trio's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Torn
The Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the QueenThe Rosey Trio met the Queen
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
My turn :o

I chose " Rachel " because I always wanted to have the name in real life.

I chose Rosepetal... maybe because my friend is named Rose, or I just love roses.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 AM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
Out of all of my fairies only Nightfall's name means something.
She is a Light Talent fairy who puts the stars in the sky,
she makes night fall.

I just liked the name Twilight, I thought it sounded magical at the time.
That was before I knew about the Twilight books and movies, might
have chosen a different now if I were to make a fairy.

And I just thought Ella was a pretty name for a pretty fairy.

~Twi
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
(/ ● ◡<)/ ★ミ
View Cutesky's Photo Album
Cutesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
 May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Ethereal
Cutesky is a wiz at Fairy TagCutesky is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Water Talent Garden Talent

The moment those name slots showed up, I probably sat there for a while until
I thought about the sky. You know those colors the sky has when the sun sets to evening?
I couldn't describe it... Like
light pinkish-bits of light yellow-light and dark shades of purple-and blue.
Didn't know how to turn this into a name, so I chose the first word as "Cute" because those colors were cute. Heh.
So "Cutesky" it was
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the memories ♡
View Rosalina286's Photo Album
Rosalina286's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Resolutions Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award EKB Day Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'14 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Dreamy
Rosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast FlyerRosalina286 is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Garden Talent
I loved roses, definitely, so the last part came easily: 'Rosebloom'. But... eh, I was trying to search for a good first name (I like full names xD) and Vanessa just sounded good.

And I LOVE singing, so Melody was a great choice. I also like Sil and her awesome powers. So I chose 'dew' as the last word, and again, 'twinkle' just sounded right. So there came 'Melody Twinkledew!' Though I wish I never made her, as I don't play on her.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Olivia.. meaning "Place of the Elders" How Funny is that? She is my eldest fairy! Really I just liked the name Olivia hee hee

I have done some research! Flora means, "Born in Spring." (and she is a garden talent, how cool is that! AND... Phoebe means, "Bright Moon" That's pretty cool too because she is a water talent.. well there ya go!

Last edited by Olivia Diamondsky; 01-21-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Liri Sunwillow
View Solara's Photo Album
Solara's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 1

Solara is a talented Fairy
Light Talent
Liri Sunwillow is my name. Liri = musical (I can a little bit play the piano), willows are my favourite trees, and the sun part is for many reasons. <3
Old 11-28-2012, 04:14 AM
I Love Pixie hollow :)
View KarinaPixie's Photo Album
KarinaPixie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Terrific Spotter Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Spring 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Halloween'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Adventurous
KarinaPixie has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
Heart

My pixie name is the exact same as my actual name in reality.
And i really love it (:
Karina:Latin-Female-Variant of Catherine: Pure, clear. Form of the Latin 'Katharina', from the Greek 'Aikaterina'.
Italian-Female-Dear, beloved. From the feminine form of Italian 'cara' or the Latin 'carus'.
Greek Female-Variant of Katherine. Pure.
French-Female-Variant of Catherine: Pure, clear. Form of the Latin Katharina, from the Greek Aikaterina.
English-Male-Variant of Katherine. 'Pure.'.
English-Female-Modern variant of Katherine. Pure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Haha,As you can see it comes from many places but overall it means ''Pure'' ''Dear''.Also if you havent notice its also a boy name in the english language,And i remember i found out about this when i was in kindergarten and they were calling role and they said my name and i said ''Here!'' ''Not not you karina,the other karina'' (In my mind im like..''but i thought my name was girly?'')
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM
It Just Me?
View Bellflower Starflower's Photo Album
Bellflower Starflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Guess The Picture Winner's Award PHF's Oct'12 Design A Costume Participant's Award Autumn 2012 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Woot
Bellflower Starflower is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Bellflower Means Legend Of The Venus’s Looking Glass. I choose Starflower Because I love Stargazers!
Lavender means:
Lavender flowers are spike-like flowers composed of multiple, tiny purple florets on a slender, elegant stem,I love Lavenders too! Roseswirls because Again, I Love Flowers like Rose and Stargazers!
Dewdrop Because I am a Proud Silvermist favorite! Raindrop is also a water talent releated
Petunia Starfruit: Petunia is Flowers,Again! I love banana so I decide Star with a fruit.
And Last The Fairy that Is inactive is...
Chocolate Fancypebbles: Hee Hee! I love Chocolates! I hate Chocolates that have Almonds and Nuts. FancyPebbles is A Pretty Name

That's all my fairy names meaning!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Movin 2 France 4 good!!!!
View Sprinkles's Photo Album
Sprinkles's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Guess The Picture Winner's Award Pixie Resolution Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Thankful Award Halloween'12 Award PHF's Oct'12 Design A Costume Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Moving
Sprinkles is a talented FairySprinkles is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
I chose the name Sprinkles because thats my nickname on the mainland because I eat sprinkles on everything lol
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rill Wildspirit's Photo Album
Rill Wildspirit's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Sad
Rill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Rill was the second fairy I helped bring into existence. I planned for her to be completely 'other-worldly' and wanted her to be an animal talent (my first was a garden talent), so she had to be wild. So Wildspirit was perfect for her. And, although rill is a word that means a small brook, I used it to stand for the word real, since it sometimes is pronounced that way. She is a real wild spirit.

I usually like to name my fairies based on their talents or to reflect my conception of their character and personality.
Some exampes: Holly Dayspirit is my Christmas fairy (holiday spirit). Honey Moonbeam, light talent. Miranda Dappledew, water talent.

This is a fun and interesting thread. I have learned a lot about all of you.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 AM
loves Ventus <3
View Chocolate Magicgem's Photo Album
Chocolate Magicgem's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Riddle Contest Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Sleepyy
Chocolate Magicgem has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
My name on Pixie Hollow is Chocolate Magicgem, and Chocolate is a type of sweet..
Old 12-01-2012, 03:41 PM
omg i found fairyabc! :D
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
some may know this already, but since tinker talent wasn't a choice when it started and i couldn't otherwise get Tinker Bell as a name anyway (not that i expected to), i chose Littlebell as in "little Tinker Bell". shhh... don't tell Rosetta i said that!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Still so much to learn...
View AmberRosevine's Photo Album
AmberRosevine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Extra Life 2014 Award New Game Adventurer Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Party Animal's Award Pixie Resolution Award Make A Wish Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: BerryNice
AmberRosevine has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent
I have no idea what exactly my fairies' names meant, but I do know why I chose each name.

For my main fairy, Amber Rosevine, I chose Amber because her eyes is a light yellowish-brown, like amber. I choose Rose for the first part of her last name because it is one of my favorite flowers, and a part of my name meant a type of roses. I decided to add vine on the end to make Rosevine.

One of my other fairies, Sahara Purpleberry, was basically my character from another game. I just imagined how she would look as a pixie. I wanted to name the fairy a different name instead of Sahara, but it wasn't avilable to be chosen. I eventually chose Sahara since I thought it fits a light-talent. Purple was a part of the original character's name, and I just picked berry out of random since it can be purple.

Another fairy, Magenta Morningriver, was another character from a different game as a fairy. I also imagined how she would look as a pixie. This time, I can find neither the name that I originally wanted to name the fairy, nor any names that is similar or fits the character. Eventually, I chose Magenta as the first name. As for Morningriver, I thought the last name fits a water-talent fairy (There are other reasons too, but they are too difficult to explain.).