PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old What is your favorite book?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Always learning!
View Book Thing's Photo Album
Book Thing's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 
Total Awards: 150

My Mood: Wishful
Book Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magicBook Thing has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I loved the Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Anne of Ingleside will always be my favourite book of the series—it was the first book that ever made me cry.
I also love Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It's a wondrously well written novel that mixes fantasy, mystery, suspense and photography.
My favourite novel is No Great Mischief by Alistair MacLeod. I wasn't initially keen on reading it, but by the end, I found it absolutely beautiful and touching.

~Ruby.

Thank you, Hazel ♥

Last edited by Book Thing; 02-27-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:54 AM
aka Rainmuse
View Fragaria's Photo Album
Fragaria's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Pixie Resolution Award Riddle Contest Participation's Award Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 4

Fragaria is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent
When I was younger, my favorites ranged from The Little Prince, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Charlotte's Web, and Little Women, to the more recent Harry Potter series. I still love those books and like to re-read them every now and then. It's so difficult to pick a favorite now, but I love most of Jane Austen's novels, JRR Tolkien's works (especially The Hobbit, which I re-read every winter along with The Lord of the Rings if I have time), and novels by Alexandre Dumas.

This is such a good topic! I've written down some of the books you all have mentioned and can't wait to read them.

Last edited by Fragaria; 12-01-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Is in the best mood ever!
View Anime_creator's Photo Album
Anime_creator's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Summer 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Adventurous
Anime_creator is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
(Lol, I am updating mine :P )

Ok, so I do read a lot of manga, my favorite is beauty pop xD
But, other then mangas here are my favorite books. (In order from my favorites, to books that I enjoyed.)

1. Hunger games trilogy; The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay (Catching Fire is my favorite of them all! I love this series, I am obsessed)
2. The Percy Jackson Series (This includes the Heroes of Olympus. I am horribly addicted! Mark Of Athena is coming out in the fall!)
3. The Kane Chronicle Series
4. Harry Potter
5. Good Dog (By AVI)
6. The Magic Treehouse Series! (Read them all as a kid :P )
7. Warriors
8. Owls of Ga'Hoole
9. The Golden Compass
10. Inkheart & Inspell

There are a whole lot more, but it would just take forever to read them!!

~Izzy
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Lol Izzy, I also love a lot of the books you named!
I don't usually read a lot of AVI, since a lot of his books are more historical-fiction, but when I do, they're always very good.
I love the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, too! Kathryn Lasky is a very good author; have you read the Wolves of the Beyond series? It's also written by her.
And the Inkheart series is a special favorite. Inkspell and Inkdeath were also very good! Cornelia Funke is one of my favorite authors; I also loved The Thief Lord and several other books written by her!

Sig by Olivia, thankiis
Pixie Page | Profile | Shop | Userpage
Old 05-29-2012, 12:49 AM
•༺💕༻•Just Believe•༺💕༻•
View _Stormy_'s Photo Album
_Stormy_'s Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award May the Fourth 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 113

My Mood: Gaming
_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic_Stormy_ has mastered their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
My favorite book would definetly have to be "The Giver". For those of you who have not read this book, I highly recommend it! It is a very fascinating novel. I also love the R.L. Stine Fear Street series. Yes, they are predictable but I still love them, lol. I really love James Patterson, I could read his books over and over again. I love the classics, especially "Fahrenheit 451" and "The Outsiders", I highly recommend them both.

Books are a uniquely portable magic

Last edited by _Stormy_; 05-29-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:46 AM
Is a Pixie
View bayberry bubbleweather's Photo Album
bayberry bubbleweather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Happy Holidays'09 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Sleepyy
bayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queenbayberry bubbleweather met the Queen
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConverseGirl View Post
My favorite book would definetly have to be "The Giver". For those of you who have not read this book, I highly recommend it! It is a very fascinating novel. I also love the R.L. Stine Fear Street series. Yes, they are predictable but I still love them, lol. I really love James Patterson, I could read his books over and over again. I love the classics, especially "Fahrenheit 451" and "The Outsiders", I highly recommend them both.
I read the giver like in the beginning of the year, it was a good book , not my fav but still good , i love the outsiders though, one of the best books, i ended up feeling so sad for dally as he is my favorite character xD. another one of my favorite is the princess academy, one of the books i re-read over and over which left me with a happy feeling xD
Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 

Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I read The Giver for an English class book report before; it was a very good book with very stirring emotions.
And I sometimes enjoy R.L. Stine's Goosebumps for quick reads but have never really read other books that he has written, I'll have to check out the Fear Street series!

Sig by Olivia, thankiis
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Is in the best mood ever!
View Anime_creator's Photo Album
Anime_creator's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Summer 2012 Award Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Holidays'11 Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Adventurous
Anime_creator is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris_Waterdew View Post
Lol Izzy, I also love a lot of the books you named!
I don't usually read a lot of AVI, since a lot of his books are more historical-fiction, but when I do, they're always very good.
I love the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, too! Kathryn Lasky is a very good author; have you read the Wolves of the Beyond series? It's also written by her.
And the Inkheart series is a special favorite. Inkspell and Inkdeath were also very good! Cornelia Funke is one of my favorite authors; I also loved The Thief Lord and several other books written by her!
How did I forget those books?!?! I have read inkdeath, and the Wolves of Beyond. I skipped them... oops.
I'm also forgot Ranger's Apprentice! GAH!
I'm thinking about reading the Beyonders, have any of you read at leaste one of the books? If so, can you tell me if you liked it?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Is a Blaugrana Princess ♥
View Serendipity Stardance's Photo Album
Serendipity Stardance's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2013 Award Thankful Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Sugar-Rush
Serendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy ListSerendipity Stardance is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent
Heart

I have a lot of favorite books, but if I have to decide my favorite is:
The unbearable lightness of being by Milan Kundera
Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 PM
is mama to a new baby boy
View pinkstarlight83's Photo Album
pinkstarlight83's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 37

My Mood: Tired
pinkstarlight83 has made Fairy Mary's A listpinkstarlight83 has made Fairy Mary's A listpinkstarlight83 has made Fairy Mary's A listpinkstarlight83 has made Fairy Mary's A listpinkstarlight83 has made Fairy Mary's A list
Garden Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
For those of you that enjoyed the giver, there are actually two sequels to that book.

I love the inkheart series, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, there is a series that starts with Graceling, LOTR, the City of Ember series (minus the prophet of Yonwood yuck).
Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstarlight83 View Post
the City of Ember series (minus the prophet of Yonwood yuck).
Really? I rather enjoyed the Prophet of Yonwood, the "flashbacks" of Nikki were quite interesting. My favorite book from the City of Ember series would have to be the first one though.

Sig by Olivia, thankiis
Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Defy gravity!
View glitter8pony's Photo Album
glitter8pony's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award Summer 2015 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Wishful
glitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dustglitter8pony glows with pixie dust
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Daughters of the sea!

Its an amazing book! There are 3 books so far! The books are about girls who find out they are mermaids!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Believes laughter is LIFE
View JovialOne's Photo Album
JovialOne's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2014 Award Spring 2014 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 62

My Mood: Lazy
JovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy ListJovialOne is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I love the Dictionary & Thesaurus
Old 06-15-2012, 05:19 PM
BK
View Lilac Rosewillow's Photo Album
Lilac Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Riddle Participant's Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 3

Lilac Rosewillow has disabled reputation
I don't really know!!! I am avid book reader and love lots of books!! Some of my favs...
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Charlotte's Web, The Blue Day Book, Swordbird (and the sequel SwordQuest), The Invention of Hugo Cabret, The Witches, BFG, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Boy and Going Solo, The Familiars, Poppy and Rye, The Guardians of Ga'hoole series is also a must. There are lots and lots of books that I love!!! I don't really have a favorite yet!!!
-Lilac Rosewillow #keeponreading
Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 PM
BK
View Tiger_Mangolily's Photo Album
Tiger_Mangolily's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Riddle Participant's Award Summer 2012 Award Create A Wilderness Task Participant's Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Demure
Tiger_Mangolily is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Garden Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_creator View Post
(Lol, I am updating mine :P )

Ok, so I do read a lot of manga, my favorite is beauty pop xD
But, other then mangas here are my favorite books. (In order from my favorites, to books that I enjoyed.)

1. Hunger games trilogy; The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay (Catching Fire is my favorite of them all! I love this series, I am obsessed)
2. The Percy Jackson Series (This includes the Heroes of Olympus. I am horribly addicted! Mark Of Athena is coming out in the fall!)
3. The Kane Chronicle Series
4. Harry Potter
5. Good Dog (By AVI)
6. The Magic Treehouse Series! (Read them all as a kid :P )
7. Warriors
8. Owls of Ga'Hoole
9. The Golden Compass
10. Inkheart & Inspell

There are a whole lot more, but it would just take forever to read them!!

~Izzy
Wow Izzy, you listed all of my favorite books too! A few more I would add in is: The Thief Lord (Cornelia Funke), The Last Days of Merlin (Cornelia Funke), and The Mysterious Benedict Society Series (Trenton Lee Stewart)

Personally, I like all books of any genre, even non-fiction!

EDIT: I just remembered! I also LOVE the Maximum Ride series, there is such a good plot and I've read all the books!