PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Anyone read the original Peter Pan?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Is a Pixie
View Puck's Photo Album
Puck's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Easter 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Daring
Puck has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Love that poem, Evil! XD Especially the last line, Simply genius!

Wow, you didn't like Hook? I hate the concept, and Hook badly scripted in there, I think, but you should read the book by the scriptwriter of that movie. Simple amazing. It's called 'Capt. Hook: Tales of Notorious Youth' And the quote on the back says, "Even a villian can have a hero's heart." Brilliant book.

I also liked the effects and the beautiful imagry of Neverland in the movie Hook. What do you think?

Oh yes, the book is wonderful, if a little more gresome than the disney movie.

Last edited by Jezzi; 04-21-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: minor adjustment
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
"To die will be an awfully big adventure."
-Peter Pan

*Sigh...* What a great sentance.
I'm reading the original Peter Pan; 1-2 chapters every night.
I just finished the Mermaid's Lagoon chapter. Can't wait till tonight to see Peter escape!

Second star to the right and straight on till morning,
-Never
Old 04-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Hall of Fame
View Seabreeze's Photo Album
Seabreeze's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Valenpixie Day Award Summer 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Autumn 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot Pixie's 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Pixieish
Seabreeze is a Fast FlyerSeabreeze is a Fast FlyerSeabreeze is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I'm kind of the odd ball here and I find most fairy tales have "dark lining" if you know what I mean. For example the books Alice in Wonderland & Alice Through the Looking Glass I find to be very dark stories with some adult themes that are not understood by children. Disney, however, when they make these films take all of that away and make a very warm happy story, which I do love also.

When reading the novels of these stories, and you analyze the character interactions you notice some interesting things. I see the same thing with J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan. There is this whole theme where adult males all act unemotional and juvenille, much like Peter. The women in the novel are supposed to take on the mothering role. Wendy basically becomes the mother to Peter, the lost boys, John, and Michael. So much so that when they return home from Neverland, Michael is confused that Wendy is not his mother. In fact, all of the children almost forget about their real lives entirely, and as years go on Wendy's daughter, and granddaughter take on the mothering role to Peter. Also, Peter doesn't remember things easily, much like children. He forgets completely about Capt. Hook because he took care of him, and he has forgotten about Tinkerbell suggesting she is no more

It's interesting. I know I'm weird but I like to analyze these things. I think it goes to show you that there are good and bad things come from not growing up. It actually does have quite a few similarities to Alice and her experience in Wonderland. I think it is funny though how Disney transformed it into something entirely positive. This is great though, I have no problems with it. I like how Disney made it about recognizing the kid inside you and embracing that. I think it's a great message. I think J.M. Barrie gives off a similar message as well, it just has some consequences surrounding it all. I like to view things from many different angles.

Last edited by Tepcat; 01-24-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: language
Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Young Carer talent :D
View funlovingfairy's Photo Album
funlovingfairy's Fairy
My Mood: Sporkness
funlovingfairy has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Oh! I just finished Peter Pan! It's an awesome book! I have this really big hardback book, I found it in the attic and started reading it. Its a problem though, i cant take it to school to read It's too big to fit in my bag, coz my bag is TINY.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Older Fairy Younger Heart
View breezy roseblossom's Photo Album
breezy roseblossom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Sunshine
breezy roseblossom has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Happy Its Been Awhile ago.....

Yes I believe I have. It was a wonderful book. I love the way Barrie wrote it.

Since Ive been a little girl I always loved Peter Pan. Saw the movie (cept sorry my favorite Childhood Disney Movie was Lady & the Tramp saw it in 1956 it was my birthday party & about 10 of my friends & I went to see it...childrens prices were so much reasonalble in those days matinees were a quarter to get in)& Loved it! Also Saw the Ice Capades Version of Peter Pan Starring Donna Atwood ( Ill tell about that in another thread)
Old 01-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Writing-Talent Fairy
View Elva Wildleaf's Photo Album
Elva Wildleaf's Fairy
My Mood: Bouncy
Elva Wildleaf has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Yep. Peter Pan was an awesome read!

-Elva
Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
I've read it as well, I liked it when it was said that Tinker Bell was called such because she liked to tinker with...clocks, was it? I seem to recall that it was said she fixed clocks in her fairy home. But I could be wrong.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Yes, I have the original book, many originals! Evil bunny I have a question for you ...Why does your bar thing only say Talent: Light ???? Are you really that evil? Just wondering dont get upset Bunny.......Olivia
Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Is a Pixie
View Cranberry Peachwillow's Photo Album
Cranberry Peachwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

Cranberry Peachwillow is a talented FairyCranberry Peachwillow is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
That's kinda freaky... My mom and I were just talking about the original Peter Pan a couple of nights ago...
Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 AM
needs more garlic!
View Garlicbreath's Photo Album
Garlicbreath's Fairy
Awards Showcase
International Fairy Day Award 2013 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Adventurous
Garlicbreath has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Light Talent
books are always better than the movies. and i agree the 2003 peter pan movie rocked! anyone need a thimble?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:52 AM
The Quenchiest
View CactusJuicy's Photo Album
CactusJuicy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Asleep
CactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I have always loved the story of Peter Pan and just a couple years ago I read the original book for the first time and I really love it! It is one of my favorite books alongside Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Old 09-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Autobot
View Dinobot's Photo Album
Dinobot's Fairy
My Mood: Heroic
Dinobot is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Never got the chance to read it to be honest.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:15 AM
Is a Pixie
View Alexia Cricketsong's Photo Album
Alexia Cricketsong's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Riddle Contest Participation's Award Design a Potion Participation's Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Cheesy
Alexia Cricketsong has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Still my all-time favorite fairy tale, and I'm a HUGE fan of the elusive Fox's version, which was an awesome TV series with far too short of a lifespan.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I have seen the cartoon and the book, I have read it, but it's totally different from the movie.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM
[email protected] viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
It sounds really good. I will look for it at my local library and look up some info on it online