PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other Games > Other G-Rated Games

Other G-Rated Games Discuss other games you play here.

Old SWTOR - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM
omg i found fairyabc! :D
View Littlebell's Photo Album
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
SWTOR - Star Wars: The Old Republic

i couldn't find a topic for this, so i thought i'd start one. anyone (else) playing this?

i think it's only been around about a year, as they just did some kind of first anniversary thing in-game. it originally launched as P2P-only; i tried it last year on their 15 level trial (no time limit).

what made me think about it again is LotRO (Lord of the Rings Online) was just down for a few *days* of maintenance, so i checked this one again. i had activated a "security key" app for the game when i signed up, and starting when they went F2P last November, i apparently started getting 100 CC (Cartel Coins) per month - just for having the security key app. between that and the current sales they're having in the Cartel Market, i had 500 CC and managed to pick up their "newcomers bundle" that was on sale for 405 CC, which included the speeder pilot skill and a basic speeder. no more running everywhere on foot.

i normally don't try to put too many dollar$ (if any) into "alternate" games, but they appear to have something similar to LotRO in that if you spend *any* money in their store you're no longer F2P but "preferred" or "premium", which unlocks a few more things (permanently). the minimum seems to be $4.99 for 450 CC, so i might try that to get the unlocks and save the CC for later.

i'm also finding out that, unlike LotRO, their unlocks aren't applied immediately; instead, you're given an (unbound) item that your character uses to unlock the feature (either per character or account wide, depending on which version of the unlock you purchase). some players seem to prefer "credits" (the in-game coin), and are apparently buying unlocks with CC and then selling them on the GTN (Galactic Trade Network) for credits. looks like you can buy almost anything on the GTN...
Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
View Lila Starshine's Photo Album
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Magical
Lila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I have never played this, but I LOVE Star Wars! I'm not a very good gamer though, would I be ok at this game? I can look this stuff up later, too, but what are the system requirements? I think I might have to check it out
Old 02-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Autumn 2013 Award Scavenger Hunt Winner's Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award 

Littlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy ListLittlebell is on Tink's Buddy List
here's the tech info from the game site:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wars: The Old Republic
What are the system requirements for the game?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.
Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)
Internet connection required to play.
there isn't a Mac version, but for anyone with an Intel based Mac that has (or can get) Windows on a Boot Camp partition, it'll work that way. here's what i'm using (from System Information):
  • MacBook Pro
  • Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
  • Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
in my case, i have Windows 7 set up as a Boot Camp partition, but i'm running it as a Parallels 7 VM (virtual machine) with 1 CPU core and 4 GB memory allocated to the VM. With the game graphics defaults set to "very low" on both LotRO and SWTOR, LotRO appears to perform better; but that may be due to the VM - i don't think i've tried SWTOR without it.

as far as being a "good gamer", on a scale of 1-4, i'd probably rate myself a 2 (somewhat based on XBox Live "gamer zones" of family, recreation, pro, and underground). that being said, i'm currently level 54 (of 85) on LotRO and level 18 (of 50) on SWTOR. i've seen plenty of others "play circles around me", but i'm not playing to out-do everyone else; i'm playing just to play.

without copying/pasting the entire web site, here's a bit more info about the game:
  • the game itself is both free-to-play (F2P) and pay-to-play (P2P); F2P launched last November
  • the in-game "coins" are "credits" (like PH ingredients)
  • the in-game "currency" is "Cartel Coins" (like PH diamonds)
  • the time frame is set ~3000 years before the movies, so you're not going to run into anyone "(in)famous"
  • there are 2 "factions": Republic and Empire
  • each has 4 "classes"; half use the Force, half don't
  • when you get to level ~15, you can choose from 1 of 2 "subclasses" to specialize in
  • you get the ship for your class at level ~15 when you complete your class quest chain up to that point
  • i think you can earn the speeder pilot skill around level 25, or buy it with Cartel Coins in the Cartel Market (in-game store), or with credits on the Galactic Trade Network (if another player is selling it)
  • you get a companion starting around level 7, and others (up to 5 total i think) as you complete your class quests
  • some companions have "romance" dialog, depending on the companion and how you answer quest questions (usually answers tagged "[Flirt]")
  • there are 3 types of crew skills: gathering (4), crafting (10), and mission (4); F2P only gets 1, but you can have/unlock up to 1 of each type
  • the game interface has "quick bars" where you can place various skills that can be used either by clicking on them or by pressing the corresponding key (12 keys, "1"..."=", with shift/control/alt modifiers)
  • it's kind of like LotRO and PotCO in terms of quests, although more like PotCO in terms of "visual" interaction with quest givers.
  • quest responses sometimes have light/dark "alignment" choices, which give points of that type

also, here's an in-game screen shot of what it looked like when i was doing the 15 level trial last year before F2P launched. hope this all helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 4.08.23 PM.jpg (150.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award 

Lila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy ListLila Starshine is on Tink's Buddy List
Thank you so much for the info! This all sounds so good! I will have to try the game, I'll let you know once I get set up. I love that I can have a droid companion, I yours ^_^
Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase

you're welcome! by the way, the companions are class-specific, so if you'd like T7-01, you'd need to choose the Jedi Knight class.

if you're looking for me, you'll find my main "Abecidus" on the Jedi Covenant server (PvE, east coast). i've also recreated my Jedi Consular "Li'bell", although i haven't started any of the quests yet.

oh and fyi, you'll find descriptions of all the classes and sub-classes on the game site. if you're after a particular "look" or style of play, you'll find that the Jedi Sentinel (Knight sub-class, like my main) can dual wield lightsabers, while the Jedi Shadow (Consular sub-class) can use a double-bladed lightsaber. for Li'bell, i'm probably going to choose Jedi Sage (ranged/healing role).

have fun, and may the Force be with you.

"A Padawan who was stronger in the Force at four years old, than I was at fifteen? Gifted students need greater challenges."
-- Master Yuon Par, Jedi Consular Trainer
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase

It took a long time to install, but I was able to create my character (she's a Jedi Counselor, Lilastarshine lol as one long name) and I started the first mission, but I died right away and realized the tutorial hadn't told me how to block yet :P Is my character stuck on the first server that I chose? Or can she move?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Littlebell's Fairy
Awards Showcase

from other posts in the SWTOR forum, i don't think they're doing server transfers right now (they did at one point when they set up new servers, i think just to let players transfer characters from high population servers to newer/closer servers). on LotRO, they charge $24.95 to do that, and there are some limits/restrictions as well (i.e. you keep your items, but not your home, kinship, or kinship home). if you want to be on another server, you might just want to start over on that server. i was "defeated in combat" several times when first starting, just trying to figure out how everything worked.

oh, and i don't know if this might make a difference for you, but i should probably mention something about "legacy surnames". from one of the wiki pages:

Quote:
The Legacy System is a game mechanic which links all of your characters on the same server together, and provides cross-character rewards and benefits. The system is unlocked once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline. You will then be able to designate a Legacy Last Name that is shared across all characters on that server, players can have identical Legacy Last Names. You will also be allowed to create a family tree which is made up of other characters you have created on that server.
not sure how common "Lila" is or if it's in use (maybe L'ila or Li-la?), but when you complete the chapter 1 storyline, you can probably get "Starshine" as your legacy surname. very fitting for the SWTOR universe.

Last edited by Littlebell; 02-23-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:08 AM
Still Tinkertastic ♥
Lila Starshine's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Now that I don't have Pixie Hollow to play anymore, I want to give this another go! I'll play in the correct server (Jedi Covenant) and keep in mind that I can get a legacy surname later on I really liked all of the option to customize my character, that was my favorite part, but I'm sure I can learn enough to survive a few quests!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
I have been a life-long Star Wars fan and when I saw both this and KOTOR, I immediately wanted to by/join them. But when I found out how inappropriate they both are (especially TOR), I decided not to join which is a real shame because the games look so awesome! I understand the "T" rating, but not even the movies and the TV show had some of the stuff the games have. Aw well. Maybe when I'm older I'll try it out, but at the moment I can't because my parents won't let me and I don't like some of the stuff the game creators have put in there. Glad you guys enjoy it.

(Shae Vizla rocks!!!)

P.s. You guys are (slightly) making me want to join.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:16 AM
PEACE AND LOVE!!!!
View guardianluna2003's Photo Album
guardianluna2003's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Blah
guardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyerguardianluna2003 is a Fast Flyer
Light Talent Water Talent
Never played this game. But been a long time Star Wars fan. I a child when the first movie came out. I cannot wait for the movie next year. I just hope Disney does not ruin the story. But George Lucas trusted them and its his baby.

The game sounds fun but i am a VIP on a another virtual game and cost money. Have fun.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:43 AM
Camelot will Rise Again
View Alexa Diamondflower's Photo Album
Alexa Diamondflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Tooth Fairy Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 63

My Mood: Chocoholic
Alexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magicAlexa Diamondflower has mastered their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Okay. So, hehheh, I played Knights of the Old Republic and.. EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, then, I recently made an account on The Old Republic MMORPG and EEEEEEE!!!!!! I LOVE IT TOO!!!!!! Here is some info on my character

Name: Lithanel
Species: Zabrak
Jedi Rank: Knight/Guardian
Level: 13
Legacy: The Xanora Legacy
Side: Light

Feel free to add me on the game. I'm doing the Black Sun quest (and a bunch of other side quests) right now. I have to save Doctor... Tarnis, is his name... I think. Oh, and the game isn't really inappropriate. It all depends on the choices you, as a player, make.

P.s. You can download "Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic" on your iPhone. That's how I played the game.

Last edited by Alexa Diamondflower; 03-01-2015 at 07:00 AM.