PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All discussion of PH's closing *mega thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Is a Pixie
View Moonfyre's Photo Album
Moonfyre's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Sad
Moonfyre has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineTrinityPosy View Post
I know, I feel the exact same way. I have had Trinity for 5 years and in one month I am never going to see her again.
Couldn't they do something else first before they totally close it down? Like make PH members only? I know that sounds mean and I'm sorry but it would weed out A LOT of space that they have to pay for. Also maybe more people would pay to be there. IDK I am grasping at straws now.

I've had Quicksilver for 4 years... my other 2 fairies for 3 years. I can't understand why Disney would shut down Pixie Hollow completely! there are so many members that play!! I pay to play and I have no problem doing so if it would help keep the Hollow open!!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Scared Farewell in September!

I'm going to miss you all when pixie hollow closes! I do go on animal jam and my user on there is Tay3326 and I also go on club penguin again my user is LunaScar. I'm gonna miss y'all :'(
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM
#SaveTheHollow
View StellaTheTinkerr's Photo Album
StellaTheTinkerr's Fairy
My Mood: Lonely
StellaTheTinkerr has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent
No!! Why!?!

Can you believe Pixie Hollow is closing!?! I know i'm new and have not played for very long but i LOVE this game and i made a few AMAZING friends on there that i will dearly miss. I hope to stay in touch with my fairy friends on the forums... Does anyone know specifically why it is closing If you do please comment below because i really want to know why the Hollow is closing! I am really going to miss playing Pixie Hollow But one thing we all need to do is not think of the future, we just need to live for now and enjoy the time we have left on this amazing game we all know and love! I'm just devastated Well that's pretty much all i have to say about it... Hope to fly with ya later in the next few weeks we have...
Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Listening to LET IT GO!:D
View xXKitty_LunaXx's Photo Album
xXKitty_LunaXx's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 PHF 2016 Word Unscramble Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2016 Award Summer 2016 Award 2016 Happy Valentine's Day Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Exasperated
xXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy TagxXKitty_LunaXx is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent
Heart

My sister said its because they weren't making enough MONEY! Where is the magic! Well it's going to be gone! Sign that petition!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:14 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Couldn't they at least let us keep our Pixie Pages? Like pre-beta Pixie Hollow. At least then we could see our fairies, decorate their homes, and leave messages for our friends.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbelle View Post
Couldn't they at least let us keep our Pixie Pages? Like pre-beta Pixie Hollow. At least then we could see our fairies, decorate their homes, and leave messages for our friends.
That would be absolutely flaptastic! Except there's a problem that Pixie Pages runs on the same software as the game, so if the reason for closure was because of the obsolete software, then I doubt they would accept such an idea. Plus, all the fairies would still need to be accessible from some server, and it seems like they're really trying to cut all ties with the game.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 AM
I belong to Ph </3
View daisygreenswamp's Photo Album
daisygreenswamp's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Memory Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
daisygreenswamp is a Fast Flyerdaisygreenswamp is a Fast Flyerdaisygreenswamp is a Fast Flyerdaisygreenswamp is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
In my opinion i think it has something to do with sueing and lawsuits, for kids cloning and bullying. Sad huh? i just havent been the same.. but hey i smiled today! Yeah, sign the thingy and take screen shots of your fairies while you can! But please.. dont shut down the forums too... its all we have left of pixie hollow... for now .-.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:45 AM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
My ''experiments'' of the closing of Pixie Hollow

(Sorry if in wrong spot mods)

I did a little ''experimenting'', what you wish to call it, to understand a little bit better of the closing of not only Pixie Hollow, but of Toon Town and The Pirates of the Caribbean online.

I found three possible reasons of why Pixie Hollow, TT, and POTCO might be closing. It could be all of them, one of them, or two of them. I don't know for sure yet.
  1. Pixie Hollow wants to stop supporting TT and POTCO because they want to focus on apps for phones, upgrading their new Disney.com, pampering Club Penguin, and working on their new video game, ''Disney Infinity''.
  2. They ran out of money to support POTCO, PH, and TT and Club Penguin is a cheaper game to keep open.
  3. Bugs have been spreading through flash player that eat up code(s), and Pixie Hollow has to close down because it is a flash game and is being effected by the bugs. (Which would explain bugs that have been reported by players)

And when they say, ''New Disney Fairies website'', they just mean a few pages on Disney.com that have some explaining and fun things to do with the Disney Fairies.

A whole new version of Pixie Hollow might open up, completely different, if number 3 is true. And if that does happen, I have many questions for Disney: Can we get our fairies back from the first Pixie Hollow? Will the game be 2d or 3d? Will it have the same buttons, games, shops, etc, from the first Pixie Hollow? Will old friends be retrieved? Will it be a new, modern version of Pixie Hollow? Will it follow the plots for Disney books, or movies?
    And more...

But if number 3 is the case, then I hope Pixie Hollow will tell us of a new site when September 19th is nearing.

If number 1 is the case, then it could be true that, Pixie Hollow will be closed forever.

And about purchases:
    There is no refund for Pixie Diamonds. Enjoy them while you have them! All players are now equals until the game closes, as in all free members. As of August 20, 2013 paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Pixie Hollow.

If you have any other information of closing, feel free to share.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 AM
Inactive for a while
View AznSilver's Photo Album
AznSilver's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Pretty
AznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A listAznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A listAznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A listAznSilver has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Water Talent
Is Pixie Hollow closing FOREVER??
Why is it closing?
(I'm a bit behind)
We all worked very hard on our fairies, and they're taking it all away!!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:32 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
It looks that way, Sil.

Here is the FAQs page about Pixie Hollow closing.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
@AznSilver:

Yes, the Never Council announced yesterday that Pixie Hollow is closing for good, as well as Toontown and Pirates Online. Club Penguin is staying. The Disney Fairies Boutique App will be taken off the App Store, but if you have it downloaded already you can still play it.
After September 19, 2013, you will not be able to access the Hollow AND your fairies. No pixie pages, no accounts, no PH website.
According to their FAQ they are closing because Disney is putting more money into newer games and apps. We're guessing they mean Club Penguin and Disney Infinity.
There are tons of rumors going around about the game platform being outdated, viruses eating the game software, a new pixie hollow to be released, etc. None of these are confirmed to be true.

Last edited by Julie Sunripple; 08-22-2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: September 19 not 20 :P
Old 08-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
There's a thing we can sign to Save Pixie Hollow! It needs 5,000 people to sign it tho, but there's only 500 and something right now! Please sign it! And then there's a lot of Save Pixie Hollow Clubs on Pixie Hollow right now, join a lot of them! I hope this works. Any other ideas? Save Pixie Hollow! - Daisy GlitterConfetti
Old 08-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Is a Pixie
View kyliesapphire1978's Photo Album
kyliesapphire1978's Fairy
My Mood: Bookworm
kyliesapphire1978 has chosen their Fairy magic
Animal Talent
They are also closing the Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique on September 19th too. It says in the FAQs that you can still play it but with more limited functionality. Does anyone know what that means? Cause I play the game on my iPhone. Going to miss playing Pixie Hollow. And I was looking at getting a membership in the future so that I would not miss out on things like certain badges, games, and furniture.

"Is the Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique mobile app also closing?

Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique will no longer be available on the App Store as of September 19, 2013. If you have already downloaded the game on your device, you can continue playing it with more limited functionality.

For more Fairy fashion fun, be sure to check out the new Pixie Party Couture game at the official Disney Fairies website."
Old 08-22-2013, 02:30 AM
a pixie & mom of 3pirates
View elfarie's Photo Album
elfarie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Summer Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 47

My Mood: Artistic
elfarie is a talented Fairyelfarie is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
I wish there was some way to pay and download pixie hollow to my computer. I would pay a pretty penny just to be able to fly in and decorate my home and dress my fairies. "Limited" play would be so much better than NOTHING. I am still crying, I am so sad.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:36 AM
View Misty_12's Photo Album
Misty_12's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 68

My Mood: BusyBee
Misty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy ListMisty_12 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
I agree! I'd much rather have limited play than nothing. I'm still crying, too.