PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Photoshop Elements 9: A Simple Signature (Tutorial)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Goodbye!
View Jillian Snowdew's Photo Album
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 56

My Mood: Sad
Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Tinker Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
My mom banned me from using her computer. Elements is in it, so, I am stuck with the standard version! I tried doing the cropping in a picture of Minister of Spring, good thing too, now, I have a brand new picture for the distorted disney picture game.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
I hope the Lasso tool can work out for you Jillian
I am the only one in my family incredibly obsessed with graphics, so I am the only one who has any version of Photoshop, or, in fact, any knowledge of it
Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Goodbye!
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award 

Jillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy ListJillian Snowdew is on Tink's Buddy List
Heya, Iris!
While taking the lasso tool and making a selection-there are three choices:
1. New selection.
2.Add to selection.
3.Subtract from selection.
4.Intersevt selection.
Then there is a box to check or uncheck saying- Anti-Aliased.
What should I do?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 

Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Hey Jillian!
When you click on the lasso tool, the default should be New Selection, which is what I click.
Check Anti-Aliased, because an anti-aliased image will have better resolution with lesser chances of jagged lines if you stretch the image than a non anti-aliased image.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Goodbye!
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Can you help me and tell me how to put the background and the glow?
So far, I progressed to this level.

Last edited by Jillian Snowdew; 11-12-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
That's how I did it Jillian, except that I see your fairy is transparent. In the layers panel, there is a space you can adjust Layer Opacity. If you switch it to 100%, the fairy will be opaque.

For the background, find one you like and copy it. You can copy it in 2 ways: Right-clicking on the background and choosing "Copy" and going back to the Photoshop window and going to Edit --> Paste. Or you can open it in Photoshop, press Ctrl+A, then pressing Ctrl+C, and then going back to your signature and pressing Ctrl+V.

For glow, look to the bottom right of your screen. There will be an "fx" sign. Double click on the "fx" symbol and an effects chart will come up. You can adjust glow, bevel, shadow, and more in the "fx" chart.
(if that doesn't work, I'm sorry. Somebody once told me that was where you got the "fx" symbol on Standard CS5, but I have no idea if that is how you do it since I have Elements 9)
Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 PM
just vibing
View kass101's Photo Album
kass101's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Boo!
kass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris_Waterdew View Post
Jillian, you can download it online for free
Just Google something like, "Free PDF Creator" or something similar and there will be many options for you!
Are you sure it is completely free?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Yes. PDF Creator is free, as well as PDF Lite. I will double check again to make sure ~ thanks for asking again, but I wouldn't post something without making sure it was true
Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Pixie Mom Extraordinaire
View June Rosewillow's Photo Album
June Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Contented
June Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the Queen
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by kass101 View Post

Are you sure it is completely free?
Kass, I downloaded a free PDF creator program a while back. It acts just like a "printer" meaning that when you go to your fairy page to print your fairy and it gives you the option to select which printer you'd like to use, you just select the PDF creator program instead and--voila! It's makes a PDF for you! Just do what Iris suggested and search for a free one.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:16 PM
just vibing
View kass101's Photo Album
kass101's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Thanksgiving 2017 Award Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Boo!
kass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy Listkass101 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Okay I found it but, I might download it later, because I don't know how my mom would react to it... I found it, I will try the 2 week trial first.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Goodbye!
Jillian Snowdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Iris, must I adjust the glow before or after putting the background? Cause the glow keeps coming around the entire background!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Jillian, you can do it either way, but always know which layer you are working on. If you added the glow while working on the background layer, the glow would go on the background layer. If you added the glow while working on the fairy layer, the glow would go on the fairy layer.
Click on a layer to work on it.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 AM
music is what i breathe
View vilmadebora's Photo Album
vilmadebora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
vilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Ahh! There is magnetic lasso thing!? And all this time I've been taking YEARS to crop something! And you didn't tell me before?
You learn something new everyday. Thanks Iris, this is very well illustrated and explained!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Water Talent
Thank you Nightshadow Glad you learned something, lol!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 AM
music is what i breathe
View vilmadebora's Photo Album
vilmadebora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
vilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
There is a magnetic lasso thing. Like it has been there since I got PS7 and I hadn't noticed this whole year! Like am looking at my screen and there it is!