PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies Minigames and Quests

Fairies Minigames and Quests Talk about the various minigames and quests around the realm

Old Petal Pick Up Theory

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Indigo Carrotflower
View mbdc's Photo Album
mbdc's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Double Puzzle Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Excited
mbdc has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I've had so many problems trying to get the high score in this game, but I think I've finally figured out an easy way to do it. The main thing is to keep getting 'perfect' levels, I do it by making a bunch of small loops (1-2 petals in each loop). I'm glad you were able to do it by making big loops, Classik, but for some reason I just can't get big groups of petals like that. I was well on my way to getting the high score finally, when my internet pooped out at level 49!!!

Anyway, in order to get a 'perfect' you have to make sure you loop each one perfectly, don't let bees break your line and make sure you have the same petal in the loop. If you see a bee coming your way, just click off of the loop to cancel it. Whenever you're looping your extras like more time, no wind, no bees, make sure you either have no petals in that loop or the same kind of petal. Each perfect level you get gives you an extra life. I was up to 16 extra lives when my internet pooped out, so I'm not CERTAIN that it works, but my plan was to get to the last level and not finish it, just getting all but one petal and using the extra lives until I had enough points to get the high score badge. I had around 33,000 points at level 39, so I don't think you'd even have to have that many extra lives to get the badge at 40,000. Anyway, once I get enough time to try it again, I will let you know how it goes and take screenshots, I just wanted you all to know what was working for me in case any of you were still having problems getting this badge like I was!

Recap:
Make many small loops with one or two petals in each loop.

Make sure that bees keep away from your loops, you don't accidently make a loop with nothing inside, and that the petals inside are all the same to get a perfect level.

On the last level, loop all but the last petal and keep using your 'extra' lives to earn more points!

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Goodbye! <3
View Autumn Sunshimmer's Photo Album
Autumn Sunshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Signature Donation Award Shop Till We Drop Pixie Parade Skillful Shopper's Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 48

My Mood: Moving
Autumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the QueenAutumn Sunshimmer met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Thanks for the tips! I was wondering why when I completed the game that I didn't get the high score and I now know why, but I am afraid I might never fine the time to try again!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:11 AM
Indigo Carrotflower
View mbdc's Photo Album
mbdc's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I finally did it!!
Using the method I described above, I just gave it another shot and was finally able to get the high score badge! For some reason when I hit my print screen button to show the last level it didn't work, but I only needed to use two of my extra lives to get enough points. I think I ended up with around 40,200. I'm definitely going to make this one my favorite badge, what a pain in the keyster!

A couple more tips, make sure you loop at least two petals in the higher levels (after level 36) or you won't get your 'perfect level'. Also, you can get perfects in the bonus levels too. I had a really hard time getting perfect levels if I didn't make small loops in the bonus levels because there are so many petal types floating around. At any rate, stay patient and remember that level 51 is the last level. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Has Left the Hollow :(
View Sunlight's Photo Album
Sunlight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Award Spring 2010 Award Happy Valentine's Day Double Puzzle Winner's Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Boo!
Sunlight is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent
Uh, what a horrible game. Thanks for all these tips. I'm going to try for the high score badge.

Edit: Yay! I just got the badge. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Sunlight; 01-27-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Indigo Carrotflower
View mbdc's Photo Album
mbdc's Fairy
Awards Showcase

You're welcome! Good luck!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Searching....
View Jezzi's Photo Album
Jezzi's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Winter 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 84

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond reputeJezzi is a Fairy beyond repute
Garden Talent Animal Talent Animal Talent
Congratulations mbdc!! That is awesome! I totally respect anybody who can get this badge as this is one that I have not been able to get nor thought it possible because of the horrendous lag. However (when I next have time) I will certainly try your tips as they seem better suited for laggy computers... um yea, maybe I'll have the time next year

Credits ~ Signature: Alyce Natalie ~ Profile: Twilight ~ Avatar: SweetCupcake ~ Thank you!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM
dancing for the holidays!
View MistyMay's Photo Album
MistyMay's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Leap Year Award 2012 Happy Valenpixie Day Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 29

My Mood: Mellow
MistyMay is a talented FairyMistyMay is a talented Fairy
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzi View Post
um yea, maybe I'll have the time next year
Hahahhahaaa! This badge took me forEVER! I really do not like petal pick up at all, and since I have a laggy computer too, it was especially hard. It was really funny, I ended up having this obsession, like I HAD to get it. However, unlike with bubble bounce, after I finally got the badge, I didn't start liking the game. At all.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Indigo Carrotflower
View mbdc's Photo Album
mbdc's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Way to go, Sunlight!! I'm so happy I could help!!

I know what you mean, MistyMay. I'm having the same obsession with Water Web, I can't seem to get the hang of it at all!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Is a Pixie
View Cranberry Peachwillow's Photo Album
Cranberry Peachwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Summer 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 3

Cranberry Peachwillow is a talented FairyCranberry Peachwillow is a talented Fairy
Animal Talent
Yay! Thank you so much! I finally got the badge! I tried probably about 10 times but I got it. (Just barely. I was only 2000 points over 40,000. o.o
Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Founding Fairy
View Hope Mistytwinkle's Photo Album
Hope Mistytwinkle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award Guess The Picture Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 34

My Mood: Inspired
Hope Mistytwinkle has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Now I may be able to get my High Score Badge too. Thank you!. need quite a few breaks playing this game. Those darn bees are pesky little things. lolz.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Mmmmm...vanilla!!
View vanillabug's Photo Album
vanillabug's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner -Retired Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Winner's Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Charming
vanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queenvanillabug met the Queen
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
I know this in an old thread, so I thought I would update it and let you know about a change that has been made to Petal Pick Up.

Many fairies have been able to get a high score of over 40,000 using their extra "chances" to get additional points. That no longer works. If you run out of time and have to use another "chance", your score is reset to what you had at the beginning of that level. Such a bummer!!!!

I've been trying for 3 years to get the High Score badge, still with no success. My last attempt ended with a score of 37,585. Oh well, this fairy is NOT good at games! Hee hee!

Siggy by the ever so talented Twilight!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Is a Pixie
View EmeraldGuardian_04's Photo Album
EmeraldGuardian_04's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Summer 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 2

EmeraldGuardian_04 has disabled reputation
Do you have any tips for Petal Pick-Up?

Hello, everyone! I was playing Petal Pick-Up, however I'm not that very good in it.. I don't usually score high points in this game. Do you have any tips for Petal Pick-Up? If so, you're welcome to share some.

~Infinity Magicspirit