PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars

Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars Movie Production, Artwork, Animations, Sounds and other creative things to do with Pixie Hollow and Disney.

Old Art improvement (oh well... maybe a little bit improvement)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 05:17 AM
Getting to Know You
View Julie Dazzleshimmer's Photo Album
Julie Dazzleshimmer's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Arcade Champ July the 4th Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 PHF Winter Award 2016 Arcade Champ 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: QuiteMad
Julie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Dazzleshimmer is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent
Oh, Alyce, all of your artwork is nothing but beautiful! I love have always loved the techniques you use to draw. I cannot wait to see more!

Also, your English is better than you think it is. You even write better than some of my (lazy) native English-speaking friends! Just remember to be persistent with your practice.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Thank you for your wonderful comments with my pictures everyone (oh yeah, and also my English, which I think I should improved more because my friends says so).
Spoiler for Old Stuffs:

I'm finished with the face and the hat, but I haven't start the hair yet, so here's the drawing progress:

Click the image to view the full version

I really enjoy specially on drawing the hat and the poker cards, it really makes my joy fills up. And here's the close-up of the hat (I know it looks a bit rough, lol):

I draw the sparkles by myself. What do you think?

Oh dear, and I think I spend so much time on this thing! I have forget to study for the exam that's approaching soon. I will pause the drawing for awhile, and focus on studying, and will soon continues when the exam finishes. I hope you're all *patient* enough to wait for the results (lol, not sure about the word of 'patient enough'). Thankkiess

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Your new drawings look outstanding, Alyce! I can't wait to see more!
Old 11-29-2015, 03:12 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Oh woooow! Look at all that detail, your outfit will surely be fit for the Queen's Boutique!
Best wishes for your exam, it is most important to prepare for it. I haven't always spent the right amount of time on my studies and have paid the price for it, so I recommend to all students to study properly. We'll be right here to see more of your progress once you've sat your exam.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 11-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 

Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Spoiler for Old Stuffs:
Hello guys, I think this is my last drawing before the term exam (because I might going to pause drawing after this, but if I have a spare time, I will continue drawing and post the step 4 and etc. in this drawing), so I will post the step 4 of the drawing:

and also, the step by step of the hair in gif version:

Narrated version (I'm in bit hurry of typing this, so please excuse me if there's any typos or any wrong spelling, thanks):
  1. I draw the outline of the hat (you see the messy-flat color one).
  2. Then, I draw the hair outline (doesn't have to be very tidy, because it will not very appear in the final results).
  3. Next, I draw the darker version of the hair (not the darkest one), but I must start to get pretty neat with this one, because this part will starts to appear in the final result of the drawing.
  4. Then, I draw the darkest color of the hair, with some tidy shades of tablet, the "sectioned" (not sure about the word itself) hair is inspiration from Foxstripe's 3D fairy below:
  5. After that, I remove the rough lines with the airbrush tool and put the hat on. I also add the shadow below the hat.
  6. Next, I adds some contrast effect with the dodge/burn tool.
  7. Finally, I erase some parts of the hair that covers the neck/part of my drawing and I'm done.
And also, thanks for the wonderful comments everyone! Oh yes, and thanks for reading too.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:
A small tutorial in my coloring: for some pixies that are wondering how I select the colors for my picture (and also, if you're wondering about my contrasting drawing from white color (not really white) to black color (not really black actually). This tutorial is done without tablet (I try my best to do this without my tablet ).

Program that I use: Adobe Photoshop CS4
Notes: Make sure you're able to use your own program as I will not tell you about the tutorial of the program (because your program editor varies, I cannot explain on how to do this on each program editor)

Contents:
  1. Make your Circle
    First of all, make your own circle (this shape is available in Photoshop as an Eclipse tool, you can just hold "Shift" in your keyboard to make the shape into circle), not sure it's available in GIMP or Paint Tool SAI, but you can just use your hard-round brush for making your own circle). You can make only one circle (I make two for mine to compare the difference between ordinary coloring and my coloring, for later):

2. Base Color
    Color the circle in your own color desires (mine is red, because I have a lot of issues in this color, and tried to challenge myself through it)
    Color Code: #ef0000

3. First Circle Coloring
    The color that I use:
    Color code: #b10000 and #ff1717

Then, I lighten/darken the picture (using dodge and burn tool) in your own desires (in your own option, if it's fits your style, then you may proceed to the next step). Set the range as below:
    Dodge and Burn: Midtones

Note: I dodge and burn the picture three times each.

4. Second Circle Coloring
    Dark Color: #b10000, #820000, #3a0000, and #180000
    Light Color: #ff1717, #ff6d6d, and #ffb5b5

Now, let's use the dodge/burn tool. Range Setting:
    Dodge: Highlights
    Burn: Shadows

5. Final Drawing + Small Notes from Me

I hope you understand on how I color the picture in my drawing. You can try this tutorial by yourself (or perhaps you want to share it here, you're definitely allowed to do so ). You could try this tutorial in different color (out from Red).

Also, I'm going to show you the fourth step of my drawing (I have a pretty much spare time today, so I continue...), this is very simple, just finishing the roses (my first attempt on drawing roses, so please excuse me if it looks a bit weird, lol I'm trying my best to repair it in the next drawing). I hope you like it.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:23 PM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Oh my! Alyce, I simply love your newest artwork! Angela looked beautiful in your sketch, but now she's really coming to life. I especially love the texture of her hair, which looks so realistic. Her hat looks amazing as well!
Thanks for providing that tutorial on coloring! And good luck on your exam.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 12-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 

Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
I agree with Night, Angela just simply looks amazing. I love her hair especially.
I can't wait to see more of your drawings, Alyce!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:21 AM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wish View Post
Oh my! Alyce, I simply love your newest artwork! Angela looked beautiful in your sketch, but now she's really coming to life. I especially love the texture of her hair, which looks so realistic. Her hat looks amazing as well!
Thanks for providing that tutorial on coloring! And good luck on your exam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
I agree with Night, Angela just simply looks amazing. I love her hair especially.
I can't wait to see more of your drawings, Alyce!
Thank you for both of your wonderful comments. I think I suppose to call her 'Angel' instead of 'Angela' because I think that's her nickname, but both Angel or Angela it's just okay.

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:
Everything that I post is not all about tutorials, but now I'm going to show you the other sketches that I made a few days ago (and will be colored soon), so please tell me what you think at (I know the boys looks like a girl, lol):

Here's BB (aka Bonn) the star trainer (I kinda like the name through, reminds me on Bunny or Bunnies!)

Another picture of Eljoanne (Joanne for her nick name) and Ellen:

Michey the Beautiful Lady (I suppose not to say she's very beautiful either):
More images will be added soon....

As well, thanks for reading.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:41 AM
I had wings once...
View Orchid Nightwhirl's Photo Album
Orchid Nightwhirl's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award Winter 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Holidays'13 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Angelic
Orchid Nightwhirl is a talented FairyOrchid Nightwhirl is a talented Fairy
Garden Talent Animal Talent Water Talent
These look wonderful Alyce!
Old 12-03-2015, 04:58 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
I am simply blown away by your beautiful sketches! There's so much detail, wow! I think Bonn looks very much like a boy, I wouldn't have thought otherwise, and if only my hair on the Mainland would be as pretty as your characters'. And I think you did a magnificent job with your very first rose, they can be tricky to draw but it looks like you had no problems at all.

I feel so inspired to draw after viewing your art. I hope you will continue sharing more art with us!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 12-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Spoiler for Awesome Comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid Nightwhirl View Post
These look wonderful Alyce!
Ooh thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
I am simply blown away by your beautiful sketches! There's so much detail, wow! I think Bonn looks very much like a boy, I wouldn't have thought otherwise, and if only my hair on the Mainland would be as pretty as your characters'. And I think you did a magnificent job with your very first rose, they can be tricky to draw but it looks like you had no problems at all.

I feel so inspired to draw after viewing your art. I hope you will continue sharing more art with us!
LOL, I really agree that Bonn Bon is looks like a boy actually, however because of my friends say that he looks like a girl, then I must stated that 'he's a boy' (in case if you see him as a girl). And thank you for your fantastic comments to me, it means a lot to me, and glad you really like my art so much. I actually have a bit trouble in drawing the rose itself, because I have a trouble in understanding the image references (especially the shape, sigh), but I'm really glad that it turns out 'pretty nice'... and I really surprised with your comments about my rose.

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:
Okay, since I have a pretty much spare time today, I'm going to show you my step 5 drawing (the clothes)... I honestly have a huge trouble in drawing the clothes fold (since I have no any image references for it), but well I hope you enjoy the drawing:

Tomorrow the Term test is already over! Yay! I think I could finish the drawing by tomorrow (or not... I hope so).

Let me know what you think about my picture in the comments.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Wonderful sketches, Alyce! Don't worry, Bonn looks like a boy to me.

Also, Angela's clothes are coming along spectacular so far!

I bet all of them are going to be amazing beyond words when they are finished.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Collector
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Spoiler for Awesome Comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowswirls View Post
Wonderful sketches, Alyce! Don't worry, Bonn looks like a boy to me.

Also, Angela's clothes are coming along spectacular so far!

I bet all of them are going to be amazing beyond words when they are finished.
Ooooh thankiess so much Rainbowswirls for the outstanding comments you give for me.. (I had observed you commonly commenting in this thread) thank you so much!

Spoiler for Old Stuffs:

Now, for the great part of my drawing... I'm in the progress in coloring her clothes and belts, and I really enjoy on how it comes out...

And also... I experimenting a new technique for a graphic (I use my graphic tablet to draw the swirls aka. the smudging effect of the background), and also practicing to make more modified text:

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Last edited by Alyce Natalie; 07-20-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Here and there
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase

The new addition to Angela's outfit is making it look really stunning! Good job!

Your new graphic technique is really cool, Alyce! If you opened a graphic shop, I would totally order!
Closed Thread