PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old Ginger Hollyglow's Arrival Story

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Post Ginger Hollyglow's Arrival Story

Hi everyone! For a year now (officially), I've been working on a story about my fairy, Ginger Hollyglow, and how she arrived. I started it on her Arrival Day (since the idea for making her tied directly into starting a story), and thought it only fitting to post it here to the Forums on her 1st anneversary of her Arrival Day (which is today!). Since the story is currently 20 pages on Microsoft Word, I'll be uploading little chapters of the story here on the Forums. (Just a quick note: this is not a roleplay.)
Special thanks to JovialOne for proofreading the entire story in a series of PMs. Without you, I wouldn't be posting it to the Forums!!

Thank you all for reading this, and I hope you enjoy it!

Please note: This story takes place after the Golden Age of Pixie Hollow. In other words, it takes place during the chapter book time, with Mother Dove and the Home Tree (NOT the movie setting with the Pixie Dust Tree). I also tried to combine elements of Pixie Hollow Online in there, but there may be a few hiccups in trying to combine them, seeing as their stories don't line up perfectly.

Chapter One: The Baby's Laugh
It was the middle of the night, long after both human and non-nocturnal creature had retired to their beds. The moon had set long ago, and the sun would not come up for several more hours, at least. An owl hooted with warning, breaking the silence so she could tell her babies that she had food. A raccoon crept across a quiet, misty street with silence like a cat’s, and prepared to dig into one unlucky victim’s garbage. Thunder rumbled nearby, and a few sprinkles of rain fell upon the gray rooftops of Riverside suburbs.
Not a single human was awake, save for one baby. She lay in her cradle, watching the breeze flutter in through her open window. She had been up for about five and a half minutes now, but her parents were unaware--this baby, upon awakening, made no noise. She simply sat there, watching the breeze twirl her mobile. The mobile spun around and around, making the colorful little figurines of princesses and princes jump upon their thin little strings—which would almost break with each bob of the figure. But the baby did not notice. She only noticed the way they seemed to dance, with a bob and a jerk. The baby smiled. Oh, how funny they all looked, bobbing and weaving about, suspended high above the cradle. When one jester bobbed and wobbled like a spoon full of Jell-o, the baby couldn’t take it. She laughed for the first time in her life.

She laughed as the breeze picked up a little bit, as the invisible laugh spun out of the baby’s happy mouth. It then collected itself into a ball, flittered out the window, and dove into a milkweed. Grabbing several of its seeds, it carried into the air with a giggle and soared off toward the sea.

Meanwhile, far away on the island of Never Land, all of Pixie Hollow was fast asleep. A dove—affectionately named Mother Dove by the fairies—was sleeping on her egg, as usual. She was dreaming about the Animal Masquerade (an event coming to Pixie Hollow in just a few short days) when something brought her out of her dream sharply. Her senses told her to wake up quickly, but Mother Dove was a bit slow at one in the morning. That was when she realized—there was a laugh, on its way to Pixie Hollow right then and there! Mother Dove smiled slightly, before returning to her dream. It would at least be several days—sometimes even weeks before the laugh managed to find Never Land. And when it did, Mother Dove would be patiently waiting for him or her.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Miss you all <3
View Julie Sunripple's Photo Album
Julie Sunripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter 2015 Award Halloween 2015 Award Autumn 2015 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2015 Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 65

My Mood: fairyish
Julie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy ListJulie Sunripple is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Tinker Talent Water Talent
Oh, this is fantastic! I can't wait to read more. I love how descriptive it is - I could see the baby's mobile and almost hear its laugh. Wonderful writing.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 

popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Thank you, Julie! I should probably have the second chapter up by later today.
popcorn
Old 10-20-2012, 11:53 PM
The Quenchiest
View CactusJuicy's Photo Album
CactusJuicy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Crossword Puzzle Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Asleep
CactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the QueenCactusJuicy met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Very nicely written I await the next chapter~!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Ooh, very interesting! I can't wait to read more!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 2: The Laugh and the Sea

The laugh finally found the sea. After swirling in streets and soaring over buildings, taking a full day to explore the city, it finally found the sea. The laugh paused in awe at the rippling waves, getting a bit of sea water to splash up within it. The laugh giggled, and shook most of the water off without losing a single piece of itself, then continued on. But the laugh should have known that in all its awe-inspiring glory, the sea was a dangerous place. With one powerful wave, it could swallow the laugh whole, never allowing it to get to its destination. But it wasn’t the laugh that was nervous—it was Mother Dove, back in Never Land, dreaming about the laugh’s steady journey toward Pixie Hollow. She ruffled her feathers and thought, Just get here as safe as possible, and please don’t underestimate anything… But of course, the laugh couldn’t hear Mother Dove. It began to skip across the water, without a single care in the world to what dangers it was toying with. But the sea was relatively calm that day, and Mother Dove breathed a sigh of relief. As long as it could stay that way, the laugh was safe. Mostly, anyway.

The sea, although it was fully aware that a laugh was in the process of skipping/jumping/flying to Never Land, couldn’t be safe all the time. It was an ocean, after all—the moon could control its tides, but other than that, it had a mind of its own. A tiny wave broke the calm.

The laugh thought nothing of it, but Mother Dove knew better. A second, this time much bigger wave, started toward the laugh. Now both the laugh and Mother Dove grew slightly concerned. And when a big third wave was in the midst of coming straight at the laugh, it finally dawned on it just what it was dealing with.
The laugh couldn’t take an alternate route—the only way to reach the island was either by star or by sea. The star was only visible at night—as well as being nearly impossible to find on short notice—so that option was out. But the wave was hurtling faster and faster at the laugh, and it didn’t know what it could do! Mother Dove took in a sharp breath, hoping the laugh could accomplish a life-saving decision within a growing-smaller deadline. Then, just at the last second, the laugh shot upward, but it was just a moment too short. The laugh tumbled head-on into the crest of the wave, and it tumbled and rumbled around inside it. But joy is fierce. Joy is strong. And joy is resilient. The laugh spurted out the other side of the wave, and—by some incredible miracle—it didn’t lose one milkweed seed. Not one.
The laugh shivered slightly, surprised on how the inside of a wave looked, and decided it would stay a decent way away from the water. Mother Dove let out all her pent-up air in one breath, smiling happily. One small accomplishment for the laugh meant one great change for its own safety, which was always a good thing.

Last edited by popcorn1234; 03-02-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:45 AM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I love your chapters! I can't wait for the next one.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 3: Finding Never Land

About a week and a half passed in this fashion, the laugh swirling along in the air, instead of skipping on the sea. Before the laugh knew it, it was at a crossroads. It could either go west, to where the Greater Wandies lived; or it could go straight and to the east a little, where Never Land was. The Greater Wandies lived like princesses, while they were the size of Clumsies (people); the only bit of fairy blood within them was that they had wings and wands. There was no cooking or cleaning to be done there, just a wave of the wand and all would be better.
The Never Fairies, however, did not have wands. They had talents, which decided what they were meant to be. Whatever they’re talent was, that was they’re joy, and they worked hard at it. The decision wasn’t hard: it went straight. Well, straight and to the east a little.

By this time, the island of Never Land was looking for the laugh. It was in a ‘small’ mood that day, so as to not carry the extra weight. It looked high and low for the laugh, until it decided to head east. Sure enough, the laugh had veered off course, and was now heading west. The two managed to meet in the middle, sending the laugh into a joyous cheer. There it was, Never Land! In all its daytime pride and glory, it seemed to glow with cheer that it had in fact, found the laugh. And the laugh seemed to glow itself with the fact it had found Never Land! With a cheerful giggle, it spurted toward the island.

Last edited by popcorn1234; 10-22-2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: The next chapter WON'T be longer than this one
Old 10-22-2012, 02:45 AM
♥✿ Always Be Inspired ✿♥
View Pinkalicious's Photo Album
Pinkalicious's Fairy
Awards Showcase
New Arcade Games Challenge Award 2014 Summer Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Pixie Resolution 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 30

My Mood: Cheerful
Pinkalicious glows with pixie dustPinkalicious glows with pixie dustPinkalicious glows with pixie dustPinkalicious glows with pixie dustPinkalicious glows with pixie dustPinkalicious glows with pixie dust
Tinker Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
It is great!!! can't wait for next chapter!!

~Pinkalicious
Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 4: Preparations

Mother Dove sensed the laugh was going to arrive that day. “Beck,” she told the animal talent at her shoulder, who was in the process of feeding her a cucumber sandwich for lunch. “Could you go alert a messenger-talent we have a new arrival on the way?”
Beck gasped. They hadn’t had a new arrival in such a long time! “Right away, Mother Dove!” She replied, flying away to go find Spring. Before Spring could get to half the fairies of Pixie Hollow, everyone knew. A new arrival! Today!

All scout talents were on the lookout for the laugh, while the other fairies began to prepare for the new arrival as if she or he was to be in their talent group. Garden fairies spruced up their gardens, while tinker fairies polished pots and pans to make them extra shiny. Light talents practiced making super-sparkly rainbows with a bit of help from the water fairies, and the water fairies that weren’t helping the light talents were practicing making beautiful sculptures. While the other talents worked hard at making the day fantastic for the new arrival, a scribe talent named Gardenia flew to the library to collect her guild for the preparations. But when she opened the heavy oak doors, it seemed as if the library was extra-drab, instead of being usually magical.

“What happened?” she asked, looking bewildered. “We have to get ready for the new arrival!”
“No, we don’t,” replied an outspoken scribe talent named Inkwell. “Why would we ever want to be our very best for a new garden-talent? Or a light talent? You know very well what the verdict will be, Gardenia: not a scribe talent.”
Gardenia glared at Inkwell, before trying to cheer up her group. “Come on guys, it’s a new day! And a new arrival! We have to make this the best day of his or her life!” She looked directly over at the self-appointed leader of the scribe talents, Papyrus.
“Come on, Papyrus,” she told him, putting on her best convincing face. “We all need to prepare, don’t we?”

Papyrus simply stood up, and pushed his chair in. “No,” he answered. Then, noticing Gardenia was about to say something else inspiring, he interrupted, “the last scribe talent that arrived to Pixie Hollow was over forty years ago. We’re not getting the new arrival. There isn’t even a chance anymore.” And with that, he flew over to a cart, and began to put recently checked-in books back on their shelves, as if to say, ‘The matter is closed.’
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Can't wait for the next chapter!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 5: Exploring

Meanwhile, the laugh was taking its time getting to Pixie Hollow. It twirled around Mermaid Lagoon for a little bit, as the mermaids splashed each other with salt water. A bit became entwined within the laugh, but the laugh was having such a good time exploring--it didn’t sense that at all. At least the laugh had a good sense to be able to leave the area when the mermaids were starting to clear their throats—feeling its mission of becoming a Never Fairy jeopardized, it flew to Captain Hook’s pirate ship. Many of the pirates were out on the deck, sweeping and mopping until it shined. It then briefly flew around the mast, before heading back to the shore. It swept past Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, all holding big palm fronds filled with mud. They kept whispering and pointing to the ship, looking very excited about something.

Soon, it flew over the Indian village, where a villager girl saw the laugh. She stopped playing with the other girls in her village for a little bit as she ran over to the laugh, which had suddenly felt the urge to stop exploring and go to Pixie Hollow. But it had forgotten which way was the right way! The little girl smiled at the laugh, and pointed with her finger at a spot in the foliage ahead. “Just go straight!” she told it, blowing on the milkweed seeds to give it an extra boost toward home. Sure enough, with renewed confidence, the laugh started toward Pixie Hollow.

(Yay... the next chapter is going to be a long one, but its one of my favorites!!)

Last edited by popcorn1234; 10-26-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Rainbow Chapter 6: The New Arrival

In a pinecone lookout on the western edge of Pixie Hollow, Lark Featherflight was looking out for the new arrival. Her hands shook with excitement as she tried to focus on the task. What if the new arrival is a scout talent? She wondered to herself. I could teach him or her everything that there is to know about scouting! I could even let her run my—hey, wait, what’s that? Lark picked up her binoculars and proceeded to focus on the bit of milkweed seeds headed straight for Pixie Hollow. She froze, practically dropping the binoculars in the process. “Laugh!” she cried out, before blowing four short toots on her whistle. “Laugh! Laugh!”

The other scout talents and messengers quickly picked up on the signal. Several messengers flew off in assigned formations, some going to fast-flying talent fairies to help deliver the news. Then, the fast-fliers (not including Vidia) flew off in different directions, ready to alert anyone and everyone. Vidia—the fastest fast-flying fairy of them all—flew up to Lark, who pointed out the laugh. Vidia sped toward it, as other fairies began to gather in a clearing. They whispered amongst themselves, barely being able to contain their excitement. Then, “Look, there’s Vidia!” as Vidia gently flew closer to the ground, directing the milkweed puffs carrying the laugh to the middle of the clearing. The clearing went practically silent, as Terence approached the laugh, carrying a chalice filled to the brim with pixie dust. He gently poured the dust over the seeds, silently hoping that it would be a dust talent fairy or sparrowman.

The laugh giggled and shimmered as the seeds slowly collected together until it formed a sort-of milkweed puff ball. Then, poof! The new fairy was suddenly sitting in the middle of the clearing. She had sea-green eyes (which were the color of Mermaid Lagoon), short brown hair that lightly touched her shoulders, and elegant wings that were draped behind her. The fairies around her welcomed her with “Hello”s and “Fly with you”s, as the fairy looked around in wonder. Look at the sparkling leaves in the trees! She thought. The air almost looks as if it’s just shimmering! And… whoa… The new arrival’s eyes grew huge as she spotted Queen Clarion, the fairy queen. She gave a small smile in the Queen’s direction, and called out to the other fairies standing around the clearing, “Fly with you all!”

Then, practically every talent was holding their breath. It was now time for the fairy to say her name, and what talent she was—the Announcement. All the fairies waited for the new arrival to say what she was, but the Arrival was too busy documenting everything she saw. Everyone is wearing Animal costumes—I wonder why? Oh, and look at that group of fairies in the back—they don’t seem to be happy to be here at all. The group the fairy was referring to was the scribe talents, who had all been dragged there by Gardenia herself.

“Come on, guys!” she had bribed them, forcing them all out of the library. “The arrival won’t be too happy when she or he finds out we aren’t there! Besides, reshelving books can wait.”
Inkwell leaned over to another scribe talent named Grey. “Hey, Grey,” he whispered. “Do you really think Gardenia believes that the new arrival will be one of us? I mean, you heard Papyrus--” He whispered.
Grey sighed, interrupting him. “You know,” she told Inkwell, sounding slightly agitated. “I don’t like your attitude. Its high-time we get a new arrival, and it is going to be one of us.”
Inkwell rolled his eyes, but continued to fly without another word.

The new Arrival knew what was coming. She stood up, then looked down at her arrival day outfit. My outfit is made of milkweed fluff, she thought, giving it a twirl. And the belt I’m wearing comes from their seeds. Oh, look! It has a little emblem of a book on it! She grinned, then looked back at the scribe talents. She paused, looking from her belt to a headband one of the scribe talents was wearing. Hey, that’s funny—the book emblem on my belt matches the book emblem on her wooden headband!
Suddenly, it all became clear. It seemed as if someone had whispered it into the new Arrival’s ear, instead of her thinking it. She grinned, then burst forth with the words everyone had been waiting to hear: “My name is Ginger Hollyglow, and I am a scribe-talent fairy!”

In the seconds that followed, the scribe talents were ignoring the Announcement. Then, what was that? A scribe talent?! Grey leaned over to a bewildered-looking Inkwell, and whispered, “…And who said we weren’t getting the new arrival?”
Suddenly, with the information dawning on Gardenia, she flew up, twirled around in the air, and cried, “YES!!” triumphantly so all could hear.

Ginger looked over at Gardenia. That’s my talent group? She wondered, as the other fairies began to disperse with nice words to the scribe talents. I hope that they are happier to see me now than they were before!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Chapter 7: Meet the Scribe Talents!

Gardenia quickly flew up to Ginger, shaking her hand profusely. “Hi! I’m Gardenia. What’s your name? Oh wait, that was part of your Announcement,” Gardenia began to babble. “Oh, we are all as pleased as punch, Ginger! Kinda like the excitement someone gets when we put a brand new, crisp book on the shelf! Or a brand new store of freshly squeezed blackberry juice into a golden gilded inkwell; right Ginger? Oh, can I call you Ginger? Ginger seems like such a pretty plant-like name. Hey! Just like mine!” The other scribe talents slowly peeled Gardenia away from Ginger and her now throbbing arm.

Papyrus slowly flew forward. “Sorry about that, Ginger,” he told her with an apologetic smile on his face. “Gardenia can get a bit… carried away sometimes.” Here, Gardenia stuck her tongue out at Papyrus, while he rolled his eyes at her before turning back to Ginger. “My name is Papyrus.” He was just about to hold out his hand for a friendly handshake before he remembered Gardenia’s welcome, and he quickly pulled his hand away. “Anyway,” he continued awkwardly, “here are the other fairies and sparrowmen in our talent group.” He then stepped aside, gestured his arm toward the group, and said, “From left to right; this is Inkwell, Grey, Tracy, Gardenia—whom you’ve already met—Binda, and me, Papyrus.” Each fairy or sparrowman said their hellos as their name was called. Ginger shyly smiled at each of them. Then, one by one, each fairy said a few things about themselves.

The first one to start was Inkwell, looking proud that the new Arrival was one of them. He had blackberry ink colored black hair as well as eyes, which was probably part of the reason he had the name ‘Inkwell’. He also had blackberry stains on his white vest, light blue meadow grass tee, and soil brown pants. “Hi, my name is Inkwell.” He told Ginger with a proud grin. “Glad to have you join the scribe talents, Ginger.”
He then stepped back, and Grey walked up. She had long, mushroom white hair with streaks of silver, and a piece of this hair fell loosely over one eye. She had light blue eyes, which slightly went with her iris purple and marigold yellow dress. In fact, Ginger had no idea why this fairy was named Grey at all—she was, in fact, anything but grey! “Hello, Ginger Hollyglow,” she sang in a voice that sounded like bells. “Welcome to our talent guild!”

Each time a fairy walked up, they seemed to have a completely different personality than the last. For instance, Tracy was a shy fairy with light brown hair styled into a pixie-cut. She was wearing a strawberry red dress with snow white tights—giving her the look of a peppermint—and all she said to Ginger was, “Hi.” However, Gardenia had to be practically held back from going back up to meet Ginger again! Gardenia had curly blond hair that was tied back in a ponytail—but instead of simply accepting its style, the hair looked like it exploded from its position on the back of her head! She was wearing a bright pink, rose petal dress and bubble slippers that matched. Since the fairies were holding her back, all she could manage to get out was an “I can’t wait for you to see Pixie Hollow!”
Binda was different from Gardenia because she seemed to have the attitude of a strong, independent pixie. She had her deep, yet luminescent brown hair in a long ponytail, and her dark brown eyes seemed to shine with joy. She was wearing a light yellow leaf top and sparkly blue tulip skirt, along with yellow and blue striped leaf topper boots. “Welcome, welcome, welcome!” she cried happily.

Ginger could definitely tell she was going to really like her talent group.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Rainbow Chapter 8: Exploring Pixie Hollow

“So,” asked Gardenia excitedly, having been released from the arms of her fellow scribe-talents; “would you like the official tour of Pixie Hollow?! It’s super fun, trust me!” And before Ginger could even reply ‘sure’, Gardenia had grasped Ginger’s hand and whisked the new Arrival into the air.

Ginger had to admit—with some slight embarrassment—that her flying was wild. Her wings kept bumping into Gardenia, and she seemed to be bobbing and weaving much more than her intentions. Gardenia, the ball of overexcited energy that she was, seemed to be flying with her wings practically straight; always aligned, almost perfect. Ginger tried to tuck in her wings from their crazy flapping, but practically dropped out of the sky trying to do so!
Grey, who was flying nearby, picked up Ginger’s other hand. “Don’t worry,” she soothed. “You’ll get there with time.” Ginger tried to give Grey a thankful smile, but all the reward of this was one of her wings hitting Grey ungracefully in the hip. Ginger’s glow turned orange with embarrassment, and she gave up trying to control her wings.

“Well, here we are—one of the best aerial views of Pixie Hollow!” cried Gardenia happily, spreading her arms out wide as if she was unveiling Pixie Hollow to the world—let alone Ginger. Ginger gasped in delight. Fairies and sparrowmen were making their way across the wide fields; whether they were using their wings, clever mice carts, or riding on animals. Occasionally, they would call to one another, laughing and talking. Some were delivering food to animals, some were painting pictures off in the distance of the magical landscape, and some were helping flowers grow, delivering fairy dust to some other fairies, herding caterpillars… oh, the list was just endless! And in the center of it all, was a towering maple tree, with many windows and balconies jutting from its sides. This was the Home Tree, Ginger knew—the tree where most of the fairies lived. And just a little ways away from it, stood a smaller tree—a hawthorn, with a beautiful nest sitting inside. Ginger didn’t have to guess to who was there, for she could already tell—Mother Dove. Ginger gazed in amazement at the world around her. But before she could catch her breath, Gardenia was grabbing her wrist again.
“Come on Ginger!” she exclaimed, lifting Ginger into the air. “There is so much to show you!”

The first thing they did was head straight to Mother Dove’s nest in the hawthorn tree. Mother Dove was sitting elegantly in her nest, with Beck by her side, grooming Mother Dove’s feathers. Suddenly, Ginger was filled with fear. What if Mother Dove didn’t like her? What if Mother Dove was mad at her for being a scribe talent, instead of a more useful talent, like an animal talent? And why did Ginger’s wings have to be so embarrassingly clumsy? Ginger, suddenly terrified, hid behind Gardenia before Mother Dove could see her.

Mother Dove, sensing Ginger’s fear, smiled and nodded at Gardenia. “Fly with you, Gardenia,” Mother Dove cooed, causing Gardenia’s glow to flare with pride.
“Fly with you, Mother Dove!” Answered Gardenia. “Did you know that the scribe talents got a new Arrival? For the first time in forty years! She’s really great, once you get to meet her. I mean, she’s right…” Gardenia trailed off as soon as she saw Ginger was not at her side. “Oh, come on out, silly!” cried Gardenia, pulling out Ginger from behind her back. Ginger kept her eyes glued to the ground, wishing her wings would stop making her bob and weave. Then, simply out of curiosity, she slowly lifted her eyes to meet Mother Dove’s. She was so suddenly drawn in by Mother Dove’s love and warmth that it almost surprised her.

“Ginger Hollyglow,” cooed Mother Dove warmly, peeping the g’s ever so slightly, and rolling the i’s. Ginger loved hearing it. There was a pause, then, “it’s the name of a true writer. We are all truly happy you have Arrived to us, Ginger.”
Ginger found she had been holding her breath, so she let it out on a relieved sigh. “Thank you, Mother Dove,” she replied happily.
Mother Dove then turned to Beck. “Beck,” she asked kindly. “Might you get out the cookies?”

Beck smiled, and got out the small platter of warm, freshly baked gingersnap cookies from a picnic basket. She handed the plate to Mother Dove.
“Would you like some cookies, Ginger?” asked Mother Dove, picking up a single cookie with her beak. Ginger nodded enthusiastically, and sat down at the edge of her nest. Then, bite by bite, Mother Dove fed Ginger the cookies using her beak. The cookies were warm and crumbly, and had that sweet tang that could only come from fresh gingersnap cookies. Ginger smiled happily after eating, too content to say anything. It was her first meal.

All too soon, Gardenia was pulling Ginger away from Mother Dove and the delicious plate of cookies. “Well,” said Gardenia with a smile, “we best be on our way. Thank you so much, Mother Dove, and fly with you later!”
Ginger, feeling slightly helpless, turned and looked back at Mother Dove. “Fly with you later,” she called happily, not wanting the moment to end.
Mother Dove smiled at Ginger. “Fly with you later, Ginger Hollyglow,” she cooed.

Directly after meeting Mother Dove, Ginger and Gardenia headed to the Home Tree. The lobby was elegantly decorated, with polished mica on the floors, and an awe-inspiring grand staircase fit for a queen! Gardenia then showed Ginger the tearoom quickly, pointing out the kitchen and which table the scribe talents sat at every day. Just before leaving the lobby of the Home Tree, however; Gardenia pointed out the Directory—a brass sign that gave the name, talent, and room number of every fairy in Pixie Hollow (Not including Vidia—she lives in a sour plum tree on the outskirts of Pixie Hollow).
As Ginger scanned the list for her name, she was surprised to find a gap between Hollydew and Ivyvine, Faith. “Your name isn’t up there,” advised Gardenia as Ginger searched down the list for the second and third time. “That means that the decoration-talents are still getting your room ready. But, you see, this is what your name will look like when their done!”
Gardenia, with ease, found and traced her name that had been etched into the directory. Ginger read:

Gardenia—Scribe Talent—Room 28F, SSE branch

Ginger sighed. I wish I could see my room, she thought. Otherwise, I’m left wondering for the rest of the day!
Gardenia, as if reading Ginger’s mind, grinned at her friend. “Don’t worry!” she cried out in a chipper voice. “We have plenty planned until then, you just wait and see!”

Directly from the Home Tree, they went to Fairy Tale Theater, the most popular place for a fairy to see a spectacular show of fantasy, history, or anything in between! Then, they visited the Pixie Dust Mill, where Ginger found out how they ground Mother Dove’s feathers from the Molt—a yearly event when Mother Dove shed her magical feathers to be used as Pixie Dust—into the pixie dust fairies used every day. Ginger tried to count how many times she had sneezed in the forty minutes they were there, but she lost count after 62. After that, they visited the fairy infirmary—one of the fairies gave Ginger a cloth made of violet and lilac petals. After one sneeze, Ginger was cured!—the nut collecting orchard (in which Ginger practiced her bobbing and weaving between falling nuts), the fruit collecting orchard, the dairy mice barn, the Babbling Brook, the oldest gem mine in Pixie Hollow, the best aerial view of all of Never Land, and almost everywhere in Pixie Hollow in between all this!

Several hours later, Ginger was rubbing her sore wings. She was surprised her wings hadn’t given out by now—even Gardenia had to admit that the entire endeavor was one of the longest “continuous” flights she had ever done. On their way back to the Home Tree from the main butterfly herding meadow, light fairies were already un-lighting lanterns along pathways—a sure sign that meant that all other fairies had gone to bed by now--and all of the (very few) fairies they passed were carrying lanterns themselves. Gardenia had waved to each one, and talked to all of them while flying. But every word that Gardenia exchanged just led to another aching cramp in Ginger’s back. All she wanted to do now was to go to bed.

Last edited by popcorn1234; 05-28-2013 at 03:35 AM.