PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Pixie Tales > Hollow Tales

Hollow Tales When the pixie dust runs out.

Old Wildflower's Wish and the Quest for the Ring

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Mellifluous Cipher
View MellifluousCipher's Photo Album
MellifluousCipher's Fairy
My Mood: Artistic
MellifluousCipher has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Hey Dawn,

As Rose and Never keep on encouraging me, I shall do the same with you! You don't need to give up on yourself before you start! Write your story to share!

Mel.C
Old 07-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Animal Talent Tinker Talent
Never doubt your ability to write! I saw a quote from a book somewhere once, and it said something like this: you're a human being with a story to tell, and you have a right to tell it. Don't let doubts stand in your way! I'll be looking forward to hearing your story, Dawn!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Kinda inactive.
View EllaFlutterBreeze's Photo Album
EllaFlutterBreeze's Fairy
Awards Showcase
PHF Winter Award 2016 Happy Holidays'14 Award Design A Furniture Item Participation Award PHF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Winner Award 
Total Awards: 17

My Mood: Woot
EllaFlutterBreeze has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Water Talent Light Talent
I finally read all the chapters of the story and I love it! Keep on writing!

@Dawn I'm going to read your story!

Yeah, I'm still here. PM me/
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM
luvs her Hammies!
View JoJoHammie's Photo Album
JoJoHammie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Aug'09 Scavenger Hunt Participant Award Patriot Pixie's 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Asleep
JoJoHammie has chosen their Fairy magic
Excited

Hey!!! OMG!!! I LUV ur stories!!! More more!!!

~JoJo~

PS: :HO4th Smiley013:
Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 PM
is back in the Hollow! =D
View Roseheart's Photo Album
Roseheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award National Cookie Day 2012 Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 33

My Mood: Dreaming
Roseheart is a talented Fairy
Light Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Chapter Two,
(Continued!)

When Wildflower finally settled down into the wide impression in the soil that was also known as Tinker’s Nook, and, by the looks of it, quite possibly the busiest place in Pixie Hollow, she was nearly knocked off her feet by something that came whizzing through the air right past her.

“Sorry, miss!” A skinny sparrowman with a thick Scottish brogue gasped. “We were just testin’ out some prototypes of an invention of Miss Bell’s. . . she hasn’t worked all of the kinks out of them just yet—”

“But they’re still fun to play with!” A large, black-haired sparrowman laughed.

Provided we don’t take anyone’s wings off,” the Scotch fairy said nervously, trying to pull the other whirlygig out of the big sparrowman’s hands.

“Did you say Miss Bell?” Wildflower asked. “Would she also be Tinker Bell?”

“Aye,” the skinny sparrowman nodded. “Why, you’re the new fairy, aren’t you? Welcome to Pixie Hollow. If you’re lookin’ for Miss Bell, you’ll find her up there.”

He pointed at a hap-hazard work area, with shelves crammed with just about everything anyone could possibly think of, built at the very top of the cavity that the Tinkers worked in.

“Thank you!” Wildflower said with a smile, and took off, hoping that one of those whizzing toys wasn’t going to be following her.

“By the way, I’m Phineas T. Kettletree, Esquire, also known as Bobble, and this is Clank! Fly with you, Miss Wildflower!”

When she finally landed on the floor of the workshop that Bobble had pointed out, she was slightly alarmed to see yet another whirlygig staring her in the face. It was leaning against the work table—long and skinny at the bottom with a loop that someone might be able to sit in, kind of like a swing, with long, sturdy blue petals fanning out at the top in a circle that slowly rotated in the slight breeze. She supposed she wouldn’t have been too frightened if it had been like the other whizzing contraptions that Bobble and Clank had been testing, except this one was bigger. Much bigger. Big enough to gobble a fairy right up. And she really didn’t want to be standing so close to it if it suddenly decided to whir to life like its miniature cousins.

She backed up silently, hoping the thing wouldn’t notice her. All was going well, when—

“Shh!” Someone said sharply as Wildflower careened into them.

“Sorry!” She gasped, whirling on the spot. “I’m sorry! I’m here to see Tinker Bell and Prilla, Queen Clarion sent me—”

“Be quiet, please!” The fairy whispered, looking like she was on the verge of shaking Wildflower in order to get her to clam up. “Or else you’ll poof her straight back to Neverland!”

Wildflower’s eyes widened at this, and her wings gave a nervous flutter—poofing someone back to Neverland sounded dangerous. She placed her hands firmly over her mouth, and took this time to survey the scene.

It was easy to see that the fairy who had been so quick to hush her was the tinker fairy, judging by her practical, frill-free green garb and her little, calloused hands. Like the pots and pans she polished and the silver hammer she wielded, everything about her spoke of brightness—the brilliant color of her blonde hair, and the keen shine to her eyes that indicated she was always thinking very hard about something. Even her expression had a radiant air; an intense eagerness, a passionate joy for working and fixing things—and something of an equally ablaze temper, reserved for the times when a repair could not be made.

If Wildflower had seen her when she was merely relaxing with friends, she would have seen a much calmer fairy, not nearly so blaring and blazing, but at this time Tinker Bell was very wrapped up in her work indeed, and even the Hollow’s newest fairy—for all her mysteries and oddities, that had every fairy and sparrowman astir with curiosity—could not distract her from the task at hand. She was silent as Cheese the mouse, but her foot was tapping, her cheeks were faintly red, and her arms were crossed—except for the moments when she reached up and gave her yellow bangs an impatient tug.

The other fairy, who could only be Prilla, could scarcely look any more different from Tinker Bell if she tried. Perched on a shelf with her legs dangling over the edge in a carefree fashion and her plump little hands clasped in a childlike way, her nut-brown curls hung around her face in a blustery, blithe style that said she didn’t bother to fix it very often because she was too busy being alive and having fun. Her pretty purple and green outfit had a few patches and tears that hadn’t yet been mended, and her crown of curls was covered with a funny acorn cap hat. She was plump and freckled and very sweetly visaged, and she didn’t look much like any other fairy Wildflower had seen in the Hollow so far—there was something very unique about her, as though she were from some place very far away and very different from the wilds of Neverland.

But by far, her appearance was not the most unusual thing about her. At the moment, she was staring off into the distance with such a spaced out expression, eyes glazed over and her face placid as a pool aside from the dulcet smile stretching across it, Wildflower wondered what on earth the fairy could be thinking about—or if she was thinking at all!

Suddenly, she gave a little giggle, and then laughed, and the glossy look in her eyes seemed to fade.

“Oh!” She said, when she realized she was back in Neverland. “I never got to meet his brother Wilbur—he said he’d be so interested to see me fly—”

“But did you ever get to study it?” Tink was quick to redirect her thoughts, holding out her hands as if waiting for the answers to be placed on them.

“Oh, yes!” Prilla said, leaping off the shelf and onto her feet with all the grace and athleticism of the finest of the Mainland’s acrobats. “I got a very good look at it.”

“Yes? And could you see what powered the machine?”

“Well, it was actually about the right size for a fairy,” Prilla said, thinking. “I think they were just toys, though—and I don’t think it would be very safe, since it flew straight into a bush once.” She sighed, and then frowned in thought. “I saw how he made it fly—he spun the flower, the propearallers, I think he called them, and it wounded it up until the springy string was very tight, and then he let it fly—”

“Springy? Like this?” Tink said, brandishing a thin copper coil and waving it around wildly, as if hoping the shiny spiraling object would hold Prilla’s attention.

“No, not like that at all,” Prilla said, discouraged. “It was very different—stretchy and springy, but stringy, too—and I’ve never seen anything like it in Neverland before. It was looked so peculiar, and I can imagine up a lot of uses for it in the Hollow—but I don’t know how to get it!”

“Argh!” Tink exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

“What’s the matter?” Wildflower said, frowning with worry as Tinker Bell set the copper coil on the ground and proceeded to jump up and down on it, cheeks flushed with frustration.

“It’s not that bad, Tink!” Prilla tried to console her. “I’m sure the Queen will find some other way for Rani to get around safely—”

“But it could have been perfect!” Tink moaned. “It could have revolutionized the way we run Pixie Hollow!”

“Tinker Bell,” Prilla said gently, “we can already fly. We don’t need two sets of wings. . . .”

“But we could use it to carry things—”

“We do have doves for that,” Prilla pointed out brightly. “You wouldn’t want them to be out of a job, would you?”

“Fine, keep the Hollow stuck in the depths of the dark ages! Forget about trying new things when the sun is shining, and wait until a hurricane is about to make landfall before you come running to us Tinkers for last minute solutions! I can deal with that, I suppose—but oh, you know how much I hate not being able to figure out how to build something!” She finally cried, flopping down on the ground, hand cradling her cheek with an expression of abject irritation.

“Can any fairy tell me what’s going on?” Wildflower finally said helplessly.

Since Tink was currently staring down at the ground in petulant silence, it was Prilla who answered.

“Brother Dove recently sprained his wing and is grounded, and our friend Rani depends on him for her transportation. You see, she sacrificed her wings on a great quest to save the fate of the Hollow some time ago,” Prilla said, puffing up with pride for her friend. “Now she’s the only fairy in all of Neverland who can swim, but she’ll never fly again—that is, without Brother Dove’s help. But seeing as Brother Dove’s wing is in a splint and the healers say he won’t be well enough to fly until after the coming of summer, Rani’s having all sorts of trouble getting around.”

“So you decided to build something? Something that would do the flying for her?” Wildflower asked. Wow, she thought.

“Well, Tink did. I’m just the researcher!” Prilla said, smiling brightly. “Even though we fairies can fly naturally, Clumsies seem to be learning a lot about how to fly. At least, that’s what I’ve seen—and I told Tink about it, and she’s been trying to get me to blink over to the Mainland right and left and find a Clumsy who knows something about these little flying machines they’ve been building. Today I finally did find someone, and what fun they were! But the machine they were playing with didn’t look like it would be safe for Rani at all,” she sighed.

“Hmmm,” Wildflower said, pursing her lips and thinking. What could be done? Rani needed help, but how could they safely build wings for her, to take the place of the wings she so generously sacrified? Maybe Tink could find a way to use the stretchy material Prilla described in a safer way, but how could they get their hands on that material in the first place? What if—

“Well, I suppose that’s that. For now,” Tink said, with a wrathfully determined glance at the giant whirlygig. “What brings you here, Wildflower?”

“Oh!” Wildflower said, shaking her head to try to clear her thoughts, but unable to dispell the conundrum from her brain. “Queen Clarion sent me. She said you two might have some advice for—for a fairy like me.”

“Oh,” Tink said. “You mean like how you don’t have a—”

“How you don’t have a talent!” Prilla said, smiling as though this was the most commonplace thing in the world. Then she laughed. “Oh my, I sounded like Rani there for a moment,” she giggled.

“Did neither of you find your talents when you first arrived?” Wildflower asked.

“Well, I did, but Prilla didn’t,” Tink said. “I know why Queen Clarion sent you to talk to me, though,” she added, her cheeks turning a little red. “You see, on my Arrival Day, a hammer glowed really bright and that meant I was a tinker fairy. I think it chose me, rather than the other way around. I was okay with that at first, but when I found out that tinker fairies couldn’t go to the Mainland, I—well, I tried everything to change my talent. I tried carrying dewdrops, doling out light to fireflies, teaching a baby bird to fly, even tried to round up about fifty bad-tempered thistles. All of these turned out terribly, especially the—the last one with the thistles. I nearly destroyed Spring.”

She hung her head in shame.

“But then you fixed it, as soon as Fairy Mary let you experiment with the Lost Things!” Prilla reminded her, patting her on the shoulder. “And now we can do our jobs in Pixie Hollow so much faster, thanks to you, and that leaves more time for fun!”

“I guess,” Tinker Bell said with a small smile. Wildflower could tell she was still upset at what had happened.

“So does this mean I should be careful what I do in trying to find my talent?” Wildflower wondered aloud. “Or does this mean I should try to experiment, like you did, Tink?”

Tink shrugged. “I think it means both,” she said. “There’s nothing wrong with trying new things, and trying to help out in every way you can. But if you start getting so desperate that you’ll try anything to find your talent and in doing so you endanger Pixie Hollow, or fairies, or the Seasons. . .” She trailed off, sighing. “It’s just not worth it, and you have to be careful that you don’t let your heart control your head.”

Wildflower bit her lip, frowning. She never wanted to put any of the fairies in Pixie Hollow in danger, not for anything in Neverland. She did so want to find her talent, but never at that price! She sighed. Time would tell.

“When I arrived,” Prilla said, changing the subject, “I couldn’t find my talent at all, just like you. Except I didn’t have a glowing necklace appear over my head or anything like that,” she giggled. “It took me a long time to discover what my talent really was. When I finally did, it turned out that there had never been a fairy like me in Pixie Hollow before. That was one of the reasons why it took me so long to discover it—since no one had ever seen a fairy like me before, they always thought I was just a really bad listener whenever my eyes glazed over, but I was actually somewhere else entirely! You see, I’m a Mainland-Visiting-Hand-Clapping Talent,” she said, smiling proudly, “and I love it.”

“Wow,” Wildflower said.

“So keep your eyes and your ears open, and do follow your heart,” Prilla encouraged. “I know Tink says you should always think first, and that’s fine—but don’t let it stop you from doing what your talent is telling you, if it all seems safe after you do think about it. It’s so exciting having another fairy in Pixie Hollow, with a talent that’s never been seen before!”

Wildflower grinned—Prilla’s excitement was contagious.

“There’s a few things I still don’t understand,” Wildflower said. “You see, no one’s given me a real introduction to Pixie Hollow and what the fairies do here. I know we’re supposed to help bring the seasons on the Mainland, but I’m still a bit confused about that, and there are so many talents and I don’t understand what half of them are, and I have no idea how to get around here without getting lost, and I still don’t know what I should be doing until I find my talent, and I really don’t want to just hang around when every else is working their wings off to bring the next season to the Mainland, and I—”

Tink and Prilla both started laughing as Wildflower’s list of puzzlements went on faster and faster.

“I have an idea,” Tink said when they finally had themselves under control. “I recently finished all of the repairs and inventions fairies had ordered from me—that was why I had time to work on Rani’s flying machine, you see, because Fairy Mary is very particular about clearing work tables before experimenting—and I have a lot of deliveries to make, all around the Hollow. Why don’t you come with me, and I’ll tell you all about the Hollow and have you meet everyone?”

“That would be great!” Wildflower said, floating a little higher at the thought. She was already amazed at the splendor of Pixie Hollow, so a chance to see it all and meet everyone sounded wonderful. “Are you coming, Prilla?”

“I’d love to come, but I’m afraid I’d space out too much and hold you two up,” Prilla said, smiling. “I’m going to go see if I can get some children to clap and say they believe in fairies, though—with a new fairy in the Hollow who doesn’t have a talent, I think this is a pretty good sign that some interesting things are going to happen soon in Neverland!”

And she flitted off, humming cheerily to herself

“Well,” Tink said brightly, turning to Wildflower, “let’s go. Lots of deliveries to make and lots fairies who are waiting to get them, and who knows? Maybe you’ll find your talent along the way!”

Whew. So good to finally get that posted! And so sorry I've been so scarce lately. My computer has been giving me fits, I don't think I've been in the Hollow in a week. It's finally starting to get back to normal, though, and I can finally start catching up on things! I had this post written for a while, but things have been so crazy, it's taken me forever to get it finished and ready to post. But lol, happy days are here again.

And so concludes Chapter Two. Next one should be fun to write -- all of the fairies' impressions and opinions of Wildflower, and a bunch of little hints I can insert all over the place, and other cool things to write about. Fun, fun, fun. And then after that, things are going to get VERY interesting. Chapter Three is going to end on an awesome cliffhanger, muahaha. I love cliffhangers. (WRITING them, anyway. Not reading them, and having to wait. )

At any rate, THANK YOU so much for reading, guys!! And for your patience. So good to be back.

Fly with you!
Roseheart
Old 07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Is a Pixie
View Neverheart's Photo Album
Neverheart's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Autumn 2012 Award Patriot Pixie's 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award EKB Day Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Procastinating
Neverheart is a talented Fairy
Love you, Rose! And what a wonderful ending to chapter 2! Now I can't wait for the next...I'm happy you're getting back on your feet around the forums. Stubborn computers are the worst. Anyway, I'm very tired right now...a whole day of riding roller coasters tuckers me out! I shall await the arrival of the next chapter...and Zig should have another chapter real soon...

-Zzz...zzz..zzz...Never
Old 07-14-2009, 10:07 PM
above the clouds! <3
View Dawn Starvale's Photo Album
Dawn Starvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 58

My Mood: Gloomy
Dawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Water Talent
Oh, Rose, that was wonderful! Prilla and Tink are super helpful to Wildflower. And Hooray for Clank and Bobble making an appearance! They're super cute, I'm glad you incorporated them into your story.

It still boggles my mind that Wildflower doesn't have a talent. What will it be? Something as incredibly helpful as Prilla's clapping talent? Or maybe something better?

I can't wait for the next installment! Great writing, dear friend! Its lovely.