PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Barrie's House > Fairy Bookclub

Fairy Bookclub Discussion forum for Fairy books

Old Currently Reading?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:48 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Post Currently Reading?

Hey, hello, fly with you! Any other "book worm" fairies here? I thought I'd make a thread where we can post what books we are currently reading (since there doesn't seem to be a thread specifically dedicated to this) and how we like them, etc.

The only rule (besides the other rules ) is that if you are going to post spoilers, please use the spoiler tabs.
Spoiler for :
like this

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am currently re-reading "Wicked Lovely" by Melissa Marr. I've already read it once a few years ago, but I pretty much forgot the whole thing and now it's like I'm reading it for the first time again. It's a book about fairies, but not the kind like you find in Pixie Hollow. These fairies are much darker..

What are you currently reading? (Yes, you! )
Old 03-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
I'm currently reading Warriors: Power of 3: Eclipse by Erin Hunter. It's a book about cats who live in a forest. Currently, I'm reading the 4th volume in the 3rd series. Each series, there's a new prophecy to be fulfilled.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Good question! Errm, I have too many books stacked next to my bed at the moment. I've been reading "War and Peace" by L. Tolstoy for a while now and am up to Tome 4 at the moment. I take my time with it as it's a truly interesting read and there's so much in every chapter that I pick it up only when I can give it my full attention. I also borrowed two books in French to practice my reading skills a bit more. One is called "Desert" while the other is "The Last Snow". I also take my time with these because I have to search up the translation of each new word that I come across.

Once I finish reading these, I have four more books waiting for me (2 in English, 1 in Russian, 1 in French) so I'll be sure to have enough to read this year!

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 04-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Is a Founding Fairy
View StormyLightningberry's Photo Album
StormyLightningberry's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Pet Training 2017 Award Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award Summer 2016 Award Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd 
Total Awards: 149

My Mood: Wishful
StormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy ListStormyLightningberry is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Post Currently reading

I'm reading "Calvin and Hobbes," and "Phoebe and Her Unicorn," and "Polly and the Pirates." They are all great.

I also read "The Blazing World" by Margaret Cavendish. Thumb down on that one.

signature by the talented _Stormy_ (I am the other Stormy!)
Old 04-13-2016, 06:01 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
I'm currently reading "Stolen Magic," by Gail Carson Levine. As well as other things. But I haven't finished any books in what feels like a while, but maybe has only been maybe two weeks... such an un-dedicated reader I am.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Happy New Year!
View Daisy GlitterConfetti's Photo Album
Daisy GlitterConfetti's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Pixie Resolutions Award 2017 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd Arcade Champ Arcade Champ 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Adventurous
Daisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A listDaisy GlitterConfetti has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
I'm currently reading 'Annie's Attic Mysteries' which is a series of mystery books about Annie, a woman who has moved into a small town in order to clear out her Grandmother's attic. Her Grandmother was a (and I quote) 'Collector of Things', so to say, and Annie is constantly finding things in her Gran's attic which has some sort of history attached to it. It also has a religious subplot in all the books. It's really interesting, though it's not a very popular series.

I also finished reading 'The Ghost Files' by Apryl Baker. (All of this is on the back of the book, so don't worry about spoilers!) It's about 16-year-old Mattie Hathaway, who has been able to see ghosts ever since she was 5. One day she sees the ghost of her foster sister, Sally, and against better judgement decides to team up with a young police officer to find her killer. It's... not for the faint of heart to read, as it can describe the ghosts kinda graphically, but it's great for older (14 and up) readers who like to give themselves a scare. It's not completely focused on horror, either, so I really liked it, and I can be a big scared-y cat at times.

(A few years ago, the author posted the first book of 'The Ghost Files' series online for everyone to read for free. I want to post a link, but I'm not sure if it'll be against PHF rules. Would it be okay?)
Old 05-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy GlitterConfetti View Post
(A few years ago, the author posted the first book of 'The Ghost Files' series online for everyone to read for free. I want to post a link, but I'm not sure if it'll be against PHF rules. Would it be okay?)
If the link will redirect to material that is not G-rated or appropriate for these forums, then it shouldn't be posted on PHF. You can also PM links that you're not sure about to one of the Moderators and they can review them for you.

===

Yikes, I still have so many books waiting for me to finish reading them! I recently received my French books by mail that I ordered online, so will try to find the time for them as well. It will be a great way to expand my vocabulary and I will finally be able to add notes to pages without worrying about ruining the books - yay!

I also listen to a Lord of the Rings trilogy audiobook while working on my embroidery projects -- it's a very soothing pastime. If you ever feel like there's not much time for reading, audiobooks make for a great alternative.

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 05-17-2016, 06:50 PM
I miss PH & PHF
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  

Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
I don't know if it was partly because of you, Onion, but I started reading War and Peace by L. Tolstoy. Now I just hope I'll finish it.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Administrator
View Lori's Photo Album
Lori's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 50

Lori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A list
I'm currently reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. It took me awhile to get into it, but I'm starting to enjoy it now. The writing style isn't one that I usually like as it's very loose and borders on stream of consciousness at times, but the story is really good.

I recently started working at a library, so I hope to read more books that are best sellers.

Edit: I really disliked this book for so many reasons. I know it was a best seller and people keep raving about it to me, but ugh, I just did not like it.

Last edited by Lori; 07-17-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:19 AM
is nostalgic
View toadstool's Photo Album
toadstool's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Musical
toadstool has chosen their Fairy magic
Tinker Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Aaaahh I love Warriors!
Old 09-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Busy with Pets or Books
View AutumnNeversprite's Photo Album
AutumnNeversprite's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Autumn 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Thankful For Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
AutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Water Talent
well I just got a new book "The Cottingley Secret by Hazel ***nor" it's about the Cottingley Fairies back in 1917 where the girls took photos of fairies near their home.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Currently reading "The Pixar Touch: The Making of a Company", which basically goes over the history of Pixar in detail and in context (it talks about the times it was created, the technology, interviews, just really going into detail and explanations). I'd recommend it to anyone that's looking for a cool non-fiction book that's pretty well-explained and (in my opinion) a good read!

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 09-16-2017, 08:03 PM
I miss PH & PHF
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase

I'm actually reading a biography of Jonathan Edwards by Iain H Murray. Reading a non-fiction book in my spare time for the first time in a while.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Administrator
View Lori's Photo Album
Lori's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 50

Lori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A listLori has made Fairy Mary's A list
This will always be the thread for me.

I just finished reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I should be starting the second book in the series, but I'm still trying to recover from the first.

I'm also listening to Home Front by Kristin Hannah.

I have a thing for depressing books.