PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Site Content > Sprinkle of Pixie Dust

Sprinkle of Pixie Dust A baby's laugh has brought you here, now introduce yourself! Post Your Welcome and Goodbye Threads Here!

Old Back from Vacation

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:58 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Back from Vacation

Hello hello, my fairy friends! I've recently come back home to New Zealand, and just wanted to flit on by to greet everyone and to let you know that I'm happy to see you all again.
Please excuse my absence as I have been fairly busy while travelling here and there, from one country to another. My trip comprised of a LOT of wonderful experiences, the bulk of which were during my stay in Morocco (learning French while living with a host family). It's difficult to explain in just a few words what my trip has been like, but it's as if I've travelled to a completely different world. There were a few bumps along the way so I unfortunately wasn't able to meet up with a friend in Europe, but when have you ever heard of a trip without any problems?

Now I've come back home with rather mixed emotions - feeling invigorated, much more confident in myself and ready to face all the upcoming challenges, but at the same time also feeling a bit lost, with lots of questions to think about... But that's just life, isn't it?

I'll be keeping myself busy this year, but I haven't forgotten about the projects I've started here. Plus I'm really looking forward to getting back into drawing more, so I'll continue to upload pixie or nature-related pictures when I complete them.

Before I forget, I've uploaded a few photos of my travels to my private album here on PHF, just to give you a sense of the variety of places that I was able to visit. It's incredible how many different places there are in the world; you can explore them all your life and still find something new for yourself! Let's just say that this isn't the end of my adventures but only the beginning!

Spoiler for Photos:
Click the image to view the full version Click the image to view the full version

Click the image to view the full version Click the image to view the full version

Profile pic by Mia L ~ Thank you! ♥ ~ Site Rules ~ Pixie Hollow Wiki
Old 03-10-2016, 04:03 AM
in a blink
View Neverbelle's Photo Album
Neverbelle's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 120

My Mood: fairyish
Neverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magicNeverbelle has mastered their Fairy magic
Welcome back, Alexia! We're so glad to see you again!

Those pictures are stunning-- did you take them all yourself? It sounds like you had a nice time, although it's a bummer you couldn't meet up with your friend! I can imagine you must be tired after such a long trip, but I'm looking forward to hearing more about it (and also curious about what sort of questions you are thinking about?) when you are settled in again.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:33 AM
Collector
View Alyce Natalie's Photo Album
Alyce Natalie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful for 2019 Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 155

My Mood: Creative
Alyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friendAlyce Natalie is Tinker Bell's best friend
Tinker Talent Animal Talent Garden Talent
Welcome back Alexia! It's very nice to meet you again.

Wow, what a very wonderful and relaxing vacation (sound you have a very enjoyful time, yes?) I simply enjoy looking at the dark clock (maybe Big Ben?) and also the cityscape on the first picture... it looks very modern and enjoyful.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:34 AM
RPs assemble!
View Night Wish's Photo Album
Night Wish's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Create a Contest 2019 Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Halloween Award 2016 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2016 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2016 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Bighug
Night Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy ListNight Wish is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Welcome back, Alexia, it's great to have you back!

Those pictures look amazing, how wonderful that you got to visit all of those places! Travelling to so many different countries really can feel like visiting a whole new world, can't it? I'm sorry you didn't get to meet with your friend though.

Sig made by the amazing Ruby (Book Thing)!

Old 03-11-2016, 02:03 AM
Flitterific Garden Fairy
View Coconut Tulippetal's Photo Album
Coconut Tulippetal's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Friendship Award 2019 Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 
Total Awards: 102

My Mood: fairyish
Coconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy ListCoconut Tulippetal is on Tink's Buddy List
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Welcome back, Alexia!

Avatar by _Stormy_ | Profile Picture and Signature by Alyce
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 PM
I miss PH & PHF
View Primrosesweet's Photo Album
Primrosesweet's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 Pixie Create A New Holiday Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017 Valentine's Day Award 2017  
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Quiet
Primrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the QueenPrimrosesweet met the Queen
Water Talent Garden Talent Light Talent
Welcome back, Onion!
It's so cool that you were able to visit all those places. To have that opportunity must have been incredible.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Wow, Alexia, that's so cool! Your pictures look fantastic, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun on your vacation!
Welcome back!

Signature by someone, avatar by Neverbelle ~ Come flit by my Userpage! ~ Switch friend code: SW-0846-5678-6094
Old 03-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Studying plant biology!
View JuliaSnowflake9's Photo Album
JuliaSnowflake9's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award Winter Treat Award Thankful For Award Halloween 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Autumn 2015 Award 
Total Awards: 44

My Mood: Asleep
JuliaSnowflake9 is a wiz at Fairy TagJuliaSnowflake9 is a wiz at Fairy TagJuliaSnowflake9 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Old 03-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Visit the DOW wiki at www.disneysonlineworlds.com!
View Mommy 2 Jules's Photo Album
Mommy 2 Jules's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Extra Life 2014 Award Friendship Award 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 188

My Mood: DowObsessed
Mommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond reputeMommy 2 Jules is a Fairy beyond repute
Animal Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Welcome back, Alexia! We missed you bunches. I look forward to hearing more about your amazing trip.

~ Em

Thank you, Coconut Tulippetal for the lovely profile pic and siggy! | Site Rules | The DOW Wiki | Mods & Admins | PM Me
Old 03-14-2016, 06:46 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 

Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Thank you so much, everyone! Your kind words mean a lot to me. To be honest I've started feeling like I came back home only after a week has passed. I've been moving so often these past two months, that it felt like my stay here at home was only temporary as well. I've actually been feeling more energetic than ever when I came back, because I was still keeping the same momentum that I had obtained during my trip. Gotta keep moving, hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbelle View Post
Those pictures are stunning-- did you take them all yourself? It sounds like you had a nice time, although it's a bummer you couldn't meet up with your friend! I can imagine you must be tired after such a long trip, but I'm looking forward to hearing more about it (and also curious about what sort of questions you are thinking about?) when you are settled in again.
I did indeed take all those photos, and I have a couple hundred more stored in my folder. I actually didn't take as many photos as I wanted to during my stay in Morocco as I didn't want to look or feel like a tourist. I was already getting enough attention because of being a girl with white skin. Wearing sunglasses helped ignore the stares and invitations to talk. My classmate said that I unfortunately don't have a poker face, that is so true, haha!

There's certainly a lot of things that can be talked about, but for me it's mostly the little details of the journey that are the most precious. Like the conversations I've struck up with those I sat next to during my flights, or not purchasing a first class ticket on the train in Morocco and experiencing all the chaos of the second class (it was very amusing, by the way!), or how people kept coming up to me on the streets or the subway asking for directions to which I replied "I don't know, I'm a tourist myself!"

In regards to my questions, I'm currently at a crossroads where I need to decide on what to do during these next few years, and how that can help me in the future. I would actually love to move somewhere else in order to challenge myself and live a bit more independently, but at this point in time it's just not a feasible option. So, that's my turmoiling thoughts in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Wish View Post
Travelling to so many different countries really can feel like visiting a whole new world, can't it?
Absolutely! Especially when you plunge yourself into a different culture, where everyone speaks a different language. This trip has made me realise how interesting and diverse the world truly is. I would highly recommend such a trip to others, and better yet, learn another language while you're there. I've also met many wonderful people from all over the world, and I would love to visit them again some day.

Here are some descriptions of the photos that I've shared:
  • The first photo is Singapore. We usually fly through Changi Airport as transit, but this time we decided to stay in the city for a day. It was incredible! The climate is warm all year round, the architecture is very unique, and even though the city is very modern, there is a lot of greenery, with the gardens being a key attraction site. I will most definitely visit it again!
  • The second photo was taken on the very first day of our arrival in Russia. The forest was all frosted over, and it was a very sunny day so everything sparkled beautifully, it was magical!
  • The third and fourth photos were taken in Morocco; one is a garden in the city I lived in (during the sunset), and the other was a weekend trip out of the city that my classmate planned (and I tagged along). The old suburb in this particular city that we visited is the most ancient one in Morocco, and it's like a labyrinth! We got lost almost instantly, and not even my compass helped us figure out where we were supposed to go. We would just walk around the streets (which is like one big marketplace) until we accidentally found a way out. I took the photo when we walked up onto the rooftop of a particular building, and suddenly everything becomes quiet, and you only see the other rooftops all around you. It's like a canopy of a rainforest, in a way.
  • The last two photos that I shared were taken in Paris. The winter weather wasn't pleasant, but all the more reason to visit the museums and stare in awe at the beautiful architecture from the inside.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Late 'Welcome Back Wishes' Alexia, I'm glad you're travels were safe ones. I'd love to see more of your photos.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:53 PM
3 Founding Fairies 2008
View Peweli's Photo Album
Peweli's Fairy
Awards Showcase
First Day of Spring Award 2017 Pixie Get A New Name Award 2017  2016 Fairy Feast Award 2016 Autumn Award Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016 Outfit Designer 2016 Awawrd A Fairy Haiku Award 
Total Awards: 51

My Mood: Festive
Peweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast FlyerPeweli is a Fast Flyer
Garden Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Welcome Home

Welcome back Onionleaf, Your trip sounds just wonderful. Your pictures are wonderful also. Do you have some that we can see on a webpage somewhere? I love looking at peoples vacation pictures. So happy you arrived home safely.

Sincerely,
Quicksilver

My Fairies: Quicksilver Cloudshimmer Twilight Diamondshimmer Topaz Nightwhisper
Arrival Date - January 24, 2007
Old 03-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Tinkering away
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Thank you! I was surprised at how smoothly my travels went, I think my parents were more worried during my trip than I was. It was my very first independent trip (without family or friends), and I absolutely loved it.

I added plenty more photos for you all to browse in my private album if you'd like to see them.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Is The Best ♥
View Rach1214's Photo Album
Rach1214's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2016 Summertime Award Summer 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award St. Patrick Day 2016 Award 6 More Weeks of Contests Award Leap Year 2016 Award Pixie Resolutions Award 
Total Awards: 40

My Mood: InCharge
Rach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy TagRach1214 is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Light Talent Water Talent
Heart

That so amazing! Welcome back!
Old 03-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Here and there
View Rainbowswirls's Photo Album
Rainbowswirls's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Halloween Award 2016 Arcade Champ Arcade Champ Earth Day 2016 Award End of the Rainbow Award Spring 2016 Award 
Total Awards: 42

My Mood: Thinking
Rainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the QueenRainbowswirls met the Queen
Garden Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Welcome back to the forums, Alexia!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation. I rarely get the opportunity to go on vacations unless it's a family gathering, so I'm glad to see the photos that you've taken and that you had an enjoyable trip.