PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Hollow Map > Pixie Map Archive

Pixie Map Archive Archive Forum for Pixie Map

Old A Serious Flaw in the Wilderness

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Pixie Mom Extraordinaire
View June Rosewillow's Photo Album
June Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Contented
June Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the Queen
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
A Serious Flaw in the Wilderness

I have loved the new wilderness changes made recently. I love that it seems more interactive allowing more fairies to participate. However, I have noticed a serious flaw that's got my wings all in a tangle. Since they allow all fairies to do all the talent skills when you're in there (whether you actually have that talent skill or not) it's really causing problems with fairies NOT helping.

I first noticed it when I had a fairy join my wilderness adventure only to discover that she had completely depleted her pixie dust before entering the wilderness. I began the challenges anyway thinking that she would just use a cookie and refill but she just continued to fly from one animal to the next, just watching me do all the work. I was doing talent skills that she should have been doing but she just lazily stood by and watched me use all my pixie dust while she reaped the benefits. Well, I got wise and reeeeaaally took my time filling up my pixie dust to complete the last animal challenge and she grew tired of waiting for me so she left. (Enter evil laugh here.)

My point is, now that any fairy can do any talent skill in the wilderness based on which talent skills the other fairies have, they can take advantage like this fairy did. I liked it better when you could only do the talent skill if you actually HAD the talent skill. It seemed that it kind of forced fairies to help if they wanted to finish. And besides, what's the point of earning talent points to acquire new talent skills (among other things) if you can just do them in the wilderness anyway? I don't get it.

On a related matter, I really don't understand why they don't assign a number value to each cupcake and cookie so you know exactly how much of your pixie dust it will refill. I mean, really, am I supposed to know that a scoop of pixie dust is more than a cup and a pinch is less than a dash? If your pixie dust has a number value assigned to it (for example, mine is currently 150/150) how hard would it be to assign number values for the cookies and cupcakes, too? I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out which cookie is now the best one to bake based on how many ingredients it takes (and which ones) and how much pixie dust it refills.

Sigh.

Anyone have any thoughts on these problems? I'd love to hear them.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Thinking about things
View Breezy lemonwind's Photo Album
Breezy lemonwind's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner - Retired Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Winter 2012 Solstice Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Flutterish
Breezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A listBreezy lemonwind has made Fairy Mary's A list
Water Talent Tinker Talent Garden Talent
I'm with you June. I have had a few fairies do the same thing to me in
the Wilderness.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Is a Pixie
View Rill Wildspirit's Photo Album
Rill Wildspirit's Fairy
Awards Showcase
National Cookie Day 2014 Award 2014 Happy Valentine's Day Award Fairy Friends To The End Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award May The 4th Be With You 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 2013 Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy Holidays'12 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Sad
Rill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A listRill Wildspirit has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Garden Talent Tinker Talent
Oh, that is just too bad. And here I had been assuming that they fixed the wilderness so that we would stop having that problem of do-nothing pixies. I wonder how they can solve this. I am still not sure how I like the new wilderness. It seems like you don't get as many rewards as before. I don't like the talent skill cookie quests either. Too many steps, for too little rewards. I hope they will make a fourth wilderness area in a summer meadow and make it more like the old way of doing the skills.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
3 "Sweet" Fairies
View Sapphire Sweetfeather's Photo Album
Sapphire Sweetfeather's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 May the 4th Award 2017 Mother Earth Day Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 175

My Mood: Cookies
Sapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond reputeSapphire Sweetfeather is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Garden Talent Animal Talent
Well that isn't nice! I'm sorry that you had a fairy do that to you June. Next time you go if any of my girls are in the hollow and you want a friend to adventure with who won't abuse your kind nature, give me a whisper.

And as far as cookies go, Magnolia has broken all of the information down quite well in this thread. http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...ead.php?t=7124 (it's in the spoiler section)

Hope that helps my dear, and hopefully that one fairy is the first and last fairy you have trouble with.

Profile Pic from Coconut. Thank You! Just Remember... I think I'm funny!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Pixie Mom Extraordinaire
View June Rosewillow's Photo Album
June Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Contented
June Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the Queen
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Sweetfeather View Post
Well that isn't nice! I'm sorry that you had a fairy do that to you June. Next time you go if any of my girls are in the hollow and you want a friend to adventure with who won't abuse your kind nature, give me a whisper.

And as far as cookies go, Magnolia has broken all of the information down quite well in this thread. http://www.pixiehollowforums.com/for...ead.php?t=7124 (it's in the spoiler section)

Hope that helps my dear, and hopefully that one fairy is the first and last fairy you have trouble with.
Thanks Sapphire! I don't know what I'd do without you, my fairy friend!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Baking@IcyBlossoms viaBS❤
View Iris Waterdew's Photo Album
Iris Waterdew's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 43

My Mood: Busy
Iris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dustIris Waterdew glows with pixie dust
Water Talent
Yes, that has happened to me before. I was in the Wilderness once when a girl suddenly started sleeping. We couldn't do anything so eventually everyone left except me. That was when she came back, and she got mad at me for letting everyone go. So she left, too, and I had to complete all the adventures myself..................
grr.
LOL XD -Iris

Last edited by Jezzi; 05-13-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Naming Names
Old 05-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Senior Fairy
View grrlsmom's Photo Album
grrlsmom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Talent Pride Participant's Award Pixie Resolution Award Halloween'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Pixieish
grrlsmom has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
Are you sure they are getting anything when they don't participate?

A couple times I had to 'eat' in game and I lost a step and lost talent points.

I'm not sure if it affected my ingredient total because it was just one part of one animal, but it lowered my talent points enough that I noticed it.

Maybe one of us should go in and not do anything to find out what really happens?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Off to new adventures
View lillyfairy's Photo Album
lillyfairy's Fairy
Awards Showcase
2015 National Cookie Day Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2015 Award Guess Who Winner Award Summer 2015 Award Spring 2015 Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Klingon 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 45

My Mood: Crazy
lillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Taglillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Taglillyfairy is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrlsmom View Post
Are you sure they are getting anything when they don't participate?

A couple times I had to 'eat' in game and I lost a step and lost talent points.

I'm not sure if it affected my ingredient total because it was just one part of one animal, but it lowered my talent points enough that I noticed it.

Maybe one of us should go in and not do anything to find out what really happens?
I have been in the wilderness with a fairy or two like this, and at the end I watched to see if they got to collect the ingredients too. That time, It was early after the change, she collected all the ingredients that the other fairies did. She had the ingredient over her head, so I know that she DID get them. That made me mad-why should she get ALL the ingredients when she did little/no work?! Since that incident, I have only gone in with fairies I know, and it's alot more fun. Not sure about the talent points though.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 PM
above the clouds! <3
View Dawn Starvale's Photo Album
Dawn Starvale's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 58

My Mood: Gloomy
Dawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast FlyerDawn Starvale is a Fast Flyer
Water Talent Water Talent
June, I totally hear you on that one! This has happened to me on numerous occasions. More often than not they'll run out of pixie dust towards the end and never bother to eat another cookie. :P

There should be some sort of pixie dust enforcer, making sure they have adequate pixie dust replenishments for when they enter the Wilderness! If so, sure, let them go, but if they tag along and not do any of the work, they most certainly do NOT deserve the points earned.

I also agree that learning all the talent skill is a bit pointless! Why learn them all when we can do them all anyway? I do miss being almost exclusive to Splash, it made me proud to be a Water talent...now anyone can do it. :Z

I sure hope the Never Council has some sort of remedy for this situation...but I feel that it'll be a long time coming, they have other more pressing matters to worry about.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Im a Founding Fairy!
View Olivia Diamondsky's Photo Album
Olivia Diamondsky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Earth Day 2016 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2015 Award Summer 2015 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Arcade Winner - Retired Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Amuzed
Olivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy ListOlivia Diamondsky is on Tink's Buddy List
Animal Talent Garden Talent Water Talent
Question Sigh

[SIZE="2"]Ok June here goes! Your right! I have left the wilderness several times..Laziness is not my cup of tea! If they dont want to help I rather go alone! I was in the wilderness just the other day with Flora and some sparrowman ( whice will remain namless ) anyway he told her Go ! GO?? GO faster? GO out of here?? What did it mean? I kept playing. He said it again poor Flora was beside herself, she didn't know what to think? So Flora said "GO" he laughed. Now tell me June what does GO Mean? hmm
As for your other Issue...The number value? I wish we had them!! LOL OLIVIA[/SIZE]
Old 05-13-2011, 11:00 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

My Mood: Pixieish
Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
June I so agree with everything you said.
I have gone into the wilderness countless times with faires
who just float there doing nothing. I do not see how that is fair.
I have always wondered how many of any talent points they get
for doing nothing. I have noticed that at the end of each group when
we get one ingredient for doing the task they do not get the picture
over there head. Before you had to help to get though the wilderness,
now you can just fly along and do nothing.

I do enjoy the new wilderness at times. I love that it is a little
different each time you go in. I do miss my wilderness points.
And all of the ingredients you got, it will take me forever to get
the rest of my wilderness royals.

But I miss having MY talent skills. I loved doing splash and move.
I always thought being a water talent all your talent skills should have to do with water.
Why can't water talents have splash, dewdrops and bubbles.
Each talent could have talents that GO with there talent.

Well I would love to meet you soon June in Pixie Hollow.
And trust me I will help with each and every task in the wilderness.

Fly with you soon!
~Twi
Old 05-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Loves my PHF friends!
View popcorn1234's Photo Album
popcorn1234's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 
Total Awards: 137

My Mood: Distracting
popcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friendpopcorn1234 is Tinker Bell's best friend
Light Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
Shocked

Wow, fairies should NOT be doing that to others! When I ran out of cookies during a trip to the Never Mine (which, in case you haven't noticed, is now really really REALLY long), I felt so bad, but did not want to be lazy; so I apologized, told the sparrowman leading that I had run out of cookies, and left.

If you happen to have Baking Fever and can't seem to get rid of it all, just head to the Never Mine. The New Wilderness just burns off your cookies before you can say, "Leapin' Lizards!" XD

Hope this NEVER happens again (oh, but it will) -Eve
Old 05-14-2011, 02:34 AM
Is a Pixie
View evangelin's Photo Album
evangelin's Fairy
My Mood: Artistic
evangelin has chosen their Fairy magic
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
Musical Note

Hi all! I was curious about this and tried a few experiments. I first watched to see what happens if I have a Fairy in my group who doesn't do anything... she gets the ingredients at the end, but that seems ok to me. And the next time, I tried being the person who doesn't do anything. Looks like I don't get any Talent Points, which is what I really care about.

It does seem a little bit pointless to have spells if people who don't have them can use them anyway, but look at it this way... isn't it the life of a Fairy to help others? The problem I had with the last Wilderness is that it was hard to find a fairies who had lots of spells, so I would end up having to do a lot of the work anyway.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:58 AM
Tinkering away
View Onionleaf's Photo Album
Onionleaf's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 July the 4th Award 2017 Summer Solstice Award 2017 Pixie Write An Acrostic Poem Award 2017 
Total Awards: 170

My Mood: Flutterish
Onionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond reputeOnionleaf is a Fairy beyond repute
Tinker Talent Water Talent
Shocked I know, it's so terrible!!

At least the problem with lazy fairies hasn't happened to me (yet). Last night I went into the Never Mine with a level 3 fairy. She ran out of cookies, but at least she apologized, saying that she forgot her second fairy did not have many cookies. At least she helped in the most part!

And also, I really really don't like it how your talents are not YOURS anymore I can do Charm and Grow, when I'm not supposed to, and others are doing Fix and Distract (etc.) when it's not even their talent, but mine!
And now there doesn't seem to be much difference between the talents! What I mean, is that they should have say, roll over lamps for Illuminate, clicking thermometers and such for Heal, clicking on the flower for Grow, etc. Now they have this mish-mash where there is not much difference between the talents, which makes it..boring to receive new talent skills while leveling up (except for the larger cup of Pixie Dust! )

The cookies: the number of Pixie Dust replenished would help considerably!
The ingredients we get: is miserably low I feel I get less ingredients from the trip than how many ingredients I used for my cookies. And the royals are far, far away from my reach now....

Also, after every 'station' you receive Talent Points. Not much, but you do. So if you don't participate, you won't get these points.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:36 AM
(/ ● ◡<)/ ★ミ
View Cutesky's Photo Album
Cutesky's Fairy
Awards Showcase
 May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2014 Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award EKB Day Award Spring 2014 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2014 Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Ethereal
Cutesky is a wiz at Fairy TagCutesky is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
I have definitely been in the same situation before, though I brushed it off my shoulders. I think that fairies take advantage of the new wilderness feature, and have the decision whether to help their group or to watch them do all the work and take all the credited ingredients at the end. It's shocking how lazy people could be! I just watched my pixie dust reduce in chunks. I've also noticed that some would skip a specific challenge in the wilderness that they probably didn't want to do. Most of the time, me and a full group of other pixies would go in and help an animal, while one pixie would skip a talent move they didn't want to do the whole time. They would go into their pouch, and I thought they would be eating another cookie but they did it on purpose!!! It upset me.

I hope that Pixie would maybe consider this problem to make it all fair to the pixies who are doing the work. Maybe they should have a cookie check before pixies go into the wilderness, to make sure that they had enough before they went in? I agree with ya Onion!! I loved illuminate and heal

Cutesky