PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Fairies General Discussion > Fairies General Discussion Archive

Fairies General Discussion Archive Archive forum for Pixie Hollow's General Discussion forum.

Old Save Pixie Hollow! All Discussion of PH's Closing v.2 *Mega-Thread*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
An ad, huh? Where?

I thought of an idea that could help bring Pixie Hollow back, of course no idea is guarantee to work just to put that out there....

I know a lot of you want to boycott Disney and stop buying anything from them, but that is not the answer. A company does not bring games out when merchandise themed on the game does not sell. It's not a good investment. There was even that one suspicion that Disney closed Pixie Hollow because Disney Fairies sales were down.
People need to start buying Disney Fairies merchandise: the dolls, toys, books, DVD/Blu-ray, clothes, etc. If the popularity of the Fairies franchise goes up, then this may send a signal to Disney to bring out a new Pixie Hollow online game.

Although from what I have seen in just the past year, phone apps are the big thing now and may continue on for a long time to come; meaning online games are not a good investment to make lots of money.
Perhaps people should boycott apps. I know that would make me happy...(yes, I dislike smart phones.)

Another thing that may be bad for a possible future Pixie Hollow online game, is that apparently online kid games are not a good investment, because kids do not have money. Adults do. That means games appropriate for young children (like Pixie Hollow) are not likely to be made. This knowledge comes from something the president of the Sony Games company said, by the way. Another online kids (Sony) game I play just closed down last month because of that one reason.
And a remark by a company that recently bought the kids site Neopets said they were interested in the game because adults like it as well.

Ah, what a world, what a world....
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Stella Suspeck
View 56GreyJars's Photo Album
56GreyJars's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Splashing
56GreyJars has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAmberXOX View Post
But deep in my heart, I still have a big feeling that PH will return in some form.
I agree with you Amber~

Even though its been months and we still haven't seen any information about any official reopening, I'd say we've been doing a really good job of keeping the Hollow alive. The fact that pixies still post on this thread says a lot. So yes, I think the Hollow will come back in some form, whether its by us or by Disney Interactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira110 View Post
An ad, huh? Where?

I thought of an idea that could help bring Pixie Hollow back, of course no idea is guarantee to work just to put that out there....

I know a lot of you want to boycott Disney and stop buying anything from them, but that is not the answer. A company does not bring games out when merchandise themed on the game does not sell. It's not a good investment. There was even that one suspicion that Disney closed Pixie Hollow because Disney Fairies sales were down.
People need to start buying Disney Fairies merchandise: the dolls, toys, books, DVD/Blu-ray, clothes, etc. If the popularity of the Fairies franchise goes up, then this may send a signal to Disney to bring out a new Pixie Hollow online game.

Although from what I have seen in just the past year, phone apps are the big thing now and may continue on for a long time to come; meaning online games are not a good investment to make lots of money.
Perhaps people should boycott apps. I know that would make me happy...(yes, I dislike smart phones.)
I think your idea of buying Disney Fairies merchandise is worth a shot.
If we really get into this idea and take it as seriously as we did the petition, I think it could become successful, but then again that is if lots of people participate (or some really rich person bought out all the toys in the stores)
Maybe we could chart our progress to see how well we're doing, like have a start point (0$) and an end goal. I guess we would just have to post what we bought on a thread and how much it costs and the mod would update how much we've got. But like Sapphira said, this idea isn't guaranteed to work, it's just an idea for now.

Last edited by Onionleaf; 04-03-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: double posted
Old 04-03-2014, 01:22 AM
KTPHPA xoxo
View XRoseyGirlX's Photo Album
XRoseyGirlX's Fairy
Awards Showcase
May the Fourth 2016 Award Halloween 2015 Award Pixie Hollow Parody Award Pixie Resolutions Award Winter 2014 Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award National Cookie Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 94

My Mood: Quiet
XRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dustXRoseyGirlX glows with pixie dust
Garden Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
Not being a neggie (negative person) here, I DO believe Pixie Hollow will come back and I still believe in fairies but yesterday I logged on to Disney's Ghosts of Mistwood (Game) and they're closing it an April 20th.
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust xoxo
Old 04-03-2014, 02:10 AM
idk what to put here!
View Kenzie_Lightningripple's Photo Album
Kenzie_Lightningripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Roflol
Kenzie_Lightningripple is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56GreyJars View Post
I think your idea of buying Disney Fairies merchandise is worth a shot.
If we really get into this idea and take it as seriously as we did the petition, I think it could become successful, but then again that is if lots of people participate (or some really rich person bought out all the toys in the stores)
Maybe we could chart our progress to see how well we're doing, like have a start point (0$) and an end goal. I guess we would just have to post what we bought on a thread and how much it costs and the mod would update how much we've got. But like Sapphira said, this idea isn't guaranteed to work, it's just an idea for now.
it might not be guaranteed, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't work. im just saying. i think its got a possibility.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 PM
∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞ ♥ ∞
View Infinity Mistyvalley's Photo Album
Infinity Mistyvalley's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Pixieish
Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver LightflowerPH View Post
I saw a ad for PH the other day... Suspicious if you ask me!!
*is on to Disney*
Silver, what was the ad about? No offense, but I won't get my hopes up just yet as it seems Disney toys with our emotions where PH is concerned.

Are you sure it wasn't an ad for the Disney Fairies site?

~Infinity Mistyvalley

Last edited by Infinity Mistyvalley; 04-03-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 PM
a pixie & mom of 3pirates
View elfarie's Photo Album
elfarie's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Summer Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award Make A Pixie Wish Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Holidays'12 Award Winter 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 47

My Mood: Artistic
elfarie is a talented Fairyelfarie is a talented Fairy
Tinker Talent Water Talent Animal Talent
I think supporting pixie hollow through the toys just might work.

Has anyone tried to find an "Elsa" doll lately? They are very hard to find - and I bet next Christmas we see a ton of Frozen stuff and extras of "Elsa". That's because, she is so popular, supported and has a big fan base.

I hope the new movie "Pirate Fairy" and all the associated toys do well, because that might get the attention of the decision makers. I say, stay positive. If you like a Disney fairy product - hand write a letter to Disney saying how much you like it and why or write a fan letter to Tinker Bell or any other fairy you liked and miss. (No e-mails they are to easy to delete - REAL mail will pile up on someone's desk!!) Stay positive!! They may never bring back Pixie Hollow as we enjoyed it, but they may make something else to support a fan base.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:22 PM
ETX CPI ASTD GI?
View Silver LightflowerPH's Photo Album
Silver LightflowerPH's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn 2015 Award My Favorite Fall Memory in Pixie Hollow Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2015 Award May The 4th 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Make A Wish 2014 Award Winter 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 32

My Mood: Apprehensive
Silver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy TagSilver LightflowerPH is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Garden Talent Animal Talent Light Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Mistyvalley View Post
Silver, what was the ad about? No offense, but I won't get my hopes up just yet as it seems Disney toys with our emotions where PH is concerned.

Are you sure it wasn't an ad for the Disney Fairies site?

~Infinity Mistyvalley
It was about the Summer Dolls it had a scene were it showed PH in it.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Stella Suspeck
View 56GreyJars's Photo Album
56GreyJars's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Champs Award Spring 2014 Award Memory Award Pixie Resolution 2014 Award 2013 Thanksgiving Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Splashing
56GreyJars has chosen their Fairy magic
Water Talent
Quote:
So what is a video or one of those animated ads? Also, what site did you see it on?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Storytelling-Talent
View Sapphira110's Photo Album
Sapphira110's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Talk Like A Pirate Day Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award Summer Vacation 2017 Award July the 4th Award 2017 Pixie Get Caught Reading Award 2017 First Day of Spring Award 2017 
Total Awards: 61

My Mood: Mischievous
Sapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy ListSapphira110 is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
So far this year I've gotten:
Pirate Fairy Periwinkle Deluxe US $17
Pirate Fairy Zarina Deluxe US $17
"The Pirate Fairy" on Blu-Ray US $23
Papercutz Disney Fairies comic "Tinker Bell and Stories for a Rainy Day" US $6
Papercutz Disney Fairies comic "Tinker Bell to the Rescue" US $6
For a total of US $69.
I'm hoping to get more of the comics at one point...
Oh yes, I was also getting the Disney Fairies magazine, but I stopped since they like to throw in issues like Minnie Mouse & Friends and Sofia the First in between issues; so I never know when a new one comes to stores.

EDIT: I can't find any information about summer dolls in regards to Disney Fairies...Are you talking about the Palm Tree Cove ones? Because those are from last year's summer and had codes for Pixie Hollow; you could get a watermelon dress or a seashell dress for your fairy.

Last edited by Sapphira110; 04-03-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Busy with Pets or Books
View AutumnNeversprite's Photo Album
AutumnNeversprite's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Autumn 2015 Award St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 Pixie Resolutions Award Thankful For Award Autumn 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 19

My Mood: Artistic
AutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast FlyerAutumnNeversprite is a Fast Flyer
Animal Talent Water Talent Water Talent
I was at Wal*Mart the other day and they were sending most toys back to be reboxed because they didn't want to carry the toys with the codes when they are no good i've already seen some of the older toys that have been put itno new boxes and stuff.
I do know it takes a while to get the toys back check to make sure everything is there then rebox it all and then send it all back out so it's just a matter of time is all.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award Pixie Scavenger Hunt Participation Award Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award 2014 Summer Award Crossword Winner's Award May The 4th Be With You 2014 Award Memory Award Spring 2014 Award 

Infinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy TagInfinity Mistyvalley is a wiz at Fairy Tag
Animal Talent
Heart

Quote:
Hmm, strange. I wonder if this commercial is on YouTube? I don't watch Disney Channel anymore ever since the shows turned terrible.

Did it say anything in regards to PH during the commercial?

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 04-05-2014, 03:23 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
I just found out that Disney is stalking their visitors who arrive to their parks and spying on them to closely observe their behavior using bands and such that the visitors wear around their wrists that are secretly tracking devices.

NO DISNEY! When did you become creepy stalkers?! And I just went to WDW D: if Disney was secretly observing me, THEN THEY'LL KNOW EVERY SINGLE STEP I TOOK THERE!!!

Or I'm overreacting. Yes, lets just hope that I am overreacting.

And what if the visitors take the bands home??! Does that mean they'll be tracked while SLEEPING in their beds at night?!

*wakes up at midnight to see my Disney band vibrating*
Me: D: ?
Band: Don't worry, I'm just a tracking technology that Disney uses to spy on you at day and night in your humble abode. Now to send Disney what you ate for dinner...

EEEEEEEEK *breaks lamp while panicking in fear*

Oh, and there's this:

And if you believe in conspiracy theories, consider the grander possibilities. Disney just announced that they’re spending $1 billion to bring RFID into their parks. Does that mean a child could bring their collection of Infinity toys to be scanned at various checkpoints in Disney World to unlock even more content in their game? Could an Infinity player experience totally unique aspects to Disney World? Technically speaking, yes, that sort of groundbreaking cross-pollination is absolutely possible. To infinity and beyond, indeed.

Couldn't I just steal some kids' Infinity toy collection then? I mean, if kids are actually bringing their Infinity collection to the parks, wouldn't that be risking them to be lost or broken? Or both?
I hear of some people traveling across boat, plane, train, sneaking into the back of trucks loading hay bales, to get to Disney parks, which seems to me the perfect time for little Jimmy to accidentally crack his Jack Sparrow's figurine statue things' arm off on the edge of the hay truck.
And I could steal the kids' figurines while their getting them scanned!

*walks on up to little Jimmy*
Me: O_O HAI DERE
Jimmy: Oh hai
Me: I like your toys...
Jimmy: Thanks?...
*CORNFLOWER SWOOPS IN FOR THE DIVE AND SNATCHES ALL OF JIMMY'S TOYS IN A SINGLE SWOOP AND DISAPPEARS IN THE SHADOWS*
Jimmy: :O
Old 04-05-2014, 04:59 PM
idk what to put here!
View Kenzie_Lightningripple's Photo Album
Kenzie_Lightningripple's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Thankful For Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Fairy Friends To The End Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award Speed Chat Phrase Story Designer Participant's Awa International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Roflol
Kenzie_Lightningripple is a talented Fairy
Water Talent Light Talent Animal Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflower View Post
Couldn't I just steal some kids' Infinity toy collection then? I mean, if kids are actually bringing their Infinity collection to the parks, wouldn't that be risking them to be lost or broken? Or both?
I hear of some people traveling across boat, plane, train, sneaking into the back of trucks loading hay bales, to get to Disney parks, which seems to me the perfect time for little Jimmy to accidentally crack his Jack Sparrow's figurine statue things' arm off on the edge of the hay truck.
And I could steal the kids' figurines while their getting them scanned!

*walks on up to little Jimmy*
Me: O_O HAI DERE
Jimmy: Oh hai
Me: I like your toys...
Jimmy: Thanks?...
*CORNFLOWER SWOOPS IN FOR THE DIVE AND SNATCHES ALL OF JIMMY'S TOYS IN A SINGLE SWOOP AND DISAPPEARS IN THE SHADOWS*
Jimmy: :O
people would steal disney infinity toys from little kids?! wow.... people these days.... (not you though, cornflower)
Old 04-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Awards Showcase

Animal Talent
Heart

Ok, Disney seriously needs to change the "Disney Infinity" name to something else because I keep thinking someone is saying MY NAME!!!

As far as the tracking wristbands go... that does sound creepy. Where did you get this information from? Were you wearing a wristband when you were visiting WDW? If so, who gave them to you? I have a feeling Disney is doing it not to be a stalker... but to gather information on areas in the park that are visited more than others. Their way of going about collecting this data is rather disturbing though. If I was wearing a band, I would be sure to hang out at PH a whole lot to send them a message.

~Infinity Mistyvalley
Old 04-05-2014, 07:40 PM
"You're a fai-"—"I know!"
View Cornflower's Photo Album
Cornflower's Fairy
Awards Showcase
St. Partrick's Day Award 2015 2014 Thanksgiving Award EKB Meme Award Trick or Treat Award Halloween 2014 Award If Staff Were Silly Sweets Participant Award Autumn 2014 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014 Award 
Total Awards: 66

My Mood: Bahahaha
Cornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy ListCornflower is on Tink's Buddy List
Water Talent Light Talent Garden Talent
When I went to WDW I didn't have a wristband. Instead my family had something else fairy similar to them though, which I unfortunately forgot what that ''thing'' was. But I think it has the same tracking-stalker-technology as the bands, but just in the form of a different object. But I do think that object works the same as the bands.

But I did see a ton of people there wearing the bands, and I saw some bands even on the ground at some places. So people I guess eventually found out they were being stalked by Disney and possibly began squealing in terror as they got a pair of nunchuks and began whamming it at their wrists to get the bands off just to later discard the bands on the ground because they were all like ''I AIN'T GONNA TOUCH DAT THING IT COLLECTS MY FINGA PRINTSSSSS''
I think it collects finger prints, at least

Or people could've just lost their stalker bands and accidentally lost them on the ground. But I'm still going to go with the first possibility of the whole stalker-band-on-da-ground thing.

I unfortunately don't know where the people got the bands, but I did see some employees who just stood around, chillin', who were either giving the stalker bands out or listening closely on the information the bands found out on where little Jimmy has been eating lunch recently and if he's been eating more mustard or ketchup than the other.