PHForums Home PHForums PHForums Gallery PHF Arcade User Control Panel Register! Member List Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search Forums

Go Back   Pixie Hollow - Disney Fairies Online Forums > Game Forums > Pixie Hollow Map > Pixie Map Archive

Pixie Map Archive Archive Forum for Pixie Map

Old A Serious Flaw in the Wilderness

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Proud Mom Fairy!
View Lila Mossgarden's Photo Album
Lila Mossgarden's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Patriotic Fairy's 2014 Award Crossword Winner's Award 2014 Summer Award Craft-A-Word Contest Participant Award Arcade Puzzle Challenge Participant Award EKB Day Award Memory Award Terrific Spotter Award 
Total Awards: 115

My Mood: Baking
Lila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magicLila Mossgarden has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Water Talent Light Talent
Unfortunately I thik we have all experienced this. Last time I had someone do it, They had no dust and before I even started to help the animal I asked her if she was going to eat. She ate ONE MEASLY acorn cookie and did one part of the three skills for that animal and did nothing the rest of the time. I thought maybe it would be like if they didn't help on the skill and got no points but Nooooo she got all the same rewards as me! Too unfair. I admit she did help on one skill on one animal, so she could get one spider silkor something but not all of them!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:26 PM
music is what i breathe
View vilmadebora's Photo Album
vilmadebora's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Winter Solstice Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award Design a Potion Participation's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Spring 2011 Award 
Total Awards: 27

My Mood: Musical
vilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A listvilmadebora has made Fairy Mary's A list
Animal Talent Water Talent Garden Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrlsmom View Post
Are you sure they are getting anything when they don't participate?

A couple times I had to 'eat' in game and I lost a step and lost talent points.

I'm not sure if it affected my ingredient total because it was just one part of one animal, but it lowered my talent points enough that I noticed it.

Maybe one of us should go in and not do anything to find out what really happens?
1.Are you sure they are getting anything when they don't participate?
---No they do not get anything, if they miss one they don't get the ingredients for that one. But if they don't do anything during the adventure they don't get ingredients (not even the ones at the end) or talent points.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Pixie Mom Extraordinaire
View June Rosewillow's Photo Album
June Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Contented
June Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the Queen
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Maybe if Pixie Hollow disabled your fairy from entering the wilderness if your pixie dust is completely depleted, that might end some of the problems. There could be a pop up message saying somethings like, "Oops! It looks like you're out of pixie dust! You need to refill it by eating a cookie or cupcake before you can enter the wilderness." They have a pop up message telling you something similar while you're in the wilderness completing the challenges. How hard would it be to have one before you enter? Unfortunately, I think there are always going to be pixies taking advantage of others.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Senior Fairy
View grrlsmom's Photo Album
grrlsmom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Talent Pride Participant's Award Pixie Resolution Award Halloween'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Pixieish
grrlsmom has chosen their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Light Talent Tinker Talent
If you are completely empty, there was a pop up when you entered. I don't know if there is one now or not.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:57 AM
Lightning Fairy
View Mia Lightningwillow's Photo Album
Mia Lightningwillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 
Total Awards: 100

My Mood: Reading
Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Garden Talent Tinker Talent Animal Talent
June my dear! I hear your frustration! You will all happy and excited to know that those little pixies get nothing in return! They do not reep the benefits from no work.

Cricket, Clover, Pumpkin, and I tested it. Poor Clover was our scape goat. She went in with little to nothing for cookie, and did not replenish. Not only did she not get the ingredient after each skill, she did not get the points to go towards the animal badges, nor the talent points to up her levels.

Soooooo, with that, any little pixie who decides to go through the wilderness and not do a thing, is wasting her time!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Senior Fairy
grrlsmom's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Summer 2012 Award Spring 2012 Award Happy Valenpixie Day Award Talent Pride Participant's Award Pixie Resolution Award Halloween'11 Award Patriot Pixie's 2011 Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award 

Oh thank you for testing that out, Mia! I've been trying to talk my daughter into doing that with me.

I'm so glad to hear that they don't get rewards. I got burned TWICE today.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:35 AM
very quiet lately
View Rin's Photo Album
Rin's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Halloween 2013 Award Autumn 2013 Award Fairy Friends To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 Summer 2013 Award J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 59

My Mood: Cheeky
Rin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy ListRin is on Tink's Buddy List
Light Talent Light Talent Light Talent
I'm not gonna lie, I did the exact same thing when I had a membership!
This was back when you got points even when you didn't do anything.
Awesome! d(^_^)

It got boring fast though, I didn't really see the point of going into the Wilderness, so I just didn't go any more! ^‐^

I never had anyone mad at me for doing it though.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Pixie Mom Extraordinaire
View June Rosewillow's Photo Album
June Rosewillow's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fairy Friends To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Summer 2013 Award Patriotic Fairy's 2013 Award International Fairy Day Award 2013 J.M. Barrie Day 2013 Award Spring 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 73

My Mood: Contented
June Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the QueenJune Rosewillow met the Queen
Light Talent Water Talent Tinker Talent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Lightningwillow View Post
June my dear! I hear your frustration! You will all happy and excited to know that those little pixies get nothing in return! They do not reep the benefits from no work.

Cricket, Clover, Pumpkin, and I tested it. Poor Clover was our scape goat. She went in with little to nothing for cookie, and did not replenish. Not only did she not get the ingredient after each skill, she did not get the points to go towards the animal badges, nor the talent points to up her levels.

Soooooo, with that, any little pixie who decides to go through the wilderness and not do a thing, is wasting her time!
Thanks for trying out your little experiment, Mia! It's good to know that they don't get anything if they don't help. I think what I've learned from this is to just adventure with my friends from now on to avoid any potential problems.

Quote:
If you are completely empty, there was a pop up when you entered. I don't know if there is one now or not.
I don't know. She was completely out of pixie dust when she first entered. If they used to do that, it doesn't appear that they're doing it now.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:02 PM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
What a great experiment Mia! So glad to know that the lazy pixies get no points and
no credit towards badges. I always wondered.

~Twi

Last edited by Twilight; 05-16-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Lightning Fairy
Awards Showcase
Arcade Champ 2015 National Cookie Day Award 2015 Thanksgiving Award Pixie Resolutions Award Happy Holidays'14 Award Make A Wish 2014 Award 2014 Thanksgiving Award Thankful For Award 

Mia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magicMia Lightningwillow has mastered their Fairy magic
Aw, thanks ladies but thank Clover for her efforts! It was her idea, I'm just passing the good news along!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Senior Fairy
grrlsmom's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Anyone else hoping to get a lazy fairy in your group now? I'm almost happy thinking about it! (Maybe I'm mean? LOL)
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Lightning Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Anyone else hoping to get a lazy fairy in your group now? I'm almost happy thinking about it! (Maybe I'm mean? LOL)
LOL, be sure to let them know....
Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 PM
BK
View Wertyla's Photo Album
Wertyla's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Book Titler Participant's Award Happy Valenpixie's Day Award Winter Solstice Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Autumn 2010 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: AFK
Wertyla has disabled reputation
Arrow Wertyla's "Super Post" for this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by June Rosewillow View Post
Since they allow all fairies to do all the talent skills when you're in there (whether you actually have that talent skill or not) it's really causing problems with fairies NOT helping.

I first noticed it when I had a fairy join my wilderness adventure only to discover that she had completely depleted her pixie dust before entering the wilderness. I began the challenges anyway thinking that she would just use a cookie and refill but she just continued to fly from one animal to the next, just watching me do all the work. I was doing talent skills that she should have been doing but she just lazily stood by and watched me use all my pixie dust while she reaped the benefits. Well, I got wise and reeeeaaally took my time filling up my pixie dust to complete the last animal challenge and she grew tired of waiting for me so she left. (Enter evil laugh here.)

My point is, now that any fairy can do any talent skill in the wilderness based on which talent skills the other fairies have, they can take advantage like this fairy did. It seemed that it kind of forced fairies to help if they wanted to finish.
I've run into something like that, too! As soon as one fairy clicks the wilderness challenge, all of the fairies in that wilderness trip are forced to come over and deplete their pixie dust whether they help or not. I was on a wilderness trip with a fairy where I finished the part I had to finish in time, but the other fairy... well? She either took her time on purpose, her computer was slow, or SHE was slow because she tried OVER and OVER to complete the challenge at my expense. Every time she failed the challenge, I lost pixie dust! I try to save as much pixie dust as I can and get the most out of the pixie dust I am given every day, so I found this REALLY unfair. I think I left after the third or fourth try. Why should I lose pixie dust when I've already done my part?

Quote:
I really don't understand why they don't assign a number value to each cupcake and cookie so you know exactly how much of your pixie dust it will refill. I mean, really, am I supposed to know that a scoop of pixie dust is more than a cup and a pinch is less than a dash? If your pixie dust has a number value assigned to it (for example, mine is currently 150/150). How hard would it be to assign number values for the cookies and cupcakes, too? I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out which cookie is now the best one to bake based on how many ingredients it takes (and which ones) and how much pixie dust it refills.
I know, right? I've tried to figure out which cookie refills what amount of pixie dust, but I keep forgetting. I usually play it safe and make blueberry cookies, which refill 50 pixie dust, but I think I really should find out and write down all of the cookies, pixie dust names (like scoop, smidge, and cup), and numbers. By the way, Silly Sweets refill 5 pixie dust if it helps!

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know. She was completely out of pixie dust when she first entered. If they used to do that, it doesn't appear that they're doing it now.
Actually (and no, I haven't tested this AFTER the new changes, but I've tested it before the changes), you can get into the wilderness if your pixie dust bar is empty as long as you have at least one cookie. The fairy could have gotten into the wilderness with an empty pixie dust bar but had cookies in her pouch. If she doesn't eat the cookie, no one would ever know she had it and she could get away with not doing the challenges. Watch out for fairies like that.

Quote:
A couple times I had to 'eat' in game and I lost a step and lost talent points.
WOW... You can LOSE talent points? Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutesky View Post
Maybe they should have a cookie check before pixies go into the wilderness, to make sure that they had enough before they went in?
I don't think that would work because even if the pixie HAS enough cookies, they don't have to eat them, therefore letting them out of the challenges for the rest of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onionleaf View Post
I really really don't like it how your talents are not YOURS anymore I can do Charm and Grow, when I'm not supposed to, and others are doing Fix and Distract (etc.) when it's not even their talent, but mine!
The cookies: the number of Pixie Dust replenished would help considerably!
The ingredients we get: is miserably low I feel I get less ingredients from the trip than how many ingredients I used for my cookies.
Talent Skills: I agree that talent skills aren't "yours" anymore. It doesn't make sense that fairies can do skills that they haven't earned yet when on a wilderness trip with another fairy, so what's the point of earning the skills (besides unlocking the cool new clothes, blueprints, and silly sweets!)?

The cookies: Yeah, I think most fairies here would like numbers assigned to each cookie that tell us how much pixie dust they replenish.

Getting less ingredients: I would LOVE to get more ingredients, too! With the expense of making of the cookies plus how many ingredients we earn, we lose ingredients in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Starvale View Post
I do miss being almost exclusive to Splash, it made me proud to be a Water talent... Now anyone can do it.
Yeah... My main fairy, Dewdrop, is a water talent, and although Splash was not my favorite talent skill, I felt good knowing that almost only water talents could do that skill... Who ever heard of other talent fairies splashing water anyway? I wish they hadn't changed how to do the skills, too. Me as my light fairy, Sapphire, enjoyed the old version of the "Illuminate" skill. Hey, NC, if you want to change the talent skill games, make new talent skills instead of deleting the old games altogether!

Last edited by Wertyla; 06-07-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Senior Fairy
grrlsmom's Fairy
Awards Showcase

Quote:
WOW... You can LOSE talent points? Are you sure?
Not actually LOSE them, I just didn't get as many. Since I knew how many I should be getting, to me it was a lose!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 AM
is a proud water pixie!
View Twilight's Photo Album
Twilight's Fairy
Awards Showcase
Fourth of July 2019 Thanksgiving 2017 Award Halloween 2017 Award Autumn Equinox Award 2017 Scavenger Hunt 2017 Award Pet Training 2017 Award International Friendship Day Award 2017 Summer Vacation 2017 Award 
Total Awards: 221

Twilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond reputeTwilight is a Fairy beyond repute
Water Talent Tinker Talent Light Talent
I have been going in to the Bubbly Bog lately working on Royal Truffles.
Since it is a quick and easy wilderness area I have been going in alone latley.
It always seems that when a fairy joins my adventure or I join theirs the other fairy
does not help they are usually a very low level number they use up there one
bar a pixie dust which is not much and then they do not eat a cookie to reload.
So I have to do everything so I figure why not just go alone, I can go throuh it
quickly. And why should they get rewarded for doing nothing.

~Twi